Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I think I roleplay the game as much as possible and sort of make my own fun. I usually log in, and then log onto a new server with no goons. Then I grab an attack chopper and park it up on top of the Maze Bank building and wait for bounties. From there I just kind of take it wherever. Or if they're in the city I try to lure them into sniping distance.

At that point, drat the rewards, being a one man airborne hit squad is worth the 60 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Got it. Still kind of crappy to not include a page on the support site detailing those changes just to keep the community informed on changes. Maybe there is and I can't find it?

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200329777-Change-to-Medical-Bills-and-Patch-Notes#answer-200503268

Not sure if the original was edited or deleted but I found these quotes from when I initially read about it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-21-rockstar-confirms-it-has-halved-gta-online-repeat-mission-payouts

Rockstar posted:

"For those of you inquiring about mission payouts, there was a change that reduces payouts by 50 per cent after a repeat of the mission," Rockstar explained. "The first time you play and beat the mission, you will get the full amount. Subsequent replays will see a payout amount reduced by half. This is to keep the game balanced as well as encourage the exploration of new missions and content in the game.

"We understand players do like to enjoy a mission multiple times, so rather than remove the possibility of doing so, we've allowed replays of these missions at a reduced payout. Many players can get very good at a mission and beat it much faster in consecutive tries, so we've adjusted these payouts to match that case.

"We apologise that there was not full clarity about this in the patch notes; however, hopefully this note will clear things up. If there are any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 23, 2013

XenophobicAirport
Dec 15, 2007

Please have your weapons prepared at the terminal.

Arturo Robusto posted:

Some guy in a GTA race was able to throw a sticky bomb during the horn-honk, pre-countdown phase. Gonna try to figure it out later on, maybe load the race while hodling it or something?

I find this works if you select sticky bombs from the pre-start menu where you buy them and then hold the button to throw one. Eventually the dot will appear for you to do so.

Das Butterbrot posted:

Real pros dont even use the plane.

Get into the plane to trigger the lasers showing up on the map, then leave it and get into a/your (fast) car (my tuned banshee takes about 15-20 seconds longer to arrive than the plane would). Use the cliff next to Fort Zancudo to jump into the base, apply sticky bombs while driving around like a madman shouting obscenities, make stuff explode, steal bob, win.

(Alternatively, if youre high lvl enough, use the Lazer/Buzzard that spawns inside the base)

The quickest and easiest way I've found to do Base Invaders solo:

1. Grab yourself a sniper rifle with a suppressor.
2. Start the mission up at the plane runway so you spawn there.
3. Buy five sticky bombs in the pre-mission-start menu, set the difficulty to "easy".
4. Immediately make a break for the plane to activate the lazers, then get back out of it.
5. Throw a sticky bomb on the ground and detonate it to kill yourself (be careful not to destroy the plane). This will spawn you in the base (no flying or ramping your car over a fence needed). Should save you from four minutes of travelling.
6. Run to the first lazer with the army Jeep, get a good distance away from the two soldiers chatting next to the Jeep, line them up so you can kill them both with a single sniper bullet.
7. Grab the Jeep, toss a sticky bomb out of it at the lazer, drive over to the next one and sticky bomb that then the next one. Turn around and as you're doing this, detonate the bombs to make sure you secured the lazer's deaths.
8. Drive your Jeep into the hanger with the cargobob now, and park it on the right side of the cargobob from where you come in. This is to avoid the torrent of soldier fire now coming your way. Make sure not to park the Jeep to close to the cargobob or you'll screw things up.
9. Once inside the cargobob and moving, you should be safe, the windows appear to be bulletproof or the soldiers can't aim. The thing is resilient, just don't hang around. Get it back to the runway and celebrate.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thanks. It's a pain in the rear end to find on their site. Didn't think to look in the community threads section, since I didn't even know that existed haha.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I just want money so I can buy a good amount of ammo and upgrade whatever Goon Murderwagon I choose to make my personal vehicle so that I can go around hunting the unworthy until there is a war for crews to actually go to war.

