Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Hey, reminder that the Night of the Living Dead Live event is this Thursday.

Just bought my tickets at my theater. That, and they announced another DVD of Shorts. And there's another Batman Short. Why am I on a budget now? I should sell my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

IUG posted:

Just bought my tickets at my theater. That, and they announced another DVD of Shorts. And there's another Batman Short. Why am I on a budget now? I should sell my house.

So, you miss lunch a day or two.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

So, you miss lunch a day or two.

Why Doesn't IUG Eat Lunch? / Petaluma Chicken

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hey, reminder that the Night of the Living Dead Live event is this Thursday.

Going and bringing two friends! I can't wait.

Has there been any word on whether this one will have shorts beforehand?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

thexerox123 posted:

Going and bringing two friends! I can't wait.

Has there been any word on whether this one will have shorts beforehand?

The movie is only 95 minutes, so yeah probably one or two.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A few weeks ago, I asked about the most bizarre Rifftrax shorts so I could do a list article on them. I want to thank everyone, especially Deadpool and IUG, for their help as I'm finally done. Had a blast doing the research.

The 25 Most Insane Rifftrax Shorts.

Sadly, the be-hatted dog-faced spider from Bill's nightmares and that dinosaur pulling a bone out of his throat got cut from the list.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

A few weeks ago, I asked about the most bizarre Rifftrax shorts so I could do a list article on them. I want to thank everyone, especially Deadpool and IUG, for their help as I'm finally done. Had a blast doing the research.

Sadly, the be-hatted dog-faced spider from Bill's nightmares and that dinosaur pulling a bone out of his throat got cut from the list.

I just saw that Rifftrax retweeted this. I need to check it out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

I have all those shorts except for PERC! POP! SPRINKLE! because it just sounded so creepy and something I'd be embarrassed to be caught watching. Or be put on some kind of government watch list.

Although nothing is creepier than William's Doll. Holy poo poo.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

I have all those shorts except for PERC! POP! SPRINKLE! because it just sounded so creepy and something I'd be embarrassed to be caught watching.
"I'm Martin Moyer. You want a bag of fingernails? I can get you a bag of fingernails"

IUG posted:

Although nothing is creepier than William's Doll. Holy poo poo.
When William starts stroking that baby I felt a little nauseous.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh hell yes another Batman episode is up.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Rebochan posted:

It sounds like some of the dubbed voice actors were even the same
As someone that has watched more Italian cinema than I care to mention, it seems like the same 2 or 3 people dubbed literally every b-movie ever that came out of Europe in the 70's and 80's. In fact, I'm pretty sure only one woman does all women and children voices in these movies. I can recognize her voice in a second.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I was just looking at my local theater's website, and I noticed they had the next Rifftrax Live event listed!!!!

On December 5, prepare for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians!!!!

Edit: Home now, here's a screen cap:

Also HOLY poo poo look at that run-time... that's gotta be an error

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 23, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Canned Panda posted:

I was just looking at my local theater's website, and I noticed they had the next Rifftrax Live event listed!!!!

On December 5, prepare for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians!!!!
Oh poo poo! I'm gonna have to go to this one!

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh poo poo! I'm gonna have to go to this one!

drat, now there's going to be three MST3K-related riffs of this movie.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mike Nelson posted:

Tomorrow at our Night of the Living Dead live show, the return of Norman Krasner. *UGH*

YES!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ughh.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw, now I wish I was going :(

Is it sold out everywhere yet?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Haha I can't believe it. That guy can't catch a break!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Aw, now I wish I was going :(

Is it sold out everywhere yet?

I wish I was going now, too, but I'm too much of a lonely loner to go by myself. All my friends are busy tomorrow night :(

gently caress being a whiny bitch, I'm taking my dad :v:

Neurion fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 24, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got my ticket for tomorrow :cool: I couldn't resist seeing another Norman short.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
You guys do realize that it's probably that :stonk: short from the Kickstarter rewards right?

I mean, if you didn't see it yet, yes, you need to, but at the same time, there really isn't a :stonk: big enough.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I haven't seen the Kickstarter short, and now that you've said that, I'm even more pumped for it :D

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

I haven't seen the Kickstarter short, and now that you've said that, I'm even more pumped for it :D

Dude, nothing will prepare you for the bone-chilling horror that is Norman Begins.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This will be the first RT:Live I'll ever miss. I've got a colonoscopy to prep for. :barf:

I really would love to see THAT Norman short in a theater, too. Talk about saving the best for last...

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Super last-minute, but if anyone wants a ticket for Union Square, PM me. I can't make the show.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's still tickets available. It's on three screens here! Getting mine refunded...

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 24, 2013

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Just found out 15 minutes ago that I won't be able to make it, either. :( It was going to be a little day-after- my-b-day present for myself, too.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
I was very much into MST3K back in the day but I haven't payed attention to RiffTrax since around the time they launched the website. Are these live events worth the admission? Do they actually comment live or is it just like a simulcast of a prerecorded thing?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Surprisingly full at the theater I'm at. Look pictures of all the pre-shot screens, which were pretty good. I'll upload them when I get home. One to tide you over:

Movie Mistakes: A list of all the Saw films.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

MixMasterMalaria posted:

I was very much into MST3K back in the day but I haven't payed attention to RiffTrax since around the time they launched the website. Are these live events worth the admission? Do they actually comment live or is it just like a simulcast of a prerecorded thing?

Live simulcast. Absolutely worth it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're playing an ad for ign before the show and I'm kind of confused as to who they are trying to sell it to.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

They're playing an ad for ign before the show and I'm kind of confused as to who they are trying to sell it to.

IGN's former president (for a few months) is the CEO of Legend Films. They must be doing him a favor because some of the people in that commercial don't work there anymore.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Whyyyyyyyyy don't they do the re-airings on a different night of the week? My wife works late every Thursday, so I can't go to these anymore. I can understand if Thursday is the best day for the live airing, but couldn't they do the repeat on a different day? Not like they need them to show up again...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TVs Ian posted:

Whyyyyyyyyy don't they do the re-airings on a different night of the week? My wife works late every Thursday, so I can't go to these anymore. I can understand if Thursday is the best day for the live airing, but couldn't they do the repeat on a different day? Not like they need them to show up again...

Same here. I haven't been able to see the last several live shows since my brother is always working Thursday, and it just not as fun going alone.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mannn, I went to loving Olive Garden for dinner beforehand and they took so drat long that I didn't get to the theater until 7:15. I missed the Norman short (the main reason I wanted to go), all the pre show trivia and whatever else they showed early on :smith: Plus my theater was pretty full by the time I got there so I just sat in one of the ground level rows way up close to the screen.

NotLD was really funny though. And they showed a link at the end for where to download digital goodies, so hopefully that includes the Norman short and I get to see it anyway despite being late.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ended up missing it.

SURELY this (public domain) one will be a VOD rather quickly.

Right?

Please?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
We had about 75% capacity. Only one glitch when the feed went out right before the first zombie attack in the cemetery. It took a couple of minutes to get going again, but the Dish Network boot screen got a big laugh.

No free Norman short as a goodie, though. :(

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Man, that might have been one of the best live shows they've done so far.

"I bet they're miserable upstairs" "We're fine!"
"We're better off down here." Barbra's making brownies!"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The scooby-doo reference out of nowhere was the best laugh getter of the night though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

The scooby-doo reference out of nowhere was the best laugh getter of the night though.

That looks like it might have been ad-libbed since it basically killed Bill for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Great riff. Great movie too (it was my first time watching it).
Anyone look at the goodies yet? I hope the Norman short is one of them.

• Locked thread