Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Gutcruncher posted:

So would Canadian Judge forever take Regular Judge's place? Id be ok with that.

Hell no. You'd find him innocent of course. People die, empires rise and fall, landscapes erode, continents shift, even stars eventually fade away, but the Judge will always be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

So would Canadian Judge forever take Regular Judge's place? Id be ok with that.

I'm not sure how I feel about that :v:

Farecoal posted:

Actually what I really want is to have the Judge as a defendant.

That reminds me of 2-5 where you're questioning de Killer about requesting a hit and the Judge just freaks the gently caress out.

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 24, 2013

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Hace posted:

For some reason I kind of weirdly respect Capcom for not constantly putting in Maya's character over and and over again, she had a full arc and didn't need to develop any more than that. It seems almost seems like more of an act of restraint on Capcom's part, personally.

The thing is, she's always been Phoenix's closest friend and she was the only missing character even referenced in AJ because she's just that important. Having her missing is completely out of character for her whether she's important to the plot or not. Honestly, they could have just had her crash on Nick's couch watching Steel Samurai reruns without any explanation and that would have been just fine.

"Don't you have a village to run or something?"
"Nah, taking a break. What's for dinner?"

If Capcom needed restraint, they could have left out Klavier, but he's back despite being a completely useless character.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Capcom didnt even have Maya in the flashback segment. I can understand her not being there in the present, she might have other responsibilities by that point, but back in the old days I couldnt see her not being there to help

Edit: Another thing that baffles me about the flashback, they decided to use the old GBA graphics for everything they could. I understand they did it for nostalgia purposes, but it just looked jarring and ugly as hell.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
It's kind of amazing that Phoenix is supposed to be all poor despite having tons of friends, one who is a wealthy prosecutor and one who's a movie star, you'd think he'd have somewhere to go.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Gutcruncher posted:

Capcom didnt even have Maya in the flashback segment. I can understand her not being there in the present, she might have other responsibilities by that point, but back in the old days I couldnt see her not being there to help

I got the implication they still hung out from time to time even around Apollo Justice's timeline. Maya's continues absences are especially disappointing because it seems like every assistant after is just a clone of her with minor differences.

Meanwhile if Gumshoe's not in Dual Destinies then I'm going to be really disappointed, pal...

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I just woke up and the fact that it still isn't available is an affront to justice!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Oh poo poo! Eshop says a game on my wishlist came out!

GUESS WHAT GAME IT ISNT!

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

GUESS WHAT GAME IT ISNT!

I got the same thing, but the only other game on my list is already available.

I think Nintendo is messing with us.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Gutcruncher posted:

GUESS WHAT GAME IT ISNT!

Haha, the exact same thing happened to me and Phoenix Wright is the only game on my wishlist. Strangely enough, there's a "new" icon over Phoenix Wright right now even though you can't buy the game yet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/393278588054536192

Your move Capcom and Nintendo. :colbert:

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

Suspicious Cook posted:

If Capcom needed restraint, they could have left out Klavier, but he's back despite being a completely useless character.

Hrrrrrrrrm, At first I was extremely irritated seeing this (the Gavin brothers are by far the worst part of Apollo Justice, even if Klavier isn't so much awful as he is boring) But with Appollo not just playing proxy for Phoenix in court this time, it might actually lead to an interesting confrontation. It'd be REALLY cathartic if Appollo actually get's to pull off a proper turnabout on him to show how much he's grown. Of course, as far as I know he's not even going to be a guest prosecutor and will just rock up to be a sleazey pretty-boy over everything again and bog everything down, but I'd like to think that he'll justify his presence somehow.

Really bummed that he'll be cameoing but it looks like Ema is nowhere to be seen. What's the point of bringing him back without the straight-man that made his out of court antics tolerable?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
He needs to straight up become Raiden. Both in the lovely character the fans all hated who overcompensates by trying too hard to be awesome and becoming a literal cyborg ninja.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Austrian mook posted:

He needs to straight up become Raiden. Both in the lovely character the fans all hated who overcompensates by trying too hard to be awesome and becoming a literal cyborg ninja.

