Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Algid
Oct 10, 2007

He's probably based off of some sort of hibernation module for traveling through space, so basically the ultimate trump power that just shuts everything down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Alternative option - he's called the Sleeper because his power is dormant and monstrously powerful. Just an ordinary guy whose buttons nobody wants to push in case they end up missing a universe or two.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I seriously hope there's a planned aftermath/reactions chapter from the POV of everyone but Weaver; Protectorate, Undersiders, internet chatroom, everyone, as they realise the smart bug kid from a B-list team is now an all-controlling god-queen.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 24, 2013

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Speaking of the Undersiders, they haven't been appearing much lately which is a shame. Tattletale's popped up here and there but it feels like it's been forever since any of the rest of them had anything to do.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
AAAAAAAAH!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Holy poo poo, this just keeps getting tenser.

30.5 I was wondering when the third entity would show up. Too bad it wasn't the third entity. And kudos to whoever called Taylor losing her humanity as she kept using the capes.

I don't know how things can get worse from this point.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 24, 2013

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Man that chapter was intense. Wildbows really good at keeping his cards close to his chest, I honestly have no idea how they'll pull this off and we're only a few chapters from the end.

I also can't figure out what form a sequel will take since they've expended almost every cape in every possible earth.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how many people will blame Taylor for the deaths that took place under her control and how many will realize they probably would have died anyway?

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

That was an intense chapter. I keep thinking that we've finally hit the nadir, it's all good from now on, but then Wildbow happens.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Pierson posted:

I seriously hope there's a planned aftermath/reactions chapter from the POV of everyone but Weaver; Protectorate, Undersiders, internet chatroom, everyone, as they realise the smart bug kid from a B-list team is now an all-controlling god-queen.

I'd think the chatroom is pretty much defunct now.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Pierson posted:

I don't think anyone's thought of Skitter as 'just' a smart bug kid from a B-List team for quite some time now.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
It hadn't really been that long since though.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

veekie posted:

It hadn't really been that long since though.

It's been a couple of years since the Brockton Bay incident, particularly the killing of Alexandria. The public doesn't know she killed Alexandria and just think she was a part of it, and with her showing up again due to Pretender, I'm not entirely sure what the thought is on that. However, I do think she's got a bit more status than B-list and has for some time now.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

That just further emphasizes the need to expand the Arc containing Weaver's time within the Wards program. There's just too much of a gap there.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Fellwenner posted:

That just further emphasizes the need to expand the Arc containing Weaver's time within the Wards program. There's just too much of a gap there.

Yeah, that bit does need elaborating on but then it's already 1.5mil words or so.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Tollymain posted:

I wonder how many people will blame Taylor for the deaths that took place under her control and how many will realize they probably would have died anyway?

I doubt she's planning on living long enough to find out, but I'd wager the majority will see that they've done more damage to scion and suffered fewer casualties under Taylor's control than they ever managed operating individually and that only the few, the proud, the jackass will take personal affront to her controlling them.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Dietrich posted:

I doubt she's planning on living long enough to find out, but I'd wager the majority will see that they've done more damage to scion and suffered fewer casualties under Taylor's control than they ever managed operating individually and that only the few, the proud, the jackass will take personal affront to her controlling them.

I really, really doubt that most people will be OK with what happened and wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kill her immediately upon being released.

Edit: I mean, if she can take out Scion that mean she is more dangerous than all the Endbringers combined.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I totally forgot there was that huge chunk of skipped time. We already got some chapters about it but more would always be nice.

Did he say whether he was going to self-publish, or shop it around after another pass of editing?

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Piell posted:

I really, really doubt that most people will be OK with what happened and wouldn't be surprised if they tried to kill her immediately upon being released.

Edit: I mean, if she can take out Scion that mean she is more dangerous than all the Endbringers combined.

quote:

Can you imagine it? You could use your power, and then we could make one superperson out of a hundred capes, and all of the powers would be full strength because you helped and we could use it to stop one of the Endbringers, and the whole world would be like, ‘Are we supposed to clap’? Can you picture it?” Bonesaw was getting so excited with her idea that she was almost breathless.

