Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Good to know that after a shaky start The McDermott Method is bearing fruit. The Season Starts Here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

we're loving sick

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Former beloved Venky's skipper Steve Kean is now managing Singaporean side Brunei DPMM, according to the club's website.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

i think steve kean had a bad rap and wasnt nearly as bad as everyone said, Blackburn were a loving shite side with moron owners and would be doing poo poo even if they had Jose mourihno in charge

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Mowbray's parted company with Middlesbrough

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

cadfael posted:

Mowbray's parted company with Middlesbrough

You could say that Mowbray has walked.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wonder who will replace Mowbray in the biggest job in Yorkshire football?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It'll be ferguson IMO.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Billy Sharp took part in a shirt signing today in Reading. He's on loan until Jan and three weeks into his Reading career has so far come off the bench once for 13 minutes and is injured until further notice.

People spent real money on buying football shirts with his name and number printed on the back and then queued to have him sign those shirts.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder who will replace Mowbray in the biggest job in Yorkshire football?

Good riddance he should have gone at the end of last season but Gibson has a bad habit of hanging on to managers too long.

Bookies Odds. VV

Tony Pulis 2/1, Nigel Clough 8/1, Karl Robinson 14/1, Alex McLeish 14/1, Martin O'Neill 14/1,
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 16/1, Stuart Pearce 16/1, Gareth Southgate 16/1
Roberto Di Matteo 16/1, Paolo Di Canio 20/1, Nick Barmby 20/1, Gary Megson 25/1
Roy Keane 25/1, Phil Parkinson 25/1, Neil Warnock 25/1, Alan Curbishley 33/1
Peter Reid 33/1, Graeme Souness 33/1, Steve Cotterill 50/1, Juninho 50/1

Some interesting names there (and Gareth Southgate :psyduck:)

Gary Neville has apparently been speculatively linked as well.

Personally I would be happy with Clough or Neville delighted with O'Niell or Di Matteo and utterly disgusted with Di Canio.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'd like to see how Karl Robinson would get on at a proper club, he gets MK Dons playing some nice stuff and they don't deserve that

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Please let it be Martin O'Neill.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'd be happy with Nigel Clough and delighted with Di Matteo (but let's face it, that's not happening.)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

irlZaphod posted:

Please let it be Martin O'Neill.

Why do you feel this way?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'd be happy with Nigel Clough and delighted with Di Matteo (but let's face it, that's not happening.)

Gibson might surprise us. He's done it before.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

Gibson might surprise us. He's done it before.

When he appointed Southgate, you mean?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dell_Zincht posted:

When he appointed Southgate, you mean?

When he showed me his todger in middlesbrough bus station.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Pissflaps posted:

When he showed me his todger in middlesbrough bus station.

Lies! there is no reason for Gibson to be in Middlesbrough bus station. In fact there is no reason for anyone to be in Middlesbrough bus station...

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Warnock and Pulis co managing for me

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what about alan shearer for middlesborough manager

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
El Tel is coming back.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Northern Echo reporter Scott Wilson

@Scottwilsonecho posted:

So who next for #Boro then? From what I'd heard prior to tonight's events, I'd be surprised if it was Pulis despite what the bookies think.

I hope to gently caress he's right on that one. Although he does go on to say...

@Scottwilsonecho posted:

Juninho currently working with Doriva at Ituana. Gibson not averse to a gamble - how would the return of the pair of them go down? #Boro

Gibson's gambles usually go something like... 'appointing the team captain who has no coaching experience and lacks the qualifications to legitimately manage in the top flight as the new manager', and 'selling the club captain and lynchpin to fund a move for a top lad from the dutch league', both of which contributed to us getting relegated.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 21, 2013

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Apparently that crazy character Ian Holloway might be looking for work again very soon, could be a good shout for the job in this ghost's opinion.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
What's Neil Warnock up to atm

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
We need a top, top manager.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

We need a top, top manager.

We do.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
A manager that can inspire.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Seems like Leeds loving trashed Birmingham.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Why do you feel this way?
Because then he wouldn't get the Ireland job.

Also because you'd be less than happy with it. :twisted:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Di Canio seems like a stick on for Boro.

It seems like a McLiesh job aswell though. I can see him getting it.

Nigel Clough is off to Sheffield Utd.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I for one can't wait to see Jozy tear up the championship as he is reunited with Di Canio

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I don't want it to be Di Canneo :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Get Holloway once he's sacked and then make sure to sack him once he's got you promoted

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

irlZaphod posted:

Also because you'd be less than happy with it. :twisted:

Would I?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Based on your previous posts regarding him, yes.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

irlZaphod posted:

Based on your previous posts regarding him, yes.

I think you need to go back and re-read them.

I don't think he's a great manager, and I think he has relied in the past on spending too much and all the Sunderland fans posting about 'The Martin O'Neil Effect' was always laughable but I wouldn't be devastated if he came to Boro. It's not like we've got any money for him to waste.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

I think you need to go back and re-read them.

I don't think he's a great manager, and I think he has relied in the past on spending too much and all the Sunderland fans posting about 'The Martin O'Neil Effect' was always laughable but I wouldn't be devastated if he came to Boro. It's not like we've got any money for him to waste.
True, your previous criticism was heavily based on his transfer dealings. He presumably won't be doing as much at Boro. He still didn't seem to deal well with pressure at Sunderland, though, and when the team weren't playing well he couldn't motivate them to improve (although that mostly continued under DiCanio, and Poyet so far). There presumably won't be a huge amount of pressure, unless you start slipping down the table a bit more.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The pressure would be a lot less for him I think - all he'd have to do for this season is keep us up.

He's known Gibson for years - he was a whisker away from being appointed manager when Southgate was given the job. I could see it happening.

But then again, I can see it not happening. Who knows. I'm not placing any bets on it.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Odds are really short for Pulis. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Reading played Bournemouth in a behind closed doors friendly today, with Reading fielding ten first and second year academy players and four first team players.

Finished 2-2 with Brett Pitman scoring both Bournemouth goals. Amongst the ten U18 players were Aaron Kuhl and Niall Keown, both sons of their respective Martins and both 17. How old do you feel right now?

• Locked thread