Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Want that Metroid bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Tamashii Nations at the New York Comic Con

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

I'm getting out of Marvel Universe figures so my entire collection is up for sale. 84 figures in all, all MISB or MOSC. Only one Sentinel picture but I have two for sale. I'd love to sell it as a lot, here's the gallery.

http://imgur.com/a/IhJE6

New gallery link with sold items.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
HELL YEA, get me those Titan figmas

Anyone know what that shiny Red Frame is from Tamashii? Is that a metal build kit?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I have added very few new figures to my collection this year, but I just took some new collection photos for the first time in almost a year.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 11, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I love that Darkseid pokes out of his package, and also that you need a box of Swiffer products.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Quit hogging all the Blue Beetle figures you son-of-a-bitch.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The Rage posted:

Want that Metroid bad

Same here. I could care less about the Samus statue it comes with, but if they sold them individually or in 5 packs, I would buy an entire army.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Same here. I could care less about the Samus statue it comes with, but if they sold them individually or in 5 packs, I would buy an entire army.

Agreed

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Rhyno posted:

Quit hogging all the Blue Beetle figures you son-of-a-bitch.
I was about to post the same thing.

Jelly of all that blue and gold. :hfive:

Can't complain much since that Ted set me back a whole $1.99, though. (I also need to dust. Jesus Christ.)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I forgot about the Matty Collector sale, and missed out on Horde Troopers. Last I checked, Mantenna was almost gone - but I got one. :smug:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Now you gotta get a second for the Filmation mouth!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Now you gotta get a second for the Filmation mouth!

What? When? Where?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Red posted:

What? When? Where?

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/10/first-look-kevin-kosse-mantenna-kit

I'm on the waiting list currently. It's 8 euros.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Legitimately laughed at the WELP face for a few minutes.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Red posted:

Hahah, what the christ

I had the original Mantenna, and I had no idea he had four legs until seeing this version :stare:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, Matty are doing MOTU Extendar. Hands down my favourite guy when I was a kid.

I don't want it. I don't need it. I don't want it. I don't need it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those arms don't look like they retract, looks like you take the hands off and put the extensions in.

BULLSHIT. If the 1985 toy could do it Matty sure as hell should figure out how to make theirs do it.

And where the gently caress is my RIO BLAST?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Those arms don't look like they retract, looks like you take the hands off and put the extensions in.

BULLSHIT. If the 1985 toy could do it Matty sure as hell should figure out how to make theirs do it.

And where the gently caress is my RIO BLAST?

Slated to be released right after the Filmation Hordak.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rio Blast is sculpted, and was originally slated for this year.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Rio Blast is sculpted, and was originally slated for this year.

<:mad:> Then where is Filmation Hordak, huh?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Get one from Kevin Kosse.

They have no intention of doing Filmation Hordak, Skeletor, or He-Man.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Get one from Kevin Kosse.

They have no intention of doing Filmation Hordak, Skeletor, or He-Man.

I guess Nepthu is the cash cow they're looking for, then. :colbert:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Nepthu nation is strong my friend.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

The Nepthu nation is strong my friend.

It's not a bad figure, at all, but... random as all hell. I get that Matty probably does less market research, and relies more on the He-Man forums, but... Nepthu? The whole point of the forums is to make wishlist after wishlist, but I don't get that one. Did that really have that much demand?

Meanwhile, Lizard Man just waits.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well the Filmation Sub was supposed to be one-off Filmation dudes that people would probably not want in their yearly sub. Nepthu is probably the most obscure though. Also Strong Arm was supposed to be in the main sub and Plundor in the Filmation but they got switched last minute. Sea Hawk could have worked for either but they figured he'd sell the mini sub.

Lizard Man will probably happen next year, since they have a "thin" body now that Mantenna was made. Unless they do a second Filmation sub then easily this year.

They're gonna hit most all those itches, it's gonna be expensive and suck but they make a lot if money off this poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Red posted:

Was surprised to see a black suited Man of Steel Superman toy. Friend of mine bought it for his birthday and it looks pretty badass. Black suit, red eyes. Might grab one for myself.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Apparently Mattel has revealed plans for two new Ghostbusters two packs, with updated sculpts with removable backpacks, proton stream accessories and stands to be released in 2014.

Does the GB stuff stick around for awhile on their site? I will probably get these if they are readily available.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jace Madan posted:

Apparently Mattel has revealed plans for two new Ghostbusters two packs, with updated sculpts with removable backpacks, proton stream accessories and stands to be released in 2014.

Does the GB stuff stick around for awhile on their site? I will probably get these if they are readily available.

It comes and goes. They "sell out", and then a few months later they're back on sale again. I'm not sure how well these will sell, seeing as they're basically the same 4 beige suited figures as before, just now you can remove the packs. The reason the packs were going to be removable in the first place was for the Ecto-1 they're no longer doing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you haven't gotten any busters yet the two packs are totally worth getting, otherwise ... why bother?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New acquisition today. SOrry about the lovely pic, this was the best out of 20 attempts. My phone sucks.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

If you haven't gotten any busters yet the two packs are totally worth getting, otherwise ... why bother?

You're an idiot like me and cannot stop buying GB items from Mattel

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

New acquisition today. SOrry about the lovely pic, this was the best out of 20 attempts. My phone sucks.

Still want to follow through on that MOTUC deal, or hoping I'll just forget, or....?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sideshow is determined to take all my money. Sixth scale Snake:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am glad they got his likeness - that HAS to mean a Jack Burton figure, right? Right?!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sanschel posted:

Sideshow is determined to take all my money. Sixth scale Snake:

Holy hell yes.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I am glad they got his likeness - that HAS to mean a Jack Burton figure, right? Right?!

I'm on board with that idea. That'd be awesome.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Got a real, working, utility belt with a metal buckle from a guy on the replica prop forum to go with my all-metal speargun. I have been lusting after one of these for a crazy rear end long time too. I really do not care at all for the cartoonish mustard yellow that makes it look really toy-like. But I learned that the paint was baked on during manufacturing and may be difficult to strip. I'm leaning toward a Batman Returns darker gold, kind of like the brass on the speargun hook. I have this display idea involving the belt, gun, and chest emblem designed around a shadowbox frame that loosely resembles the bat suit vault door from the 89 film.

I definitely won't be building a full Keaton suit like I did with the Begins stuff. I just like the functional, metal gadgets.

I've been releasing and locking that buckle for the past 2 days. It's just so satisfying.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Hah! For once, you can actually use this quote appropriately!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaj2TnQjPHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

WeX Majors posted:

Hah! For once, you can actually use this quote appropriately!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaj2TnQjPHE

Well, there's also this.

(It's not mine... yet. The guy who built it wants $1500)