Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
That's terrible news! I'm so sorry dino. :sympathy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Aw poo poo, sorry to hear that Dino.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I feel devastated for you dino. :(

I hope you have some friends to take you out somewhere and be there for you.
If not, the miscreants in GWC or AI chat threads will do the best we can.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Really really sorry to hear that, dino. Hope everything gets better soon. :smith:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat, Dino. Sorry to hear.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I actually approve of Gin as a method of dealing with such heartbreak, as long as it's a short-term solution. Couple of weeks or so, ya know?

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
That's really sad to hear. You and Steve/puppy always sounded so cute together, and after you put together such a special Christmas last year.

I'm glad at least that it was mutual and you can still remain friends. You don't know me (although I feel like I know you), but *hugs* anyways.

Words may not help, but if you'd like a bottle of craft gin from Chicago, send me an address and it is so coming your way. Call it a thanks for all the recipe help in the past.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Ah jeez. Sorry dino. You must be really hurting. :(

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Thanks so much for the encouragement and love, y'all. It makes me feel less alone. Just as I was getting ready to pop out for PT before work, I got a text that he was heading right back home. I let him know that he just missed me, and that we can catch up after I get out of work. It /wasn't/ that he needed to get away from me NOW NOW NOW, but rather that he really did have stuff to do. It was just a rough night, because it was so freaking sudden, and he tends to clam up when it comes to things involving what's bothering him.

Ugh, I'm going to have to start packing. Boooo.

In the light of day, things seem a lot less horrible, and ever since reading your messages, I've been walking with a spring in my step. Who knew that an Internet hug could actually help you feel better?

EVG of course I know you. I've seen you pop in at various times and post. :) I'm never one to turn down gin. If you want to make sure that anything sent via the post gets to me, just send it to my work:

Sacred Chow
227 Sullivan Street
C/O: Dino Sarma
New York, NY 10012

So I've managed to move out of denial, and into anger as of this week. I'm not sure when bargaining will begin, but it's likely to be a doozy. Oh no wait, I did pass through bargaining. "Oh, it'll just be a few more days, Puppy. No rush to get out now, surely."

Huh. So that's what depression is.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Oh man :( Having been through a divorce myself, I know it loving hurts. I'm so sorry. It sounds like you've got a good support network, which is vital. Make use of it. Don't miss any chance to make contact with someone who you can talk to, even if it's just to pass the time of day or grab a cup of tea. It's so very easy to slip into the trap of not wanting to be a bother / deciding to catch up on Netflix / whatever and only realize two weeks later that you haven't seen anyone socially in any of that time and can't remember the last time you smiled. Don't do that to yourself.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

dino. posted:

So I've managed to move out of denial, and into anger as of this week. I'm not sure when bargaining will begin, but it's likely to be a doozy. Oh no wait, I did pass through bargaining. "Oh, it'll just be a few more days, Puppy. No rush to get out now, surely."

Huh. So that's what depression is.
If you're posting, you don't have depression based on personal experience - well not bad deep down as bad as it goes kind. But that's a good thing!
All this happened after you posted in AI didn't it?
Show the detective where the nasty AI touched you. :notfunny:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Fo3 posted:

If you're posting, you don't have depression based on personal experience - well not bad deep down as bad as it goes kind. But that's a good thing!
All this happened after you posted in AI didn't it?
Show the detective where the nasty AI touched you. :notfunny:

Shut up Fo3.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

edit: ^^^ +1

http://stopfuckingposting.com/www.gbsfood.com/1408303c/

:stare::gonk::barf:

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Groooooossssssssss

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Hahaha ok that is the gross as hell.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

booby posted:

Hahaha ok that is the gross as hell.

It's from some archive of most of the pre-GWS food threads in GBS.

