Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

N0data posted:

So I'm running an official game tonight (Oct 19,2013) at around 8 pm EST (Now!) of my Werewolf mod. If you'd like to play, come on in and join us!

It's NWN1, no mods or Haks needed.

Server IP is: 65.33.194.196

This seems like it would be pretty fun with 6 players. You guys should try it next time, instead of playing bad pws. I was buff, by the way.

Maybe posting the next date up a day in advance would result in more people joining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N0data
Dec 6, 2006

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici."- Faust (By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.)
Thanks for the help playing the Werewolf module! Kinda cool that each new player got chosen to be the Werewolf. Unfortunately getting stuck in the graveyard gate sealed my doom!

I'll work on fixing the bugs we found and set up another game time.

Edit: Yeah! More players would be awesome. The Werewolf DEFINITELY has the advantage with fewer players. There are some game breaking bugs I need to fix, but after that I'll set up another game for sure!

WeezerFan
Sep 8, 2006

Diogines posted:

Wizards of the Coast, I poo poo you not told the developers they could not have you fight Kelemvor, or tear down the Wall. Not that you can't win. You can't even have the fight. They did not want to mess up "realmslore continuity" in a video game.... yeap. Not making this up.

This is not actually true.
http://spring.me/GZiets/q/316663420105537939

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Diogines posted:

Wizards of the Coast, I poo poo you not told the developers they could not have you fight Kelemvor, or tear down the Wall. Not that you can't win. You can't even have the fight. They did not want to mess up "realmslore continuity" in a video game.... yeap. Not making this up.

That's hilarious. Thank gently caress they're doing stuff for their own IP now and won't have to consult some greybeard lorekeeper about the proper fashion accessories for Elminster's jaunty hat.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Really enjoying Cormyr now that I've explored some more, have a few levels under my belt, and was in a DM event last night. It goes way quicker than leveling on Legacy ever did, that's for sure. Hit 4 early last night and by the time I stopped playing I'm already 2/3 of the way to 5, and that was with a bit of downtime just hanging out and RPing.

Also Milosh is THE poo poo. :allears:

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Milosh <3

But since my bard got such an awful reception I made a Red Wizard. Oh the pretension. I'm having so much fun. In as Sasha Yerofeyev, make a character from the unapproachable east, join the fun, make fun of my girly name.

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 20, 2013

N0data
Dec 6, 2006

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici."- Faust (By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.)
There will be some players on tonight around 11pm EST, if anyone would like to try out the Werewolf mod on NWN1.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

Ah Cormyr. I knew ye well. Just metagamed by a DM's pc and thrown in the slammer. Flashbacks to the frontier's muddy rape pit here.

EDIT:

A beautiful mistell :allears:

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 22, 2013

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Welp, back to ignoring the existence of PW's for NWN2.

I've been meaning to try futzing around with Path of Evil...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Quantumfate posted:

Ah Cormyr. I knew ye well. Just metagamed by a DM's pc and thrown in the slammer. Flashbacks to the frontier's muddy rape pit here.

EDIT:

A beautiful mistell :allears:

:what:

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Someone title the next multiplayer NwN thing "Let's get a bit romantic here".

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Jesus christ.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Getting a cyberfuck mistell is good luck, akin to stepping in a pile of festering dog poo poo while barefoot.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I see the Neverwinter Megathread still going strong, check in...

Yep. The same old cycle going strong. It's the ciiiircle of PWs~

Edit:

folgore posted:

Goddamn was there ever a serious RP server that wasn't torn apart by drama?

Absolutely. Legacy for one, it died because of effort not because of drama despite what Fuzz might say. Dude practically made a living on that server having no idea what the gently caress was going on around him.

Legacy died for the same reason a lot of PWs die. PWs are a lot of loving work and Troy was an absentee admin. The end. It died with a whimper, not a bang.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 22, 2013

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
We really ought to change the thread title to "Let's Get A Bit Romantic In Here".

It's even appropriate to the campaign content!

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
Cormyr was almost totally dead anyway. I wonder if there's any more luck to be had in NWN PWs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Cormyr was almost totally dead anyway. I wonder if there's any more luck to be had in NWN PWs.

