Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah kind of curious where they're gonna go now that she's not pursuing Green Arrow and doesn't blame him but blames herself.

Glad that arc is over with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

muscles like this? posted:

I really hope Detective Lance actually has figured out that Oliver Queen is the Arrow and just doesn't feel like mentioning it.

That would be great.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Hollis posted:

Yeah kind of curious where they're gonna go now that she's not pursuing Green Arrow and doesn't blame him but blames herself.

Glad that arc is over with.

Training with her sister to become the new Black Canary, obv.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
drat!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
:tviv:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
gently caress FUUUUUUUUCK gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
HOLY gently caress

RAS AL loving GHUL

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
WHAT.

R'AS.

WHOA.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
HOLY poo poo! Was not expecting this at loving all.

RAS AL GHUL!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I thought that was Merlynn. Way to cocktease, Arrow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

THE AMAZO

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

jscolon2.0 posted:

Well, at least know we probably know where he trained.

Also, joining the :tviv: bandwagon.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Woah that loving preview!! Man in a Mask!, Skull Mask who the gently caress could that be?

3rd Episode and we already get League of Shadow, Ras Al Ghul. Slade turning (getting blinded/ face burned/ whatever).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

This motherfucking show is way better than it has any right to be.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Guess we have confirmation of the man who gave Merlynn life direction.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ra's Al Ghul.
RA'S AL GHUL.

This episode, god drat.
I love how fast everything's moving along.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, really surprised that they're introducing the League of Shadows,but also really happy.

I'm really happy they dumped that "I am hunting the Arrow" side plot.

So far we've got

League of Shadows
Ras Al Ghul
Bronze Tiger
Slade becoming Slade

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Hollis posted:

Woah that loving preview!! Man in a Mask!, Skull Mask who the gently caress could that be?

My first thought is Black Mask, but he's more associated with Batman.

Then again, so is Ra's.

EDIT: Comedy option: The Atomic Skull.

Technogeek fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 24, 2013

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Could be just Brother Bloods disguise. And I love that the League of Shadows is apparently becoming a thing on the show, there are tons of great chaarcters that fit right into the tone of the show.

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

Aw man, why they gotta pronounce Ra's the Nolan way

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Channel 52, The Amazo. Little inconsequential name drops in geeky shows must be fun for the writers. Of more consequence, I am still disappointed that Ombudsman Blood is not Jason Blood.

Good episode, though I hope this female vigilante can prove to be a better actress than the Huntress.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I missed the first 20 minutes of the show, what happened?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Johnnie5 posted:

The defense attorney sounded really familiar but I couldn't place her. Anybody recognize her?

She seems like someone who would bring a flame thrower to a friends house and Cheers entire premise was an addict owning and operating a bar.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:tviv: this episode. I mean goddamn. Especially Laurel admitting it was her own fault that Tommy died.

also

Robotnik DDS posted:

Aw man, why they gotta pronounce Ra's the Nolan way

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 24, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This loving show man I swear to god :stare:

e: If this show can get Dylan Bruce then can they please get Tatiana Maslany too?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Man, this show just doesn't stop with the quality. I'm really impressed.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Started off bad rear end and just continued.

loving Arrow is too good for CW.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I can't be the only one who has never, does not, and will not ever care about Ollie's island adventures. It's such a drag for the rest of the show. Every time I see the start of an island scene I think "great, there goes a minute of screen time for the actual show".

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is it just me or does the CW tend to have action shows that just ramp the loving plot up.

You know... Besides smallville

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Shakugan posted:

I can't be the only one who has never, does not, and will not ever care about Ollie's island adventures. It's such a drag for the rest of the show. Every time I see the start of an island scene I think "great, there goes a minute of screen time for the actual show".

The island plot got boring to me last year when it was a cycle of Oliver getting captured and then getting away in one way or another. When something actually happens, the island plot is worth it. I'd say tonight qualifies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Shakugan posted:

I dunno if you skip through and watch them sequentially it's actually really good. I wished they'd give that as a option on the DVD set >:(

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I still can't believe that both Ollie and Slade ran across a field with shells dropping on it. I mean, what exactly did they think they were going to accomplish? Ollie wasn't thinking, but what's Slade's excuse?

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

It would be a good move seven episodes from now or whatever if they casually dropped that of course Lance knows who Ollie is.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's pretty much a Batman and Commissioner relationship. He'll never admit to knowing who he is probably.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Robotnik DDS posted:

It would be a good move seven episodes from now or whatever if they casually dropped that of course Lance knows who Ollie is.

He did hang out a little too much with the Arrow not to suspect something.

Anyway, during the whole Slade gets injured scene I noticed they did something kind of interesting in the effects department. Instead of faking Manu's head being on fire through CG they just lit his hands on fire and he held them up in front of his head.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

muscles like this? posted:

Anyway, during the whole Slade gets injured scene I noticed they did something kind of interesting in the effects department. Instead of faking Manu's head being on fire through CG they just lit his hands on fire and he held them up in front of his head.

I saw his hands on fire, but I didn't think that we the audience were supposed to think his HEAD was on fire. I guess that's a comic thing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's not a comics thing, this is new. Or at least I don't think it is a comics thing that I can remember. He's blind in one eye in the comics that's about it.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So Merlyn's archer outfit was basically a uniform and not something he designed for himself?

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, it's League of Shadows official gear.

Getting on board the :tviv: bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Fantastic episode, although I really, really hope that they do something with the fact that Lance got to talk to, be around, and at various points stand directly next to Ollie without apparently recognizing him. I'm fine with it if it was just for this episode or if it turns out that Lance realized it was Ollie long ago, but having Lance not recognize him while being around him for that long would just be too drat silly. We'll see what happens I guess.

• Locked thread