Hes already got a band to play his rockin soundtrack. Why not

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Considering that Appollo's appearance in the first case of the game is a pretty obvious homage to MG Rising, I think it's safe to say that the chances he'll pull a Raiden and steal our hearts in Dual Destinies are pretty high

Spoilering because hey, why not play it safe?

Oh wait, were you talking about Klavier? Because I'd prefer it if he became a direct parallel to Vamp in this game if we're running with the MG comparison :v:

The Divine Orator fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 24, 2013

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What the gently caress is Klavier going to do? We have Edgeworth and a loving awesome as hell new prosecutor, along side :swoon: Payne for the introductory case. He doesn't even have Ema to flirt with, and that was the best drat part of AA4. I have no clue what role he's going to play, maybe this game ends up a cluttered mess. :ohdear:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Klavier will finish what he began in AA4 and just be a defense attorney.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Pope Guilty posted:

Klavier will finish what he began in AA4 and just be a defense attorney.

We'll have 4 to cycle throughout the game then! :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It almost feels like they're only including Apollo Justice characters now because they have to. I'm assuming Klavier will show up briefly and then take off.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Did we ever hear back on the buisness of Phoenix's girlfriend?

George Lazenby
Jan 12, 2007

It's 30 minutes 'til Friday, where the hell is my game?!?!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Looks like you can buy it now. The "Purchase Software" button's there on my end at least! :toot:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Dual Destinies is now available to actually buy.

e;fb

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yep, downloading now. 4435 blocks :toot:

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

So it's out now? Great!

It's been too long since I played a Phoenix Wright game. Can't wait to download it when I get home from work.

Edit: Oh, wait, not in North America yet, I guess.

Nick Biped fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 24, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not showing as available for me. :(

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I still don't see the purchase button. Why are you all lying to me :(

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Downloading now!

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
It's out in Europe, no idea about US.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Europe!!! :argh:

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah, it's out in Australia too. Sorry, man.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Why the hell did this game even have a street date? It's only available from a single source, there are no retailers to piss off! Outdated business models! :argh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Seemingly available everywhere but America for the next 3 hours. Oh well.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
:woop: This thing can't download fast enough. Gotta grapple with my glacial download speeds...

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
Oh yes, it's done. Not going to sleep for a while.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's going up everywhere when the eshop does its Thursday update. This is standard procedure and nothing to freak out about.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Regy Rusty posted:

It's going up everywhere when the eshop does its Thursday update. This is standard procedure and nothing to freak out about.

Man I just want to play it a bit before I go to work and come home and have both this and Batman waiting for me.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Man, the high quality of the cutscenes really makes me wish there was full voice acting like Zero Escape. Maybe it'd be weird during cross examinations and such, but still.

Duel
Jan 27, 2005

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55629/features/interview-shu-takumi-on-the-making-of-phoenix-wright-ghost-trick-and-more/?page=1

Here's an interesting snippet from an interview with Shu that was published today:

quote:

MC: With Ace Attorney 5 and Ace Attorney Investigations how does it feel to see your characters in the hands of other Capcom employees? We imagine it must be like a parent sending their child to school for the first day.

ST: That's an apt comparison. I do have mixed feelings about it sometimes. For instance, I was really surprised to see that after we focused on the new character of Apollo in the fourth game, the Dual Destinies team decided to bring Phoenix back. Ultimately, though, having creators other than myself take the helm of the series is a valid choice, as it brings new directions and new story possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Saying they 'focused' on Appollo has to have been sarcastic right :v:

Downloaded the game, it's kind of cathartic to hear people groan when Europe get's an incredibly minor early release considering the absurd 3-6 months Nintendo makes us wait for most 3ds titles

Edit: Holy cow, this game is gorgeous.

The Divine Orator fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 24, 2013

• Locked thread