Eh, I'm on right now and there's 12 other people online late night on a weekday, so it's not terrible. No idea what that screenshot was about, so far my experience has been pretty mellow.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

iCe-CuBe. posted:

There are multiple popular servers that don't allow cybering, that's gotta be worth something! I can't really say how good they any of them are though, I inevitably get bored after a few hours.

My problem is I just don't like MMO's, and half your time on pws is basically playing an MMO. I like NWN's game play, but all of the dungeons in pws are boring and bland the first time you run them, let alone the tenth. Maybe if I had some friends to do them with they would be more fun, but it's real hard to get a group of strangers to run them with you. First you have to find people your level(Entirely possible there are none), then they have to be free to join you, and their character has to not hate yours, and then maybe they'll come with you.

Fuzz posted:

No idea what that screenshot was about,

Hilarity, is what.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Abysswalker posted:

There are multiple popular servers that don't allow cybering, that's gotta be worth something!

Not really actually. The top 5 english servers (the only ones that get 8+ people) all have 'do it in PMs' rules. BG has a rule where someone can show that you sent them a message accidentally, and they will warn the person, at least according to a friend who DMs there.

And seriously who cares if people cyber anyways. Yeah it's nerdy and they're probably both dudes jerkin' it. When someone sends you a message you don't have to flip out, most of them will apologize if you point out they sent it to the wrong person. Only time you should care is if someone is trying to force you into it (which is bannable on Cormyr)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

KittyEmpress posted:

Not really actually. The top 5 english servers (the only ones that get 8+ people) all have 'do it in PMs' rules. BG has a rule where someone can show that you sent them a message accidentally, and they will warn the person, at least according to a friend who DMs there.

And seriously who cares if people cyber anyways. Yeah it's nerdy and they're probably both dudes jerkin' it. When someone sends you a message you don't have to flip out, most of them will apologize if you point out they sent it to the wrong person. Only time you should care is if someone is trying to force you into it (which is bannable on Cormyr)

You should care if a server bans it, less so that people still do it. Whether a server bans it or not tells you a whole lot about the culture they tolerate/hope to foster. Choosing not to ban it usually is a bad sign.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

You should care if a server bans it, less so that people still do it. Whether a server bans it or not tells you a whole lot about the culture they tolerate/hope to foster. Choosing not to ban it usually is a bad sign.

Exactly. They also have a strict rule about consensual RP for that stuff, and DMs aren't allowed to ERP at all when DMing, and if they do and you prove it they're gone. Seems like a pretty happy medium to keep everyone happy and keep it to a controlled minimum. Personally I don't give a drat what people do in PMs/behind closed doors. On Legacy there were people that'd ERP on occasion, and whatever, didn't bother me on impinge on my RP, so what does it matter? Let them play the way they want.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm talking about NWN1, not 2. It's not allowed - even in tells - on Amia and arelith, maybe others.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

iCe-CuBe. posted:

NWN1's PW community is a lot stronger than NWN2's, probably because NWN1 servers are a hell of a lot easier to build and maintain. They look terrible and the UI and controls are trash, but them's the breaks.

I was recently sucked back in to PWs to play the ridiculously-named but surprisingly well built Escape from Uncertainty, the latest "chapter" in a long-running series of persistent worlds that's been advancing the same timeline since 2005. This time the PCs are survivors of an illithid-masterminded apocalypse that extinguished the sun and unleashed a horde of aberrations on the surface world. The survivors have fled to the site of the first iteration of the server: an abandoned svirfneblin city built on top of an enormous machine that shields the city from the illithids with a powerful illusion, and may or may not be divine and / or a doomsday weapon.

Mechanically it's another low-level, low-ish magic "hardcore" server with a lot of custom mechanics. Some of the major ones are:
  • Dozens of "kits" that revamp fighters, rogues, bards, barbarians, sorcerers and rangers with powers that range from neat to game-changing to useless except for weirdly specific builds.

• An expanded skill system with a weird mix of RP-only skills like Consecration, Painting and Engineering, "Secondary" skills that add points to canon D&D skills like Lore and Concentration, and a bunch of crafting skills like alchemy, herbalism and cooking that actually make things.