It has some things you can't unsee

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would hug you so hard if I were there, dino. That sucks :saddowns:

In happier news. I go on vacation tomorrow to be with my boyfriend for a week. So that's good at least.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

quote:

The meat will look like this when it's done browning.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :aaaaa:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :aaaaa:

All that excess liquid being drawn out really concentrates the remaining flavor in the meat. :eng101:

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
I love the new avatar, Toby.

quote:

Serving Suggestion:

How the gently caress did that meat turn blue!?

Maybe it's just white balance.

Nope!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Ugh, it looks like high meat.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

But I always eat like this on my day off. I just heat whatever leftovers, cook some eggs, and throw it on a waffle and call it Rancheros Americana.

Not really, I can barely motivate myself to cook on my days off.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

But I always eat like this on my day off. I just heat whatever leftovers, cook some eggs, and throw it on a waffle and call it Rancheros Americana.

Not really, I can barely motivate myself to cook on my days off.

Whoops, sorry, that one was fine, this is the one I meant to post

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

That is gross as poo poo.

But I kinda want to load up some breakfast in a ring mold now.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Ugh-staying at the in-laws for 2 weeks on vacation. Go to make the wife and I some breakfast the other day. Every pan they have is non-stick, which is fine for the eggs I was going to do. What is not fine is the fact that they are all scraped up so the teflon is coming off every one of them and they use metal utensils on them and throw EVERYTHING in the dishwasher instead of just handwashing it....We've been eating out for breakfast/lunch/dinner a LOT. Yesterday I bought some things for salad that don't involve any cooking so I could eat something healthy without fear of getting cancer.

The thing is, they HAVE plastic utensils...they just choose not to use them. I'm half tempted to buy them some new pans for Christmas, but I don't dare get them nonstick as I'm sure they will just ruin them. If I get them some nice clad pans, they probably won't use them.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
My grandma passed this morning.

Will miss my grandma.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Will miss my grandma.

Condolences, Wiggles.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Aw poo poo, sorry Wiggles.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

To be fair (I guess?), this is kinda just a regular English breakfast...the most disgusting part to me is the cast iron pan they cook in. I mean poo poo, you don't have to (nor should you) be scrubbing that thing to a fine patina after each time you use it, but goddamn, that poo poo has gone from "seasoned" to "cancerous".

EDIT: Sorry, Wiggles. :(

Man, tough day for GWS peeps today.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh, Ricola meant to post a different one. Oh well. gently caress this day.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Dwight Schrute's recommended breakfast log.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Condolences, Wiggles. :sympathy:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Jesus, fun times in the chat thread this week.

To both dino and Wiggles, you have my sympathies.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

:( :( :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Will miss my grandma.

Sorry wiggles, mine passed yesterday morning actually. Been a sad week for me.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

hugs for all my fellow spoongoons. :sympathy: :(

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

Sorry wiggles, mine passed yesterday morning actually. Been a sad week for me.

Sorry to hear it, dude.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
gently caress, this week has sucked for everyone. Sorry to hear, Wiggles. :hugs to you: Seriously, losing a loved one sucks. I don't know what you're going through right now, but if you need to talk, poke me.

@Fo3: I tend to reach out to folk when I know that I've got impending doom coming down the pipe. It keeps me from falling into the "OK, let's see how much energy it's going to take to get out of bed today. Oh. Just a little? gently caress it, it's warm in here." It's why I do try to either talk on the phone, online, or in person with someone at some point in my day, so that I don't allow myself to become a shut-in.

@PopeCrunch: Yeah, exactly what you said. I'm making an effort to reach out to people I know, if for no other reason than to have some human contact, and make sure I don't retreat.

@Rico: Dear GODS that's disgusting. It just keeps getting worse. And worse :gonk:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Dino if you keep reading the gbsfood entries eventually you're going to get a hunger to go meat up all of your dishes.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mediaphage posted:

Dino if you keep reading the gbsfood entries eventually you're going to get a hunger to go meat up all of your dishes.

Either that or he's going to run off and join PETA.

Goddamn that meat roll hot dog thing is horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

mediaphage posted:

gbsfood makes me want to be a vegetarian.

Nothing will make me give up my carbs, though. Bread is too delicious.