Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Larrymer posted:

Because their body styling, mostly. (also huge engines, and nostalgia) Was a mid 90's C4 a beautiful car? No.

Actually, I think the C4 ZR-1 with the pre-refresh nose is a pretty good looking car. I'd certainly take it over the C5, which always looked like a refreshed C4 having a severe allergic reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

djdanno13 posted:

Possible gold? I've always toyed with the idea of owning a porsche 924s for 1200

http://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/4144663681.html

Wtf, why won't my image show? I'm sure I have the code right?

You need a file extension.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

djdanno13 posted:

Possible gold? I've always toyed with the idea of owning a porsche 924s for 1200

I think you need to insert the extension of the image (.jpg for example) ? Could be wrong though

I love the looks of those cars, but am I wrong to assume that you could just buy an RX7 of the same year for less money and have a car that drives comparably? (Sorry I know nothing about Porsches, except everything seems to be more expensive with them)

If it can be driven home at all $1200 seems like a good buy. Take it for a test drive and offer $1k

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

djdanno13 posted:

You need to use the URL tags like so:
code:
[URL=http://imgur.com/1eLcFxA][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1eLcFxA.png[/IMG][/URL]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Q_res posted:

The hood and grille are sitting right there, so that's likely not it. I get why he'd be suspicious.

It's possible he took the picture before he did the work to the F-150.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ctishman posted:

This is not in the least bit suspicious, being in the Craigslist Free section.

"Almost all there" except for , you know little stuff like the drivetrain and rear axle.

Rhyno posted:

It's possible he took the picture before he did the work to the F-150.

Says right in the ad that the hood is not included.

Bet you could part out what was left for decent change, especially if the interior's in good shape. Glass, bits and bobs from the engine bay and under the dash, power window motors,that sort of stuff, then cut up the body for scrap steel.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

More pics here

quote:

1999 FORD MONSTER TRUCK 911 TRIBUT!! CUSTOM PAINT JOB 454 BIG BLOCK POWER STEERING ONE OF A KING SHOW TRUCK RUNS GREAT.. CONTACT ALEX 954 937 8271 THANK YOU..

My favorite thing is the random images at the end of the ad.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
its a Chevy 454 with what looks like a Ford 460? Umm but is it a heavy duty chassis with a Ranger Body... :psyduck:

As much as I hate hastags.... this ad just screams #murica!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
...does the lettering on the back really say

"GODWILL
WILL BE DONE"

:psyduck:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

djdanno13 posted:

Not really. That's about what it's worth, if it's been kept somewhat up to date on maintenance.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Needs some work = Needs all work.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cage posted:

I appreciate the condition, but really 18k? The car sold for 23.8k back in 1985.

86 Lincoln Mark VII =
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/4147003758.html

I've got one of these and the community is very good at over-valuing their cars. It's especially funny that he's selling a weaker EFI version, which aren't particularly fast and worth even less than the later models. The '88 and later LSC's had the Mustang's 5.0 and were pretty awesome, but are still barely worth over $3k. Although these seem to get more money than the Mark VIII's, perhaps because they're fox body cars and Mustang guys like them. I really want a first-gen Mark VIII, but they're equally challenging to find in good condition for reasonable money.

edit

spacejung posted:

1992. You'll have the BBS on there unless someone got cute, a trusty 302, the best electrical system, knock-off Ricaro seats, best chance of functioning air-ride, and as a bonus the coolest trip computer (by Lincoln standards).

The seats in the 1990-92 aren't nearly as good as the LSC seats in the earlier interior, they removed a noticeable amount of the side bolstering in the name of "comfort". The newer dash is certainly more appealing, but they really didn't change anything other than the speedo. The trip computer, automatic AC, and suspension didn't change very much at all over the almost ten years the Mark VII was on sale. The one bonus of the 90-92 is the LSC SE with the body colored chrome bits, which looks killer in black. Almost like a poor man's Grand National.

The 88-92 are similar enough that if you find a clean one for under $3k it's probably worth it. The seats are notoriously torn from the seat belts burning into them, the steering wheels all bleed black stuff at the top from sun exposure, certain body parts are very hard to track down, and the ABS system is kinda funny. Fortunately, Arnott makes the air springs for very cheap and that system is easy enough to keep in good nick.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 25, 2013

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Solar Coaster posted:

More pics here

My favorite thing is the random images at the end of the ad.

I can't hate this. Other than the biblical lettering, it's apparently done at least partly tongue in cheek, so I'd give it a pass as a comical parade car/just having fun thing. I'm not wild about the desecration of the flag as a headliner, though. And why are the front wheel openings so huge?

e: "Big Nose" :D

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Gold? Last pre-emissions-testing model year, and I can't imagine it's easy to find a non-cancerous shell of one of these.

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4151657196.html

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Does Portland not get snow or something?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Not much

Meho
Feb 1, 2006
Born to Lurk
Longtime lurker, first time poster, but my god, this has to qualify.....

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4098130094.html

I....just don't know what to think. It's insane, but gorgeous.

e - apparently I stink at linking images....

Meho fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 26, 2013

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tai-Pan posted:

Well, its all speculation I suppose. All vettes are collectable (well more so than say, a valiant) and this is the top of the line model with a manual transmission. They were ragingly fast for their time (fast by today's standards too), produced in limited numbers and incredibly reliable compared to their competitors.

While not as rare as GNX, it think a lot of the same ideas apply.
I cannot really think of a "better" vette you can get for the price, unless you mean newer, which totally misses the point of collector vehicle.

I would probably buy a solid driver ZR-1, but not one that looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. I'd want to thrash it, and some are simply too nice to do that to.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Meho posted:

I saw another wooden car not long ago, but I can't remember where (probably this thread). But why would you buy these things?! I imagine these require much more maintenance than parking it in a garage and only pulling it out for parades on sunny days.