• A climbing system that makes Underdark exploration actually feel like caving, with vertical and horizontal climbing areas all over most zones that you can navigate with climbing gear like climbing claws and grapple guns.

• Trade skills that are actually worth doing if you want to risk accidentally summoning Grey Renders or having your alchemy table explode in your face in exchange for neat items.

• NPC factions accessible to players, most of which have a lot of secret faction-specific subsystems.

• "Sendings": an in-setting way to broadcast a message to anyone wearing the ring that lets you in to the main city, used to quickly form groups, advertise merchandise, etc.

• Diablo-esque "named" mobs that spawn randomly with special powers, which you can hunt down in the Underdark for bounties.

Progression is rapid to around 6-7 (achievable in a week or two without much effort), slow progression from 7 to 8, painfully slow progression from 8 to 9, and almost no progression at all from 9 onward. Death is common and removes a full third of your XP total, so most of the server hovers somewhere in the 5-7 range with a few powerful outliers who have managed to get to 9 and stay there. The power you get from staying "high" level is reasonably well countered by being constantly poor. Most loot can't be sold to merchants, so nearly all sources of cash come from level-capped quest rewards. As a result it tends to be the lower-level PCs who have the most money to throw around, with a few notable exceptions.

The basic gameplay for most PCs consists of the usual socializing you get in most "RP PWs," quest groups or solo jaunts for the short daily quests accessible to your level range (if you're 2 to 7 - level 8+ quests are more like raids), and gathering crafting materials if you're a crazy person who's doing alchemy / herbalism / cooking. There's more than enough static content to keep anyone busy as long as there are players on in your level range (which is most of the time since the server population averages around 20ish), and decent amount of dynamic content like "named" bounties and random spawns in the Underdark to keep things fresh. Of course that dynamic content will occasionally kill the gently caress out of you or block your progress because there are no "safe" areas in the Underdark, which is by turns frustrating and ~*~ immersive ~*~ if you're the kind of player who gets off on that. DM events are frequent, and it's rare that more than a couple of hours go by without at least one or two DMs on.

Eventually, most people seem to get involved in PC or NPC factions once they become established. The NPC factions in particular are a big deal because they're mostly centered around the organizations that run or protect Sanctuary, and their PC agents get quite a lot of power. My favorite example is probably the Spellguard, essentially a Nazi SS full of mages who are the power behind the throne in Sanctuary and have access to a lot of cute powers like scrying anywhere in the city. PC Spellguard agents been known to appear out of nowhere around PCs badmouthing the establishment to rake them over the coals for disloyalty. The notable exception to the city-managing factions are the druid / ranger faction, the Stewards, who live in the Underdark and get up to batshit crazy nature adventures. Basically nobody knows what the druids get up to out there, but they've somehow managed to unleash at least three major villains including the current one.

PC factions are smaller and lower-key, and to be honest I haven't seen much come of them in the time I've been playing. There's a gang war between two PC factions brewing but it hasn't gone anywhere yet, and the obligatory elf group with a couple of highly active players who somehow manage to not do very much. Arguably the most successful PC faction is the Wayfinders, a tiny group of crazy people who get off on scouting the Underdark and leading expeditions through the absurdly dangerous areas outside the main paths, but their influence is limited to everyone loving their awesome faction leader PC. I'm told that before I joined there were two major PC factions that essentially destroyed each other and that that sort of thing is a constant cycle on the server, but I can't confirm it either way.

I've yet to see any flagrant examples of terrible DMing or staff insanity, outside of one DM who made a thread calling out players for using such immersion-breakingly anachronistic terms as "Hey" and "Wait up." In time I'm sure The Crazy will rear its ugly head because that's inevitable for a PW, but given that the server has been running since 2005 we can at least say that it's a stable form of crazy.

In case it sounds like I'm promoting this server, let me put some of its warts on display.
  • The learning curve is very, very steep. The custom mechanics are extensive and badly documented, although you can at least ask in the server IRC and usually get a response.

