Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Wait a minute serious question.

Anybody Here Murder Marty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Greggy posted:

Jonathan is pretty on board with juggalos. He doesn't like the music but he likes the lifestyle it seems like.

That's the Dark Carnival, bro! That's everything.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

UYD: QUILTHBAG

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The recent Tina Turner callback was on point.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
No Ike.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
There was a Tina = Meth reference in GTAV. The only reason I understood it was because of UYD.

So thanks, Schneere and Latern. Downright Talkin' 4 life.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ep 11. Seth starts ranting about how people that have had serious spinal injuries want to walk again. He gets well pissed about it and says you just can't loving walk, so can you stop goddamn trying. Smoke weed and watch movies. Forget that wanting to walk poo poo, noone has done it, you're not about to be the first.. just stop it already. This continues back to deaf people wanting to go to concerts to feel the vibrations.

I know deaf people who do this. Despite that I was literally having to hold onto something because I was laughing so hard. I can't share this podcast with anyone. Jesus Christ. UYD4LYFE

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
In a sub-100 episode j - dog talked about falling in love with a hope flower hippie dancing ASL interpreter at a grateful dead tribute band show.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

CaptainJuan posted:

In a sub-100 episode j - dog talked about falling in love with a hope flower hippie dancing ASL interpreter at a grateful dead tribute band show.

I could've sworn I just heard this on my second run, and I'm at 181.

Also, either 181, 182, or 183 (before the Brooklyn show) where Seth talks about how his love for tv has been threatened by the internet, and how he wants to have a laptop so he can use the internet in his room, so he doesn't cheat on "her" in the same room is amazing. I still lose it when he talks about some kid liberated from some Mormon sex camp saying "I've seen TV for the first time and I thought it was terrible" and Seth saying "I WILL WRING YOUR loving NECK". In one of Jonathan's best moments, he says "oh it's terrible, kid, but not for the reason you say"

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

CaptainJuan posted:

Is this different than the story in 392?

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
poo poo maybe it's that one. I have a bunch of eps loaded on my laptop and a bunch more on my phone that I listen to at work. I get lost sometimes OK?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
It took someone mentioning that once again for me to fully grasp the fact that Grateful Dead was a god drat jam band that doesn't really have any lyrics.

Now it's like 50 times funnier.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The poetry has started. I guess what's funny about it is Jah being unable to read it because he's laughing so hard at the sheer volume of utter bullshit that filled his head at that time.

Seth has ringxiety, tanerexia and IED and it's harsh man. Harsh. This Week in Florida has become a full fledged segment with an intro soundbyte. Podcast Rules.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 27, 2013

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Tony Montana posted:

The poetry has started. I guess what's funny about it is Jah being unable to read it because he's laughing so hard at the sheer volume of utter bullshit that filled his head at that time.

Seth has ringxiety, tanerexia and IED and it's harsh man. Harsh. This Week in Florida has become a full fledged segment with an intro soundbyte. Podcast Rules.

I absolutely love this :3:

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I can't keep reading this and not start over again.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Trying to get my roommate to start listening, if I were to give him a few of the best episodes listen to and hopefully suck him in what would you guys recommend? Are there any specific ones generally considered "the best"?

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
How about one of the best of compilations from the This Year podcast?

http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2013/04/57-uhh-yeah-dude-2006.html
http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2013/09/67-uhh-yeah-dude-2007.html
http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2013/01/47-uhh-yeah-dude-2012.html

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

These are awesome, I'm going to give them a listen. I think he wants to get a feel for the format and flow of the show though

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Shapur posted:

Trying to get my roommate to start listening, if I were to give him a few of the best episodes listen to and hopefully suck him in what would you guys recommend? Are there any specific ones generally considered "the best"?

If you can't trap him in a car on a roadtrip or something, a few Youtube links are a good way to gauge how much he'll like it.

My top 3 (in no order because they all loving rule):
Hey Dad You Killed Mom Again
Pedophile House Party
Craigslist Dad

My favorite episode overall is 237. It's got Jah's friends going to the gun range high on coke on Thanksgiving, a survey that 30% of Americans accept pets as part of the family but not gay couples, crazy poo poo people with diplomatic immunity have done, etc.