On second thought I suppose if you really like woodworking this might be something neat to make. Those seats do look awesome, and uncomfortable.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Meho posted:

Incredible. Would buy two.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

TRIBUT.JPG

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Meho posted:

This is worth imghosting for posterity:

(you suck at linking images because image s.h.a.c.k is not an allowed image host on SA. Use Imgur.

Meho
Feb 1, 2006
Born to Lurk

Leperflesh posted:

This is worth imghosting for posterity:

(you suck at linking images because image s.h.a.c.k is not an allowed image host on SA. Use Imgur.

Thanks for the tip and thanks for the image. I have no idea what I'd do with it. I have no place to put it, but I want it.....

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/4141110221.html

I don't NEED it, but I want it!

EDIT

V6 :v:

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

That reminds me of yesterday. My boss and I talking cars on break, me asking if his Cherokee is a 4.0 inline 6 and him telling me it's a flat 6. Wha?

surivdaoreht fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 26, 2013

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Ask him "Subaru, or Porsche?"

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

Would it make more sense to have the steps staggered in the opposite direction? Not that this vehicle makes sense, but... that has to be a pain to open and then get into.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Possible gold? Looks drat clean for how old it is. I think you can even see a nice clean frame through the wheelwell. I don't like three on the tree as much as your standard floor-mounted shifter, but at least it's a manual.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4142613484.html

Edit: here's some more of the pictures:

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 26, 2013

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001
You know you are dealing with an optimist when they try to sell their replica in the same price range as the real thing

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
If you notice in the ad, it's actually a convincing replica of a replica.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

If you notice in the ad, it's actually a convincing replica of a replica.

That explains why the edges are so blurry.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

VideoTapir posted:

Ask him "Subaru, or Porsche?"

Corvair. :smug:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Fucknag posted:

Corvair. :smug:

Yeah, you specifically gotta leave that opening.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Illinois craigslist is just so full of people with dreams:

quote:

hello everybody , I have a offer , I have a miata 1995 , in good condition 150,000 miles (manual transmission). the car works perfectly and has oil change done every 2000 miles. I got my miata a month ago , and want to upgrade my self, I will trade the miata along with 3,000 dollars cash . My miata was worth around 4-5 k. and an extra 3-4 K should lend me a good car.
I am looking for a Porsche or any other eye catching sports convertible.

please feel free to send me offers, the worst i could say is "NO" .any way , I am open to all offers,

also

quote:

PROJECT 1999 MIATA SOFT TOP - $1000 (BEMENT)
GREAT PROJECT MOTER AND TRAN NEEDS TO BE PUT BACK IN CAR .NEW REBUILT HEAD NOT PUT ON. CAR IS IN GREAT SHAPE BLUE TOP FAIR HAVE EVERY THING TO FINISH EXTRA MOTER GOS WITH IT FINISHED WORTH 5000 DOLLARS GET THIS SPORTS CAR GREAT WINTER PROJECT IT IS IN MY BARN ONLY 1000 CASH HEAD COST 375 TO REBUILD 1,8L MOTER I DONT HAVE TIME TO FINISH NEW CLUTCH PLUS NEW HEAD GASKET BOTH MOTERS GOOD

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Kinda just want to troll this ad.....

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4118269159.html
Does the mid 40 year old woman come with?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Nope, just horrific gas mileage and a surprising lack of power.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Mighty Horse posted:

Nope, just horrific gas mileage and a surprising lack of power.

You forgot to add massive reliability issues!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
This car has been "GONNA TRASH IT I SWEAR I AM" since it was initially offered for something like $1800 at least a decade 8 months ago.

Note the laziness in that they don't even edit the other means of getting rid of it.

Craigslist posted:

Saab convertible - $600 (Sac)
DONATING CAR FRIDAY 11/1 at 3pm

The tow truck will be here at 3pm and they are giving me $600 for the Saab. Meet it or beat it.

Cash! I will not hold the car for anyone. First one with cash takes it and all the maintenance records with 3k in upkeep and records.

If you are interested, please send email with contact info. This car will be donated to charity this weekend.

I have a 1995 convertible Saab 900 se, V6, manual with a new motor put in (I have receipts to show) that only has 90k on the engine. The car is sound, I have receipts for all the work that was ever done from the date I bought it. I put tones of money into it the car for upgrades and updates.

It's been sitting for a year but it is currently registered and smogged.

$1300 or trade

Bc the car has been sitting so long, it needs a new clutch that I have called to get taken care of and for pricing. For this reason I have reduced the price plus tow ($200). Once fixed I will increase the price unless someone wants to take it before then. If someone wants the car before the car, I'll throw in the stage 1 clutch with it.

Will trade for pre smog car, preferably VW Bug, CJ jeep, El Camino, Chevelle or Nova

Keywords: vw, beetle, bug, chevy,el camino, hot rod, rat rod, old school, classic, trade

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I just saw that one on Ebay. Every once in a while I look for Comanches and kick myself for passing up the perfect one. Was an '87, full interior and front end swap from a 2000. Very mild lift, maybe an inch running only slightly bigger wheels. Thing was pristine, I6, 4x4 and everything worked. He only wanted $3000 for it and I couldn't muster the cash quick enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Rhyno posted:

I just saw that one on Ebay. Every once in a while I look for Comanches and kick myself for passing up the perfect one. Was an '87, full interior and front end swap from a 2000. Very mild lift, maybe an inch running only slightly bigger wheels. Thing was pristine, I6, 4x4 and everything worked. He only wanted $3000 for it and I couldn't muster the cash quick enough.

You've had your NC for how long now? It's old, man. Look him up.