Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh there's still definitely gonna be some sort of final fight between Naruto and Sasuke. Whether it will be a super-serious nation threatening fight or a simple bro fight is anyone's guess, but they'll definitely reaffirm their friendship through beating each other up by the end of this manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For one thing, Sasuke wants to kill all the Tailed Beasts and Naruto has an obvious problem with that, so there's room for a fight to still happen.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Getting rid of the nukes is the smart thing to do.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

razamataza posted:

Getting rid of the nukes is the smart thing to do.

I'll have you know that my best friend is a nuke. Also he lives inside of me. And sometimes he does things without my consent.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
You can't kill them, anyway. They just reform a few years down the line, angrier than they were before.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Schubalts posted:

You can't kill them, anyway. They just reform a few years down the line, angrier than they were before.

You can if you destroy all chakra in the world, and then the epilogue chapter is surprise it was the far distant past of our Earth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dipple posted:

You can if you destroy all chakra in the world, and then the epilogue chapter is surprise it was the far distant past of our Earth.

So basically it's the ending of Asura's Wrath?

GoldenSeraph
Mar 8, 2006
reincarnation time!
The only reason why I am still following this big pile of wut is because I have followed it for so long. I need that closure.

But now it is like having that awesome cool grandpa, and as you mature you see him degrade into this crazy senile poo poo show and as much as you want to hold on to every last cool memory you have of him, you just want it to stop soon because he keeps babbling incoherently and making GBS threads the bed.

Like seriously, WTF Kishimoto

Just glad I still have One Piece :)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is there a place to discuss the Storm games? Because Storm 3 just got a patch for the first time since... ever.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there a place to discuss the Storm games? Because Storm 3 just got a patch for the first time since... ever.

I think the expansion's coming out next week. I think it adds like one character and has a fight with Itachi and Sasuke vs. Kabuto. It also changes cutscenes a bit graphically.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Naruto and Bee are immune to any genjutsu by virtue of their tailed beasts. So even if Tsuki no me is successful, two of the most powerful shinobi won't be affected. I wonder how Obito and Madara will handle that.

It's seemed pretty obvious for a while now that 1-9 tailed beasts vs. ten-tailed beast is how it's ultimately going to go down, which makes the endless chapters of whole armies of ninjas standing about and alternately lamenting their fate/psyching themselves up all the more tedious.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's seemed pretty obvious for a while now that 1-9 tailed beasts vs. ten-tailed beast is how it's ultimately going to go down, which makes the endless chapters of whole armies of ninjas standing about and alternately lamenting their fate/psyching themselves up all the more tedious.

Where are the other tailed beasts going to come from?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I assume they'll come out of Obito when he kicks the bucket, as he merged with the thing that absorbed them. I could be wrong, but the alternative is that they are 100% dead, which seems unlikely.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The manga is supposed to end with Naruto becoming Hokage (apparently). So, I'm thinking there's a lot more storyline to be had after they finish booting Obito and Madara around, what with Sasuke's sudden "I wanna be Hokage too!" 180-degree turn and Tsunade not being dead.
Plus, there's Naruto still being a genin and all, which probably means he's not qualified to run a village or something (I think Konahamaru may outrank him now). You think someone would have just automatically promoted him to jounin, seeing how he's strong enough to boot most Kages around.
We all know there's going to be that big Naruto vs. Sasuke fight, where hopefully Naruto will bitch-slap the bitch out of Sasuke.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Where are the other tailed beasts going to come from?

I assume that somehow the fistbump Naruto had with all of the beasts and their Jinchirukii will come into play.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Say Nothing posted:

The manga is supposed to end with Naruto becoming Hokage (apparently). So, I'm thinking there's a lot more storyline to be had after they finish booting Obito and Madara around, what with Sasuke's sudden "I wanna be Hokage too!" 180-degree turn and Tsunade not being dead.
Plus, there's Naruto still being a genin and all, which probably means he's not qualified to run a village or something (I think Konahamaru may outrank him now). You think someone would have just automatically promoted him to jounin, seeing how he's strong enough to boot most Kages around.
We all know there's going to be that big Naruto vs. Sasuke fight, where hopefully Naruto will bitch-slap the bitch out of Sasuke.

