Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
Fishmech what state did you buy that codiene cough syrup at and what other ones can I buy em at to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
New Jersey, I've also seen it in PA and Virginia.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
OTC codeine cough syrup in the states? what?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

are you chris berman irl

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

uh yeah dude. they have to sell it in tiny 3 or 4 ounce bottles tho because of laws while normal cough syrups are 8 ounce and up

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
poo poo how am i supposed to make a cup of lean with only 4 oz of syrup??

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Install Windows posted:

uh yeah dude. they have to sell it in tiny 3 or 4 ounce bottles tho because of laws while normal cough syrups are 8 ounce and up
thanks, fishmech

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

thanks, fishmech

sometimes a brother need his fixins. Holla @ fishmech got my cuhs from PA loadin up right now gonna be feelin ok in a few hours. fridaynight mothafuckas

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

is there a wiki article about all the crazy drugs you used to be able to buy over the counter and what years and stuff? that'd at least be entertaining. same goes for other countries, like in south america how they buy a bag of coca leaves in the morning and stuff a few in the cheek throughout the day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hol;y poo poo thatd be a good book

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
id love to write/make a drug book. like try to not be all evil nor glamourise and include lots of poo poo no ones heard of. lots of big pictures and scratch n sniff on the weed pages

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Curuous About Quaaludes

echinopsis posted:

id love to write/make a drug book. like try to not be all evil nor glamourise and include lots of poo poo no ones heard of. lots of big pictures and scratch n sniff on the weed pages

include fake blotter and a pouch of images that the human visual system thinks shake or move or mess with it briedfly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it would be a cool project
not perhaps a good look for my career

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

echinopsis posted:

it would be a cool project
not perhaps a good look for my career

psuedonym like every other author, duh

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
:siren: goon project :siren:

now someone do that original and witty post about making the wiki

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

be careful or theyll doxxxxxx you!!!1

i banned some idiot in irc and he threatened to dox me which apparently involved a domain whois and then giving up

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Walter_Sobchak posted:

:siren: goon project :siren:

now someone do that original and witty post about making the wiki

nah im more of an idea guy

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Offsite wiki, but it's worth it because it's Left Behind and comic book poo poo

Nicolae Carpathia Monarch.jpg

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Play-Doh packaging was briefly illustrated with children in the mid-1950s, but replaced by an elf mascot which, in 1960, was superseded by Play-Doh Pete, a smock and beret-wearing cartoonish boy.[1] In 2002, Play-Doh Pete's beret was replaced with a baseball cap.[1] Since then, living Play-Doh cans are seen on commercials and a new mascot called Tubby was seen as a meet-and-greet at the 2012 Toy Fair.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Install Windows posted:

Play-Doh packaging was briefly illustrated with children in the mid-1950s, but replaced by an elf mascot which, in 1960, was superseded by Play-Doh Pete, a smock and beret-wearing cartoonish boy.[1] In 2002, Play-Doh Pete's beret was replaced with a baseball cap.[1] Since then, living Play-Doh cans are seen on commercials and a new mascot called Tubby was seen as a meet-and-greet at the 2012 Toy Fair.

please tell me that somewhere on the internet there's a community of creepy play-doh sperg

it'll make me feel better about my own :spergin:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

Anime (animis, n.; Iaponice アニメ, Anime; Anglice anime) est imminutus vocabuli Anglici animation pronuntiatus Iaponica, quod animationem significat. Extra Iaponiam, illud vulgo animationem Iaponicam demonstrat. Definitio aliquando circumiectu variatur.[1] In civitates Anglice loquentibus, hoc nomen usitatissime ad nubeculas animatas Iaponicas spectat.[2]

Quamquam primum anime Iaponicum notum anno 1917 factum est, multaeque nubeculae Iaponicae decennia sequentia divulgatae sunt, proprius anime modus decennio 197 evolutus est—insigniter in operibus Osamu Tezuka—et extra Iaponiam decennio 199 latissime notus est.

Anime, sicut manga, magnam audientium frequentiam in Iaponia et certam approbationem per orbem terrarum habet. Qui oblectamenta distribuant anime emissionibus televisificis, recte via video,? vel in interrete et theatris liberare possunt.

