Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010
I tried adding an entry for the Elemental Pact to the Hybrid Warlock class, but it will not add the Pact Boon power when I have the at-will Chromatic Bolt and take the proper Hybrid Talent option for Pact Boon.

I tacked this onto the end of the hybrid.part file:

code:
   <RulesElement name="Elemental Pact" type="CountsAsPact" internal-id="ID_UNDR_COUNTSASPACT_ELEMENTAL_PACT" source="Heroes of the Elemental Chaos">
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Elemental Pact" type="CountsAsFeature" internal-id="ID_UNDR_COUNTSASFEATURE_ELEMENTAL_PACT" source="Heroes of the Elemental Chaos">
   </RulesElement>
   <RulesElement name="Elemental Pact (Hybrid)" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_UNDR_CLASS_FEATURE_ELEMENTAL_PACT_(HYBRID)" source="Heroes of the Elemental Chaos">
      <Category> Hybrid Pact </Category>
      <specific name="Short Description"> Warlock pact minus the at-will attack power and pact boon </specific>
      <specific name="_SupportsID"> ID_FMP_CLASS_FEATURE_1844 </specific>
      <rules>
         <grant name="ID_UNDR_COUNTSASPACT_ELEMENTAL_PACT" type="CountsAsPact" />
         <grant name="ID_UNDR_COUNTSASFEATURE_ELEMENTAL_PACT" type="CountsAsFeature" />
         <grant name="ID_INTERNAL_INTERNAL_MATCHED_WARLOCK_PACT" type="Internal" requires="Chromatic Bolt" />
      </rules>
This feature is the same as the non-hybrid pact, except you do not gain the at-will attack power nor the pact boon.
   </RulesElement>
From what I can tell, I did this exactly the same as the other hybrid pact options. What did I miss?

EDIT: So, I guess this forum is dead, then? It's a shame, really. :(

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
@Undrhil, try encapsulating your mod inside a <D20Rules game-system="D&D4E"></D20Rules> set of tags and save it as a separate file in the directory where the rest of the CB files live. My scientific wild-arsed guess is that it's not being processed correctly when tacked onto the end of an existing file.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I should probably do the new items in Dragon 425.

Undrhil
Dec 24, 2010

Kitsap Charles posted:

@Undrhil, try encapsulating your mod inside a <D20Rules game-system="D&D4E"></D20Rules> set of tags and save it as a separate file in the directory where the rest of the CB files live. My scientific wild-arsed guess is that it's not being processed correctly when tacked onto the end of an existing file.

This did not make any difference. The option shows up in the list of pacts for the hybrid Warlock, I can select the at-will power Chromatic Bolt and then select the Hybrid Talent feat and the option for the Pact power shows up as a hybrid talent option. However, when I select this option, I am not given the pact boon power.

EDIT: EUREKA! I have done it! Here is a link to the file I made Elemental_Pact_Hybrid.part. Basically, there was one more piece of code that I had to change to add a link between the pact boon reward and the class feature. Also, I have corrected a mistake in the Sorcerer-King Pact (Hybrid) entry.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8019814/Elemental%20Pact%20Hybrid.part

Undrhil fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 27, 2013

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Does the modified builder work on a Mac? I scanned the thread but didn't find anything about it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Volatile Penguin posted:

Does the modified builder work on a Mac? I scanned the thread but didn't find anything about it.

No.

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship

To clarify, it runs on a Dot Net framework, and can't be emulated with MONO, therefore it's incompatible.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011

Undrhil posted:

This did not make any difference. The option shows up in the list of pacts for the hybrid Warlock, I can select the at-will power Chromatic Bolt and then select the Hybrid Talent feat and the option for the Pact power shows up as a hybrid talent option. However, when I select this option, I am not given the pact boon power.

EDIT: EUREKA! I have done it! Here is a link to the file I made Elemental_Pact_Hybrid.part. Basically, there was one more piece of code that I had to change to add a link between the pact boon reward and the class feature. Also, I have corrected a mistake in the Sorcerer-King Pact (Hybrid) entry.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8019814/Elemental%20Pact%20Hybrid.part

E-mail it to dudes@cbloader.com

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Also, trying to figure out what the best way is to do the Unearthed Arcana powers from Dragon 425. Any thoughts?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Hey guys. I'm switching over to the old character builder since my D&D Insider account is expiring in a couple of days. What files do I need to get up to date with what's been officially released?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
So I'm doing the themes from Dragon 426, but I've run into a snag with one of them: the Courtier theme requires you to be trained in Diplomacy, but when I use <Prereqs> ID_SKILL_6 </Prereqs> the theme simply doesn't show up at all, even after training Diplomacy.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

So I'm doing the themes from Dragon 426, but I've run into a snag with one of them: the Courtier theme requires you to be trained in Diplomacy, but when I use <Prereqs> ID_SKILL_6 </Prereqs> the theme simply doesn't show up at all, even after training Diplomacy.

Try ID_FMP_SKILL_6 instead.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Well, the theme is showing up now, but it's now always showing up even when I don't have Diplomacy trained.

EDIT: Turns out the solution was one of those things that was so simple that I didn't even consider it, because I was expecting something more complicated: <Prereqs> trained in Diplomacy </Prereqs>

Dark_T_Zeratul fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 30, 2013

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is it possible to add an item to a set and have the set grant relevant powers and bonuses? I'm trying to add a tweaked pair of boots and a weapon to the Gifts for the Queen set. It's effectively going to be the 5th item for the set bonus to resistances, but it's not triggering when I equip the items. The damage bonus applies right since it's just a variable, but it's not applying the bonus resistance. I figure it only counts items in the set's actual block, but I was hoping to avoid having to copy and rebuild the entire drat thing.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
So I'm trying to do a custom theme for a game I'm in and I'm trying to add alternate attack powers but they don't show up in the power selection screen unless I turn on show illegal elements. The At-Will powers also don't show up in the Theme description but the encounter and daily powers do so I'm just wondering if it's actually possible for Themes to provide alternate attack powers and not just utility powers.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Can you post your code?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It looks like the Binding Initiate feat needs to be fixed so warlocks can't take it. More specifically, I think the prereqs line needs to be amended as follows.

quote:

<Prereqs> ~MULTICLASS or Unlimited Multiclass or Warlock CountsAsClass; !ID_FMP_CLASS_7; !ID_FMP_HYBRID_CLASS_358; !ID_FMP_CLASS_793; !ID_FMP_CLASS_821 </Prereqs>

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Can you post your code?

Here is my Theme Code

code:
<RulesElement name="Shadowmancer" type="Theme" internal-id="ID_WSH_THEME_1" source="Warhammer" revision-date="10/9/2013">
      <Prereqs> Wizard or Psion </Prereqs>
      <print-prereqs> Wizard or Psion </print-prereqs>
      <Flavor> "A Wizard of the Grey Order, from the Imperial Colleges of Magic." </Flavor>
      <specific name="Role"> ID_FMP_ROLE_1 </specific>
      <specific name="Power Source"> ID_FMP_POWER_SOURCE_2 </specific>
      <specific name="Power Name"> Spells </specific>
      <specific name="Creating"/>
      <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_WSH_POWER_101,ID_WSH_POWER_102,ID_WSH_POWER_103,ID_WSH_POWER_104,ID_WSH_POWER_105,ID_WSH_POWER_106 </specific>
       <rules>
       </rules>
   A Wizard of the Grey Order, from the Imperial Colleges of Magic.
   </RulesElement>
And here are some of the powers

code:
<RulesElement name="Shadow Knives (Warhammer)" type="Power" internal-id="ID_WSH_POWER_101" source="Warhammer" revision-date="7/9/2013" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_AT-WILL_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_0,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_8,
      ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1</Category>
      <Prereqs> Shadowmancer </Prereqs>
      <Flavor> You summon a swarm of knives created from the shadows to hurl at your foe's mind and slice at their consciousness. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Power Usage"> At-Will </specific>
      <specific name="Display"> Shadowmancer Attack 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Force, Implement </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Ranged 5 </specific>
      <specific name="Target"> One creature </specific>
      <specific name="Attack"> Intelligence +1 vs. Will </specific>
      <specific name="Hit"> 1d10 + Intelligence modifier force damage. </specific>
      <specific name="_ThemePower"> ID_WSH_THEME_1 </specific>
      <specific name="Class"> ID_WSH_THEME_1 </specific>
      <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Power Type"> Attack </specific>
      <specific name="Prerequisite"> Shadowmancer </specific>
   </RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Pit of Shades" type="Power" internal-id="ID_WSH_POWER_104" source="Warhammer" revision-date="7/9/2013" >
      <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_DAILY_USAGE,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_THEME_POWER,ID_FMP_CLASS_0,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_31,
      ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_39,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_25,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION,1</Category>
      <Prereqs> Shadowmancer </Prereqs>
      <Flavor> You open a portal to a realm of shades beneath the feet of your foes. Shadowy arms reach out and feed on the fear they induce in their victims. </Flavor>
      <specific name="Power Usage"> Daily </specific>
      <specific name="Display"> Shadowmancer Attack 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Keywords"> Arcane, Necrotic, Zone, Implement </specific>
      <specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action </specific>
      <specific name="Attack Type"> Area burst 1 within 5 squares </specific>
      <specific name="Target"> Each creature in burst (except caster) </specific>
      <specific name="Attack"> Intelligence +1 vs. Will </specific>
      <specific name="Hit"> 3d8 + Intelligence modifier necrotic damage. </specific>
      <specific name="Effect"> Shadowy arms reach out in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. 
      Any creature, except the caster, that starts their turn in the zone must pass a Will test or fall prone and take an additional 1d8 + Intelligence modifier necrotic damage.</specific>
      <specific name="Sustain Minor"> The zone persists until the end of your next turn. </specific>
      <specific name="_ThemePower"> ID_WSH_THEME_1 </specific>
      <specific name="Class"> ID_WSH_THEME_1 </specific>
      <specific name="Level"> 1 </specific>
      <specific name="Prerequisite"> Shadowmancer </specific>
   </RulesElement>

I've tried messing around with the class codes in the category section but no dice.

Edit: Fixed table breakage.

Edit2: So after messing about with a new character I've found that the At-Wills show up in the list but the encounter and daily powers do not.

dPB fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 13, 2013

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
So I'm trying to add the new Soul Binder paragon path from Dragon 427. It's working fine, except that I want to display the Bound Soul summon as a power card, and for some reason it's not showing up. Anyone know what I'm missing?

code:
<RulesElement name="Call Bound Soul" type="Class Feature" internal-id="ID_DRAG427_PATH_11P" source="Dragon 427" revision-date="9/19/2013 12:00 AM">
    <Category> 11 </Category>
    <Flavor> By exerting your will, you force the soul you have bound into the physical world to aid you in battle. </Flavor>
    <specific name="Short Description"> Gain the call bound soul power </specific>
    <specific name="Level"> 11 </specific>
    <specific name="Powers"> ID_DRAG427_POWER_11 </specific>
    <specific name="Type"> Encounter </specific>
    <specific name="Class"> ID_DRAG427_PARAGON </specific>
    <specific name="_DisplayPowers"> ID_DRAG427_POWER_11 </specific>
    <rules>
      <grant name="ID_DRAG427_POWER_11" type="Power" />
	<grant name="ID_DRAG427_SOUL" type="Power"/>
    </rules>
You gain the call bound soul power.
</RulesElement>

<RulesElement name="Bound Soul" type="Power" internal-id="ID_DRAG427_SOUL" source="Dragon 427" revision-date="9/19/2013 12:00 AM">
  <Prereqs> Unselectable </Prereqs>
  <Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ATTACK,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE,ID_DRAG427_PARAGON,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_32,ID_FMP_CATEGORY_51,ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_MINOR_ACTION,11 </Category>
  <specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
  <specific name="Keywords"> Divine, Summoning </specific>
  <specific name="Statistics"> Medium shadow humanoid (undead), Speed 6 </specific>
  <specific name="Hit Points"> (your healing surge value) </specific>
  <specific name="Healing Surges"> None, but you can lose a healing surge for the soul if an effect allows it to spend one. </specific>
  <specific name="Defenses"> Your defenses, not including any temporary bonuses or penalties </specific>
  <specific name="Traits"> Insubstantial: The soul takes half damage from all damage sources, except those that deal force damage. </specific>
  <specific name="Mists of Pluton"> (Aura 1)
The soul and its allies in the aura have partial concealment. </specific>
  <specific name="Standard Action"> (At-Will)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); your level + 5 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d10 + your intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma necrotic and radiant damage.
Level 21: 2d10 + your intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma necrotic and radiant damage.</specific>
  <specific name="Minor Action"> (At-Will)
Effect: The soul walks, shifts, runs, stands up, squeezes, or crawls. </specific>
  <specific name="Opportunity Action"> (At-Will)
Trigger: An enemy hits you with a melee attack while you are adjacent to the soul.
Effect: The soul can push the triggering enemy 1 square.
Level 21: The soul pushes the triggering enemy up to 3 squares. </specific>
<specific name="Class"> ID_DRAG427_PARAGON </specific>
</RulesElement>

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
I can't update my loader yet, but has anyone tried to code that UA alternate multiclassing in?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Turns out the problem wasn't with the power, but with the paragon path not granting the right class feature. It's been fixed, and submitted.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm I am finding the Ninefold Master paragon path isn't having the effect on Dragon Breath it should be. It is supposed to make Dragon Breath an Arcane Power for all Arcane classes you have.

I have been messing around with some Dragon Breath builds, and while a straight Sorcerer adds their Sorcerer damage feature, at least with Ancient Soul. As soon as you make a hybrid it no longer gets that damage bonus, even with Hybrid Talent and Ancient Soul. Even with Ninefold Master which specifically makes it a Sorcerer power.

Also I have noticed that even with Ninefold Master, and Ancient Soul to make it not just a Sorcerer/Swordmage Arcane power but also an Arcane Attack power, that the Arcane Sword capstone can't select it as the Swordmage encounter attack power.

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

In case anyone missed it:
    December 2013 brings us the last issues of the Dungeon e-Magazine (Issue #221) and Dragon e-Magazine (Issue #430).
    Starting in March of 2014, the DDI tool set (Character Builder, Adventure Tools and Compendium), will no longer be updated.
    You can still pay for the DDI subscription to use the 4th Edition Online Tools and read the old 4th Edition e-Magazines.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Lol, march of 2014. They're barely updated as it is, not least because there's gently caress-all content.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I wonder if the subscription price will drop...

Greyhawk Fan
Dec 14, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

I wonder if the subscription price will drop...

Many folks have posted on their forums asking this but I have seen no answer yet. Fifth edition may not become part of DDI. I honestly don't expect for Wizards to comment on it until March at the soonest. They probably don't even know what they want to do themselves yet. Their staff is much smaller now then it was when 4E was rolled out. Wizards chose the words "going dark" themselves. I expect them to be quiet for a bit.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010
The "Many-Fingered Gloves" and "Mummified Hand" magic items each indicate that they grant an additional ring slot, into which the PC may equip an additional ring item. However, there does not appear to be any way to actually equip the extra ring(s), either in the Equipped panel on the Shop tab or on the Magic Item Index character sheet panel. Is this hard-coded (and therefore impossible to affect via item coding)? Thank you.

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's hardcoded and impossible to change.

Kitsap Charles
Dec 29, 2010

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

I'm pretty sure it's hardcoded and impossible to change.
That's what I thought, but it never hurts to ask.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Has anyone created a mod to add in more of the mounts that aren't currently available in the builder? Reading through this mount handbook shows there's a bunch of them which aren't purchasable in the builder and it'd be a lot more convenient that way.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I've had a hard time finding this information, but does the offline Charbuilder and CBLoader work alright on Windows 8?

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009

Zweihander01 posted:

I've had a hard time finding this information, but does the offline Charbuilder and CBLoader work alright on Windows 8?

Works fine for me on Win8 and 8.1 64bit

knux911
Nov 21, 2012
A huge thanks to everyone that's been working on this and putting it all together.
Sorry to be a pain, but when I try the search function here, I get a 403 forbidden message.

I've moved to a new laptop recently and I've gone from WinXP-32 to Win7-64. I've installed the OCB to this new machine and it runs fine and merges the part files into the builder.
Except a large part of the content isn't showing up. No extra classes or updates past Players Handbook 2.

CBloader is downloading updates from the web, but none of the content is present in the builder.
What am I doing wrong?

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Did you install the OCB patch?

knux911
Nov 21, 2012

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Did you install the OCB patch?

I did and it looked like it completed successfully. But after you mentioned it. I ran it again but paid closer attention.
It wasn't going into the right folder. After I chose the correct one, all good.
Thank you so much!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Oh hey, I found this thread after stumbling on the last one in archives.

edit: Ok I figured out what was up with the mods in the OP, I'm an idiot.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 12, 2014

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Just submitted a massive .part file with all the stuff from the last three months of Dungeon and Dragon. Once it goes in, let me know if you find anything that's broken and I can fix it; it didn't have time to verify functionality beyond that everything compiles properly.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Just submitted a massive .part file with all the stuff from the last three months of Dungeon and Dragon. Once it goes in, let me know if you find anything that's broken and I can fix it; it didn't have time to verify functionality beyond that everything compiles properly.

Awesome!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dark_T_Zeratul posted:

Thanks for all that you do, it's quite awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_T_Zeratul
Sep 2, 2011
Trying to make a power, and for some reason the builder is adding a -6 penalty to the attack roll that I can't figure out where it's coming from. Any ideas? I've been testing this out with a level 1 half-orc ranger using a longsword. The character has randomly rolled stats and no feats, and the damage IS calculating correctly.

code:
<RulesElement name="Unholy Flames" type="Power" internal-id="ID_DK_POWER_1" source="Syra" revision-date="1/27/2014" >
	<Category> ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_ENCOUNTER_USAGE, ID_FMP_CATEGORY_3, ID_FMP_CATEGORY_12, ID_FMP_CATEGORY_24, ID_INTERNAL_CATEGORY_STANDARD_ACTION</Category>
	<Flavor> Your soul weapon blazes with unholy fire.</Flavor>
	<specific name="Power Usage"> Encounter </specific>
	<specific name="Display"> Death Knight Attack</specific>
	<specific name="Keywords"> Fire, Necrotic, Weapon </specific>
	<specific name="Action Type"> Standard Action</specific>
	<specific name="Attack Type"> Close Burst 2</specific>
	<specific name="Target"> Creatures in burst</specific>
	<specific name="Attack"> Your level + 2 vs. Reflex</specific>
	<specific name="Hit"> 6d8 + Constitution modifier necrotic and fire damage to living creatures; undead creatures within the burst (including you) deal an extra 2d6 fire damage with melee attacks until the end of your next turn.</specific>
	<specific name="Special"> You must be a Death Knight to use this power.</specific>
</RulesElement>

• Locked thread