Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cka
May 3, 2004

Iriquois posted:

So is literally everyone doing the car glitch now? At first I refused to do it on principle, but after Rockstar decided to halve rewards I feel more justified. Has anyone genuinely been banned/cash removed/etc for it? Anyone got a link to a walkthrough for the current glitch?

I'm not, but it's not out of fear of a ban or any morality bullshit. I just don't care about the game enough any more to do it after all the prize slashing and fixing things that weren't broken while leaving legitimately broken things still broken. I still like to hop on there and have fun with the crew but any sort of time investment like those money glitches just doesn't feel worth it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

bow chicka wow wow posted:

The car glitch is actually really interesting against the backdrop of the moral code of a murder simulator. The bad sport system and the fact that there is basically no in-game benefit to killing the white dots in freeroam, too - I just can't shake the feeling that what they want GTAO to be is so different from what both us and "the pubbies" want/expect.

loving wrong. There is a tattoo you unlock :colbert:

Also, murdering pubbies forever is hilarious, please drop your goon card with the doorman as you :getout:

vvvv yessssss :unsmigghh:

Chard fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 22, 2013

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

MrLonghair posted:

I also cannot seem to shake the feeling that those of us who hunt down and kill white dots for fun in lobbies are a dying breed of gamers. Ones who do not need a carrot and a pat on the back and a steak and a blowjob to go out and do something in a game. Who doesn't enjoy taking helicopters up high places, sniping with suppressed rifles and listening to the voice comms from those players? Or sending bullets wizzing past their heads, popping their tires from afar and hearing them panic?

This guy right here? He gets it.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Rapdawg posted:

I'm not doing it mostly out of ban fears and because I want my money to be hard earned by spending twenty bucks of real life money, getting a Rockstar stimulus package, having it given by a fellow Goon, or by finding a new and fun grinding method.

Are you on the XBOX? If so you should request an invitation to The Gold Aristocracy as we would love to back, support, and host such a tournament.

We (BIG DIGGER NICK) are planning on officially hosting, but I see from looking at your page you already have a foursome, ready to go.

We can make this a joint effort, I need help digitizing a decent bracket, for the forums.

we also could consider a thread just for the tourney (upon mod approval).

But we were currently thinking teams of 2 just to make it bigger! (also that way people competing in a bracket could play the games together so there is no "do-overs for score" or any sort of shady shennanigans at all. Everyone witnesses the scores.

Also, I dont know what to do for some sort of prize other than bragging rights.

Edit: Brostar - LOL BLIZZARD :argh:

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 22, 2013

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Air Julio posted:

So I just invited a psn friend and a crew member into a game and was able to swap bounties on them to transfer money. It's boring, but I have so much cash I might as well spread the wealth :shobon:

Now just gotta figure out how to do it with 2 friends without too much bullshit.

Can I be your friend?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Slayer1597 posted:

How many people would be interested / make teams if we held a double elimination golf tourney?

I am the best golfer in the world, and I accept your challenge to beat the poo poo out of all comers.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Air Julio posted:

So I just invited a psn friend and a crew member into a game and was able to swap bounties on them to transfer money. It's boring, but I have so much cash I might as well spread the wealth :shobon:

Now just gotta figure out how to do it with 2 friends without too much bullshit.

This does not help me as you are on the PS3. Transfer your money to XBL pls thx

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

For the whole 'to exploit or not to exploit' debate:

My two cents is that I initially didn't want to have unlimited money, not because of morals, but because I recognized that a lot of the fun for me in this game is the whole progression aspect of it all. I actually like doing missions and races to save up for that car I want, or that silencer, or whatever. I have a feeling once I have the money to just buy anything I want, I'd just mess around killing pubbies for a couple hours before just getting bored, it's not like I'm short of games to kill pubbies in. Don't get me wrong, I love just messing around in freeroam and just having fun (although my idea of fun is usually more like ramping a firetruck into a train car or something), but I still like having the structured progression to keep me from being burned out on it all.

That being said, with Rockstar's recent attitude of nerfing any viable way to make money, I feel that I should actually be exploiting on principle. But I still feel this would ruin the game for me so I'm apprehensive to do it.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 22, 2013

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the goon opinion on the Baller SUV? Thinking of buying one.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

What's the goon opinion on the Baller SUV? Thinking of buying one.

Save your money and just steal one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
They're incredibly common and are one of the best things to sell at LSC because they go for a high price and spawn routinely. No sense buying it, just jack one (or three) off the street and shove them into your garage. I am rarely without at least one in my garage awaiting the LSC sale cooldown when I'm in freeroam.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Oh, fair enough. I didn't want one until now so I guess I never really noticed them driving around.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Couldn't R* just ban/wipe any mega-rich player whose earnings are predominantly from car sales? It'd be kind of like MLB's drug policy. They might not be able to catch the player red-handed, but they can bring down the hammer based on secondary evidence that reeks of cheating.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Oh, fair enough. I didn't want one until now so I guess I never really noticed them driving around.

They just happen to be one of the purchasable cars you can also steal, so spending money on one is pretty senseless. They are also common as pigeons.

