Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

Oenis posted:

With the rate at which these games come out, and their general popularity, I believe we could do with a Skinner Box Game General thread? Frankly, the cookie game is kind of dead anyways, because there haven't really been any content updates for weeks. I'm sitting on 11111 HC and I don't even know why I'm still keeping the tab open.

I hate the mandatory potion brewing in the Candybox 2 game. So tedious. I'm stuck at the castle gate and I probably need a P or X potion, am I right? Or am I missing something else?

I just fought through and used a turtle potion near the end I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fnoigy
Apr 9, 2007

I'm fine. Why do you ask?

Red Metal posted:

You have to use http://candybox2.net/?slot= (replace # with the slot you saved in).

Why does the save function work like this? It's the main reason I don't play Candy Box.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Fnoigy posted:

Why does the save function work like this? It's the main reason I don't play Candy Box.
Yeah. Say what you will about Cookie Clicker, but I never once to had to mess with anything save-related. It just...remembers. Meanwhile, the first time I played Candy Box (the first one) it lost all my progress when I closed my browser, and that was that as far as I was concerned.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Is it just me or does Candy Box 2 fall into an annoyingly long lull after unlocking the forest? I got all the stuff from the shops (except for the hats) and I still can't beat it. My only option is to wait for a ton of candies, then eat them for HP.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Color Printer posted:

Is it just me or does Candy Box 2 fall into an annoyingly long lull after unlocking the forest? I got all the stuff from the shops (except for the hats) and I still can't beat it. My only option is to wait for a ton of candies, then eat them for HP.

Ask the dragon for a challenge and abuse the hell out of black magic when you get there.

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Hey, 60 new posts! Wait, 80% are off topic.

Seriously, go make a Candy Box thread.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Any trick for killing the dev? I get him down to pretty low but I can't take his 3rd attacks

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

washow posted:

Any trick for killing the dev? I get him down to pretty low but I can't take his 3rd attacks

Take off your enchanted knight armor and use a berserk potion.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Huh, somehow I got 105% cooldown reduction from the well, when it should top off at 90%. Now I can just hold down the fireball button and destroy everything.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I got 190% or something, it's kinda nice for spamming demons, with thousands of health everything dies.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Desfore posted:

Huh, somehow I got 105% cooldown reduction from the well, when it should top off at 90%. Now I can just hold down the fireball button and destroy everything.

How did you get this?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

washow posted:

How did you get this?

Once you complete the game, some stuff opens up that lets you get more resources.

Alternatively, if you spent bars on nothing else but magic upgrades at the well, that might do it to. I didn't stop to check how many upgrades it actually took to get no cooldown.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What do chocolate bars and lollipops do? And does throwing candy on the ground do anything?

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
^^ Keep playing the game, both have several uses. Throwing enough candy will eventually get you a Chocolate Bar, too.

washow posted:

Ultimate cheese method: turns out if you have ~1500 health, a turtle potion, and cast Erase Magic while you're rubbing up against him he'll kill himself with his own black hole.

washow posted:

How did you get this?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, because after I beat the game I kept upgrading my magic till the option went away, then started upgrading the next thing on the list. I went to my inventory tab and all those "power" upgrades went right to magic. I was at 210% cooldown, which thankfully didn't break anything. The option did go away at 90% though, if I counted correctly.

COOKIE CLICKER TALK:
So I'm at ~550 chips now, and I'll be at 750 if I reset. Should I? I could feasibly get up to 1000 if I payed attention to my golden cookies but I'm feeling kinda meh about just sitting there building up cookies with no more upgrades to really spend them on. I've kinda just been letting it idle without paying much attention to it (very wrong, I know). How do you guys keep going after you're "done"? Building targets? CpS goals?

Additionally, does anyone have a reliable strategy down for speed baking? I know III is almost impossible, but getting I and II in my next reset would be neat.

Ramengank fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 26, 2013

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
I think for I and II, that if you are just playing well, they should happen pretty easily. Just need to make sure you hit all the golden cookies. You want to get the two clicking upgrades in the hopes that your first golden cookie gives you a click frenzy, then just try for III.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
15 000 candy so I have a chance at maybe killing the cave bosses, wow that's a lot of candies. Am I supposed to wait for that or grind the bridge boss or what?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

15 000 candy so I have a chance at maybe killing the cave bosses, wow that's a lot of candies. Am I supposed to wait for that or grind the bridge boss or what?

Do the games in the Gaming House. If you get far enough in the second one you can get like 10k easy. And the cheaper game is fairly entertaining and can give you a fair chunk of candy as well, if you get good at it. If you don't have access to the Gaming House, check the trees to the north of the village.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Ramengank posted:

Additionally, does anyone have a reliable strategy down for speed baking? I know III is almost impossible, but getting I and II in my next reset would be neat.

Remember that buying heavenly chips upgrades stops you from getting those achievements.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Are farms useless? I have 100 farms, and they are only producing 8000 CPS, and that is with a bunch of multipliers for it. I almost don't wanna go for the 200 farm achievement since they are so useless, unless getting that extra milk gives more CPS than the farms do or something.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

I spent all my chocolate bars on enchants so I don't have any left for pains au chocolat.
Beat the game though. Got the talking candy and opened up the chest.

