Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?

SaxMaverick posted:

You say no to ratchet pilgrims, Indians can't.

Beads a make her dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Also had to give that episode a double-listen. Can't wait for the first SliceHand videos. Also funny that, in a weird bit of serendipity, Young Dro released his second album literally this week.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

SaxMaverick posted:

I think we got here, and we were all so like just like so ratchet from like being on like a gross boat forever that like we couldn't do poo poo, and they came through and totally kicked us down and as soon as we got our legs underneath us we just started loving, just just pinchin'...

They said let us help you, you stupid white people, god you look like poo poo, let us help you, we live off this land, we have many words for love. And then they did, and the second we had a few nights sleep and had some food in us, we got our grind on.

WHY? THEY DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU!

That second paragraph is so incredible. Great ep. Loved the embarrassment part too.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Buying RMA a brand new car is pretty 676

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Also, what are some fun things to do in Dallas that are free/cheap? My friend and I are gonna be landing around 3PM Friday so we have a lot of free time but not much money to do stuff except buy all the uyd merch

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The Dallas Arts district is pretty cool to check out. I think they're doing free admissions right now. There's also gonna be a huge Halloween block party in the Oaklawn if you're into that.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
gently caress man. In EP 176 at minute seventeen Seth forecasts Jon to become half man half hobo like in that video

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm poking around in this subforum looking for new podcasts.. see the Joe Rogan thread and after trying to listen to some go in there and see everyone is pretty much feeling the same way. So I keep looking, stumble in here and I've never heard of this before. Two guys talking about poo poo.. well that's what Joe Rogan basically was and that sucked.. oh they're not meatheads. Hrm, ok, click play on one of these convenient YouTube videos. Lets hear this much lauded Seth guy..

Holy poo poo. Sides hurting. Can't breathe.

Instant subscribe. Thanks people!

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Got to Seth's trip to the Drug Museum during my re-listen.

If I have one regret about UYD, it's that referring to joints as "Boom Nails" didn't become a permanent thing.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Tony Montana posted:

Instant subscribe. Thanks people!

Yes. Welcome. Start from the beginning and see you in a few months when you come out the other side a changed person.

Even if that means you just end up using a lot of LA slang.

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

"It's not a podcast, its UYD"

dvorak posted:

Yes. Welcome. Start from the beginning and see you in a few months when you come out the other side a changed person.

Even if that means you just end up using a lot of LA slang.
Also wicked. I'm ashamed how much that's creeped into my vocabulary.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I've started at the start. I'm in 2006 right now, time travel bitches. I am laughing my rear end off, I'm not American but obviously if I've been around here since 2005 and live in an English speaking country then most of the stuff I can get. I just instantly click with these dudes, we're on the same page straight away and from there it's all laughs. I'm not eye-rolling like with Rogan at all, Seth is making me poo poo myself.

A lot of podcasts come and go from my player, but reckon I've got a keeper here. I'm listening to the oldest, least slick stuff too, I'm guessing.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tony Montana posted:

Yeah, I've started at the start. I'm in 2006 right now, time travel bitches. I am laughing my rear end off, I'm not American but obviously if I've been around here since 2005 and live in an English speaking country then most of the stuff I can get. I just instantly click with these dudes, we're on the same page straight away and from there it's all laughs. I'm not eye-rolling like with Rogan at all, Seth is making me poo poo myself.

A lot of podcasts come and go from my player, but reckon I've got a keeper here. I'm listening to the oldest, least slick stuff too, I'm guessing.

Except for maybe the first couple episodes before they get better mics, the quality of the podcast is consistent throughout the entire run. It's actually to the point where if I don't remind myself when the episode was recorded, it could have been yesterday or it could have been 6 years ago. I love when I hear them make reference to something as it's starting out in 2008, like hoarders, and then hearing a new episode and hear them talking about how it was cancelled. Sometimes they even make amazing predictions...sometimes they're totally off, like with breaking bad, but man is it fun to hear.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I avoided the early ones a lot and only listened to the like 200-ish eps.