I doubt it'll work out so 'nicely' as this.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dietrich posted:

the few, the proud, the jackass

I'm not so sure this couldn't be used to describe a majority of capes :mmmhmm:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Pierson posted:

This is assuming she releases control of anyone when she is done with scion, with a sequel planned I could easily see taylor being some sort of background threat in whatever form the remnants of humanity takes.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Hrm, is it just me or is her command of language getting better the more of her army dies?

I'm so looking forward to Saturday.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Okay, this is pretty cool. This reference is from the current chapter, but goes back to the Slaughterhouse Nine arcs:

Wildbow posted:

...I watched as Scion’s partner came to life. There was only one growth at first, like a stem, a human-sized body, pure white.

The rest bloomed forth beneath it. A garden of body parts, hands, stretches of flesh, a maze of parts, all interconnected, all flowing from the piece in the center. All of it alive, this time. The garden, as Golem had said.

From the comments section of the most recent chapter:

Wildbow posted:

Ascaloth posted:

Wait.

Wait.

Wait just a darn minute here.

Eden is described as “A garden of body parts, hands, stretches of flesh, a maze of parts, all interconnected, all flowing from the piece in the center. All of it alive, this time.”

Is it just me? Or can not the same be said of GLORY GIRL?
Funny how parallels appear. Almost as if Panacea had been recreating something from something she saw in a trigger event.

I don't know how much of that was intentional, versus Wildbow taking credit for coincidence, but hot drat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I wouldn't be surprised if that was completely intentional - there's a LONG game at work here. But conversely, good writers of things like this tend to drop in bits and pieces that sound cool at the time, and hang plot on them later, so it could go either way.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Tattletale can really piss anything off. Holy poo poo, that cracked me up good when I saw Scion's reaction.

r0ff13c0p73r
Sep 6, 2008

Zasze posted:

This is assuming she releases control of anyone when she is done with scion, with a sequel planned I could easily see taylor being some sort of background threat in whatever form the remnants of humanity takes.

The portals are down so she's lost most of her control Her normal range is around 16 feet (or was it yards?).

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Feet. She wouldn't have minded nearly as much if it was yards, she could work with that, but any shorter and it'd be touch range.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Worm: And then... it got kinda better, for some people.

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.
Holy poo poo, they actually got him. Who was the boy with the changing faces?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

big sperma shot posted:

Holy poo poo, they actually got him. Who was the boy with the changing faces?

Oliver.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

I kind of get it but I need someone to walk me through it. Oliver was important because he drank half a potion, right? Did he drink the other half of Noelle's thing? I forget. Anyhow, he drank the "balance" half, and that makes him like the entity because...I can't quite put it together. Because his appearance and identity changes on some variable that I can't decipher? That made him seem like the partner entity to Scion?

edit: From the comments: "Did Taylor just bully Scion to death…?" Holy poo poo, I think she did. That's pretty amazing.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Jesus.

The best part for me, as they've been building it up over several updates, was her recollection/speech suffering as she became less and less human.

Like, small typos at first, then stuttering, losing grasp on her anchors, and finally in this update outright forgetting names and replacing them with titles- dog girl, brilliant friend, faerie queen.

Not sure why, but that was just so effective to me at showing her deteriorating mental state.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Seriously, if he knew how Zion would have probably killed himself.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Fellwenner posted:

Hey, you. You deserve a medal or something for linking Worm without comment in the Dresden thread. If you had mentioned it was a million loving words I would never have read it. Good job, you.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

Seriously, if he knew how Zion would have probably killed himself.

He did, he picked a fight with Taylor.

:black101:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did Glaistig Ulaine just go along with Taylor's final plan of her own accord at the end there?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hawkgirl posted:

edit: From the comments: "Did Taylor just bully Scion to death…?" Holy poo poo, I think she did. That's pretty amazing.

Taylor has always been good at psychological warfare.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think Glaistig might have just left Taylor to her own devices because she knew Taylor's just about as good as gone already.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

And to think this all started with a girl getting shoved into a locker full of used tampons.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

I think Glaistig might have just left Taylor to her own devices because she knew Taylor's just about as good as gone already.

I think it was a case of Glaistig being more than aware that her objective of simply putting him to sleep wasn't viable anymore. She'd lost and knew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Well, I definitely didn't see that ending coming but it tied the story together nicely. Only one update left. Extremely high cost for Taylor though. What she's suffering now is essentially the endgame of the Bonesaw plague from the s9 chapters. Inability to recognize much of anything.

• Locked thread