Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just finally got to get caught up with this weeks, that was really great. I didn't see the ending coming at all. Bear fake out was bullshit

I'm kind of tired of the HR subplot. Next week looks really good too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

burtonos posted:

I just started watching this weeks episode the sick Bear fake out was a low blow :(

Spoilers aren't necessary, the ep has aired.

I actually exclaimed 'BEAR! :ohdear:' when I saw the opening scene. It didn't even occur to me that it might be a fake out of some kind.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Good episode, i am liking Shaw more and more, and i am even liking Carter a bit, she seems a lot less annoying now.

My only problem was that i found it odd that the women passed all their questions, but because she scratched up a photo they jumped to the conclusion that she was guilty, it turned out to be true, it just seemed a little far fetched.

Tokubetsu posted:

Is it bad that at the start of the ep, it didn't cross my mind they might be working a case. I was just scared for Bear.

I must have missed something, i thought Bear was actually sick, and that they just happened to encounter robbers :doh:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I actually didn't like this episode. Midway through I realized I was bored. I enjoyed the ending but I wasn't really invested leading up to it. I really didn't care what happened to the person of the week one way or another. It might have been because she was a crappy actress.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I didn't love most of the episode, but the end of it made it for me. John just being like "gently caress this, I'm out" was pretty great.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I did think it was a funny that the woman lying to Reese was enough for him to be all, "Your life is forfeit, shoot each other and let God sort it out," as opposed to, say, Root. Or more to the point, the last time they had two spouses who were each trying to kill the other...

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
The ending was great, and unexpected on my part. I had this thought that were it Shaw instead of Mr. Reese, she'd have killed both of them, no hesitation. :sparkles:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Pilli posted:

The ending was great, and unexpected on my part. I had this thought that were it Shaw instead of Mr. Reese, she'd have killed both of them, no hesitation. :sparkles:

Hehehe, now all I can hear is Shaw saying "how wonderful" :geno:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
That was some vintage season 1 Reese right there. Reminds me of the episode with the rapist where it left you wondering if John killed him at the end.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I know the ending of Cura Te Ipsum was supposed to be ambiguous but there's no doubt in my mind that Reese left serial rapist guy dissolving in a trench of quicklime.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I thought smart money was on the rapist being in the Mexican prison?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Sub Rosa posted:

I thought smart money was on the rapist being in the Mexican prison?
Yeah, this was kind of implied.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Eh, the rapist was early on in John's new "career"...it was only the fourth episode of the show after all. He was still recovering from his downward spiral and hadn't really settled into his new life the way he has as the show's progressed, and while I guess it's not an invalid interpretation to suggest that he could have done to that guy what he did to the crazy stalker Marshal and dragged him to some out-of-the-way prison I kind of feel like the Reese of that point in time would probably have taken the more expedient approach.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:siren:Tonight's Episode:siren:: РАЗГOВОР (Razgovor)

Synopsis: When Shaw is tasked to stay close to a 10-year-old identified by The Machine, she grudgingly develops respect for the young girl's skills in surveillance and realizes it could be the very reason why her number has come up. Meanwhile, Carter's mission to bring HR to justice risks exposure.

Preview

The PoI youtube account is being real weird and making all its preview videos private. It's also got this kick rear end little featurette about the show's female leads, so go ahead and watch that.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

It's also got this kick rear end little featurette about the show's female leads, so go ahead and watch that.

My computer bluescreened and restarted at 2:49 in that video. :tinfoil:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Eh, the rapist was early on in John's new "career"...it was only the fourth episode of the show after all. He was still recovering from his downward spiral and hadn't really settled into his new life the way he has as the show's progressed, and while I guess it's not an invalid interpretation to suggest that he could have done to that guy what he did to the crazy stalker Marshal and dragged him to some out-of-the-way prison I kind of feel like the Reese of that point in time would probably have taken the more expedient approach.
I get the feeling the Mexican prison was supposed to be a plot thread, but they just kind of dropped it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Slamhound posted:

I get the feeling the Mexican prison was supposed to be a plot thread, but they just kind of dropped it.

