Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

And it was still running fine. Wasn't pulling or slowing down at all.

Edit: Wanna race swap? Add Neirolus on xbox.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

drat you, turbotincan! :argh:

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

StickFigs posted:

Got my Cargobob finally!

Looked for one for like an hour, had to kill 2 pubbie Buzzards on foot to get it and get away clean.

It's also freaking the gently caress out in my garage and knocking all my motorcycles over.

How are you guys getting these in exactly? I don't quite understand how to glitch them in. I can get the garage door to open for my buzzard but every time I try to fly it in it goes all wonky and blows up because of the blades hitting the walls.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Which garage do you guys have that the glitch works for? I've got the one by the airport and can't get the garage door to stay open for it to work.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
So I can walk in now and jerry can impounded cars and the cops do nothing. I then go to vapid and get the new one. The best is when a car just gets impounded as you blow up one.

Also pour gas on the engine to the gas tank by jumping on it. It helps with cars armored to hell.

Intrepid00 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 26, 2013

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Which garage do you guys have that the glitch works for? I've got the one by the airport and can't get the garage door to stay open for it to work.

This isn't GTA 3. You aren't trying to get the garage to stay open. Instead, you drive the vehicle up to the garage, then get out but run so that the door stays open. If you get into the garage without the car, leave. Then go back outside and aim a weapon away from the vehicle and back up until you hit the door, and get in.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

santanotreal posted:

This isn't GTA 3. You aren't trying to get the garage to stay open. Instead, you drive the vehicle up to the garage, then get out but run so that the door stays open. If you get into the garage without the car, leave. Then go back outside and aim a weapon away from the vehicle and back up until you hit the door, and get in.

The video I saw stressed that when you drive the vehicle up to the garage and get out and go into your garage and exit again, make sure your garage is open so you can drive in.

e: Also I read some posts when the glitch was first posted that speculated it only worked with certain garage animations. Has that been debunked?

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
poo poo I can't do the insurance trick on the Cargobob, my guy isn't exiting the garage with it.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Weazal Plaza Apt 101. I bought it because I couldn't get it to work in my other apartment. The trick is to get it so just your legs are just inside the yellow box while you're in it then getting out while sprinting.

*Edit Successfully insured. God help anyone who blows it up - $25k deductible :3:

I'm using the same apartment as you, how did you insure the Buzzards? Did your guy do the garage exit animation when you were in it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ijyt posted:

Set a bounty on a pubbie in a tank, and watching the carnage unfold on my TV. :getin:

e: Oh poo poo, another found a buzzard.

How many Buzzard missiles would it take to glass a tank anyway?

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Alan Smithee posted:

How many Buzzard missiles would it take to glass a tank anyway?

Who cars. Ram your personal car up his rear end and put him in bad sport hell because he will crush it and he can't stop it unless he gets out.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Sorry Geeko, my internet decided to go from laggy to totally poo poo the bed and I couldn't get back on. :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The amount of Juggalo/weed related gamertags in this game are absolutely astounding. They seem to outnumber the non juggalo/weed names.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Every server I join spits out armored cars now when I have rarely seen them.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

StickFigs posted:

poo poo I can't do the insurance trick on the Cargobob, my guy isn't exiting the garage with it.

I'm using the same apartment as you, how did you insure the Buzzards? Did your guy do the garage exit animation when you were in it?
I did the insurance glitch normally. It tries to fly it out hitting everything then gives up and teleports it out. If it blows up in the tunnel, that's fine. Its still technically in the garage so the game repairs it and you get to try again.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

NESguerilla posted:

The amount of Juggalo/weed related gamertags in this game are absolutely astounding. They seem to outnumber the non juggalo/weed names.

Gamertags and crews too, I've noticed.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I did the insurance glitch normally. It tries to fly it out hitting everything then gives up and teleports it out. If it blows up in the tunnel, that's fine. Its still technically in the garage so the game repairs it and you get to try again.

Ah dammit, with the Cargobob when I get in it and exit the garage it seems like it's working but my guy just exits on foot when the screen fades back in.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

After a lackluster beginning, today was amazing.
I got destroyed by these 2 guys who were rank 0 but were rocking rank 50 weapons (how does that happen) because I had just done the money glitch and I could finally afford sticky bombs, so that's all I used.