Exempla anime manu aut computatro effecta fiunt. Anime in seriebus televisificis, pelliculis, videogrammatibus,? ludis videogrammaticis?, nuntiis commercialibus, et missionibus in interrete adhibetur, atque plurima fictionis genera attingit. Cum forum anime in Iaponia cresceret, populi favorem in Asia Orientali et Asia Meridio-Orientali consecutum est.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://la.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

Anime (animis, n.; Iaponice アニメ, Anime; Anglice anime) est imminutus vocabuli Anglici animation pronuntiatus Iaponica, quod animationem significat. Extra Iaponiam, illud vulgo animationem Iaponicam demonstrat. Definitio aliquando circumiectu variatur.[1] In civitates Anglice loquentibus, hoc nomen usitatissime ad nubeculas animatas Iaponicas spectat.[2]

Quamquam primum anime Iaponicum notum anno 1917 factum est, multaeque nubeculae Iaponicae decennia sequentia divulgatae sunt, proprius anime modus decennio 197 evolutus est—insigniter in operibus Osamu Tezuka—et extra Iaponiam decennio 199 latissime notus est.

Anime, sicut manga, magnam audientium frequentiam in Iaponia et certam approbationem per orbem terrarum habet. Qui oblectamenta distribuant anime emissionibus televisificis, recte via video,? vel in interrete et theatris liberare possunt.

Exempla anime manu aut computatro effecta fiunt. Anime in seriebus televisificis, pelliculis, videogrammatibus,? ludis videogrammaticis?, nuntiis commercialibus, et missionibus in interrete adhibetur, atque plurima fictionis genera attingit. Cum forum anime in Iaponia cresceret, populi favorem in Asia Orientali et Asia Meridio-Orientali consecutum est.

literally the most worthless thing you can find on wikipedia

wrap it up

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Orbi posted:

literally the most worthless thing you can find on wikipedia

wrap it up

actually

Sailor Moon (Iaponice: 美少女戦士セーラームーン, Bishōjo Senshi Sērā Mūn, 'Pulchra Miles Nauta Luna') est manga a Naoko Takeuchi delineata et animatio Iaponica ab anno 1992 emissa.

Sailor Moon gloriam maximam consecuta est: tertia ab animationibus efficacissimis mundi et animatio vulgatissima Iaponica; in quinque gradibus distributa 200 "epesodia" effecta sunt.

Usagi Tsukino discipula quattuordecim annos nata felem atram loquentem Lunam appellatam invenit, quae Usaginem Sailor Moon (Latine: Nauta Luna) militem cum magia esse dicit, et munus Terram, ac totam galaxiam, salvare est. Pincipissa Lunaris inveniunda, et Terra custodienda a nonnullis gregibus malis sunt Usagini. Regnum Obscurum prima ex his gregibus, quod temporibus praeteritis Regnum Lunare ruit.

Paulatim Sailor Moon caeteras Sailor Senshi (Latine: Nautae Milites) invenit, ac de vita praeterita sua discat: ipsa Pincipissa Lunaris quae in Regno Lunari cum Regina Serenitas (Iaponice: クィーン・セレニティ Kuīn Sereniti; Anglice: Queen Serenity) et Sailor Senshi habitabat, et Principem Endymion in Terra habitantem amabat. In bello contra Regnum Obscurum, Regina Principissam, Sailor Senshi, Endymion et omnes gentes lunares ad vitas novas tempore futuro vivendum misit.

Historia evolutionante, Sailor Senshi de inimicis ac vitis praeteritis plus discant, et vim novam adquirunt. Socii quoque inveniunt, v.g. Tuxedo Mask et Outer Senshi (Latine: Exterae Nautae). Regno Obscuro caso, inimici novi adsunt, cuius fines Terram gubernare vel ruere sunt, omnes e spatio cosmico adventi.

Historia quinque partibus arcibus appellatis facta, omnes et in anime et in manga, cum nominibus dissimilibus, monstrata:

Regni Obscuri arcus: Usagi Lunam invenit, et cum caeteris Sailor Senshi Principissam Lunarem Crystallum Argenteumque ad Regnum Obscurum vincendum quaerit.
Lunae Nigrae arcus: Chibiusa, filia Usaginis futura, adest in tempore praeterito et Crystallum Argenteum quaerit ad Tokium e Crystallo, quae futura sedes Usaginis, salvandum.
Infinitatis arcus: Usagi Outer Senshi invenit, cum quibus et Sailor Senshi contra Victores Mortis, qui mundum ruere volunt, pugnat.
Lunae Mortuae Circi arcus: Regina Neherenia, imperatrix Lunae Mortuae Circi, Crystallum Aureum quaerit, et Helios (Sailor Moon) imagine pegasi utens Chibiusae auxilium rogat.
Stellarum arcus: Sailor Moon contra Sailor Galaxia (Latine: Nauta Galaxia) a Chao gubernatam pugnat, quae in omnibus planetis irrumpit ad semina stellaria trahenda.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
if you're going that route you might as well just post all of jbo.wikipedia.org

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

This article is about wrestling as a form of rehearsed entertainment. For the Olympic sport, see Wrestling. For wrestling as a competitive sport at a professional level, see Professional wrestling (disambiguation).