To answer your original question, the Merc G-Wagon the Baller is based off of is one of my personal favourites so in terms of looks I love it. It apparently performs pretty well off-road too.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MrLonghair posted:

I also cannot seem to shake the feeling that those of us who hunt down and kill white dots for fun in lobbies are a dying breed of gamers. Ones who do not need a carrot and a pat on the back and a steak and a blowjob to go out and do something in a game. Who doesn't enjoy taking helicopters up high places, sniping with suppressed rifles and listening to the voice comms from those players? Or sending bullets wizzing past their heads, popping their tires from afar and hearing them panic?

You're holding it wrong.

This is all I really like to do. It's a shame people only drop $100 but I the giggling that takes me over as I slam my car into someone just as they respawn to nab that second kill on them is worth more than any video game funbux.

R* help you if I catch you out in the desert. People spawn close with nothing in between us; it's a assault rifle autoaim and sniping bonanza.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Hakarne posted:

I'm not sure how it compares to other bikes, but the LCC Hexer is amazing. That thing can turn on a dime without spinning out and you can literally never stop accelerating since it handles so well going around corners. Its great for abusing the poo poo out of the hand break to outmaneuver anyone. As a bonus it still handles amazingly well off-road too.

It also looks badass.

That is Lava and Chrome and I think it looks amazing. :sun:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Anyone know a good area or a mission that has a blista compact? It needs to be in my garage.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Moridin920 posted:

This is all I really like to do. It's a shame people only drop $100 but I the giggling that takes me over as I slam my car into someone just as they respawn to nab that second kill on them is worth more than any video game funbux.

R* help you if I catch you out in the desert. People spawn close with nothing in between us; it's a assault rifle autoaim and sniping bonanza.

I play survival just to get loaded up on weapons for white dot hunting. It's all I do in game.

I had a player in a helicopter randomly buzz me thinking he was safe. Then I pulled out the minigun...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Athanatos posted:

Anyone know a good area or a mission that has a blista compact? It needs to be in my garage.

I jacked one ~5 blocks west and a little south of the lawyer's spawn on Out of Court Settlement. So somewhere in there maybe.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Racing is fun, co-op missions are fun, even parachuting is fun. I do those things to kill a bit of time level up and earn cash. That cash is spent on armor, bullets and guns for use in the real game, white (& sometimes red :getin:) dot hunting in free roam.

All the most memorable moments have been loving around with other goons, laying traps or just ruining pubbies. Flying around the buzzard with a competent missile gunner (lookin at you cikys) is one of the best things you can do, second only to pissing off an NPC to the tune of $9000 and just taking on everyone who comes to get you by the docks/airport.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

omgcarcrash I'm so sorry, I was reading a thread as I was pulling out and then I saw you and panicked and you had a bounty so I didn't see you were a goon and... and... :negative:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hey dudes, it's your friendly neighborhood leader of Goon Street here. I'm about halfway through checking all the members of Goon Street to see fi if they are actually playing or not. I've put my progress into a spreadsheet. I'll be double checking everything as I know you can make a new character, not play it and it looks like you've never played, but you'll still have money in the bank from your other character. I'll make every effort to not falsely kick someone out. As it stands right now there are 9 people who have never played online who I will remove on Saturday. 31 people are less than level 10. 24 people aren't even repping the crew. 3 people have private profiles. If more people want to join, I'll start going through the second and third category to find people who aren't playing to make room.

Goon Street Shitlist.

If you're on this list in the first two columns, play the game. Seriously, it takes a couple hours at the most to get to level 10 and you don't have to worry about getting kicked out. All the names are social club names, not gamertags.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

beanieson posted:

All the most memorable moments have been loving around with other goons, laying traps or just ruining pubbies. Flying around the buzzard with a competent missile gunner (lookin at you cikys) is one of the best things you can do, second only to pissing off an NPC to the tune of $9000 and just taking on everyone who comes to get you by the docks/airport.

:hfive:

I'm so close to bad sport hell thanks to overzealous buzzarding. It's not my fault, they don't swerve or anything, they're just asking for a rocket up the exhaust :(

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups
Refering back to the great debate occuring. The funny thing is that Cockstar is making is so hard to play legitimately. They don't support the folks like myself that have lost more than 4 million dollars from the garage bug, they halved the mission rewards, their support staff is filled with hookers.

I'm glad that there are a lot of folks out there with the balls to gently caress with their game. I'm not one of them, but I am glad you guys are keeping those bastards awake 24/7.

/just lost another 200k from a network drop while upgrading a car. Just getting so tired of this.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Since missions are mostly boring, I pass time by loving with pubbies. Some fun ones: parking a bunch of cars in front of LSC so cars can't get in and waiting in shooting/sniping distance. Make sure you have a car with a backfire exhaust in the lot. When you kill the guy, douse his car in gas and backfire on it--penalty free griefing.

Another is getting a big suv and put it right in the doorway in the middle so someone has to get out and move it. Rig it with an ignition bomb.

