Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

futile posted:

Do you have enbhost.exe in your skyrim folder?

Both do a great job, but I think EFF is better due to its much lighter footprint in the game. It also has the cool onscreen UI and command wheel when talking to followers (if you're using the beta).

That did it. The default DOF options seems fairly weak and unnoticeable. Although I'm already noticing my framerate going down into 45's so it might be a good time to stop with the visual mods. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Man, I just want lady giants in my game for IMMMERSION. But it seems I can't do that without getting Immersive Creatures or Monster Mod--the latter I'm considering--which both have a lot of stuff I don't like.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
There actually aren't such things, at least as far as Daggerfall and Skyrim lore go

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 25, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Giants just mate with the mammoths. :shepface:

Why do you want this mod again?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Timeless Appeal posted:

Man, I just want lady giants in my game for IMMMERSION. But it seems I can't do that without getting Immersive Creatures or Monster Mod--the latter I'm considering--which both have a lot of stuff I don't like.

At least with Immersive Creatures you can turn individual creatures (and other features) on/off from the mod configuration menu.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Gyshall posted:

There actually aren't such things, at least as far as Daggerfall and Skyrim lore go
Is there an actual explanation to how they exist then?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

A wizard did it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Is there an actual explanation to how they exist then?

they gently caress mammoths and lay eggs

futile
May 18, 2009
Last I knew the amount of info in the TES series on giants is almost zero, so nobody really knows. You won't regret installing SIC though. That mod is incredible.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
The wikia page, at least, acknowledges that you don't see any in the game but says the social or anatomical reason for that is not revealed in the game. I think the most reasonable explanation is that no one wanted to spend the time making female models and textures or re-recording a female version of the giant voice.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

You know those bags of mammoth cheese?

That isn't cheese.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Here's something that's been bothering me for a while now, and I'm not sure which mod actually is the problem: I start the game, it's all good and 60fps, but whenever I spend some time inside inside (houses, caves) and go back outside my frames drop to 10 and lower. Saving, quitting and restarting Skyrim from where I left off brings my FPS back up to 60.

futile
May 18, 2009
Do you run an ENB?

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

futile posted:

Do you run an ENB?
Happens with and without ENB. I don't run a texture pack, my cells are still at 5.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

giZm posted:

Happens with and without ENB. I don't run a texture pack, my cells are still at 5.

Have you tried opening Skyrimprefs.ini and changing:

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1

?

futile
May 18, 2009
That's a strange problem. Usually having sudden mass fps drops was being caused by ENB users not having videomemorysizemb set properly in enblocal.ini. Outside of that the only real guess I have is that maybe your VRAM is being maxed out?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

giZm posted:

Here's something that's been bothering me for a while now, and I'm not sure which mod actually is the problem: I start the game, it's all good and 60fps, but whenever I spend some time inside inside (houses, caves) and go back outside my frames drop to 10 and lower. Saving, quitting and restarting Skyrim from where I left off brings my FPS back up to 60.

It sort of sounds like you're running out of VRAM. If you alt+tab out and back into the game does your FPS return to normal? That's usually indicative of a VRAM problem, because alt+tabbing purges everything in video memory.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

God drat I love ENB.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

futile posted:

That's a strange problem. Usually having sudden mass fps drops was being caused by ENB users not having videomemorysizemb set properly in enblocal.ini. Outside of that the only real guess I have is that maybe your VRAM is being maxed out?

It's not that unusual, when you switch between cells the game only purges a certain percentage of what's in your VRAM. This is why when you enter a building in Skyrim and exit said building, the load screen to get back outside is so much quicker than the first time you are loading it - much of the information about your prior location is still in your memory buffer.

What happens in Skyrim is when you go indoors and back outside, the game is retaining about 30% of the textures in memory that you loaded at the indoor location, to speed up zoning back into that location should you choose to immediately do so. To me it sounds like giZm is close to maxing out his VRAM while outdoors already and doesn't know it until it manifests into a problem when you add the remnant textures from those indoor locations to the equation. You'd experience this same problem going from outdoors to indoors if you were loading an indoor location with as many MB of textures as your average outdoor location in Skyrim has, but no locations like that really exist in the game.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 25, 2013

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

khy posted:

God drat I love ENB.

Using Spells Will Give Off Light? That's a great mod. I just wish there was some way to set its lighting independently of the rest of the point lighting in the world... I have ambient lighting almost completely disabled so the only light I see comes from actual light sources. However because of that I had to jack point lighting way up.

Which makes my spells loving blinding. Oh well. :smith:

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Ularg posted:

Have you tried opening Skyrimprefs.ini and changing:

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
Yes.

futile posted:

I used the optimizer linked in this thread, and my vidmemsize is properly calculated.

SheepNameKiller posted:

It sort of sounds like you're running out of VRAM. If you alt+tab out and back into the game does your FPS return to normal? That's usually indicative of a VRAM problem, because alt+tabbing purges everything in video memory.
Haven't tried that yet, I've only used the clear video memory option of ENB, but that didn't fix it.

edit: goddamnit I had the High Res Pack running without realizing it. Disabling fixed it. Bah!

giZm fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 25, 2013

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

giZm posted:

Haven't tried that yet, I've only used the clear video memory option of ENB, but that didn't fix it.

I'm not 100% certain but it definitely sounds like a VRAM issue, for reasons I detailed a couple posts up. If alt+tabbing fixes it then I'd be relatively sure of it, in fact.

It's possible if you shrink shadow sizes (are they are 4096 currently?) you'll see this problem go away entirely.