And this gem (one of my favorite bits), which my Kiwi friend and I are always quoting:

quote:

20:29 – A woman in Wisconsin was almost choked to death by her ex-boyfriend. She fought for her life and endured cuts and scratches on her throat and face. Her case was assigned to the Wisconsin District Attorney. The DA is also the chairman of a crime victim’s rights group. While prosecuting her case, after he met her, he sent her 30 sexual text messages in three days after meeting her. Some examples: “I’m the attorney. I have the $350,000 house. I have the six-figure career. You may be the tall, hot, young nymph, but I’m the prize. … Are you the kind of girl that likes secret conduct with an older, married, elected DA? The riskier, the better. … I want you to be so hot and treat me so well. Are you that good?” Another woman came out and said he invited her to an autopsy provided she would be his girlfriend and wear high heels and a miniskirt.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shapur posted:

These are awesome, I'm going to give them a listen. I think he wants to get a feel for the format and flow of the show though

The last couple of eps are a perfect place to dip in.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

The last couple of eps are a perfect place to dip in.

I agree with this. They are really on point right now. Can always dip in later.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
What was the song that played at the end of the latest ep? There is no information on it on the RSS like usual, and googling random lines gets nothing. At all.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

bigperm posted:

I agree with this. They are really on point right now. Can always dip in later.

This exact same turn of phrase gets dropped so frequently that it can be argued that our boys are always on fuckin' point.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
UYD: Always on point, dip in later

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jah said PCs are whack in the last episode. Who's got a steady job, Jono? WHO? Actually it's kinda amazing the anti-drug message I'm getting from this. Why does Seth rock so hard? His wit is razor sharp and he's always a step ahead of what's funny because he's just with it, he's not living in his own fantasy land. Not that Jah really is anymore, but he certainly did for a long time and so did I, I smoked a shitload of weed for ages and was sure that I had all the answers - only later you realize it's as bullshit as Jah's poetry.

Joe Rogan's podcast (which I came from to here) also made this point to me. He's a loving idiot really and unless you're stoned along with him you're thinking 'what is this?'.

Love Jah and still loving the podcast, but don't do drugs kids. Be Seth, not Jah.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Yeah Jah was sober for longer than Seth has been today, but I could never see Seth breaking it. To be fair, Jah never even got to experience adulthood with moderate drug/alcohol consumption, and 15 years is a long self-imposed penance for being a gently caress-up wannabe Hollywood drug-dealing teenager.

Seth's nutshelling of the situation the other week was amazing. "Right now you'd be some kind of weed kingpin..."

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
By sober do you mean weed or alcohol? Even if Seth smoked a joint or three, I can't see him losing himself in that world and starting to believe he understands the secrets of the universe and everyone else just doesn't get it. He's too grounded for that, even when he starts ranting about America which I'm learning is only part in jest, at least he believes in something and knows what that is.

I just recognize myself in Jah, in many ways. Then I realize how much cooler Seth is and how much fun it would be to hang with him :)

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I want to hang out with Jonathan, smoke weed and talk about obscure electronic artists and Rastafari.

Like, that's all.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
By all accounts, Seth's addictions were very, very deep. They never really get into it but it's inferred, like Jonathan saying he thought Seth would die. i think

there is also this from that time period
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CortezFantastic posted:

By all accounts, Seth's addictions were very, very deep. They never really get into it but it's inferred, like Jonathan saying he thought Seth would die. i think

there is also this from that time period
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

Whoa. That's real? Seth being very uncool :(

Is/was Seth a meth-head? That's what it looks like there.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Tony Montana posted:

This is just an old video done as a joke.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Tony Montana posted:

But yeah, I think it was said that he smoked some meth.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Everyone says that video is a joke but I really don't think it is at all. Just because it's edited doesn't mean it's a joke, and there's enough evidence that Seth was into meth/crack and flying off the handles like that in/after a hardcore drug binge is incredibly easy.. especially if you were denied an audition two seconds into it. It was a time before Youtube and all that, I couldn't see a crazy tweaker coming up with some sketch idea and executing it so he could show his other tweaker friends then send it into funny or die where they don't even say his name in the description.

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 30, 2013

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

it's a joke

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I sincerely hope we get to hear Seth get pissed off about Papa Laroquette doing a robot cop show.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

mcvey posted:

it's a joke

What is your evidence?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

roach cum puddle posted:

What is your evidence?

They kept the camera rolling?

Security doesn't run in within seconds?

I think Seth states that he did meth once. "It works." was the review, followed by a recollection of 3 people dealing with the hangover the next morning.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
He said he tried crack in a fairly recent ep, with something like "Yeah that was a good idea".

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 24, 2014

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Seth strikes me as someone who likes to be in control, since he is kinda neurotic. I'm sure his alcohol addiction could have been major, but I think the whole "no-drugs at all" this seems more like a life choice than him having serious problems with anything but alcohol.

but basically, Seth moved to Hollywood to become an actor, got a few roles, got a few commercials, started drinking, hosed around, got sober and is now working as a ?. Am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Jon Galt
May 22, 2002

IS A MAN NOT ENTITLED TO THE SWEAT DROP DOWN MY BALLS?
He sells medical marijuana