Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Uthor posted:

Natasha sure is efficient.

Avengers 11

Is that Cannonball and Sunspot in the Avengers? :allears: I pretty much gave up on keeping up on Marvel comics after the whole Hope thing kind of derailed New Mutants into a bunch of tie ins and I remembered why I stopped the first time. Is Avengers worth reading right now?

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Yup. They're Hickman's "they're Avengers because I like them" characters.

Incidentally, their "working the secondary AIM agents" turned out to be "taking them out to bars and strip clubs until they're drunk enough to spill the beans."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Prison Warden posted:

Is that Cannonball and Sunspot in the Avengers?

Yes. I don't know anything about them before the Avengers run but they're a pretty solid funny duo I think. They joined the Avengers because it comes with respect and adoration unlike the hated X of the X-men.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Incidentally, their "working the secondary AIM agents" turned out to be "taking them out to bars and strip clubs until they're drunk enough to spill the beans."

Hey if it works, it works. No need to complicate matters.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Senior Woodchuck posted:

To wit:

It works, too!

Then, in a scene I couldn't seem to GIS, they convince the AIM dudes to work for them and send them information on AIM's plans by virtue of the fact that Sunspot is rich, and the AIM guys like them better than their bosses because they're cool dudes.

It has been my favorite single Avengers scene in Hickman's run.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sources unknown.

Almost as bad as when people call Robin Dick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think Sunspot just eventually puts them on his payroll. Not the Avengers payroll, his own private one.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Sunspot is wealthy enough to have been an inner circle member of the Hellfire Club. Having him solve problems by dropping fliff like a sultan is completely in character.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Was he always rich? I seem to recall he was on government payroll as a member of X-Factor (X-force?)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CzarChasm posted:

Was he always rich? I seem to recall he was on government payroll as a member of X-Factor (X-force?)

He was on X-Force and was a wanted terrorist at one point.

Entertainer13
Apr 25, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

A rich person on the government payroll? Naw, never happen...

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

X-Force were considered terrorists most of the time and someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's been on X-Factor? Also he originally left the New Mutants just prior to them becoming X-Force to run his dad's business.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CzarChasm posted:

His dad was crazy rich while Bobby ran around as a member of X-Force back in the day. I want to say his dad was a member of the Hellfire Club who then died.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

And they helped this guy with his lesson plan

The next time I see Larry Hama I'm going to have him teach me at least one of the 18 ways to kill a man with a stapler.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

SynthOrange posted:

I think Sunspot just eventually puts them on his payroll. Not the Avengers payroll, his own private one.

Yeah - like I said, I (sadly) couldn't find that panel, but he basically just says "Work for me, dudes! I'm rich! Rich, baby!" and the AIM guys say "yeah, that could work."

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yeah - like I said, I (sadly) couldn't find that panel, but he basically just says "Work for me, dudes! I'm rich! Rich, baby!" and the AIM guys say "yeah, that could work."

The digital copy thing Marvel is doing is pretty sweet:

Of course, still from Avengers #11.

EDIT: It appears you never know what happens to Doug.

IUG fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 23, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

IUG posted:

The digital copy thing Marvel is doing is pretty sweet:

Of course, still from Avengers #11.

EDIT: It appears you never know what happens to Doug.

Around Bobby DeCosta, Dougs have an unfortunate habit of being shot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Too soon! :qq:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doug Ramsey was killed again?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This shirt, from Wolverine & The X-Men 37, really cracked me up for some reason

Quentin Quire is a hipster's hipster.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

I need to know what the context was to warrant this expression. It's gotta be something besides "Watched VMA's."

She's standing out-of-frame when Herc is going all retro-Olympian in the AA previously posted.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Hakkesshu posted:

This shirt, from Wolverine & The X-Men 37, really cracked me up for some reason

Quentin Quire is a hipster's hipster.

if Marvel started selling all of Quentin Quire's T-shirts I'd have to get a new closet to fit them all.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bravest Warriors #13 makes a Warriors reference.
Too obvious?

Edit: Burn!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So what I'm seeing here is they're fighting the Metal Men?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

So what I'm seeing here is they're fighting the Metal Men?

Yup, the "state at room temperature" clinched that. Then a Keaton Batman refrence with the "toys" line.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Soonmot posted:

Yup, the "state at room temperature" clinched that. Then a Keaton Batman refrence with the "toys" line.

And almost an Avengers reference with the "post-battle burritos" line.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

To wit:

It works, too!

Then, in a scene I couldn't seem to GIS, they convince the AIM dudes to work for them and send them information on AIM's plans by virtue of the fact that Sunspot is rich, and the AIM guys like them better than their bosses because they're cool dudes.

It has been my favorite single Avengers scene in Hickman's run.

I had both sunspot and cannonball sound like Archer in my head reading those pages.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Daredevil #32

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Daredevil #32

To be honest I could probably just post every single page from that issue.
I might.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Uncanny Avengers 13 got a lot of mileage this week out of a silly gag. For those of you not following, the Apocalypse twins have done the whole 4 Horsemen schtick and brought back 4 people to fight the Avengers. One was Banshee, who Havok and Wasp manage to beat, but Captain America got blasted earlier.

So for the rest of the issue, Steve wanders around yelling and repeating others because he can't hear. Some highlights:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's like Cap is Rob from Tails Gets Trolled. I even read his lines like they were spoken by Rob in the motion comics.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I was hearing Thornton Reed from Darkplace myself.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

It's like Cap is Rob from Tails Gets Trolled. I even read his lines like they were spoken by Rob in the motion comics.

The cowl almost makes it look like Cap doesn't have loving ears.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Why is Catwoman kissing Bullseye?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Prison Warden posted:

Why is Catwoman kissing Bullseye?

Because Havok is cursed to never have a decent costume.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'll just post this unrelated panel of unknown source.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

That little lip bite on Havok in the last panel kills me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Cabbit posted:

:frogout: That costume is classic. Combined with his powers, it's beautiful in its simplicity.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Lurdiak posted:

Daredevil #32

Please post the racism savings time , that a got a good solid laugh out of me. Surprised at the lack of FF in this thread :(. It was so good.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Take that back. :colbert:

• Locked thread