• The difficulty is brutal. Death is common, and it's sometimes frankly unfair because there's no possible way you could have known you were at risk, like when a drider arcanist blows you up out of invis, or one of the literally hundreds of thousands of alchemy combinations petrifies you permanently. DMs rarely pull punches and seem to rely on players being willing to bug out if a situation starts turning south, despite the fact that D&D players in any medium never do this.

• The death penalty is steep enough that going down can make you want to quit outright. Success on EFU seems to come down mostly to whether you can endure the emotional blow of losing a third of your XP when you inevitably die at level 8-9 and drop down to the salt mines of level 6 if you can't get a Raise Dead.

• It's Neverwinter Nights 1 so the graphics are awful, the interface is almost physically painful to use, and movement is clunky. Every command is more difficult than it should be to execute. Playing as a spellcaster is a hell of radial menus and bars upon bars of hotkeys, only one of which is visible at a time.

• The Underdark zones, while beautifully designed and fun to run around in, demand that you have certain skills to really enjoy them. If you don't dump a lot of points in the special Climbing skill you're going to have trouble traversing the terrain, and god help you if you wear heavy armor or run around with a lot of weight on you. The dynamic spawns in these zones also make the difficulty dangerously unpredictable, especially if you're going around solo.

• Forum Warrioring is a thing. For good or ill, if you're active on the forums you will be a more prominent player in-game and you'll reap the rewards of DM attention and player interest, which tends to snowball if you keep it up.

Overall I'm enjoying it and if you're really jonesing for a persistent world then it's worth taking a look at. But the usual caveats apply: these things can turn sour at a moment's notice, and I only have a month and a half or so of data points to draw all this from.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Fuzz posted:

No idea what that screenshot was about
It's about two people and their flourishing romance, of course.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Kestral posted:

Overall I'm enjoying it and if you're really jonesing for a persistent world then it's worth taking a look at. But the usual caveats apply: these things can turn sour at a moment's notice, and I only have a month and a half or so of data points to draw all this from.

I am. I'm totally gonna check this out. Do you have a link to downloads and poo poo?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is the compilation pack in the OP still pretty much the way to go for a NWN2 second replay? It's been years since I played both OP+MoTB and I'm getting the itch.

I assume I can combine the compilation and visual overhaul compilations into one?

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 22, 2013

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Is there any way to get the Hordes of the Underdark campaign to be co-op friendly?

bottles and cans
Oct 21, 2010

iCe-CuBe. posted:

I am. I'm totally gonna check this out. Do you have a link to downloads and poo poo?

I've been a player on EFU since 2006, and was trying to promote this server a couple pages back.

One of the beautiful things about it, is that there are no mandatory downloads at all. Not even CEP.

There are plenty of texture overrides compiled in-house, and they do a lot to beautify the world - or certainly they did when the setting was on the surface.

Anyway: http://www.efupw.com/getting-started/ will help you a lot.

Kestral, that was a really good write-up, and surprisingly fair, even from my perspective as an ~*~elite vet~*~ of the server.

I'd like to elaborate that the server's difficulty is balanced with the expectation that most people on NWN have been playing NWN for ten years, know the mechanics inside and out, and make a point of adventuring with friends. Solo play will not get you very far, nor will it be very fun. There is grinding up to about level 6, but it is miserable, and a thousand times slower than just getting one or two friends and doing a couple of the (repeatable) quests.

I'd argue that forum warrioring isn't strictly necessary. If you build a character with neat goals, interesting characterization, and motivation to do stuff, you have a very good shot of getting positive attention, completely irrespective of your reputation out-of-character.

Kestral posted:

I've yet to see any flagrant examples of terrible DMing or staff insanity, outside of one DM who made a thread calling out players for using such immersion-breakingly anachronistic terms as "Hey" and "Wait up." In time I'm sure The Crazy will rear its ugly head because that's inevitable for a PW, but given that the server has been running since 2005 we can at least say that it's a stable form of crazy.
Ladocicea, the DM in question here, is an old-guard twat who's been absent for five years. He's well-regarded for running amazing events, and dynamic stories, but if you read the thread he posted, you'll find that a LOT of players were calling him out for being a huge douchebag roleplay-cop.

