Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Trujillo posted:

Why does every website's format have to get progressively worse? You can only sort through two previous episodes at a time on earwolf now instead of eight. Ullllllrich! :arghfist:
Why did this happen what did I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I read on the forum that Shots Fired is stopping soon (or it won't be on Earwolf at least) because not enough people are listening. That's a shame, I haven't listened in a while but it's a pretty good podcast

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That sucks. Shots fired is one of my favorite podcasts. I hope they keep it going even without earwolf.

There was an episode a few weeks ago where they were talking about the popularity of running trains on girls in the 90's and how weird it was. I was laughing so goddamn hard.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
That's too bad, I haven't been listening myself but I like NoCanDo a lot.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Did Shots Fired ever get advertisement that wasn't for the Earwolf store or subscribing to iTunes or whatver? A hip hop show seems pretty easy to find advertisers for.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Zsinjeh posted:

yet he still mistook a clear robot voice to be that of a human :colbert:

I thought we all knew Antoine was a cyborg.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Guys. Guys. Nothing busses me up harder than Sean and Hayes saying "So twisted." Not once has it not taken me from zero to guffaws instantly. What I'm saying is I was sad about RSS being gone but Hollywood Handbook is great and somehow even more impenetrable than RSS was. I was so worried it was going to be a more serious talk show but I'm glad Sean and Hayes are just playing their "rich dick" characters a hundo percent of the time. It is RSS in everything but name and the clips they had on the first episode (especially the Don Jon one) were perfect.

Love it.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I agree. But as I said, I'll be in constant fear it'll be cancelled.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest I don't think Hollywood Handbook will be around for long, it's too scary.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Beeez posted:

I agree. But as I said, I'll be in constant fear it'll be cancelled.

Honestly I can't see how it'll last at all, it's such a weird, niche thing, like I said, even more so than RSS was. I'm gonna enjoy every second of it, though.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Hope they can have more of a story beast as a guest next time.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Definetely warming up to it, love work of holics so Blake was a great guest. Hope the rest of the crew will be on!

Still a bit bummed about the soundclips. An actor speaking at an award or a scripted line is never going to outshine the off the cuff line of "I HAVE A BMW, A MONSTER TRUCK, A HOUSE AND 30 COMPANIES SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIICK"

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'm not sure I agree, celebrities are just as narcissistic and earnestly clueless as reality show stars.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yannick_B posted:

Hope they can have more of a story beast as a guest next time.

I disagree. Joke hounds are the unsung heroes in bussin people up.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Beeez posted:

I'm not sure I agree, celebrities are just as narcissistic and earnestly clueless as reality show stars.
Really? Are you guys forgetting the soundclips of when they had the one-armed lady on The Bachelor and made her do horseback riding and ice-rink skating, constantly falling down and crying? Or the guy on Bachelorette who the Bachelorette actually liked, not understanding why she would cry when he left and trying to whisper so the camera wouldn't hear "....why are you crying?"

There is no way a scripted line from a show or JG-Levitt sounding vaguely full of himself is going to top stuff like that :colbert:

:v: "We've likened our relationship to that of a race, there's starting..walking..jogging...running...and the finish line which is love"
;-* - "Where do you think we're at?"
:geno: "Oh I'd say we're..uhm..slowly...starting to wa-"
;-* - "Running!"
:stonk: "Oh yeah..jogging..maybe"

:c00lbert: What this guy's really trying to say is that he's in the locker room, picking out shoes before the race.

Still loving the new show, just really missing this part. And now I'll shut up about soundclips

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just wish that they had invited Andy back on to discuss Vibes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Talk about ending on a cliffhanger

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
"Oh no, I'm falling off the edge of this cliff!"

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Whoa. Dong Lover on Hollywood Handbook today. Nice.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Whoa. Dong Lover on Hollywood Handbook today. Nice.
Fantastic episode, too short though (and too scary). Some incredebile reveals in this episode as well, I can't believe Donald Glover is Childish Gambino

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

Fantastic episode, too short though (and too scary). Some incredebile reveals in this episode as well, I can't believe Donald Glover is Childish Gambino
Honestly I'm surprised I never put it together myself. I've seen him in concert 6 times, and a couple times he even did stand-up before he performed his music!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I can't believe I have slept on these guys for so long. Incredible show. Dong Lover.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yo. Sarah Silverman uploaded her failed pilot. It might interest this thread cause Harris and Tig had parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSL8cCy4-w

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I need PFT to do CBB as Captain Phillips.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Yo. Sarah Silverman uploaded her failed pilot. It might interest this thread cause Harris and Tig had parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euSL8cCy4-w

I love everybody involved, but... yeah I can see why that was a failed pilot.

Also, I think Susan's apartment was also the titular apartment from Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23. RIP. :(

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I need PFT to do CBB as Captain Phillips.

I thought that yesterday listening to Who Charted. It was great.

Also that pilot was not bad. I would have watched it. I didn't really like the interludes with the people watching a screening or whatever.

Victorkm fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 24, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh man, fantastic thursday for Earwolf. Todd Glass on CBB and Andy Daly on I4H!

The sketch they make after Andys harrowing story had me loving rolling, so good.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
Tonight's VPN is Improv4Humans, too. Not sure about the guests, though.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Jesus that What's Bothering You? was depressing, especially for someone who's LGBT. They didn't even really get that much funny material out of it. I feel like there should've been a warning or something.

The rest of the episode was really good though. Two great stories in one ep, both with even better scenes based on them, AND I learned a ton about mortgages!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love Matt Besser for having the balls to tackle something like that with improv comedy. He just lives and breathes improv to the point that anything is fair game.

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
Yeah I was a little put off by the What's Bothering You too, I mean I understand it's a really tragic and hosed up subject that needs to be talked about but it's a comedy podcast man! Andy Daly kinda pulled it out for me when he was the infatuated lawyer and just kept repeating "I don't even know WHY..." but that's because Andy Daly is a national treasure.

I know these are professionals and they make a living out of being able to wring the funny out of whatever subject they need to, but yeah Matt could at least warn you poo poo's about to get real dark, or maybe pick a subject that isn't QUITE as horribly depressing...

Harvey Wallbanger fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 25, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
poo poo I haven't heard it yet, what happened?

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
They did a couple of scenes based off a documentary Matt saw about a gay crossdressing kid getting shot to death by one of his schoolmates for giving the schoolmate a valentine. It was just kinda...a bummer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yeesh, I have no idea how you're supposed to make that funny.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It did highlight what I think is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) problems with the legal system: jurors are loving idiots. People give lawyers a hard time but they're just doing a necessary job, and the reason their scummy tricks work is jurors are easily manipulated. Like, REALLY easily.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
That episode is making me seek out that documentary, so that's a plus.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Holy poo poo, I4H is live tonight and Eric looks like he's been stranded on a desert island, it's hilarious.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man Zach Woods has been amazing in this episode

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
gently caress you Greggy!

I always thought they should work Eric into the scenes somehow. That was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Trujillo posted:

gently caress you Greggy!

I always thought they should work Eric into the scenes somehow. That was amazing.

Hahaha, it's bittersweet, now I don't have anything to sass at VPN during i4h youtube shows.