But I'm still missing one item next to the claws

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Are farms useless? I have 100 farms, and they are only producing 8000 CPS, and that is with a bunch of multipliers for it. I almost don't wanna go for the 200 farm achievement since they are so useless, unless getting that extra milk gives more CPS than the farms do or something.

Don't forget each farm also gives you +332.6 CPS per cursor. Also, there's no 200 farm achievement (yet).

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

washow posted:

I spent all my chocolate bars on enchants so I don't have any left for pains au chocolat.
Beat the game though. Got the talking candy and opened up the chest.

But I'm still missing one item next to the claws

Your missing item is probably the pitchfork if you're missing the one to the right of the claw
And if you've beaten the game you can use the computer and give yourself as many candies, lollipops, chocolates or pain au chocolats.

Thea Dolorosa
May 13, 2007
Let's Not.

ProfessionalNinja posted:

With 240 cursors and all cursor and antimatter condenser upgrades you should have 75 more farms than antimatter condensers. With 200 cursors and all upgrades except the 240 cursor upgrade and 100 condenser upgrade, you should have 73 more farms than condensers. Basically at the endgame everything from Farms to Alchemy Labs should be at the same price because their contribution from adding to cursors outweighs their innate Cps.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

dis astranagant posted:

At least the main strategy wasn't as tedious as the first one.
That's what I thought. I kinda don't like it as much as the first one (some things, like getting enough for the Witch's Hat, or even finding the Pogo Stick seem pretty broken and not thought out), but it does seem more satisfying when you solve an area's "puzzle" because not everything is use seed, teleport, hope you're lucky.

Also, the official wiki is pretty good and the game is rather small, so there's really no need for much discussion I think? Then again, I think everyone here is just waiting for an update anyway or asking the same questions...

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Im not getting the turtle potion recipe at all. I add 50 candies, 100 lollipops, mix for 10s, add 50 more candies, mix for 2-4 s and i keep getting nothing. I've tried adding the first ingredients together and seperate and it just won't work.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Im not getting the turtle potion recipe at all. I add 50 candies, 100 lollipops, mix for 10s, add 50 more candies, mix for 2-4 s and i keep getting nothing. I've tried adding the first ingredients together and seperate and it just won't work.

You add 500 lollipops, bud, not 100.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
For you candybox 2 hard mode players, If you play your cards right, you can get to the last stretch of the game with 9 chocolate bars left over to use in the well. :ssh:

Part of the trick is to never enchant the red gloves, obsidian crown, summoning spear, monkey staff or doom spoon. You just don't need any of those, or the rocket boots. This, squirrel abuse, and finding the HP boosters, is basically the trick to clearing hard mode quickly and easily.

(If you really want to, though, you CAN get the rocket boots via cloning potion abuse. The bare minimum number of potions you'll need is 50. This is preferable to using the spear for many reasons, mainly that chocolate is finite but lollipops are not.)

Nothing like going into the satan or dev room with either 90% reduced cooldowns and a spare chocolate, or +180% attack power. :unsmigghh:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 26, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I just beat the main game (on normal) and when using the computer, everytime I press a key it registers it twice for some reason. Am I missing out on anything interesting from it, like the bugs and stuff from CB1 or can I just go onto hard and not miss anything?

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

chocolate is finite

Go to the save tab, get the text version, refresh the page, wait for enough candy to regain the save tab, load via the text. You can farm the 4 chocolate from the cave (the 1 inside + 3 on the world map) ad infinitum. :ssh:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Or just edit the text and manually give yourself chocolate bars, don't do some dumb save scum reset poo poo that takes way longer.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
I just discovered this thread and it's all off topic. More cookie clicking!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Orteil hasn't updated in a while is why.

I want dungeons to actually be in the game before I start playing again :sigh:

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
My friend trying to explain the Grandmapocalypse to his six year old daughter was pretty awesome comedy.

She wandered in while he had CC up on the screen and was like "but why are there grandmas?" and it just kind of went from there.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
drat goons.

Came to this thread and game thanks to this post in the 1992 Graphics for Everything! thread about 8 hours ago.

120,603,170.6 CPS

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I'll just leave this here and make a swift exit. http://goldenminer.org/

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

frankenbeans posted:

Y--you MONSTER. I was free of cookies, and you've just damned me to the gold mine!

More seriously, it looks kinda interesting. How many of those kind of games ARE there?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

frankenbeans posted:

This is pretty well made, colour me surprised.

[edit]
This is unintentionally hilarious. I found a Crappy Ring of Crap. :D

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 28, 2013

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

frankenbeans posted:

For something that is theoretically only on version 0.30 this looks really good

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

frankenbeans posted:

You are a bad person for posting this in the middle of the night.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

frankenbeans posted:

Why are you doing this to me??? I haven't baked a cookie in 2 days and I beat candybox and now this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Cosmic Afro posted:

Y--you MONSTER. I was free of cookies, and you've just damned me to the gold mine!

More seriously, it looks kinda interesting. How many of those kind of games ARE there?

Don't worry, I'm sure a enterprising iOS / Android programmer will eventually find some way to monetize them and make thousands of crappy clones. :(

• Locked thread