I almost gave up, did some races and then came back in and found 4 goons online (first time, I think). We proceeded to hunt down and destroy a bunch of people, 2 of them had teamed up too. I think they were trying to get into their garage but we were camping that place and it was full of cops too, so it was just a huge battle.

I bought the fancy apartment and proceeded to set 9k bounties on the same guy for an hour or so. I could hear him over the chat and he couldn't understand why I had targeted him. Then I texted him ''I want to wear your skin like a suit.'' Fun.

Most fun was later, when I killed this kid and he just went off about how I was a human being loser noob because I suck at this game and I only use stickies like a loser. I killed him in various ways after that, but every one of them were just not acceptable to him. I then put 9k bounties on him and claimed them myself, which made him go into a tirade again for a while.

He had a buddy who was much nicer. He killed me a couple of times but he was a good sport about me blowing his head off 15 times so that was okay.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm Free Bitches! Never again will I blow up a pubbie's lovely car, I will instead hunt them mercilessly and wreak mercenaries and bounties on them.

Hooray for moderated sandbox fun!

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Goons stop driving around in non sports car personal cars. I wanna blow you up
you blow me up, every body good time

Now I'm a bad sport for 4 days.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

I keep trying to join crew instances but it keeps plopping me into an instance with a single goon who is monopolizing used cars.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nerolus posted:

I keep trying to join crew instances but it keeps plopping me into an instance with a single goon who is monopolizing used cars.

Are you in Goon Street? Goon Street seems to have filled up with people who wanted to be in "the Goon Crew" back before the game came out and then never played it. It's hard to find anyone actually online.

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie
This game :allears:
Earlier I had spent almost all of my money (Down to having only $192) upgrading my Entity at the desert Los Santos Customs, so I robbed the nearby store to get some money, then was going to the barbershop in Sandy Shores to fix my newfound baldness thanks to the mask bug. A pubbie nearby noticed me, so instead of taking any chances with having to pay an insurance premium when I had barely any money, I sped off. Him and another guy started chasing after me, and it turned out the second guy was in a goddamn Buzzard. The guy in the Buzzard starts chasing me down the freeway, and I evade his missiles all the way back to Los Santos, and manage to get my Entity safely back to my garage. When I come out on foot, the Buzzard guy is parked on a roof nearby, but he doesn't come after me right away or try to snipe me. I was going to get a helicopter and attack him, but I still didn't have much money, so I took the first car I jacked to the LSC at the airport to sell, evading the guy's missiles again. I shot up his helicopter enough when I came out that he landed at the marina helipad to get a new helicopter, so I raced over there and sniped him while he was trying to take off in an Annihilator. :clint:

And in true GTA Online fashion, I got disconnected immediately afterward. :v:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Maybe all the glitched and insured cars/tanks/helicopters will be the push Rockstar needs to remove Bad Sport penalty and Inusrance penalty to people that blow up personal vehicles. It's GTA dammit, blowing stuff up is normal and if you want to drive an expensive personal vehicle in an explosion happy environment you should have to foot the bill when the inevitable happens.

There are plenty of ways to avoid griefers already:

Play a mission.
Join a private freeroam session.
Not care since getting killed isn't a big deal anymore anyways.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

ravenkult posted:

Then I texted him ''I want to wear your skin like a suit.''
I like the cut of your jib :3:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Maybe all the glitched and insured cars/tanks/helicopters will be the push Rockstar needs to remove Bad Sport penalty and Inusrance penalty to people that blow up personal vehicles.

They’ll probably just fix the glitch and remove the illegal vehicles from everyone’s garages.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Are you in Goon Street? Goon Street seems to have filled up with people who wanted to be in "the Goon Crew" back before the game came out and then never played it. It's hard to find anyone actually online.

Yeah I'm in Goon Street and only Goon Street. I see people quite a lot, but everyone seems really scattered. One person on this instance, two on this instance one on this one farming cars, etc. Should I be joining another?

Edit: Found 'em. I guess Stairs is the new thang.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 26, 2013

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
Had some crazy adventures earlier today while trying to do the garage exploit.