Right now I'm torn between my awesome Sandking and other vehicles because drat if I don't want an FIB Truck to load up full of Goons.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I finally got my hands on an El Camino and I found out I can't pile people in the back :smith:

Car still owns tho

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

There is also a lot of weird stuff going on with payouts that I have observed, that I think can be explained by another stealth nerf: you only get half the payout even if it's your first time doing the mission if the mission outranks you.

Also this is probably old news but I am pretty sure the payouts in Criminal Records, and out of races Criminal Records alone, have been reduced.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Which 400k appt should I buy gentlemen?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

thompson posted:

The 223k one.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

thompson posted:

I have the 400k apartment. Save your ~$180k and buy the 223k one. I actually like the location of mine but many people seem to prefer the centertown apartment, you get the same interior and same amount of garage space and enough change to buy a sweet car.

Also buy the Cognoscenti that thing is sick and under-appreciated

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rapdawg posted:

I just want money so I can buy a good amount of ammo and upgrade whatever Goon Murderwagon I choose to make my personal vehicle so that I can go around hunting the unworthy until there is a war for crews to actually go to war.

Right now I'm torn between my awesome Sandking and other vehicles because drat if I don't want an FIB Truck to load up full of Goons.
Good news, it's free to steal an FIB SUV and they come with bulletproof tires, and everything else is free too because they aren't supposed to be garage-able!

Also they handle like hot dogshit.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
What are the best missions to do at level 33 that I can start on the map that are solo?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Has there been any word about the stimulus payouts recently? The time between "next week" and "the end of the month" is getting closer every day

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie
What the hell mechanic, this is not an acceptable place to drop off my car! :argh: (And it was just deep enough that it wouldn't let me get in)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

NeoSeeker posted:

What are the best missions to do at level 33 that I can start on the map that are solo?

I've done Boneyard survival solo a couple times. You have to post up behind the trailer against the red wall and plant a sticky on the corner to your left for when they try and flank you.

It's 20k, and will seriously build up your shooting skill level. As a bonus, you get to keep all of the weapons for the remainder of your session.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Getting someone with a car-bomb outside of LSC is probably the best thing. Thrax23 had the pleasure of being an unwitting witness to a poor pubbie blowing himself (and his nearby car) to hell. It accrues bad sport points, unfortunately. Like every other fun thing in this game.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Robawesome posted:

I have the 400k apartment. Save your ~$180k and buy the 223k one. I actually like the location of mine but many people seem to prefer the centertown apartment, you get the same interior and same amount of garage space and enough change to buy a sweet car.

Also buy the Cognoscenti that thing is sick and under-appreciated

I'm like you, the Rockford Hills location seems great to me, because I love going up to the desert and the airfield, but that's just me. Also the 391k view is just, god drat.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

GNU Order posted:

Has there been any word about the stimulus payouts recently? The time between "next week" and "the end of the month" is getting closer every day

They said there's going to be a news post this week about the stimulus as well as info on the heists and mission creator

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

VarXX posted:

They said there's going to be a news post this week about the stimulus as well as info on the heists and mission creator

Where? I don't see it on the newswire or twitter.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Good news, it's free to steal an FIB SUV and they come with bulletproof tires, and everything else is free too because they aren't supposed to be garage-able!

Also they handle like hot dogshit.

The "FIB Emergency" as it was called for me went into Los Santos just fine.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Psion posted:

Where? I don't see it on the newswire or twitter.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200329777-Change-to-Medical-Bills-and-Patch-Notes#answer-200503268

quote:

We thank you for your understanding and patience and please stay tuned this week for more information including timing of the first GTA$ Stimulus Package deposit and the forthcoming new content such as the Beach Bum Pack, Content Creator and Heists.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Can cars like the Entity XF only be purchased, or can you roll one in to your garage?

e:

Also where the mission goons at? I want to get some ranks.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

ijyt posted:

Can cars like the Entity XF only be purchased, or can you roll one in to your garage?

e:

Also where the mission goons at? I want to get some ranks.