There's no need for Tsunade to die for Naruto to become Hokage, the 3rd retired and then unretired for the 4th. It's also been established that there is no previous rank requirement to become Hokage, Naruto vowed to do it as a genin during the written part of the chunin exam.

At this point I hope Sasuke and Naruto settle it via a game of Go officiated by Shikimaru. I really don't give a poo poo about them fighting. What, is it going to be better than the 1st vs Madara?

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Gyges posted:

There's no need for Tsunade to die for Naruto to become Hokage, the 3rd retired and then unretired for the 4th. It's also been established that there is no previous rank requirement to become Hokage, Naruto vowed to do it as a genin during the written part of the chunin exam.

At this point I hope Sasuke and Naruto settle it via a game of Go officiated by Shikimaru. I really don't give a poo poo about them fighting. What, is it going to be better than the 1st vs Madara?

Yep. Naruto is already Hokage in all but name at this point. Everyone is deferring to his leadership and not Tsunade's including the other kages.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
I'm kind of surprised no one made a Tengen Toppa Naruto joke after that last chapter. If there's still more Naruto to go, I sure hope this arc gets wrapped up soon at the very least.

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

The series should just end with Naruto being worldkage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Uzamaki Naruto, mighty Hokage of Earth.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endorph posted:

Uzamaki Naruto, mighty Hokage of Earth.

So we are going to different planets next?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The rate this fight is going, we're already on Namek.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
It's clearly not over yet because neither rock lee nor guy has opened all the gates.

I've been reading this poo poo for at least 10 years now, this is absurd.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
It got lost in the waves of ninja eugenics. We're only going to see it in springtime of youth.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

quote:

It's clearly not over yet because neither rock lee nor guy has opened all the gates.

I can't remember a time when people weren't dutifully bringing this up every week, how Lee and Gai will open all the gates and go on this ultimate rampage any chapter, aaaaany chapter now... This 8 gates thing is like the year of the Linux desktop.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've been keeping up with this every week, but I'm only reading it out of force of habit rather than any massive interest. The real issue with this manga for me is that there's basically no sense of crisis for the protagonists. Obito has been getting more and more powerful, but there's been no tension at all because Naruto always has another trick up his sleeve and the protagonist's team has only really lost Neji in the entirety of the world war.
It's always been apparent that the good guys are going to end up winning, but there's never been a moment where that feels like they're on the verge of losing, just moments where you think "Naruto's going to magic up a victory in a second". It just feels flat and that it's going through the motions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Everyone should have been using their final power ups and dying because we know Obito can resurrect everyone so why not. It would be less boring than this

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Endorph posted:

The rate this fight is going, we're already on Namek.

I don't know about that...Naruto hasn't resenganed the moon yet. It really seems like this would solve all their problems.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Rasengan-ing the moon is a bad idea:

Possible Attack on Titan manga spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/er0rMqr.png

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Telling us what the spoiler is for in the spoiler text kinda defeats the point.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

New Chapter is out!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Naruto 652

And just when the chapter was taking a decent turn, it all comes crashing down in the end.

E: godfuckingdammit :argh: ^^^

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 23, 2013

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
We should have gotten this chapter like a month ago, but stuff finally happened so I can't really complain.

And I find it hilarious the final confrontation with Obito is going to happen in the white space that's usually used to represent Naruto's current level of friendship.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Jesus, Naruto's glare on the last page seems pretty intense for what I assume is "I'm going to try to save you" message.

Graviija fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 23, 2013

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy cow, I don't think this could possibly be going slower.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

VJeff posted:

Holy cow, I don't think this could possibly be going slower.

We're still not quite at Hajime no Ippo levels of time dilation.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That chapter was really good. Stuff finally happened and Naruto is about to use friendship-no-jutsu on Obito. It will be over soon. (The fight with Obito, there is still Madara and Sasuke to deal with.)

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
I can't understand most of what happened.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Decent chapter, except the tug-of-war 'heave-ho' translation was totally ridiculous. I shouldn't laugh at such a dumb joke during the epic conclusion to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Obito: Stop! Don't come inside me!
That's what she said. :smug:

• Locked thread