Another I just discovered is loving with the impound. Get one of your cars with a backfire exhaust locked up along with the car of some other people you wanna gently caress with. Jump in, shoot guard, and gas can the poo poo out of everything. If it is a busy server, there might be a lot of cars in there. Backfire on the trail and the explosions will destroy evyerthing if they are close enough. This would work better with a couple of crew members to really piss off everyone.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I finally got my Monroe... then this happened.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So Thursday I made a post in this thread calling a user lame for using said cash exploit.
I'm going to retract that statement based mostly on the patch that came out that Friday. Sorry goon I called lame. Had I known R* would ruin the co-op missions I would have encouraged all exploits.

I love how their patch notes don't mention these nerfs either.

Edit: Yet they mention that free-roam kills max out at 500$ dropped from the victim. There's basically no penalty for carrying cash now.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 22, 2013

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Any goons looking to do some tomfoolery, or whatever else comes up? I got no one to play with.

Xbox GT: geeko55

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Jehde posted:

For the whole 'to exploit or not to exploit' debate:

My two cents is that I initially didn't want to have unlimited money, not because of morals, but because I recognized that a lot of the fun for me in this game is the whole progression aspect of it all. I actually like doing missions and races to save up for that car I want, or that silencer, or whatever. I have a feeling once I have the money to just buy anything I want, I'd just mess around killing pubbies for a couple hours before just getting bored, it's not like I'm short of games to kill pubbies in. Don't get me wrong, I love just messing around in freeroam and just having fun (although my idea of fun is usually more like ramping a firetruck into a train car or something), but I still like having the structured progression to keep me from being burned out on it all.

That being said, with Rockstar's recent attitude of nerfing any viable way to make money, I feel that I should actually be exploiting on principle. But I still feel this would ruin the game for me so I'm apprehensive to do it.

I abused the gently caress out of it got like seven million, and still play. It's even more fun now that I can do what I want instead if grinding for cash. :kiddo:

I'd do it. It just seems like such a GTA thing to do. Counterfeiting or "manufacturing motorcycles", take your pick. :shepface:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

MacheteZombie posted:

So Thursday I made a post in this thread calling a user lame for using said cash exploit.
I'm going to retract that statement based mostly on the patch that came out that Friday. Sorry goon I called lame. Had I known R* would ruin the co-op missions I would have encouraged all exploits.

Edit: Yet they mention that free-roam kills max out at 500$ dropped from the victim. There's basically no penalty for carrying cash now.

I'm pretty sure the patch notes said they were reducing mission payouts.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So are more people playing with assisted aim rather than traditional GTA?

MacheteZombie posted:

It's likely because those adjustments are server-side.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I'd just pay for all of the cities to be added. Each one, in its own right, is amazing.

I petition for a Carcer City DLC pack where you can be the voice in someones ear piece, also there is a voice filter to make you sound like Brian Cox.

"TAKE EM OUT WEEDLORD420"

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Can someone tell me why I can't buy an apartment(Majestic something) even though I have more than enough? Known bug?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I checked when someone mentioned before that there was no mention and it's true, though there was a separate statement talking about cutting pay. I'm pretty sure it happened at the exact same time as the patch but it could have been a hot patch and not an actual patch. All they have to do is change the mission data that the game checks for every time you host a Job.

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone tell me why I can't buy an apartment(Majestic something) even though I have more than enough? Known bug?

Take your money out of the bank. Also I think it's still risky to buy anything right now? You might get a free apartment or you might get no apartment and still be charged the next time you load.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

omg chael crash posted:

Have you banked the money?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Patch 1.04 right?

R* posted:

Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

From here.

SplitSoul posted:

It's likely because those adjustments are server-side.
Can you explain to me why they wouldn't include those changes in patch notes though? Because it's not player-side game change, but instead just a modification to the home server settings? I'm not the most knowledgeable on these things and am genuinely interested in knowing more about how game patches and the sort work.

Fitz
Sep 10, 2002
King of Cheese
If anyone wants to trade race wins on the PS3 I'll be on for a while.

PSN: Quality_Wombat

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Can you explain to me why they wouldn't include those changes in patch notes though? Because it's not player-side game change, but instead just a modification to the home server settings? I'm not the most knowledgeable on these things and am genuinely interested in knowing more about how game patches and the sort work.

The game downloads each and every Job from Rockstar servers before loading, so they can simply change that data anytime they want. Pretty sure Violent Ducts was nerfed overnight in the same way. It's not an official Patch and your system doesn't have to download anything extra from the dash.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

ijyt posted:

omgcarcrash I'm so sorry, I was reading a thread as I was pulling out and then I saw you and panicked and you had a bounty so I didn't see you were a goon and... and... :negative:

Aha, it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Robawesome posted:

The game downloads each and every Job from Rockstar servers before loading, so they can simply change that data anytime they want. Pretty sure Violent Ducts was nerfed overnight in the same way. It's not an official Patch and your system doesn't have to download anything extra from the dash.

Got it. Still kind of crappy to not include a page on the support site detailing those changes just to keep the community informed on changes. Maybe there is and I can't find it?

• Locked thread