Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

No Paz! Don't go into the server room! It's a very delicate ecosystem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
I look forward to the rest of the chapter being about Kat posting in E/N about the goony relationship issues.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Quinton posted:

edit: ^ she's been building the lab out for a while now -- with robots delivering various things she's requested. I expect given her elevated status among the court robots, it's even easier to get whatever she needs now...

On top of that she built at anti-gravity device. The court scientists are still probably trying to figure out how that thing works and just giving her poo poo hoping they can steal another invention to make insane profits off of in the future.

Edit: Also, I think this page might be a callback to this one: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=752

Man, Paz is gonna be so heartbroken when she finds out that all the servers are used for is doing calculations for humans :(

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 23, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

On top of that she built at anti-gravity device. The court scientists are still probably trying to figure out how that thing works and just giving her poo poo hoping they can steal another invention to make insane profits off of in the future.

I doubt it. Court tech's pretty crazy. Let's not forget Donnie was building rockets that launched via space warp drive 30 years ago as a kid.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think it's more likely that the court dudes just sort of forgot about it after a while. Court dudes are really only interested in what they're studying, and what their pet projects are. They probably don't give one hoot or another about what Kat is doing, or are aware and are just watching in that sort of casual "I don't give a poo poo" way that the headmaster has.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Man, everyone thought other panels and pages of these two were adorable, and they were, but I feel like this is the most adorable of them all :3:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SerSpook posted:

Man, everyone thought other panels and pages of these two were adorable, and they were, but I feel like this is the most adorable of them all :3:

Yeah I got a good laugh out of this one. It's a cute lil gag.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

MikeJF posted:

I doubt it. Court tech's pretty crazy. Let's not forget Donnie was building rockets that launched via space warp drive 30 years ago as a kid.

Yeah, I think the court was more impressed by the fact that Kat could build an anti-grav unit at such a young age and with a high school education.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Prison Warden posted:

Yeah, I think the court was more impressed by the fact that Kat could build an anti-grav unit at such a young age and with a high school education.

And they totally missed the point, which was the protein crystals! (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=70)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, so it really is gonna be a whole chapter of Kat and Paz Pat and Kaz being adorable? Tom don't you take this away from us :qq:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, I was kinda thinking of it along the lines of "Kat managed to build an anti-grav device without supposedly knowing about or using the court's etheric technology", which allows for significant "allowances" and everyone seemed to be extremely impressed with. Then again, maybe hoverboards already exist outside of the court in this world and Gunnerkrigg is funded by Biff, Inc. I dunno.

Still, it's a shame about those protein crystals, though. I'm a biotech guy, not a mechanical engineer, dammit :mad:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I was kinda thinking of it along the lines of "Kat managed to build an anti-grav device without supposedly knowing about or using the court's etheric technology", which allows for significant "allowances" and everyone seemed to be extremely impressed with. Then again, maybe hoverboards already exist outside of the court in this world and Gunnerkrigg is funded by Biff, Inc. I dunno.

Still, it's a shame about those protein crystals, though. I'm a biotech guy, not a mechanical engineer, dammit :mad:

I get the sense that the Court in general has super-advanced technology even putting aside their etheric research or the robots, and that it's probably well in advance of what the world beyond the Court has available.

After all, Holodecks. And tracking nanites. And... stuff.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 23, 2013

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Ok, so did Paz just try to bust in on Kat half dressed here? I mean we have 'I'm going to go change in here' and then 'Hay what's goin on in here! :v: '

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Paz is a smooth operator.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Who are these people I don't remember any Pat's or Kaz's showing up before? Please Tom help

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting to see that Kat, when considering inviting Paz was a bad idea, figured she should have put off her hobby with Annie instead of putting off hanging out with Paz. Despite the fact they seem to be hanging out all the time anyway. She must put a lot of value in her relationship with her girlfriend.
On the other hand, she's shy about getting changed in front of her, so they can't be that close yet. Sure, they're 14-ish, that's pretty normal, but given how much Kat had been questioning her sexuality she must be pretty conflicted.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Quinton posted:

Is this the first time we've seen thought balloons? We've had some narration from Annie (especially in earlier chapters), but I don't recall seeing directly what somebody's thinking before. Guess it's time to re-read the archives and find out!
The start of Microsat 5 had something similar.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Pazvatarz

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 23, 2013

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Oh man I love the long-distance low-detail faces. Those big smiles make me feel fuzzy :)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crimson Harvest posted:

Oh man I love the long-distance low-detail faces. Those big smiles make me feel fuzzy :)

You and me both, friend. You and me both.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

BobTheJanitor posted:

Ok, so did Paz just try to bust in on Kat half dressed here? I mean we have 'I'm going to go change in here' and then 'Hay what's goin on in here! :v: '

These kids really need to stop hanging out with Renard.

AE-35 Unit posted:

Wow, how did Kat get all that equipment? I wish I had those kinds of resources!

You know how when you went to school there were like three working computers and a box of chalk between all the teachers?

Robots were stealing your stuff so a supergenius could make anti-gravity fields protein crystals.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Ah well, it's a better use for them than Oregon Trail...

...or is it?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Paz, it's rude to peek at a girl's bitcoin mining rig without permission.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Edit: Also, I think this page might be a callback to this one: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=752

Man, Paz is gonna be so heartbroken when she finds out that all the servers are used for is doing calculations for humans :(

Just noticed there's a third person on that page in the lab with the rats. I wonder if that was Eglamore Jimmy-Jims.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

Just noticed there's a third person on that page in the lab with the rats. I wonder if that was Eglamore Jimmy-Jims.

Probably just some scientist dude gathering up some choice mousies for uh non-invasive experiments.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ProfessorProf posted:

Paz, it's rude to peek at a girl's bitcoin mining rig without permission.

It's actually a Cookie Clicker autoclick station. Kat is the cookie lord.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
zimmy sees kat as the elder pact is what i am hearing here

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
Huh, I just noticed that the "symbol of protection" those old S13 units put on the wall in Panel 3. That's a neat little touch there, Tommy.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Huh, I just noticed that the "symbol of protection" those old S13 units put on the wall in Panel 3. That's a neat little touch there, Tommy.

Is that the same one, or a new one? I have this feeling like when they did it it was bigger.
Maybe it was the camera angle though.

I wonder if they came by later and posted it everywhere.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ArcMage posted:

Is that the same one, or a new one? I have this feeling like when they did it it was bigger.
Maybe it was the camera angle though.

I wonder if they came by later and posted it everywhere.
They did a bunch of them all over the place.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Splicer posted:

They did a bunch of them all over the place.

Thorough, those guys.

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance

ArcMage posted:

Thorough, those guys.

Speaking of which, aren't they suppose to be around... keeping an eye on Kat so nothing bad happens? Think that's what they said before.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, so they learned Kat was dating and they gave her some protection! :downs:

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

VanSandman posted:

You and me both, friend. You and me both.

I think the last two panels here might be my favorite in the entire comic just because of that.

It does look kind of weird on Jones, though.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

Jabarto posted:

It does look kind of weird on Jones, though.

Jones' face looks very... :smith: there. I almost feel like we need to make another impulsive purchase of a smilie. :smugjones:

:smithjones:

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Blackheart posted:

It's actually a Cookie Clicker autoclick station. Kat is the cookie lord.

GAH! All my favorited threads are starting to merge!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"This is the room where I am the Robot Messiah."
"...okay?"
"Yeah I don't know either."

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh, uh, that's a hand. On, uh, me.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Aw, come on, Kat. Paz thinks you're great. I'm sure she won't flee in terror if you geek out on server cooling for a little bit. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't understand what's geeky about the basic concept of server cooling?

Fake edit: Pre-emptive :goonsay: