Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Борщ beef stew, because I already know how to make fried chicken for the masses and gently caress if I'm going to willingly make it ever again.

Also, what the gently caress PETA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Beef Stew because it's delicious.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
Beef stew, just barely over fried chicken/cornbread. To be frank, I'd say just skip the poll next time around and do whichever comes in second place here, because both are excellent options.

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Make some Beef Stew already!

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Frankly, I feel more sorry for the turkey once Mama decides she loves it. I mean, look at it's eyes. It's saying, "save me." At least the dead turkey can't feel pain anymore.

A tofu turkey? That's what you suggest to make instead for Thanksgiving? Okay, at least it's not Tofurky (which is gross, don't eat it), but why not a nice butternut squash bake? Or any other vegetable dish, really?

...also, Fried Chicken, because cornbread is awesome.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Gonna toss a vote in for Fried Chicken just in case.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Beef Stew.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Was almost hoping you'd cut to cutting up a rubber chicken turkey after the flash when I saw the update banner.

Gonna go for Beef Stew.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I could go for some beef stew

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dickey Butts posted:

The biggest trick is to use day old rice. Everything else is absolutely secondary to that.

Day old rice? Now that's setting off several yellow flags in my head, because day old rice.

Also, my vote's for fried chicken. I want my properly fried poultry dammit.

Sosogomi
Jun 1, 2011
I love how PETA thinks that NOBODY HAS EVER HELPED PREPARE DINNER EVER.

Also, beef stew, with some big ol' potatoes!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

widespread posted:

Day old rice? Now that's setting off several yellow flags in my head, because day old rice.

That has been refrigerated jeez! But it's true, any place you've gotten good fried rice has used leftover white rice.

That PETA game made me hungry for bird. Fried chicken.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
How did I know that...thing was going to come up at some point?

Also, fried rice. Preferably with Chinese sausage.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Beef Stew. I was tempted by the Fried Chicken, but C of E airlines had run out of that, cake, and death, so that was the only sane option.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Yo I wasn't expecting Beef Stew to come up again, go do that. It was just unlucky to go against meatloaf last time.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Yo I wasn't expecting Beef Stew to come up again, go do that. It was just unlucky to go against meatloaf last time.

Howsabout beef stew AND cornbread? It does work ever so well.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fry that Chicken

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
I'll throw a vote in for Fried Rice it's my favorite out of the given list. Not by much, mind, but still my favorite.

AutistTree
Mar 28, 2010
Autumn is the season for Beefstew

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

Missing Name posted:

Борщ beef stew, because I already know how to make fried chicken for the masses and gently caress if I'm going to willingly make it ever again.

My vote is also beef stew for exactly this reason. After making it almost every day for a year, I'm so tired of fried chicken.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Let's go with the fried chicken/cornbread wonder combo.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
If beef stew does win, get Slowbeef in on the video.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Beef Stew, I don't want to see people frying without a fryer, because then I will try frying without a fryer, and that is bad.

mozman
Nov 3, 2010
Fried chicken because I'm Australian and have no idea what the hell cornbread is.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm gonna go with Beef Stew.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

mozman posted:

I'm Australian and have no idea what the hell cornbread is.

It's as if you were making regular bread, only to realize "Holy gently caress, I don't have enough wheat flour to complete this, better use what's in this can. Corn [ok, MAIZE] flour? That'll do." You don't usually knead it or use yeast. And gently caress if you add more than a dash of sugar, because then you'll end up with cornCAKE, not cornBREAD. Sweeten it after it's baked, you drat Yankees.

Mico, if you end up making this:

I just might start screaming.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Voting cornbread. With a side of fried chicken, if you must.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Sweet cornbread is Southern Treason almost on the level of secession. It's savory corn bread or burn Atlanta again. :colbert:

Pfefferbao
Jun 1, 2011
Beef stew dangit.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Missing Name posted:

Corn [ok, MAIZE] flour?

Is that for the benefit of Australians? 'Cause I'd always known it as cornflour; it's sold as cornflour at the shops, even.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Fried Chicken with Cornbread.

There are a number of good cornbread recipes. Like Missing Name said some of them are more cake then bread, but those are still an awesome desert (especially the ones heavy on vanilla).

Never had corn bread with corn kernels in it, but I hear that's a thing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm voting Fried Chicken because I'm a fat midwesterner.

Demonia
Oct 12, 2008

Please don't throw me away!
It's the season for getting quite nippy. Whether or not it's the recipe with the beer in it, I vote for Beef Stew, and hell. Make cornbread with it because that's good for soups and stews too.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Beef Stew, hell yah. And make some cornbread with jalepeno in it :getin:

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

CatsPajamas posted:

Never had corn bread with corn kernels in it, but I hear that's a thing.
Corn bread with corn kernels in it is the worst thing.

I do vote for beef stew with corn bread on the side because they go together great.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Beef stew. Maybe with a little cabbage or beetroot in it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Beef stew is boring. What you should really be doing is venison stew. Live a little!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Beef stew!

If you do fried chicken though I will loving shank you if you put corn kernels in the corn bread.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
That is a thing a terrorist would do.

Ed: [/butt solidarity]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Missing Name posted:

It's as if you were making regular bread, only to realize "Holy gently caress, I don't have enough wheat flour to complete this, better use what's in this can. Corn [ok, MAIZE] flour? That'll do." You don't usually knead it or use yeast. And gently caress if you add more than a dash of sugar, because then you'll end up with cornCAKE, not cornBREAD. Sweeten it after it's baked, you drat Yankees.

If you put sugar in cornbread at all there's something wrong with you. :colbert:

• Locked thread