Started off trying to get a police helicopter into my garage. Parked it outside the garage door, walked in, and decided for whatever reason to exit in my BF Injection. During the garage exit cutscene my dude hits the helicopter and both it and my Injection instantly explode. My guy is sitting casually in the Injection still on fire but alive and seemingly not bothered by the fire either, I get out of the car and I find I'm now on the wrong side of the garage door:

I'm in some sort of weird cinematic mode still. Can't run, use guns, use my Snapomatic app, and no hud elements besides if I pull out my phone. Decided to explore down the garage ramp, turns out it looks nothing like my actual garage down here!

I exit the garage still in the weird cinematic mode and get into the passenger side of some random pubbie's car. He starts driving down the street with the passenger side door scraping against some concrete wall. For whatever reason I decide to get out, but my guy dives out of the speeding car and passes right through the wall and starts falling under the world. Luckily I had a parachute:

I also was loving around with my Titan earlier. I had it sitting on the runway and I came up behind it on my personal motorcycle and rammed the hatch door to try to get it to open. My motorcycle instead collides with the hatch, gets forced underneath the back of it into the ground, and instantly explodes. Strangely my guy falls off onto the ground unhurt by the explosion. No pics for this but I might try a video eventually.

StickFigs fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 26, 2013

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
So this is what they meant by "Compact car". Also, yes my favourite colour is red, why are you asking? :)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Some pages back someone posted a picture of the police bike they had stored in their garage. I looked up some videos on how to get utility vehicles in, but I can't get any of the methods I found to work with the bike.

I have downtown apartment that has the animations for walking or driving into the garage, which should work.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

This might be common knowledge but no one has ever done this to me, so maybe it will come in handy.

If you wanna kill a dude in a store (Ammunation, Clothing store, whatever) but it won't let you target them because they're buying something, just kill the cashier. This will close the store and you can kill em.

Also, shooting the doors at Ammunation makes them swing inwards (duh) so you can kill people from outside.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Das Butterbrot posted:

So this is what they meant by "Compact car". Also, yes my favourite colour is red, why are you asking? :)

Where did you get a necktie? I couldn't find them in the store. Do I need to wear a tucked in shirt to see them?

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie

ravenkult posted:

This might be common knowledge but no one has ever done this to me, so maybe it will come in handy.

If you wanna kill a dude in a store (Ammunation, Clothing store, whatever) but it won't let you target them because they're buying something, just kill the cashier. This will close the store and you can kill em.

Also, shooting the doors at Ammunation makes them swing inwards (duh) so you can kill people from outside.

You can just stand in the doorway to shoot someone. Once I saw someone with a bounty go into an Ammunation, so I just waited in the doorway while he was buying stuff, then immediately shotgunned him when he moved.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Masa posted:

You can just stand in the doorway to shoot someone. Once I saw someone with a bounty go into an Ammunation, so I just waited in the doorway while he was buying stuff, then immediately shotgunned him when he moved.

I insist it's more fun to kill them while in the process of buying. I usually just sticky bomb the exit, but there's something funny about killing someone stuck in a menu.

Serious talk: Is there a way to hide the loving armor? It messes up my stylish duds. Even when I haven't bought any armor, I'm wearing it. Why.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Ara posted:

Where did you get a necktie? I couldn't find them in the store. Do I need to wear a tucked in shirt to see them?

You can buy them in any clothing store at the "accessories" counter, where you can also get watches and bowties. Tucked or Business Shirts only.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

ravenkult posted:

I insist it's more fun to kill them while in the process of buying. I usually just sticky bomb the exit, but there's something funny about killing someone stuck in a menu.

Serious talk: Is there a way to hide the loving armor? It messes up my stylish duds. Even when I haven't bought any armor, I'm wearing it. Why.

Check the "inventory" bit from the back/select menu. It will let you toggle through armor and suchlike.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

Das Butterbrot posted:

You can buy them in any clothing store at the "accessories" counter, where you can also get watches and bowties. Tucked or Business Shirts only.

Thanks. I only ever saw watches there. I wanted to wear an untucked shirt :(

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Oh god, I shot a goon bro. Sorry duder, don't leave angry auto aim hosed us.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Is there any plans to allow BAWSAQ access in the online in the future?

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

If you're wearing a Fedora, I'm going to murder you in cold blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyp Durron
Jun 16, 2002
Lately it seems to put me in a free roam just by myself. When I use the phone to join jobs it makes me the host, and auto invite never seems to find anyone. I'm not choosing solo session when I go online. Anyone got an idea as to what does this?

• Locked thread