Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

JordanKai posted:

That didn't stop them from putting Meta Knightmare into Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Super Star Ultra. :colbert:

Keeping in mind of course that in the Kirby's Nightmare in Dream Land Meta Knight mode the game was more like a speedrun where you were forced to use sword and nothing else on Extra Difficulty. None of the Minigames or hidden switches were needed to complete the game 100%. That and you couldn't save anyway so it didn't really matter much.

KSSU was the same deal really, just a Speedrun through the main 5 games of the original KSS. None of the side stuff was needed or anything.

Like the others said, you need Kirby to get the side stuff in Return (And of course only he could use Super Copy Powers), I'm not sure how required he was for just running through the levels otherwise, but if you had the choice of running through as somebody else there would be too much stuff that you could miss and certain bosses would become outright unwinnable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Large artwork with comet observatory in the upper-right corner.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I'm loving that bullet bill train. It reminds me that one of my favourite karts in Double Dash was the little train.

Oh poo poo, I just noticed the ones in the top right with cat ears. Also, charging chucks without their helmets look weird.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

There on the upper left, is that the toad brigade captain with... a green power star? :smith: Don't tease, nintendo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

There on the upper left, is that the toad brigade captain with... a green power star? :smith: Don't tease, nintendo.

TOAD BRIGADE IS BACK!? Well that cements it this is going to be absolutely amazing.

The green stars are this game's star coins.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Amppelix posted:

Cat Bullet Bill is my favorite.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is the new Lego Marvel game available on the eshop? I just cashed in my deluxe gift codes and have some money to spend on the shop, was hoping to use it towards that game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the SM3DW trailer it showed that you can find hidden stamps to use on Miiverse. If Nintendo started putting those in more games I think it's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to achievements/trophies on Wii U

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm not one to use video game-related images as my laptop wallpaper, but this is pretty tempting. :stare:

Now I want a Disney Infinity-style toybox game where you can make a Bullet Bill choochoo train go all around the map and I'm sad that it will never happen. :smith:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Looks like this is officially happening: Wii U Deluxe Bundle with New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U to replace the Nintendo Land bundle starting November 1st. They're also dropping the price on Nintendo Land on the eShop to $30.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
So evidently I ordered Wii Party U at some point because it just came to my house. I honestly didn't even know it had been released so that's a neat surprise. I'll try to get some games in this Friday or something.

I also got around to watching that Mario 3D World video, it's pretty incredible that the game looks better and better with each trailer, can't wait for it.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wow. I should get to finishing Super Mario Galaxy already.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
So many games coming out. Nintendo is really putting one over on my wallet right now. I am stoked for the Adventure Time game coming out, i just wish it included online play.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
IGN gave Wii Party U a 7.5

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/wii-party-u-review

Any other reviews out? This one seemed particularly horrible written...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Joystiq says 2/5: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/23/wii-party-u-review-d080f155/

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is the long and short of the review "When's Nintendo going to put out a real game?"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

That's clearly a floating Bowser-themed amusement park.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah but even further in that corner is a hard to see image of the observatory from Galaxy.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lizard Wizard posted:

Behind it faded out.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

mfny posted:

I could try, id have to borrow a camera as I am lame and dont have one.

Annoying thing is if its worth replacing ill need to know/have figured it out before I start buying/redeeming on the estore(or maybe I am screwed already as I have made/linked an account ?)because id be returning it to retailer and I believe this could get fun with the way Nintendo does accounts in terms of getting a replacement console, though maybe I could just get a replacement gamepad since they are not sealed in the box..

Phoned Nintendo today re: accounts/transfers and its pretty much exactly as bad as id heard.

Unless you are returning the console directly to Nintendo to be replaced/repaired its a horribly convoluted mess. Infact I was told id need to send boath the source and destination console to Nintendo if I go a replacement console from retailer for whatever reason which is really really realy dumb.

Going to work out what to do about the gamepad issue and hope I can just get a replacement gamepad if needed/warranted from retailer.

On another note, would anyone be able to do me a favour and take/find a photo showing the drive slot area on the wii u close up but at an angle, ether off center left/right or above ? something is bugging me about it and I just want to make sure mine is like everyone elses.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

Bowser and Dr. Eggman team-up confirmed.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Behind it faded out.
Son of a gun, there it is.

So basically this game has everything except Yoshi :(

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wasn't there a giant yoshi like thing in the trailer?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Well now I've got my fingers crossed for Rosalina as a secret character. Space princess best princess.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Chernabog posted:

Wasn't there a giant yoshi like thing in the trailer?
There's a Yoshi-esque plesiosaur (which also appears in this image) but nothing we've seen indicates that there will be individual rideable Yoshi's like in NSMB and Galaxy 2.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

Well now I've got my fingers crossed for Rosalina as a secret character. Space princess best princess.

