Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Uh probably it'll be more like "wel .... out of monie for frog dog stand... hoping friend something awfl help more now... vent gone got stole, and fountain stop work what happen??? don't know, relish hot dog people dont like, mom say sick? don't know sick you give me the money WE make this happen twitter and smoething awfuil"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Noni posted:

All that we ask is that, if Doobie's Dog House fails, it'll be spectacular, like a tire fire but with hotdogs. A trucker driving through town will stop to refill his rig with diesel and stare at the plume of brown smoke and ask the attendant, "What's with the popping noises." The gas man will reply, slowly, "Them are frog dogs."

The town will be revitalized from an unexpected number of people coming from miles around to inspect the curious, never-ending hotdog fire. "Why don't the flames go out?" They will ask. A grizzled old woman will hobble up, wave her cane at the fire and say, "Never got a proper vent hood. That was his first mistake." But the unseen truth will be that a busted sewage line and a town that eats nothing but food from a Dollar General makes for fantastic methane production.

Hotdog man will leave the town of Reform, run out by a horde of angry people. A young boy will ask, "Why's he running?" and the gas man will reply, "Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Reform deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because Doobie can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dog Knight."

Are you some kind of mystical hot dog bard or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Doobie's Dirge.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Ruddha posted:

Uh probably it'll be more like "wel .... out of monie for frog dog stand... hoping friend something awfl help more now... vent gone got stole, and fountain stop work what happen??? don't know, relish hot dog people dont like, mom say sick? don't know sick you give me the money WE make this happen twitter and smoething awfuil"

Noni posted:

Come to my website, hotdogprophets.com

lmfao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Noni posted:

That's the true beauty of this Shakespearean hotdog tragedy: He was told the hood was somewhere else and that he just had to go pick it up.

:negative:
i guess he was left wondering: "where the hood at?"...heh

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

All I wanted was a delicious frog dog with my meth. Is that too much to ask?

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broken Machine posted:

You'd be surprised how much it actually costs to run a hot dog cart in NYC.

The main cost isn't the cart or materials, it's a license to park the cart in prime spots.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/08/the_halfmilliondollar_wiener.html

All for about 15k / year.

That article actually says that the vendors who pay the city for premium spots such as next to the MET do not report their income but we can infer that it is more than $400,000 since many of them have been there for years.

The people making 15k a year are the carts that simply drop anywhere else in the city and compete for 'territory' and poo poo like a bunch of Neanderthals.

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

Noni posted:

All that we ask is that, if Doobie's Dog House fails, it'll be spectacular, like a tire fire but with hotdogs. A trucker driving through town will stop to refill his rig with diesel and stare at the plume of brown smoke and ask the attendant, "What's with the popping noises." The gas man will reply, slowly, "Them are frog dogs."

The town will be revitalized from an unexpected number of people coming from miles around to inspect the curious, never-ending hotdog fire. "Why don't the flames go out?" They will ask. A grizzled old woman will hobble up, wave her cane at the fire and say, "Never got a proper vent hood. That was his first mistake." But the unseen truth will be that a busted sewage line and a town that eats nothing but food from a Dollar General makes for fantastic methane production.

Hotdog man will leave the town of Reform, run out by a horde of angry people. A young boy will ask, "Why's he running?" and the gas man will reply, "Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Reform deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because Doobie can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dog Knight."

This is the worst post I have ever seen.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

SpoopyMonkey posted:

Are you some kind of mystical hot dog bard or something?

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

Noni posted:

:laffo:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Limastock posted:

That article actually says that the vendors who pay the city for premium spots such as next to the MET do not report their income but we can infer that it is more than $400,000 since many of them have been there for years.

The people making 15k a year are the carts that simply drop anywhere else in the city and compete for 'territory' and poo poo like a bunch of Neanderthals.

True; the few vendors with the cash to afford to buy the premium licenses do okay, most of the time. I don't know how well those few actually do. Sometimes they can't make the 40k / month rent and go bankrupt. The bulk of them aren't making much though.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
Noni can I hire you as a motivational speaker for day to day life? I can give you like 2 dogs a day.

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

Box of Trial posted:

Noni can I hire you as a motivational speaker for day to day life? I can give you like 2 dogs a day.

Beat me to it! Haha loving fived sir. :cheers:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broken Machine posted:

True; the few vendors with the cash to afford to buy the premium licenses do okay, most of the time. I don't know how well those few actually do. Sometimes they can't make the 40k / month rent and go bankrupt. The bulk of them aren't making much though.

But you don't know that the bulk of them aren't making any money because their income isn't reported so it is all anecdotal. They have auctions for those premium spots. Do you think they reach 400k a year regularly by mistake?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Limastock posted:

But you don't know that the bulk of them aren't making any money because their income isn't reported so it is all anecdotal. They have auctions for those premium spots. Do you think they reach 400k a year regularly by mistake?

I don't know, let's ask one of them.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gonna set my cart up on this corner in the Bronx.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
Go for Brooklyn. You can sell lovely dogs and pbr cheap and ride the wave of ironic hipster sales all the way to the bank. Bonus points if all your equipment is old as poo poo.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I met a traveller from a southern land
Who said: Two vast and bunless dogs of stone stand in reform.

Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered amphibian lies, whose grin,
And staring eyes, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its donators poorly that kickstarter read
Full over funded, granted to build these lifeless things.

The ruddha that mocked them and the noni that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Doobie, king of kings:
Look on my dogs, oh internet and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the ash of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

AthanasiosTheologis posted:

This is the worst post I have ever seen.

It's pretty bad.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Broken Machine posted:

I don't know, let's ask one of them.

I once kissed a girl who later went on to black out and wake up blowing a newsstand or hot dog vendor in New York. It was a year after but... god if that is not a sad story.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Noni posted:

I'm sort of thinking of a concept similar to the zero hedge concept?

A website for hot dog experts who don't want to be identified or have their credentials threatened.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Broken Machine posted:

Sometimes they can't make the 40k / month rent and go bankrupt.

That rent is set by auction, and this 25 year old was the highest bidder. So he's an idiot, they still make $1000-$1500 a day. On the lower end that's 350-500k a year. Another article said the rent was $400k last year before he overbid - which actually makes sense.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The math in the title shouldn't be correct, to reflect the current hot dog situation.

I threw $25 at hot dogs and if it fails, it was worth it for the brief few minutes that guy was happy and excited because eh, gently caress it. I've spent more on stupider poo poo in the past.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If people want to make people happy giving money with no form of obligation on their part they could just give me money.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Did this guy ever publish any sort of a business plan?

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Local Resident posted:

You're asking too many questions, just put this piece of 100% Alabama meat in your mouth and let doobie's competent hands do the rest.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Local Resident posted:

He read a website on how to start a hot dog cart.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

El Spider posted:

You're asking too many questions, just put this piece of 100% Alabama meat in your mouth and let doobie's competent hands do the rest.

Maybe they make a Hot Doggin for Dummies book. Written by Guy Fieri.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

ahahahahahah

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No see he's quaint and naive.

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012
I just hope he refuses to serve troons. I won't eat in any establishment that allows trannies.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
And not only that, but also hot dogs are gross.

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

Welcome Doobie Dog frog dog express OLD FASHION like pop pop used to make..... no fuss no muss no blacks... NO jews just good dog white pride world wide!! Gene Simonds KISS music, no purple drink just COKA COLA on TAP good drink... call me wayne old fashione but I'm racist and prejudice

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

*arrives from NYC to visit famous Internet hot dog stand* "Uh, what's the 'colored only' dog?"

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, really? The uneducated, unemployed white dude raised in the rural south is racist? Give me my :10bux: back immediately.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Limastock posted:

Oh, really? The uneducated, unemployed white dude raised in the rural south is racist? Give me my :10bux: back immediately.

I'm glad there's someone here who understands that there's nothing wrong with directly giving money to racist individuals. I mean, come on, better the guy with possible family ties to the Klan than Brooklyn Taffy :rolleyes:

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Broken Machine posted:

Look, I'm going to need better effort out of you if you're going to fact check my jokes.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Hat Thoughts posted:

I'm glad there's someone here who understands that there's nothing wrong with directly giving money to racist individuals. I mean, come on, better the guy with possible family ties to the Klan than Brooklyn Taffy :rolleyes:

To be fair, he is likely more ignorant than he is outright racist. I don't think this guy is going to put up a "Whites Only" sign or treat black customers poorly, like many members of my extended family (anyone's family if you extend it enough) you find small town people who find some jokes funny that you would never want them publicly making in public around you. Not trying to defend him, but he made a "black people like chicken" comment and then immediately got called out by his mom for using the abbreviation "LMFAO" which was the thing that stuck out most to me because that is hilarious.

Under his film likes he has Tyler Perry so I'm going to guess hes more... small town never really got to meet too many black people than he is racist. I had a friend who's wife had family like this and he always told me "They don't hate black people, they just don't get why that may offend someone. Bring it up and they will mention how they had a black co-worker they would joke around with but won't understand that not everyone is that co-worker and that their one black friend is not the official spokesperson of all people termed black."

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Rapdawg posted:

To be fair, he is likely more ignorant than he is outright racist. I don't think this guy is going to put up a "Whites Only" sign or treat black customers poorly, like many members of my extended family (anyone's family if you extend it enough) you find small town people who find some jokes funny that you would never want them publicly making in public around you. Not trying to defend him, but he made a "black people like chicken" comment and then immediately got called out by his mom for using the abbreviation "LMFAO" which was the thing that stuck out most to me because that is hilarious.

When she called him out I was looking around for some horribly racist abbreviation of some kind, the fact that it was for implying that he had kinda sort of said the words 'loving' and 'rear end' was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Rapdawg posted:

I'm going to guess hes more... small town never really got to meet too many black people than he is racist.

He lives in a town of less than 2000 people which is 45% black. He must be even better at burying his head in the sand than you guys.

• Locked thread