Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Alan Smithee posted:

Has anyone found a use for bull shark? It's such a specific scenario I hate how you can't carry it and you have to go to the designated spot. The only way I could see it being useful is if you know you're going to be in a standoff and you can't get away from the general area

When you use car farts can you be the one to ignite it? My impression was you had to trick them into starting the car. You can shoot the tires and use the rim sparks too yeah?

You can use your own farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Which was the better bike to get? I know it was one of the Dinka's.
I just wish the choppers got a better deal, the Daemon is fun but even average crotchrocket riders can outpace it. :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I made a fortuitous discovery today: have you ever tried to jack a pubby in a tank only to find you could not? Well Lamar’s muggers can.

You know how the muggers always get gunned down immediately? Well they don’t when they’re driving tanks. :getin:

They don’t fire the main gun, but they don’t stop, either, and they will run over anything in their way.

Croccers posted:

Which was the better bike to get? I know it was one of the Dinka's.
I just wish the choppers got a better deal, the Daemon is fun but even average crotchrocket riders can outpace it. :(

Akuma, Bati 801, and Double‐T are the best, and in my opinion in that order. The Akuma has insane acceleration which puts the other two to shame on most courses.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Intrepid00 posted:

Next time just kill them and use a jerry can plus car farts. Bonus points if you impound your car and use it to destroy the other impounded with this method. Best part is you pay nothing for their insurance and no bad sport.

Can't Jerryfart™ from a buzzard auguring rockets in from 90KTS 100ft AGL

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Sykic posted:

Have fun with that, the F620 is incredibly hard to find for some bizarre reason. Though naturally if you do find one, you'll find several more immediately afterwards. It also can't take corners worth a drat, though that might just be because I'm so used to drifting around corners with a Dominator/Jackal.

Hmm, do you take corners with X (handbrake) or with releasing gas/using the normal break-shoulder button?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Set a bounty on a pubbie in a tank, and watching the carnage unfold on my TV. :getin:

e: Oh poo poo, another found a buzzard.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Oct 25, 2013

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Dictator. posted:

Hmm, do you take corners with X (handbrake) or with releasing gas/using the normal break-shoulder button?

I never use the handbrake unless I want to do 180 spins. Just turning and controlling the rear of the car does the trick, but the F620 will slide for a FAR greater distance than any of my other cars. It's as though the tyres (high end) have less grip than any of my other cars (usually muscle or off-road tyres).

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

ijyt posted:

Set a bounty on a pubbie in a tank, and watching the carnage unfold on my TV. :getin:

e: Oh poo poo, another found a buzzard.

Check PSN, I got a Futo if you still want it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ara posted:

Check PSN, I got a Futo if you still want it.

Sweet, yes please.

Says you're playing GTA but not online.

Aaand the tank is dead. God that was fun.

e: Thanks bro!

e2: Seems my router decided to poo poo itself, sorry about that drop out.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 25, 2013

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Taking out people on the ground with a buzzard without coincidentally blowing up their cars is an entertaining but ultimately fruitless exercise, I find. At least blowing up other people in buzzards isn't bad sportable!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Lotish posted:

Taking out people on the ground with a buzzard without coincidentally blowing up their cars is an entertaining but ultimately fruitless exercise, I find. At least blowing up other people in buzzards isn't bad sportable!

It is if they glitched it into their garage and put tracker and insurance on it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cojawfee posted:

It is if they glitched it into their garage and put tracker and insurance on it.

You never know what’s a personal vehicle these days:

e: The premium on the Buzzard is $25 k, by the way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Can't trust anything these days.

Kameleon
Jan 11, 2006

gay for johnny deLOL BAT COUNTRY

Handbrake turns are far less useful (i.e. more realistic) than previous games IMO, apart from on bikes where it's a case of full throttle all the time using the handbrake to take any corner more than 60-75°.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How the flying gently caress are you meant to loving take out other jets? Missiles at long distance doesn't work. Short range doesn't work. Aiming ahead doesn't.
And dodging missiles? Low air speed doesn't work. High air speed doesn't work. Rolling and turning doesn't work. Ducking under bridges doesn't work.
I can zip a drat plane through the buildings of the city and skim and take off on the streets but those loving jet v jet fights?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How do Race payouts work? Sometimes first place gets $13K, other times it's barely over $5K. Is it based on how many people are in the room? I swear I've been in 3-person Goon races that paid really well, but I did a few with friends last night and was barely getting anything. Is it affected at all by having catchup/wanted levels/traffic on or off?

Also what's the secret to getting a good start? Is it like Mario Kart where you have to hit the gas at just the right time during the countdown? I always feel so sluggish at the start of the race and everyone else is peeling out ahead of me.

Croccers posted:

How the flying gently caress are you meant to loving take out other jets? Missiles at long distance doesn't work. Short range doesn't work. Aiming ahead doesn't.
And dodging missiles? Low air speed doesn't work. High air speed doesn't work. Rolling and turning doesn't work. Ducking under bridges doesn't work.
I can zip a drat plane through the buildings of the city and skim and take off on the streets but those loving jet v jet fights?

Get up to a good speed and ram them! :black101:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Croccers posted:

I gave up on jets entirely. Some people are good at them, I am not. They go too fast and by the time I see someone on the ground to shoot, I'm a block past them. I tried dogfighting one guy and he kept lagging. He would lag around my missiles and then be able to hit me just fine. I'll stick to ground fights.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Someone suggested making a Buzzard a personal vehicle, leaving it out in the open, letting someone steal it, and changing access to kick them out hundreds of metres in the air.

I wasn’t sold on the idea of a personal Buzzard, but I am now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So are people now using gasoline to wreck others' cars and somehow duck the Bad Sport penalty?

Because I can appreciate that kind of thinking.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

use the missiles, lock on to target (the box becomes red), shoot, stay locked on to the target until the missile hits.

have way more trouble with buzzard shooting than jet fighters

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

So are people now using gasoline to wreck others' cars and somehow duck the Bad Sport penalty?

Dump gas, light trail with car backfire. You might actually be able to just drop the entire container and shoot it which saves you some time.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Oxxidation posted:

This is why bad sport is great: it encourages thinking outside the box.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Platystemon posted:

Someone suggested making a Buzzard a personal vehicle, leaving it out in the open, letting someone steal it, and changing access to kick them out hundreds of metres in the air.

I wasn’t sold on the idea of a personal Buzzard, but I am now.

I very much like this idea.

Mucking About
May 30, 2011

^^^ Haha, that is a brilliant idea.

Gosh, I really want a cargobob as my personal vehicle, but apparantly my level is too high for it to spawn, and it's driving me mad!

Is anyone who is around level 21-29 interested in helping me out? All you have to do is join my session and stand near the airport. :v: I'll even throw in ONE MILLION DOLLARS, assuming I can give that to you in one go!

If so, my xbox name is NauseousPoet5!

Mucking About fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 25, 2013

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

The one on the right blew up faster than you could say "popcorn!". The one on the left, not quite so. And absolutely no bad sports notifications either :allears:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So, some people on the GTAForums discovered references to DLC in the latest update. Namely, North Yankton will be visitable. It appears to be for both the single player, and GTA:Online.

You can read what people have found about it here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/632685-the-hunt-for-north-yankton/page-11 but most of it is in regards to Single Player stuff

Nevermind most likely fake

VarXX fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 25, 2013

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Kringy posted:

The one on the right blew up faster than you could say "popcorn!". The one on the left, not quite so. And absolutely no bad sports notifications either :allears:

Sup ruining peoples impounded cars buddy. God that is so fun. I love to let them try to steal it once and kill them while they try to exit for double salt in wound.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I have an insured ghost elegy that's taking up a space in my garage. How do I get rid of it?

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
Don't you hate it when you're firing at a player in their car and you luck out and hit their gas tank. That happen to me last session. Took him out and his friend who was next to him. Both of them were in personal cars.

So $13000 later, I'm now in bad sport hell.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mucking About posted:

Gosh, I really want a cargobob as my personal vehicle, but apparantly my level is too high for it to spawn, and it's driving me mad!

Is anyone who is around level 21-29 interested in helping me out? All you have to do is join my session and stand near the airport. :v: I'll even throw in ONE MILLION DOLLARS, assuming I can give that to you in one go!

I can do that in a couple hours if you can't find anyone. I should still be able to get cargobobs. GT AndrewCoja

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Romeo Charlie posted:

Don't you hate it when you're firing at a player in their car and you luck out and hit their gas tank. That happen to me last session. Took him out and his friend who was next to him. Both of them were in personal cars.

So $13000 later, I'm now in bad sport hell.

The worse thing about this system is that you can get bad points inadvertently, I was doing a mission with a pubbie and we start killing the bad guys and then some guys in cars spawned where he parked his personal vehicle but I didn't notice and I threw a grenade at the bad guys to blow them up and I blew up his car in the process and got some some Bad Sport Points. That's stupid and shouldn't happen.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I must've blown up 20 personal vehicles at this point but I'm still classed as a "clean player", what gives?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Intrepid00 posted:

Sup ruining peoples impounded cars buddy. God that is so fun. I love to let them try to steal it once and kill them while they try to exit for double salt in wound.

A place comparable to the Impound lot is the Mors mutual insurance car respawn area/Vapid showroom. Double salt in the wound for those of the less face blaster type.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

How far apart are your explosive interludes? That'd be my guess. I'm still classed as a clean player and I seem to blow up a car every two days. But I run lots of missions in between.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

If anybody is still grinding out races, I'd appreciate an add. A few weeks behind, but I finally have a day off and it'd be so appreciated. I have a mic, but also getting over a sinus infection, so I'll mute my coughs.

GT Gileadexile

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lotish posted:

How far apart are your explosive interludes? That'd be my guess. I'm still classed as a clean player and I seem to blow up a car every two days. But I run lots of missions in between.

That might explain it, my rampages are infrequent.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Coldforge posted:

I still think the Cabrio is a bit more sluggish, and lighter up front/heavier in the rear than the base 9f, but I'm glad it works for you.

Now try it off road :D

Edit: it flies up hills thanks to the 4wd
It's not, man. They're the same.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Mucking About posted:

There is a cargobob that spawns at the docks helipad no matter your level. Check down there

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ijyt posted:

I must've blown up 20 personal vehicles at this point but I'm still classed as a "clean player", what gives?

Your badsport points go away after a certain amount of time and doing missions. So if you blow up a few cars, go do some missions or races for a while and it gets rid of your badsport points. You can also tell before you get kicked out because your rating will change to dirty player or some such before turning into bad sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zinjnok posted:

There is a cargobob that spawns at the docks helipad no matter your level. Check down there

It’s a Buzzard for me. Granted, I’m at minigun level.

• Locked thread