Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009
Wasn't sure where to put this, but apparently my friends truck got hungry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathreaper
Mar 27, 2010
From the FT86 forums I present to you the tribal FRS:

He had also painted FRS in red on the fuse box cover but seems to have removed it now.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

RapeWhistle posted:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but apparently my friends truck got hungry.

Are those chicken bones?

I bought this '90 Talon AWD back in 2001 for $500, because it "wouldn't run", and the PO said that they'd replaced 2 batteries, 2 alternators, and 2 voltage regulators trying to diagnose it.
$10 (from the dealer) alternator relay later, and I was back in business.

It wasn't as peppy as I thought a 200 HP AWD turbocar should be, though. I thought it was my imagination, because I was coming from an '87 Suburban, so it seemed...fast..ish?
Then I took a weekend and went over the car stem to stern.

Once I pulled 3 blue paper shop towels, some leaves, and two Wilson-brand sweatsocks out of the intake snorkel, it went like a scalded cat.

:iiam:

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 22, 2013

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

CommieGIR posted:

This....is pretty cool. Its fairly clean, looks professional, its gimmicky sure, but its not terrible.

Till you lean on the roof mounted exhaust pipe and burn off your skin.

It's ok, it's wrapped

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Cruseydr posted:

PYF horrible workplace accident?

IIRC, the operator never got out and drowned :(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Deathreaper posted:

From the FT86 forums I present to you the tribal FRS:

He had also painted FRS in red on the fuse box cover but seems to have removed it now.

I've seen this before, and I'm praying to Jesus that it's because of this thread and not my own web surfing habits. My cat literally just daintily pressed the "Esc" key as we looked at this (ALT-F4 is a little too advanced for her, but it's the thought that counts.)

You know what they say, though; if it floats this guy's boat, etc. The engine bay looks like it's probably not TOO terrible, barring the giant SCION on the underside of the hood. The fact that it's a Scion isn't what makes people give a poo poo about this car, buddy.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Oct 22, 2013

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

In fact the lettering on the underside of the hood looks more like "SOON" to me than "SCION".

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I'm pretty sure this belongs here. Shot this today in Detroit on Livernois by UD Mercy. Sorry for the bad quality, but I was shooting from across lanes at the light and had to use the digital zoom.

Why yes, yes that is a Windstar converted into a ute. It was a great creamsicle color, and the fit and finish was really great, but it's still a Windstar ute so I reckon it belongs here.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

Not pictured - Rimz.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Not much to say about this 300, but I will tell you that if you're looking at something and you're not sure if it's chrome...

It's definitely chrome.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
I think the worst part about stick on letters is that they're always way bigger than the rest of the lettering on the car. Unless they actually do make them different sizes and this guy just wanted to emphasize just how under the weather his car was.

RapeWhistle
May 26, 2009

Kenny Rogers posted:

Are those chicken bones?

He wasn't sure. He said it was some kind of bird bones. It's really weird that it's just two bones and not a whole carcass.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

General Wiggles posted:

Not pictured - Rimz.

Haha mom's gonna be pissed when she sees what junior did to the Camry

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

SierraEchoBravo posted:

I think the worst part about stick on letters is that they're always way bigger than the rest of the lettering on the car. Unless they actually do make them different sizes and this guy just wanted to emphasize just how under the weather his car was.

I might have let it slide if it was IL(LE)ST. :colbert:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

JP Money posted:

I just realized that's a fiero and not an old corvette. That makes it infinitely funnier. I thought it was just some dude with a corvette trying to mimic the old stingray sidepipes.

Rule number one; it is *always* a Fiero.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Rule number one; it is *always* a Fiero.

The great thing is now that Fieros are becoming endangered, people are using Boxsters instead.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Usually I hate memes but this one made me chuckle.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Preoptopus posted:

...why didn't he just park?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

CommieGIR posted:

He's the kind of person who drives around a lifted truck so that should be self-explanatory.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
It makes me so happy when I see a rail thin short guy hop out of a truck like that. It's like it confirms all my preconceived notions at once. I personally like when diesels pull through a drive-through and have to turn off their engine to even hear the employees.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm always amused when lovely bro-truck compensationmobiles have a dude like that in them.

Or a roid raging guy covered in ill-considered tribal tattoos, but I try not to laugh at them quite as obviously.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

CommieGIR posted:

He did.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Kenny Rogers posted:

Once I pulled 3 blue paper shop towels, some leaves, and two Wilson-brand sweatsocks out of the intake snorkel, it went like a scalded cat.

:iiam:

I'm thinking practical joke.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Nothing to see here...move along :ohdear:

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Preoptopus posted:

Just makes me think about this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7p3vMUlgE

(ignore the crappy meme laden video, its the only copy of the song I can find on YT)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

It's all about the entrance, bro.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

JP Money posted:

It makes me so happy when I see a rail thin short guy hop out of a truck like that. It's like it confirms all my preconceived notions at once. I personally like when diesels pull through a drive-through and have to turn off their engine to even hear the employees.

I always had to switch off the engine with my rotaries too :(

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012
Of course you have to turn off a rotary engine in traffic. If you don't, you end up low on gas AND oil by the time you get going again. :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fo3 posted:

I always had to switch off the engine with my rotaries too :(

I have to do this with my TDI...

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

I have to do this with my TDI...

Why?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

The smoke tune keeps getting him banned from area McDonalds.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Aggressive tune and large injectors, plus straightpipe with muffler.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It sounds like a tractor and makes Commie embarrassed in front of the cute cashier.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

I can't imagine this is a safe thing to do.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Throwing away a Rav 4 is always the safe thing to do.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Chinatown posted:

Throwing away a Rav 4 is always the safe thing to do.

I've always had a lot of fun thrashing the poo poo out of rav4's. Goon, I Know the Answer to That, owns one and it has taken an obscene amount of punishment. Plus when I was helping his dad change his fuel filter on his Rav4 (it doesn't have one that needs to be changed for like a million miles) I found it has a secondary gear stick in the engine bay coming directly off the gear box.

That said the paint is shot on both Rav's.

tobu fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 23, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A highschool friend used to launch his ~2000 Rav 4 off of every type of ramp/railway crossing/weird elevation change he could find. That car was a total piece but it had a 15 inch subwoofer installed so :hellyeah:.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

First generation ravs are one of those cars where the engine and drivetrain will still be going when the rest of the car has been melted away when the sun expands to a red giant several billion years from now.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Landerig posted:

I can't imagine this is a safe thing to do.

Amazingly enough, it's not the first time someone thought this was a good idea:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Root Bear posted:

Amazingly enough, it's not the first time someone thought this was a good idea:

What's on the wheels in the 2nd pic? Boots or chocks, or hopefully it's being towed.