I didn't have to do that, because they are solid and spot on from the first ep. Really, the only thing about the early ones are that they nag a lot about myspace and podcastalley etc.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Yeah, but now because both of those things are not even slightly relevant, listening to them all in 2012 made it especially funny. They started the show before people other than just students were up on facebook, which is crazy to think about.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Except for maybe the first couple episodes before they get better mics, the quality of the podcast is consistent throughout the entire run. It's actually to the point where if I don't remind myself when the episode was recorded, it could have been yesterday or it could have been 6 years ago. I love when I hear them make reference to something as it's starting out in 2008, like hoarders, and then hearing a new episode and hear them talking about how it was cancelled. Sometimes they even make amazing predictions...sometimes they're totally off, like with breaking bad, but man is it fun to hear.

Yeah, I just listened to the first three eps on the trot and they're fine. The mics are fine, I'm sure they get better but it's not so bad that you can't listen.

I've found a new favorite thing. Cheers SA (again).

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

I think biggest contrast between the first 50 or so eps and now is that Jonathan doesn't think 10% of black people have Down's Syndrome.

If you stumble upon that show, find a place to sit down-- it's a doozie

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

dvorak posted:

Yeah, but now because both of those things are not even slightly relevant, listening to them all in 2012 made it especially funny. They started the show before people other than just students were up on facebook, which is crazy to think about.

I think both of them were already on the outs when the show started. I think they intentionally talked about podcast alley for years after it was practically dead

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Marvin_Gardens posted:

I think biggest contrast between the first 50 or so eps and now is that Jonathan doesn't think 10% of black people have Down's Syndrome.

If you stumble upon that show, find a place to sit down-- it's a doozie

The retraction (if you can call it that) was glorious.

"You said, 'Jonathan, those are terrible odds,' and I said, 'I know. It's really sad.'"

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

roach cum puddle posted:

Also, what are some fun things to do in Dallas that are free/cheap? My friend and I are gonna be landing around 3PM Friday so we have a lot of free time but not much money to do stuff except buy all the uyd merch

What part of D are you staying in/what are your interests? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to broadcast to the world.

Man. During the Croc embarrass story I laughed so hard I started choking and my boss stopped to ask if I was okay. I haven't laughed that hard at a bit in a long rear end time.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Whats the episodes where they talk about this 15 year old kid pretends to be a cop, arrests some guy, and then goes on another caper where he gets in a car chase with the cop? Also is there a story I can read about this?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

WYA posted:

Whats the episodes where they talk about this 15 year old kid pretends to be a cop, arrests some guy, and then goes on another caper where he gets in a car chase with the cop? Also is there a story I can read about this?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/25/notorious-kid-cop-again-charged-with-impersonating-police-officer/

just google "Kid Cop Chicago"

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
Does anyone remember what ep it is where Seth says he took two oxycontin pills and fell asleep during the first Lord of the Rings movie?

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

SCARYJEINFELD posted:

Does anyone remember what ep it is where Seth says he took two oxycontin pills and fell asleep during the first Lord of the Rings movie?

uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/episode_351/

Ep 351, 22:18 in

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Lil Jon Galt posted:

uhhyeahdude.com/index.php/wiki/episode_351/

Ep 351, 22:18 in

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

What part of D are you staying in/what are your interests? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to broadcast to the world.

We're staying only a couple miles from the theater. We have a rental car and I'm sober so we can go somewhat anywhere, then again I have no idea how big Dallas is.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Its pretty huge! The theater is actually decently south of a lot of heart of Dallas, so to speak, but there's still tons of cool stuff in the area. I'll whip up some ideas later tonight.

Rental car, are you flying in???

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Its pretty huge! The theater is actually decently south of a lot of heart of Dallas, so to speak, but there's still tons of cool stuff in the area. I'll whip up some ideas later tonight.

Rental car, are you flying in???

