Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The most important thing to do while looking for a car is to look for some other car. I once spent an hour looking for a certain car and getting nothing at all similar to it. So I decided "gently caress it, I'll just take one of those other cars I saw, I kind of like that one." I couldn't find it at all. Though I did find plenty of what I wanted before. Keep switching sessions and keep switching cars to change your vehicle seeds. I find the game does exactly the opposite of what you want it to do. Whenever I want a car, it spawns zero cars. When I want an empty street to do something, all of a sudden 20 cars spawn in and line the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

As a side note, I think that is the first time I have ever seen a Bagger online.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

BitBasher posted:

As a side note, I think that is the first time I have ever seen a Bagger online.

I still haven't seen a coil. I think though I've only noticed a coil in single player 2x. 2nd time I wasn't on a mission so I car jacked it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ijyt posted:

It's cool bro, gotta head off now anyway. But I'll make sure to look out for a Bagger tomorrow.

BitBasher found me one, but thanks. Also, I found a Futo the second I stepped out of the apartment.

BitBasher posted:

Thanks so much! Same as anything, I saw about a million of them while I was looking for a Ruiner. The last one I had took about an hour to find.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I find Coils all the time, because I am not looking for them.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Guys, I am loving addicted to golf.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
I can't believe the fake internet car store is still missing what the cars look like via picture.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

Toaster Beef posted:

Guys, I am loving addicted to golf.

I wish we could do a full 18 holes

Give us more courses rockstar :(

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Hockles posted:

I find Coils all the time, because I am not looking for them.

Funny the one I jacked was when I stopped looking too. Maybe this is the GTA V version of a watched pot.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Also, holy poo poo is tennis ever impossible online

noxiousg
May 24, 2013

Any PS3 guys want to trade race wins? I haven't done it at all. I need a ton of wins so I'll probably keep it going for as long as you want. I'm on right now and will be for a while tonight. My PSN ID is noxiousg.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Dictator. posted:

The firetruck is so friggin annoying.

Got seperated from my car and tried walking back to get it, while a guy with a bounty on his head was roaming the area with a firetruck. Every time I came near to my car he'd water me down and then drive over me.

I just wanted my car back :(

(couldnt shoot him cause i was in passive mode)

Yeah, this is super annoying. When I log in I immediately look for a good car to sell, but below level 10 all I saw were the GTA equivalent of Mini Coopers and beaten up old cars that sell for <$1000.

Yesterday I immediately found a Baller though, 8.7k in the pocket.

Also did my first survival mission yesterday, the one at the airplane graveyard.

We started with four people but pretty soon it was just me and a pubbie left.
Neither of us used a headset but there was this mutual understanding of hiding behind the same container and covering each other's asses.

Did 2 rounds all the way to level 10, picked up some sweet guns (advanced sniper, mini gun, sticky bombs) that are all above my level. And got 40k cash, guess I'll be buying the 223k apartment soon.

For some reason I couldn't use the minigun during the mission, even though it was in my inventory.
After the last round and in free roam it was available. Had quite a hard time gunning down the helis because of this.

Snipering is dangerous as the heli deals a lot of damage, any tips on how to get them down easily?

Did the other guy get 40k too?

TheOne
May 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT RUINING EVERYBODY'S LIFE
is there a way to have a friend & crew session? Its really annoying because I have four friends I play with all the time so I make a friend session, but I would also like to have crew members not on my friend list join. If I make a crew only server can I still invite my friends? The menu system in this game is terrible so I hope im not missing something obvious as they have crew + friend chat settings, I was hoping they would have something equivalent for lobbies.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Also, holy poo poo is tennis ever impossible online

Bullshit. I love online tennis. #1 with the 1009 goons :smug:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

santanotreal posted:

Bullshit. I love online tennis. #1 with the 1009 goons :smug:

Maybe it's just my connection or something then, because half the time I have no idea at all whether or not my opponent actually got to the ball. It makes it impossible.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Maybe it's just my connection or something then, because half the time I have no idea at all whether or not my opponent actually got to the ball. It makes it impossible.