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
oh hey, jimbo is still on his "children in africa" kick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24662267

quote:

Wikipedia has begun piloting a service that sends articles via text message, primarily aimed at users in Africa. The online encyclopaedia has partnered with mobile operator Airtel to offer the free initiative which is being tested out in Kenya. It is hoped the service will be used to reach people who do not have internet access.

The trial will be active for three months, said Dan Foy, technical partner manager for the Wikimedia Foundation. "Throughout most of the developing world, data-enabled smartphones are the exception, not the rule," he wrote. "That means billions of people currently cannot see Wikipedia on their phones."

Adoption of cheap mobiles in Africa is widespread, and in many regards the mobile industry across the continent is more advanced than in more developed parts of the world.

Tom Jackson, [an Englishman] who edits African technology news website HumanIPO, said Wikipedia's initiative would be warmly welcomed. "There has been a steady move towards putting educational material online in many African countries, led mainly by the private sector rather than governments, but access to the internet remains a problem given that most Africans surf on their phones rather than browsers.

"This step increases the chances of access, especially as there is functionality to provide Wikipedia via SMS. Feature phones are still dominant in Africa, so this is a helpful addition." He added: "I just hope it comes with the same warnings that European and American kids are given about taking Wikipedia at face value!"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

remind me again how jimbo is supposed to be an objectivist

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Brazilian waxing is more controversial than other types of waxing.[18][19](p528) Like all waxing, it can be a physically painful experience during and after waxing,[14][19](p531)[20][21](p161) which some believe can become more unpleasant if receiving cunnilingus from a bearded partner.[19](p233)[21](p89)

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Gazpacho posted:

oh hey, jimbo is still on his "children in africa" kick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24662267

airtel is the worlds worst mobile carrier gj wales you managed to pick the worst turd in the turdsea

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

RZApublican posted:

remind me again how jimbo is supposed to be an objectivist

he might be one of those people who interpret rand to mean they should be a captain of industry who uses western society's superior technology and culture to raise up the uncivilized people of the world. and by "raise up" of course i mean "bring them the gospel of libertarianism"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

would donate bitcoin to a charity that will send libertarian missionaries to Somalia

if somalians only knew the power of the free market, they would be Africa's economic leaders

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enjo-kosai

paying people to have sex with you is totally not prostitution when it happens in glorious nippon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
A randoseru (ランドセル?) is a firm-sided backpack made of stitched firm leather or leather-like synthetic material, most commonly used in Japan by elementary schoolchildren. Traditionally it is given to a child upon beginning his or her first year of school. The term is a borrowed word from the Dutch "ransel" meaning "backpack", a clue to its origins nearly 200 years ago as used in the Netherlands.[1]

a child's backpack BUT IN JAPAN

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

is there a wiki article about all the crazy drugs you used to be able to buy over the counter and what years and stuff? that'd at least be entertaining. same goes for other countries, like in south america how they buy a bag of coca leaves in the morning and stuff a few in the cheek throughout the day

a friend of mine went to peru for a wedding in his girlfriend's family. he was telling me at the wedding they had a big pile of coca leaves and even little kids were going up and grabbing some to chew on

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

a friend of mine went to peru for a wedding in his girlfriend's family. he was telling me at the wedding they had a big pile of coca leaves and even little kids were going up and grabbing some to chew on

Ok naive terd posters. It takes absolutely thousands of coca leaves to produce any cocaine. This is why it's not homegrown in someones house in the States it's just not realistic to grow enough plants. Chewing on the leaves is an incredibly mild stimulant at best and nothing at all like cocaine you morans.

its also used for elevation sickness so tons of yosposters that have visisted south america and hiked on some mountains with a tour group have eaten plenty.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Ok naive terd posters. It takes absolutely thousands of coca leaves to produce any cocaine. This is why it's not homegrown in someones house in the States it's just not realistic to grow enough plants. Chewing on the leaves is an incredibly mild stimulant at best and nothing at all like cocaine you morans.

its also used for elevation sickness so tons of yosposters that have visisted south america and hiked on some mountains with a tour group have eaten plenty.

it's kinda weird like a little kid drinking coffee

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Ok naive terd posters :spergin:

yes i know they use coca leaves like coffee or tobacco. its just a funny cultural difference to people like me who grew up learning "coca plant == cocaine omg"

also yes when i throw family parties i dont put out a kiddie table full of red bull and marlboros

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 27, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
they also have this plant called "qat" in arabia/africa, where people chew the leaves all day for stimulant effects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm more of a betel nut chewer myself