Even if it's just DLC to give us more side characters to play in 3D World (Wario & Waluigi, please), I'll take it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Astro7x posted:

IGN gave Wii Party U a 7.5

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/wii-party-u-review

Any other reviews out? This one seemed particularly horrible written...

That review isn't terrible, I just can't understand docking points on a party game because it's not good to play alone. Kotaku's review is, you know, a Kotaku review.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Well considering they start the review with "Wii Party arrived several years later, and despite boasting a much larger collection of games they were bland, generic and entirely forgettable." I'm going to take a guess and assume the reviewer didn't like the first game at all

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Gamespot's review doesn't trash the first game. It's 5/10 and basically says that the core problem is that there are too many mediocre to bad minigames and not enough good ones. Also the presentation is 'bland'.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

mfny posted:

Phoned Nintendo today re: accounts/transfers and its pretty much exactly as bad as id heard.

Unless you are returning the console directly to Nintendo to be replaced/repaired its a horribly convoluted mess. Infact I was told id need to send boath the source and destination console to Nintendo if I go a replacement console from retailer for whatever reason which is really really realy dumb.

Going to work out what to do about the gamepad issue and hope I can just get a replacement gamepad if needed/warranted from retailer.

On another note, would anyone be able to do me a favour and take/find a photo showing the drive slot area on the wii u close up but at an angle, ether off center left/right or above ? something is bugging me about it and I just want to make sure mine is like everyone elses.

Since you asked:

Also I don't really get your gamepad screen issue, so here's a comparison:

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Astro7x posted:

Well considering they start the review with "Wii Party arrived several years later, and despite boasting a much larger collection of games they were bland, generic and entirely forgettable." I'm going to take a guess and assume the reviewer didn't like the first game at all

Not to mention the fact that he also complained that you would need more than 1 controller for a multiplayer game... Kinda sounds like the dude just doesnt like nintendo. And he also seems to think minigame should provide you endless hours of entertainment.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Super Slash posted:

Since you asked:

Jesus man, how do any of your consoles breath!

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Super Slash posted:

Since you asked:

Thanks for that, unfortunately however yours being white means it wont show what I am looking for.

Also because I dont have any physical game disks(plan was to go download only), and because I am for obvious reasons for the time being not to keen on buying anything from the eshop im left in a bit of a limbo with the Wii U right now in terms of actually being able to use it and see if this gamepad issue would affect gameplay/use to..

Bit awkward overall really so far, and unexpected as my time with the Wii was totally without any issues or concerns in the 2 years I have had it I kinda figured the Wii U would be just as smooth.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

mfny posted:

Also because I dont have any physical game disks(plan was to go download only), and because I am for obvious reasons for the time being not to keen on buying anything from the eshop im left in a bit of a limbo with the Wii U right now in terms of actually being able to use it and see if this gamepad issue would affect gameplay/use to..

Well you can always download some demos to try out, things like The Wonderful 101, ZombiU, and Rayman Legends use the pad quite a bit.

jhorphear posted:

Jesus man, how do any of your consoles breath!

Side and rear mounted fans baby. :clint:
(There's nowhere else to put them, they're the only ones that can stack!)

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

jhorphear posted:

Not to mention the fact that he also complained that you would need more than 1 controller for a multiplayer game... Kinda sounds like the dude just doesnt like nintendo. And he also seems to think minigame should provide you endless hours of entertainment.

Whether he likes Nintendo or not, most if not all of his complaints are echoed in other reviews so I doubt this is really a case of game journalism's conspiracy to bury Nintendo and more likely a case of Wii Party U being more Wii Music than Wii Sports

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's an English version of the Super Mario 3D World trailer from earlier.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

jhorphear posted:

It's a forgettable poo poo game, regardless of the review.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

It's a forgettable poo poo game, regardless of the review.

Jesus the voiceover guy is so bad

:geno: Mario's latest is the cat's pajamas :geno:

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Super Slash posted:

Well you can always download some demos to try out, things like The Wonderful 101, ZombiU, and Rayman Legends use the pad quite a bit.

Side and rear mounted fans baby. :clint:
(There's nowhere else to put them, they're the only ones that can stack!)

I guess as long as you dont have intake fans near exhaust fans you could be ok... Still i guess as long as only one machien is running at a time the ambient air temp shoudlnt get too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

mfny posted:

Thanks for that, unfortunately however yours being white means it wont show what I am looking for.

How bout now?

• Locked thread