In terms of crazy, I honestly have never seen anything like what you guys are used to from servers like Haze and Wake. EFU's Founder, Howland, is actually an incredibly solid guy. Not a gamer or a creep, he's on record that he likes his roleplaying "sexless and full of violence". Cybering is verboten, and this is strictly enforced.

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.
I would actually argue that one of EFU's worst attributes is the lack of downloads. It keeps the game looking absolutely terrible when there are a vast amount of really impressive 2010-2013 made tilesets for the game. Overrides can certainly assuage this problem, but they can't replace simply using new custom content. It also ensures everyone's armour and equipment remains the same goofy multicoloured neon garbage circa 2001, since there are no hakpaks and none of the really well-made modder equipment is utilized on the server.

I did spent a fair bit of time on EFU, but the server is an old boy's club. That's the sad truth. It can be very difficult to break into the insanely tight-nit community, and the darkmyst.net #efu IRC culture is an embarrassing mess. The DMs tend to range from fairly cool to completely grognard Asperger's horrible. Progression is an insane time-sink hard-capped by an asinine 'level-based once-per-server-reset' quest system, and, as many have mentioned before, is quickly undercut by a whopping 33% total XP cut upon any clunky NWN death.

Myself and a few other goons have tried on a number of occasions to appreciate the server, but there are so many bad design mechanics in play that it's almost like they don't want you to have fun. Oh, and have fun roleplaying with the hilariously elitist sperglords that tend to form continuous player groups and flout around the maximum level receiving the lion's share of dungeon master attention (and, incidentally, overpowered DM-spawned items)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Well I know some of you have your panties in a twist because oh god some people are cybering in PMs on Cormyr and OH GOD, but Quantumfate, KittyEmpress and I have been having a pretty great time... KittyEmpress is a friggin' DM magnet, apparently, and his character keeps getting into all sorts of crazy poo poo. Quantum and I had our share of some of the fun today against a massive skeleton horde event (which he leveled up during), then we plumbed the depths of the sewers to kill a giant sea serpent and skin it. Then I went off on my own and swindled the most obnoxious mage character on the server out of some gold to lead him to a really easy to find scroll merchant, where he found out the scroll I had just sold him 10 minutes earlier could have been bought for a whopping 3 gold (he traded me Tasha's Hideous Laughter for it). He got all upset at me but didn't demand his money back, instead trying to barter with me for some more spells by offering me a scroll of (worthless) See Invisibility (I already have Blindsight). I played along and he started asking me what spells I knew, so I rattled them off and you could practically see the shrinkage as he realized I already had almost twice as many spells as he does. This is a dude that's been powergrinding the crypts and plays the most obnoxious Aasimar Wizard on the server, who thinks he's the Gods' gift to everyone. Was pretty hilarious to tell him, "Oh, actually, I can already see invisibility with Blindsight... nevermind then!" (he doesn't have Blindsight) and then he almost got killed by a snake trying to walk back because he didn't know the safe path through the King's Forest.

:allears:

EDIT: For Kitty and Quantum, yes it was that douche Stephen Silversmith or whatever his name is... Selena just calls him "Eyebrows."

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Oct 24, 2013

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

The gentleman in blackface you mean. :v:

Also yes, more people get on cormyr and make characters from the unapproachable east to chill with my Thayan.

EDIT: Also in fairness, the server is rather sharp looking, this is just a filler area, as an example

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 24, 2013

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.
I want to give this server a shot, but which Cormyr is it? There are like 5 active PW servers set in Cormyr, and two of them have the exact same name - "Forgotten Realms: Cormyr."

http://www.frcormyr.proboards.com/

http://frc.proboards.com/

http://www.createforum.com/cormyrdalelands/

http://www.realmsoftrinity.com/Cormyrean-Expanse.aspx

Which forum should I be going to? I kind of want to make a Thayan Knight to hang out with the other goon Thayans, and I have a ridiculously overpowered Favoured Soul/Blackguard build to do so.

krazysigmarite fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 25, 2013

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

The first forum. And I only see the one forgotten realms - cormyr server in men2, so I can't help you too much as to why you see five. I'm the only goon thayan though. My friend, also a goon, has another easterner. The other two goons are a pirate EK powerbuild and a halfling warlock

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 25, 2013

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

krazysigmarite posted:

I would actually argue that one of EFU's worst attributes is the lack of downloads. It keeps the game looking absolutely terrible when there are a vast amount of really impressive 2010-2013 made tilesets for the game. Overrides can certainly assuage this problem, but they can't replace simply using new custom content. It also ensures everyone's armour and equipment remains the same goofy multicoloured neon garbage circa 2001, since there are no hakpaks and none of the really well-made modder equipment is utilized on the server.