^^ Cool, I'm glad you found the culprit, truthfully I gave the highres pack up myself in exchange for performance a while ago

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 25, 2013

khy
Aug 15, 2005

kedo posted:

Using Spells Will Give Off Light? That's a great mod. I just wish there was some way to set its lighting independently of the rest of the point lighting in the world... I have ambient lighting almost completely disabled so the only light I see comes from actual light sources. However because of that I had to jack point lighting way up.

Which makes my spells loving blinding. Oh well. :smith:

Nope, I'm not using any spell lighting mod (Unless it's bundled with another mod I have, but I don't really use any lighting mods other than ENB).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I was hesitant before because someone said the Texture Pack Combiner was being replaced but now I'm thinking I'm going to need it. Would I just be right clicking the texture mods in MO and hitting uninstall, get texture pack combiner and use their readme/install process to add texture mods from there? I'm still using quite a few and haven't found any all encompassing packs that does absolutely everything I want. For example the Realistic Overhaul not touching rocks.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Suddenly I can't play Skyrim anymore. Everytime I try to play it crashes within 30 minutes with a Visual C++ 2010 error (r6025). I've tried running without mods on a new savefile. I've tried reinstalling Visual C++, I've tried verifying and reinstalling the game. No matter what the error persists. Anyone have any clue what might cause this?

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Are there any mods besides Morrowloot that give you options for obtaining higher level armors without smithing? I like the idea behind Morrowloot but its just a little too restrictive for my tastes and I really don't like that it adds a bunch of items.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Viperix posted:

Are there any mods besides Morrowloot that give you options for obtaining higher level armors without smithing? I like the idea behind Morrowloot but its just a little too restrictive for my tastes and I really don't like that it adds a bunch of items.

Try Dynamic Loot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEyR6w2JSyo

It changes up the level lists and loot tables on enemies to drop what is more appropriate for the enemy you fight. Some human enemies will actually have their gear already enchanted which will make them a tougher fight but you will be able to loot their enchanted gear if you kill them. You can tweak the % rates on how rare those type of items are.

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

I just reinstalled Skyrim and started a fresh game with just a few mods but I've already run into a huge problem; all the creature AI seems to be screwed up.

The spiders in the first cave that drop down sat there for 30 seconds before doing anything, and the wolfs on the way to the first town just sat there doing nothing while I hit them to death. The dog in the first town is completely frozen.

I've managed to temporarily fix the problem by disabling Dawnguard.esm, which is weird seeing as it's a master file, I don't really understand what's going on here. Any help at all would be appreciated!

Here is the mods I am using and the load order:
code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPERG.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Dawnguard.esp
better_torches_brighter_torchlight.esp
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
EpisodeParallax.esp
SkyUI.esp
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-2.esp
prod80_CoT_patch_FogEdition.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG-DG.esp
WATER.esp

futile
May 18, 2009
Those mods shouldn't even be touching combat styles or AI packages except for the unofficial patches, and those should have no issues. You could try verifying your skyrim installation with steam to make sure the masters aren't corrupted?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
What version of the unofficial patches?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I figured out my crash on entering House Grey-Mane, from back at this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3567959&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28#post420874922

It occurs if Dreogan's Skyforge Weapons 1.0c has its skyforgedWeapons.esp loaded after the aMidianBorn Book of Silence - WEAPONS' 1.9 aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp. If the order is reversed, the crash goes away.

Not sure why it actually crashes, or if it's safe to just load Dreogan's Skyforge stuff first and let aMidianBorn overwrite. The load order which results in a crash was set by BOSS. No idea what will be broken. Obviously they both deal with skyforge weapons, but a crash was unexpected. I am currently using the non-replacer version of Dreogan's, and having that ESP load after the aMidianBorn ESP also lets me enter the house. So, two workarounds.

edit: Eorlund was in the house, so he may be related to triggering the issue

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

futile posted:

Those mods shouldn't even be touching combat styles or AI packages except for the unofficial patches, and those should have no issues. You could try verifying your skyrim installation with steam to make sure the masters aren't corrupted?

Verifying cache now, will report back.

Kilroy posted:

What version of the unofficial patches?

Skyrim Patch: 1.3.3c
Dawnguard Patch: 1.2.4
Hearthfire Patch: 1.1.2

To clarify, it doesn't seem to be affecting any creatures so far except wolves, dogs and the spiders when they were dropping down. Deer and rabbits are acting as normal.

tradjik fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 26, 2013

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I thought maybe you had installed the beta patches but not gotten the load order right.

tradjik
Mar 2, 2007

Well, verifying the cache found 6 corrupted files, which is weird seeing as I redownloaded the entire game just a few hours ago. Everything seems fixed. Thanks guys!

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Are there any good house mods for a Dwemer tower? Kind of like the Reachwind Eyrie one. For the life of me I can't find anything decent on Nexus.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Der Luftwaffle posted:

Are there any good house mods for a Dwemer tower? Kind of like the Reachwind Eyrie one. For the life of me I can't find anything decent on Nexus.
There was a mod that put one right outside Helgen... but you said 'good'. Unless realistic making GBS threads physics is important to you Levelers Tower is not 'good'.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Levelers Tower is also more of a cheat/testing mod than anything. Also not good. But it has working toilets! :downs:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I think the last time I checked it out he had just released it, and it was terrible. I just checked it out again, and I gotta say the guy has certainly put a lot of effort into it. Shame he has such poor taste :(

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's this mod which looks decent enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
Anyone who knows any nice looking light armor mods that looks good with the bandelier mod?

• Locked thread