In season 5 we will find out The Machine moved itself to the prison.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Slamhound posted:

It wasn't dropped, it was used to set up the change in Reese, and to interestingly fill some plot holes.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Zaggitz posted:

:siren:Tonight's Episode:siren:: РАЗГOВОР (Razgovor)

Not that people couldn't have figured this out with google translate, but it means conversation. We'll see what the significance of it being in Russian is I guess.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did think it was a funny that the woman lying to Reese was enough for him to be all, "Your life is forfeit, shoot each other and let God sort it out," as opposed to, say, Root. Or more to the point, the last time they had two spouses who were each trying to kill the other...

But she was in on the whole thing. When she was betrayed, she didn't repent, imo showing she has been completely corrupted.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What was the Mexican prison thing? I don't remember that.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

in Many Happy Returns, it's revealed that John left the wife abusing marshall in some Mexican jail with heroin so he'd be stuck there in a fate worse than death kind of way, and they imply it's happened before.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
So, Shaw IS the terminator?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Zaggitz posted:

in Many Happy Returns, it's revealed that John left the wife abusing marshall in some Mexican jail with heroin so he'd be stuck there in a fate worse than death kind of way, and they imply it's happened before.

I must have just completely forgotten that one, guess I'll go back and watch it but I don't remember the heroin part.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aw Shaw is bonding with the little girl.
Also did that gun shot effect look bad to anyone else?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What gunshot affect?

Yeah, I am really digging this episode. Although Shaw's response to the kid asking whats wrong with her is :stare:

gently caress Yeah! Duck Tape the wound and Shaw is on the War Path.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 23, 2013

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

When Reese was shooting back at the kidnappers, the gun shots looked wonky to me.

Also nice to see we're getting some Shaw backstory this episode.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, I kind of like that. Shaw is a really interesting character.

HA! GROSS! This is a good episode.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Wasn't expecting that kind of development.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Season 3, episode 5: Pretty great episode. Wasn't expecting poo poo to be hitting the fan like this yet.

I saw like the first few seconds of that spoiler video then decided not to watch it. I'm glad I didn't, that scene was great.

I kinda wish they called in Fusco though. I feel like he should be the one having a climactic fight with Simmons. Even if Fusco doesn't look like he could take him on.

Also, drat Finch, that's a lot of property damage. Also maybe dangerous to be connecting himself to the girl so directly. I know he has a lot of aliases but I don't know how many can have a big enough financial footprint to be reclusive billionaires.

Metropolis fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 23, 2013

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
^^^Dude, still airing in the US. Slow your roll.

Sweet Jesus that was a slick way to bring in HR.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Haha sorry but that's a incredibly dumb plan HRs got, but that's a awesome interrogation technique.

What the hell Shaw.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 23, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, Shaw is stealing this guy's blood.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This episode brought its muthfugging A-game. Last week's was really weak, with some awful acting and repetitive dialogue, but man, Shaw is knocking this poo poo out of the park. And how badass is Carter?

Best episode of the season so far, hands down. I can't wait to see how this goes down.

"Mostly in it for the dog." :3:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm really enjoying Shaw on Fire.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Shawcentric episodes are generally always good, I mean her episode is probably still the best episode of the series in terms of bad assness.

Yeah I wasn't expecting the two storylines to converge at all and Shaw may just decide to murder all of HR.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

muscles like this? posted:

Haha, Shaw is stealing this guy's blood.

You heard it here, folks. People with the AB- blood type are basically vampires.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
poo poo's fixing to get real. Haha poo poo already got real. "Acknowledge 1 , ???? ; Acknowledge 2, ?????".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That shot of John putting his gun away was kind of odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Been waiting two weeks for this scene :D

• Locked thread