I did spent a fair bit of time on EFU, but the server is an old boy's club. That's the sad truth. It can be very difficult to break into the insanely tight-nit community, and the darkmyst.net #efu IRC culture is an embarrassing mess. The DMs tend to range from fairly cool to completely grognard Asperger's horrible. Progression is an insane time-sink hard-capped by an asinine 'level-based once-per-server-reset' quest system, and, as many have mentioned before, is quickly undercut by a whopping 33% total XP cut upon any clunky NWN death.

Maybe it changed recently? I've been playing there for a few days and have had no difficulties whatsoever with finding people to interact with. Actual progression is a sideshow for me. For me, someone that doesn't want to spend an hour downloading 1100 mb files like for most of NWN2's servers, the lack of downloads is a huge plus. Who cares if the game looks terrible, honestly?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Quantumfate posted:

The first forum. And I only see the one forgotten realms - cormyr server in men2, so I can't help you too much as to why you see five. I'm the only goon thayan though. My friend, also a goon, has another easterner. The other two goons are a pirate EK powerbuild and a halfling warlock

It's hardly a power build... if it were, I wouldn't have gone with 8 strength but 10 charisma.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Maybe it changed recently? I've been playing there for a few days and have had no difficulties whatsoever with finding people to interact with.

I've been on EFU for about 3-4 weeks and it hasn't been too hard to find people except past 12am est and even then there's people on that are just elsewhere.

It's saturday, 11pm and right now there are 30 people on and 2 DMs. That's not the norm, but it's generally about 15-20 at least.

bottles and cans
Oct 21, 2010
If, by any chance, anyone else decides to try out EFU, there's a fellow there called Random_White_Guy, who's an incredibly inclusive, very creative player, who's always got some kind of faction going. His characters don't tend to live long, but they can provide a great launching point for all kinds of people. I think he's doing some kind of fascist political cult of Gargauth now, but I don't really know the details. Something about a blood war, and hunting demons.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I made a half orc sorcerer with 26 strength in EFU.

He would haste himself and throw boulders at people from the edge of visibility, and had six boulders.

The boulders only did between 10-20 damage, but the thing with them is that they left a giant boulder placeable wherever they landed, so at one point I had him box someone into a corner with boulders, then throw more boulders at them. When he ran out of boulders he picked boulders off from the corner of the boulder pile and kept throwing them at the poor guy.

Also, this was inside of a building and next to a bunch of furniture, so all of the chairs and tables exploded into piles of wood as the kept throwing the boulders.

The adventurer's guild didn't bill him for it because he was hired as a catapult and was only doing his job.

E:

I also made a literally retarded paladin of Clangeddin Silverbeard who believed in an ephemeral force of power called The Cleave that was gifted to mortals to aid them in cutting bad people to death. He hit a boss at one point with a triple digit crit and had a perk that made everything spray blood everywhere when he killed a target.

He eventually died while tackling a fire giant in a collapsing cave, while screaming, "I WILL THE CLEAVE YOU WITH THIS MOUNTAIN!" and the giant got crushed when the dwarven hall fell on his head.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 27, 2013

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.
Any tips on how to get a few levels on Cormyr? My random explorations have been punished with a few deaths. So far I've found a well with snakes, a crypt with ghouls, and then a pit filled with beetles that are way too powerful for what I should be fighting at level 2.

krazysigmarite fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

krazysigmarite posted:

Any tips on how to get a few levels on Cormyr? My random explorations have been punished with a few deaths. So far I've found a well with snakes, a crypt with ghouls, and then a pit filled with beetles that are way too powerful for what I should be fighting at level 2.

Basement of the inn and the sewers beneath it, first floor of the ruins outside of town.

• Locked thread