The Entity (and most other cars worth more than $100k) must be purchased.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

GNU Order posted:

I finally got my hands on an El Camino and I found out I can't pile people in the back :smith:

Car still owns tho

That's a car that is in desperate need of cool body mods :(

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So is PSN down or something? I'm trying to play with a friend right now, both of us can get on GTAO but can't find each other.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

So is PSN down or something? I'm trying to play with a friend right now, both of us can get on GTAO but can't find each other.

if you can get on GTA:O, PSN is not down.

have you tried an invite-only session?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

nasboat posted:

if you can get on GTA:O, PSN is not down.

have you tried an invite-only session?

I can't invite him because the game doesn't think I have anyone in my friends list. Even in the PS crossbar my friends list is devoid of any friends, online or offline. Except for my account, apparently my only friend is myself??

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm addicted to modding vehicles. Is there a complete list of which cars have aesthetic mods available and maybe pictures of what they look like?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
An addendum to my earlier post about making money with out of court settlement; it looks like the car despawns if you turn the mission into Martin. That one might require selling the car midmission (can you still do this?) or two players. Not sure yet.

Maj._Victory
Sep 16, 2007

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS!
Ramrod XTreme
The way I've always done Out of Court Settlement is to take the the car to my garage after killing the lawyer, that way it counts as a personal vehicle and sticks around after the mission is over. The downside to this is you need a spot open in the garage, but its the only way I've been able to do it solo.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Hey Brotein Shake, sorry about the whole "bullet to the face" thing, didn't realise you were Awful Company. You were just another white dot on the map :(

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Sykic posted:

Hey Brotein Shake, sorry about the whole "bullet to the face" thing, didn't realise you were Awful Company. You were just another white dot on the map :(

It really is a shame there's no crew associations or something

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Blocking off the north central LSC like so and then waiting on a nearby overhang with a gun is a great way to piss people off. Make emm work for that free money.

I'm taking a break but if anyone wants to enforce honesty in a bit send a friend request or something to GT: DrLariat, maybe we can form a posse.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
That you're all in separate crews with hundreds of people and not considering that rights for an action-packed blood feud proves how wrong you're all playing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Lariat posted:

Blocking off the north central LSC like so and then waiting on a nearby overhang with a gun is a great way to piss people off. Make emm work for that free money.

I'm taking a break but if anyone wants to enforce honesty in a bit send a friend request or something to GT: DrLariat, maybe we can form a posse.

Been doing this for a few days now. Even better is if you put a sticky bomb on the blocking cars so you can explode some pubbies incase you miss your sniper shots. A real goddamn shame the dropping all your money on death mechanic doesn't work. They get mad enough as it is, I can only imagine the tears if they dropped all their exploited money.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Wow I just saw how badly Gerald's missions are nerfed. $750 for most missions now.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

The most annoying thing about exploiters is now I can't sell my legitimate car I don't like anymore because it's worth more than 50k :argh:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

XenophobicAirport posted:

5. Throw a sticky bomb on the ground and detonate it to kill yourself (be careful not to destroy the plane). This will spawn you in the base (no flying or ramping your car over a fence needed). Should save you from four minutes of travelling.

I forgot all about this trick, we used to do it when we thought the plane could only hold three people. We only stopped doing it because it used to waste 3 grand. I'm still gonna start the mission next the base at the jump, but this is a great trick for farming it with the spectator glitch.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I will come clean my fellow Goons- if a cluster gently caress of death is occurring and each of us is living for around twenty seconds before being sticky bomb'd or gunned down and someone places a large bounty on you... it has been desperate times, I've done bad things, and I am sorry for it.

I have the respect to use a golf club though- a weapon of honor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

BlueDestiny posted:

The most annoying thing about exploiters is now I can't sell my legitimate car I don't like anymore because it's worth more than 50k :argh:

That's got nothing to do with exploits, that's the way its been since day 1.

• Locked thread