Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Weirdo posted:

I, Weirdo, Oath these ten Savage Orcs (28mm, Games Workshop) and one Reaper Bones Earth Elemental. I'm going to put some pink rock in the elemental (some potassium feldspar or rose quartz in the granite :haw:), and perhaps a pink tattoo on an orc.

Deanut Pancer posted:

I, Deanut Pancer, oath this GW WH-Fantasy big squig thing (At least I think that is what it is - it is a really old, very heavy, metal model I found in an old box of stuff - possibly an old Gobbla model?)

I swear I'll make it one week without missing anyone's oath. I OATH IT!

Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Genghis Cohen's Nomad Wildcats are from Infinity. 28mm from Corvus Belli.

Edit: spelling.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
God damnit. I just flinched so hard I think I pulled something. No more full page spiders please. These threads are prone to mouse wheeling through.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I decided that it was time for me to do my final one-time bonus. Today we have In Battle! It is in comic form:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Nearly - you need to use the https://www.worldtimeserver.com site, though! I'm tempted to say 'eh, it's amnesty month' but since I've asked other folks to retake pictures because of their timestamp photos I'll need to ask you to do the same.

Life isn't worth it. Just count me out of the official scorekeeping or what have you this month, please.

As Baron Snow said, those are models from Corvus Belli's wargame Infinity. Wildcats - Polyvalent Tactical Unit, from the Nomads faction. Infinity is a great wargame and CB make very fine true scale 28mm figures.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Is there a limit to how complete models can be for amnesty? I've got a couple models with all the basecoats laid down but no highlighting yet, is it OK if I oath that?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WhiteOutMouse posted:

God damnit. I just flinched so hard I think I pulled something. No more full page spiders please. These threads are prone to mouse wheeling through.

What if it's painted by our very own Bachtere? :colbert:

(Spiders are basically harmless, so I'm very sorry about your phobia.)

Achmed Jones posted:

I decided that it was time for me to do my final one-time bonus. Today we have In Battle! It is in comic form:

Excellent! And with that, Achmed Jones is the first Oather to complete all of the one-time bonuses! Congratulations!

Genghis Cohen posted:

Life isn't worth it. Just count me out of the official scorekeeping or what have you this month, please.

You can still score the rest of the points for completing your Oath, of course. The photo including the time server is required only to earn one point each month, so this is fine.

quote:

As Baron Snow said, those are models from Corvus Belli's wargame Infinity. Wildcats - Polyvalent Tactical Unit, from the Nomads faction. Infinity is a great wargame and CB make very fine true scale 28mm figures.

OK. Corvus Belli is actually a thread sponsor, and I've been handling shipping their prize packages out, so I'm well aware of who they are: I just don't know their game products well enough to recognize their stuff by the names of the models. Note that by completing Corvus Belli models, you are eligible for the monthly Corvus Belli prize!

Booley posted:

Is there a limit to how complete models can be for amnesty? I've got a couple models with all the basecoats laid down but no highlighting yet, is it OK if I oath that?

That's fine.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Leperflesh posted:

(Spiders are basically harmless, so I'm very sorry about your phobia.)

Yeah - that little one's giving out free hugs down the front. Adorable!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Addition

3 tau crisis suits from GW

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Booley posted:

Oath Addition

3 tau crisis suits from GW

Accepted!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Man, I'm going to really regret not getting in on this amnesty month. Such a great idea, but I've already bit off more than I can chew.

4/5 complete, though!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah I need to get a hurry on and get something oathed/painted as well - I've just had other stuff to paint lately.

But in other news...

:siren: I've reserved a table at Warhammer World for a goon meet-up! :siren:

The guys from my gaming group, Hammertime40K will be there as well, so I've reserved an Apocalypse-size table for us all to play on.

Oh what's that, you say? 'AN' Apocalypse-size table? Isn't there only one? NOPE! There will be two! In November 'Jimigan's Bridge' will be completed and we'll be one of the first to play on it:

This is it in WIP state, this was used during Games Day in its unfinished state.

So here's the details, if anyone wants to come:
DATE: 15th of December
TIME: 10 AM to 6 PM (unfortunately closing time is earlier on Sundays)
THE GAME: Apocalypse! We'll see who shows up and divvy up the teams accordingly!

I'll be posting this in the 40K and Painting threads as well and if there's enough people interested I'll start up a thread in the meet-ups forum. My email is krushgroove169 at gmail.com to get on Da List!

So if you want to game or just hang out and have some Bugman's Ale, drop me a line and we'll get this thing sorted.

e: I've made a post on my group's blog to provide one place to keep updated - any updates will be posted here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 22, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

FYI you sons of bitches had better take this man up on his offer because that is awesome. Go do things right!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010

krushgroove posted:

So here's the details, if anyone wants to come:
DATE: 15th of December
TIME: 10 AM to 6 PM (unfortunately closing time is earlier on Sundays)
THE GAME: Apocalypse! We'll see who shows up and divvy up the teams accordingly!

I'll be posting this in the 40K and Painting threads as well and if there's enough people interested I'll start up a thread in the meet-ups forum. My email is krushgroove169 at gmail.com to get on Da List!

So if you want to game or just hang out and have some Bugman's Ale, drop me a line and we'll get this thing sorted.

e: I've made a post on my group's blog to provide one place to keep updated - any updates will be posted here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

Oh my gosh, you've picked the day after my office Christmas party, so I'll be in Nottingham anyway (and possibly a bit hungover). SO deffo count me in!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Well you know the best way to recover from a hangover is with lots of pints among as many geeks as possible :)

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath this model of Orsus the Butcher, a 28mm model from Warmachine by Privateer Press. I got over excited last month and did a fair amount of work on him. Yay amnesty!

grumbster
Apr 19, 2004
Lord of the Fjord
I, grumbster, oath to paint these three 28mm Uruk-hai Warriors from Games Workshop.
Aaw, it's a baby!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath this model of Orsus the Butcher, a 28mm model from Warmachine by Privateer Press. I got over excited last month and did a fair amount of work on him. Yay amnesty!

grumbster posted:

I, grumbster, oath to paint these three 28mm Uruk-hai Warriors from Games Workshop.
Aaw, it's a baby!

Accepted!

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
Oath complete!

Jurnal is the skin on the reaper demon guy!

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
:hist101: I Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint one Paymaster with Chest and two Bodyguards for my Dogs of War in the month of October. :hist101:

Paymaster and the chest come from Reaper Miniatures, the two Bodyguards are from Games Workshop.

In addition, I :toxx: to get packages sent out to Indolent Bastard and WhiteoutMouse by the end of the month. (Sorry, guys!)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Tadhg posted:

:hist101: I Tadhg, swear a fell Oath to paint one Paymaster with Chest and two Bodyguards for my Dogs of War in the month of October. :hist101:

Paymaster and the chest come from Reaper Miniatures, the two Bodyguards are from Games Workshop.

Accepted!

quote:

In addition, I :toxx: to get packages sent out to Indolent Bastard and WhiteoutMouse by the end of the month. (Sorry, guys!)

Do I accept these? Or are these auto-accepted? :v:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Tadhg posted:

How about toxxing yourself to accept that prize, huh?!

Dammit Tadhg let me give you money!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ineptmule posted:

How about toxxing yourself to accept that prize, huh?!

Dammit Tadhg let me give you money!

How about toxxing YOURself to come to Warhammer World for the meet-up! :P

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
What are the dates?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
15th of December, there's a post higher up on this page - anyone wanting to play Apocalypse (40K) or just hang out/have a drink is invited!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Hmmm. No toxx but a maybe!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

Ugh.

So, you're probably wondering: "Hey Slim, why are the first two pictures so goddamn tiny?" The answer to that is my camera decided to set itself to 640x480 while I wasn't looking, and the slew of pictures I had of Lady Justice and the Night Terrors all ended up being that exact size. What's worse is that I can't go back and retake them; they were commissions, and are already in the hands of their owners. There's no way I can get them back and take photos before the end of the month.

I mean, yeah, at least I GOT pictures to prove I painted them, so no failed oath this month...but finding that out today of all days is incredibly disheartening :smith:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
No worries, you got the pictures and that's fine.

:siren: today is the last day to oath a model! :siren:

See the OP for deadline times, remember it's 12 midnight tonight GMT time!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

This might be overly nitpicky, but the OP says "THIS MONTH'S THEME IS: Freehand," even though it isn't.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

krushgroove posted:

No worries, you got the pictures and that's fine.

:siren: today is the last day to oath a model! :siren:

See the OP for deadline times, remember it's 12 midnight tonight GMT time!

As a newbie here, do you mean for declaring an oath? Do I have until the end of the month (GMT) to actually submit the completed oath?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Mega Shark posted:

As a newbie here, do you mean for declaring an oath? Do I have until the end of the month (GMT) to actually submit the completed oath?

yes and yes :)

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004

enri posted:

yes and yes :)

Thanks! I was worried for a moment there.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Leperflesh posted:

I assume you're aware, but I couldn't give you a point for basing. There's still ten days left in the month, though, so if you slap some material and paint onto that model's base, you can re-post your Oath Complete and get that point!

Done! I edited it onto my original post, but just in case here he is in all his glory:

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
In that case I better get some more models in. Hurray unemployment.

I, TheBlobThing, hereby add these 2 Kriegsmen (Forgeworld, GW) to my oath for October.

Mega Shark
Oct 4, 2004
Oath Complete
Awwww, a BABY!

Gorthok was born with a rare skin condition that left him an owwtkast from the rest of the Waagh. Fortunately he took a liking to the animals and them to him.

Jurnal
Gorthok has pink skin along with his little pet's pink tongue. Gracing the base are two rare, alien, pink flowers.

Mega Shark fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 28, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheBlobThing posted:

In that case I better get some more models in. Hurray unemployment.

I, TheBlobThing, hereby add these 2 Kriegsmen (Forgeworld, GW) to my oath for October.

Unless I'm off by 24 hours, I'm afraid you're several hours past the deadline.

Bucnasti posted:

Done! I edited it onto my original post, but just in case here he is in all his glory:

Point awarded!

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Unless I'm off by 24 hours, I'm afraid you're several hours past the deadline.

Point awarded!

What? Oh goddamn it!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry, no amnesty for that! You can always oath it next month if it's still one color.

Deadlines are midnight GMT, so 1 AM UK time this morning was the cutoff - and we'll have to be aware that this will change after the autumn time change coming up soon.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Sorry, no amnesty for that! You can always oath it next month if it's still one color.

Deadlines are midnight GMT, so 1 AM UK time this morning was the cutoff - and we'll have to be aware that this will change after the autumn time change coming up soon.

Nah, they have red pants. It took me a long time to discover the option to set timestamps to my own timezone, so for a long time they had to be translated from some weird American moon-time, so I just thought 'hey, cutoff time is soon, better oath some more' :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Yeah sorry about that - just carry on painting them, there will be another amnesty month at some point in the future (but it won't be next month)

Warhammer World's Facebook page posted this picture of the J'Migan's Bridge 6x12 table that's making its debut in a week:

This is a good time to remind all UK hammergoons that I've reserved this exact table for a Warhammer World goon meet-up on the 15th of December! Details are here: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

I've posted this meet-up in the 40K, painting and Oath threads - pass the word and let's get some goon-on-goon action!

So far in action we'll have:
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
vs
Necrons
Chaos (me)

plus whoever else can make it - anyone who can't or doesn't play is welcome to have a drink or two and just meet up!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 25, 2013

• Locked thread