Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Blackheart posted:

EDIT: ^^^ you're right, I guess the last chapter happened during a day off school since they weren't in uniform ^^^

This is finally the chapter where Kat gets to do some hacking! Accompanied by the universal handsign for hacking.

I wonder if this chapter will run a while "during" the events in the previous, and then will jump to "the test" ? I just hope fun times will be had by all.

I've been wondering lately if Paz and others are being "recruited" to the main group with the goal of dealing with Jeanne. I suspect it's gonna be a complex plan and everyone's special abilities will be needed somehow. Uh, in case someone has to convince non-talking animals to do something.

Paz could always just be the Aqua-Man of the group! That's gotta count for something, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Paz could always just be the Aqua-Man of the group! That's gotta count for something, right?

Paz already has Aquaman beat, since she can also talk to land animals.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
On the other hand, she can't breathe underwater.

I guess they're both scared of clowns, though.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
I hope a Tik-Tok bird has a spot in this story arc; they seem like they're already a manifestation of machines growing like meat; maybe Paz and Kat can reverse-engineer one together.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

The Red Queen posted:

I hope a Tik-Tok bird has a spot in this story arc; they seem like they're already a manifestation of machines growing like meat; maybe Paz and Kat can reverse-engineer one together.

I just had the most wonderful mental image of Kat and Paz chasing down a Tic-toc with nets :3:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I'm just glad to see the workshop again. I think the last time we were here was when the S bots inscribed it with the mark of the creator, and that's been several chapters ago. I wonder what Kat's been up to since then.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

If Paz can become super strong, bullet-proof and become able to breathe underwater that'd be pretty sweet. Is it worth the trade off of basically becoming a joke forever? Who can say.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I bet the issue of why Annie doesn't know yet will be raised soon.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
I'm not sure, but I think this chapter's going to not be about Parley and Smitty.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Is it actually a fact that Annie doesn't know they're together? It's been a while since I really read the older stuff.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

IronicDongz posted:

Is it actually a fact that Annie doesn't know they're together? It's been a while since I really read the older stuff.

As of page two of Chapter 43, Annie did not know. Though who knows if she still doesn't?

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

idonotlikepeas posted:

I bet the issue of why Annie doesn't know yet will be raised soon.

Tom has also said that she doesn't know.

She might have figured it out by now, but I doubt it considering how she's demonstrated her lack of understanding a few times now.

Edit: ^^^Beaten

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
She made a reference to Kat's old thing for Eglamore last chapter, I think she's at least somewhat aware.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Her unawareness is precisely why she made that reference. It's likely that Kat herself told her about this Eglamore character you mention (who we have yet to see).

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Dr. Buttass posted:

She made a reference to Kat's old thing for Eglamore last chapter, I think she's at least somewhat aware.

I'd take that as a sign that she's remaining completely oblivious. That wasn't her way of making a knowing joke, that was just Annie being lovably dumb about anything having to do with relationships.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

BobTheJanitor posted:

I'd take that as a sign that she's remaining completely oblivious. That wasn't her way of making a knowing joke, that was just Annie being lovably dumb about anything having to do with relationships.

Which is why Annie yet again smoothly exited stage left when she realized she had completely put her foot in her mouth when Kat was dumbfounded why she would bring that up.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
So is this after the last chapter, or concurrent to it? Is the Annie medium stuff the liar wasp and monster fighting and this is what they did while behind, or is this after all that?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

So is this after the last chapter, or concurrent to it? Is the Annie medium stuff the liar wasp and monster fighting and this is what they did while behind, or is this after all that?

Not really certain, but signs point to this happening later. Previous chapter starts with Kat and Paz in casual clothes about to play a game, and ends with Annie coming back and them still playing a game. Now they're in their school uniforms and in Kat's warehouse which is a train ride away from the residential areas, probably. Unless they changed clothes and left to go to the lab mid-day and then came back and changed back to their after school clothes for some reason, it wouldn't make sense to have this happen on the same day.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

BobTheJanitor posted:

Not really certain, but signs point to this happening later. Previous chapter starts with Kat and Paz in casual clothes about to play a game, and ends with Annie coming back and them still playing a game. Now they're in their school uniforms and in Kat's warehouse which is a train ride away from the residential areas, probably. Unless they changed clothes and left to go to the lab mid-day and then came back and changed back to their after school clothes for some reason, it wouldn't make sense to have this happen on the same day.

Or we could consider that the end of chapter skits are plausable, but mostly non-canonical, and are purely there to be funny.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Unhappy Meal posted:

Or we could consider that the end of chapter skits are plausable, but mostly non-canonical, and are purely there to be funny.

Don't take Mort Fun Time away from me!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Unhappy Meal posted:

Would add undue complexity to the comic. Occam's bro.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I need to believe that octopus finally finds his home in the ocean.

I need to believe.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The after chapter pages may not be strictly canon in the sense that they're going to be vitally important to the plot later on, but I'm pretty sure they're canon enough that nothing has ever blatantly contradicted them, at least as far as I can recall. Really obvious silly vacation week things like City Face aside, of course.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
What? City Face totally happened.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

VanSandman posted:

The plot twist in the final chapters of the comic will reveal that City Face was the real main character all along.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

BobTheJanitor posted:

The after chapter pages may not be strictly canon in the sense that they're going to be vitally important to the plot later on, but I'm pretty sure they're canon enough that nothing has ever blatantly contradicted them, at least as far as I can recall. Really obvious silly vacation week things like City Face aside, of course.
City Face is canon ever since he appeared in the main comic. :colbert:

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing

VanSandman posted:

*will happen.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It hasn't happened, has it? It has "will have going to have happened" happened, but it hasn't actually "happened" happened yet, actually.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Prison Warden posted:

It hasn't happened, has it? It has "will have going to have happened" happened, but it hasn't actually "happened" happened yet, actually.

Well, City Face is well into adulthood by now, so if it hasn't happened yet, it's going to soon.

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

All the bonus pages are canon!
Also, this chapter takes place after the previous chapter.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hooray for the word!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

This ambiguous test won't work with a bored Annie and Paz isn't necessary? Hmm. Is this "test" some Etheric Science or something?

Edit: Oops she's talking about Paz being bored not Annie. And silly Paz that looks much like a Server Room to me.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 23, 2013

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Wow, how did Kat get all that equipment? I wish I had those kinds of resources!

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

edit: ^ she's been building the lab out for a while now -- with robots delivering various things she's requested. I expect given her elevated status among the court robots, it's even easier to get whatever she needs now...

Is this the first time we've seen thought balloons? We've had some narration from Annie (especially in earlier chapters), but I don't recall seeing directly what somebody's thinking before. Guess it's time to re-read the archives and find out!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Quinton posted:

Is this the first time we've seen thought balloons? We've had some narration from Annie (especially in earlier chapters), but I don't recall seeing directly what somebody's thinking before. Guess it's time to re-read the archives and find out!
It's just a voiceover from her head pigeon.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tea-san posted:

All the bonus pages are canon!

Especially Mort fun time.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 23, 2013

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I don't think she's going to be bored at all, Kat.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
She's gonna like whatever's in the room. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
No, Kat. She is trying to share your interests. That's what good girlfriends and boyfriends do. Going all awkward and worrisome is the opposite of what you should be doing. Stop, Kat. Be cool.