Awesome thanks. And yeah, we're flying from Minnesota.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Getting caught up on recent episodes this week. I lost it when Seth was talking about Gay Day at Disney, and mentioned a bunch of bears "all hepped up on poppers".

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

Okay, I included a picture with some highlights. (http://i.imgur.com/FYfkbgE.jpg excuse lovely mspaint) It's not exact, but you can look at a map and see for yourself, this is just to give you a general idea. See that little almost rectangle of orange where it says "Dallas"? That's our downtown area. There are tons of things to do there, especially on a Friday afternoon!

Dallas Symphony Center
Opera House
Sixth Floor Museum/Dealey Plaza
Dallas World Aquarium
Perot Museum of Nature and Science (only about a year old, super new and awesome)
Klyde Warren Park (a gigantic park that's built over a freeway)
Dallas Museum of Art (free!)

The train station (Tyler/Vernon) is the closest to Texas Theater, or at least the easiest to get to. It's about 1.5 miles from the theater so I'm not sure where that is in relation to where you'll be staying but all of the above you can get to via train. Both the red and blue line go there.

The Bishop Arts District is also a very cool part of town that has a lot of shops, bars, restaurants, art galleries and lots of things to walk around and see (window shopping, free!)

Friday Night would be a good time to hit up Bishop Arts and then Saturday you could spend having lunch at Klyde Warren Park followed by hitting up the Art Museum. The Dallas Zoo is also on the red line (it's south east of downtown) and is fairly affordable, but nothing special.

There's so much to do in Dallas so if you have any specific questions (types of food you like, entertainment preferences, etc) you can pm me or if you dont have plat my email address is in my profile.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Thank you!! This is really helpful for both me and other people going to the show. If I have any questions I'll definitely PM you.

It still hasn't hit me that the show is next weekend. Like, at all.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Man, I could really use a new Ohh Cool Man right now.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Downright Talking with Schneer and Letern

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
You guys talkin bout No Duh Bro? Love that show.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Ohh Yeah Dawg

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Not sure what to think about Oy Vey Goy doing a live show on a Saturday

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Episode 7 or 8. This has shot to the top of my players as the 'go to' podcast. Sometimes I get a little pissy when Seth says something massively 'hurr merica' with a classic 'we're the best right, why would go anywhere else?' kinda comment that is often a staple in American comedy. But, you later realize he could have been saying that totally ironically, even if he wasn't he's still got a reasonably worldly view about most things.

Just their logic, how they see the world and situations completely strikes a chord with me. Again, not being American sometimes it'll be 5 mins of 'omg, you saw XXXX.. whoa.. how about a movie with XXXX and XXXX.. what if they were gay, haha!' which if you're not a constant consumer of popular American culture you're oblivious to who their talking about (not wondering, because I don't really want to know). Again, though, that's only short bursts and it's back to the hilarity, relaxed insight and questioning of bullshit and just the feeling of hanging out with a couple of guys that you could really be friends with.

Seth just consistently makes me laugh and Jonathan (Janathan? what the gently caress?) when he's had his coffee or whatever is a funny guy too. Did a shitload of drugs, didn't he? Already getting the vibe that as soon as the conversation goes that way or talking about being hosed up, he's right up in that establishing that yep, he really did smoke a ton of years away. I did too dude, it's fine :) Glad you're on the other side now.

Top Podcast. A++++ Would Subscribe Again

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ha Tony it's cute seeing getting into it so hard. I was exactly the same a few months back. You get to a certain age where discovering new things you really like becomes pretty rare.

I've been listening to the latest episodes and the back episodes at the same time and I'm still not up to date (I think I'm in around 2011).

Jippa fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 24, 2013

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Tony Montana posted:

which if you're not a constant consumer of popular American culture you're oblivious to who their talking about
It's America through the eyes of two American American's so you might not even be allowed to listen, being from some other country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I can hear Seth's voice 'so why don't just listen to your own loving country's comedy podcast then? Oh, you don't want to because it sucks? That's right. We're going to talk about some c-grade TV for a while now and I don't care if you get the jokes or not. loving people.'