I've only played 3 matches online, and only had connection issues on a few of the points. But I'm probably just getting lucky. I would play more if I didn't have to wait in an empty lobby for 5-10minutes before some random connects to me.

edit: Also, I'm no longer #1...

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Thanks Saganomicon for the race trading! I got an message from another person while I was racing with an invite to trade wins. Sorry I couldn't get back to you, whoever you were.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Bless you, Cosby Prophecy, for you play the game the right way.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
i just found a sultan. I've already got, so if any xbox people want one, find j0ehoe online and have a mic on. First come first serve

akula
Oct 24, 2004

so how exactly do we not have a straight up honest to goodness cops and robbers mode?? it makes me sad.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I wouldn't believe those 'dump' stats floating around completely. Some cabrios are shown to have different stats, some don't.

I could be totally mad, but I could swear the Sentinel and Sentinel XS drive a lot differently. The Zion shows different stats between the Cabrio versions but the 9F doesn't? Yet they seem to handle differently.

Mistakes in spreadsheets can be made, (the Sentinel XS is listed as the soft-top convertible for example, when it's the base model that is the convertible).

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Has anyone had any problems with ammo disappearing after you die? I have noticed that sometimes after I die, the SMG lets say will suddenly have far less ammo than before I died. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes it will and its driving me nuts.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I have been at the docks for like 10 hours in my time in gtao and never saw this but it is now mine:

That's right, a Merryweather Patrol Battle Prius™! Silent but marginally deadly :black101:

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Reeoorb posted:

the Sentinel XS is listed as the soft-top convertible for example

There is a convertible soft-top Sentinel XS though? Like 99% sure I've seen one

\/ forgot the XS before I was quoted, shucks

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 25, 2013

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Robawesome posted:

There is a convertible soft-top Sentinel XS though? Like 99% sure I've seen one

Fixed!

The only difference in the models I think is the roof, so I couldn't say if I've seen an XS convertible. The only time I see what I can confirm as an XS some rear end in a top hat is driving it like a maniac.

Reeoorb fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 25, 2013

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Is the carbonizzare the only hardtop convertible?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Is the carbonizzare the only hardtop convertible?

Nah, my Cognoscenti is a hardtop and I think there are others

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I have been at the docks for like 10 hours in my time in gtao and never saw this but it is now mine:

That's right, a Merryweather Patrol Battle Prius™! Silent but marginally deadly :black101:

That is just amazing :allears:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So what car do you guys recommend for 1-200k? I'm looking to replace my elegy now that I have an apartment.

Oh God What
Apr 25, 2009
Thank you, HamSammich, for the gift of tank.

I immediately overused and squandered it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bob NewSCART posted:

So what car do you guys recommend for 1-200k? I'm looking to replace my elegy now that I have an apartment.

Obey 9f ($120k). Ignore the detractors, best car for messing around in freeroam.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Or the Coquette, which I used pretty much exclusively until I got bored and wanted to just mess around in other vehicles. It's probably the best driving car in the game.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Coquette. Because nothing says stylish like a C7 Corvette.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Where in the docks exactly did you find this beauty? Was it driving around or parked?

edit: vvv Oh god it's the thing :stonk:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 25, 2013

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bad Sport Hell sucks and is awful you guys. At least getting a triple kill with a grenade was worth it.

On a lighter note, this happened while I was getting my hairs cut:

The torso in the middle would stay still, the one leaning off would wiggle all around looking at itself. Very disconcerting :gonk:

e for tables, maybe

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
May jump on in a bit, never raced before but looking for some fun, maybe a few offroad wins to upgrade my Sandking/Canis Bodhi. GT 'BieberGrrl'.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Where in the docks exactly did you find this beauty? Was it driving around or parked?

They drive around where you bring Simeon cars at the dock. Also where Merryweather is guarding that secret project at the docks (which inside has a hidden player sub).

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I really, really like my Carbonizarre.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Also why the gently caress do my cars still disappear and I have to loving call insurance. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

BitBasher posted:

I really, really like my Carbonizarre.

Is that a muscle car? I want another muscle car :colbert:

• Locked thread