Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

Having not played it yet, I'm already going to assume the raptor DLC is the real meat and potatoes of the season pass and EtD is just a nice bonus. Hopefully they plan on more episodes to make it a real season pass, but knowing the current gaming climate they're gonna sell any others as a second season.

The season pass specified 2 mission packs, so anything beyond that they already have justification to charge for on paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Viridiant posted:

I guess this means we now need a sequel dedicated to dinosaurs so that we can actually have unlockable rideable raptors.

Not if Rockstar do it first

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
They actually undersold that ending.

You brilliant motherfuckers.

Lobst
Mar 28, 2002

~HUG LIFE~
Does completing this DLC unlock the music track from the end as a song in The Mix? If not, someone should figure out a way to mod that in.

Spectacular ride; definitely only a $7 package, but still leaps and bounds ahead of any previous Saints Row DLC in terms of overall quality and production value.

Lakitouille
Oct 12, 2007
It looks like the new update fixed the Genki Manapult, and it is better than ever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I guess a lot of people have probably already done this, but I thought I'd have a look around the Silwater of SR4. Firstly, I avoided the church and went off to see what I could find. Turns out, it was the end of the world.

Then I climbed (jumped) onto a pile of rubbish.

Then I went down the street and found a closed off cemetery behind the church. But this looks like a convenient rubble pile...

Unfortunately there's nothing in there except some more of the destructible tombstones that you can find outside. And it's really hard to get out, you basically have to double-jump, which is not something you're even supposed to be able to do, so you have to get lucky and hope for a glitch to work out in your favour.

But I did discover this neat jumping over a wall animation, which you only see if you have no super-powers and you hit jump at exactly the right moment while running at a wall of the right height at the right angle.

It looks pretty cool when you see it in action. Getting the screenshot took about a dozen attempts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was pretty fun. Not great, but fun as hell.

My favorite thing was Matt and Peirce Bro'ing out over the sex club idea

And let me sing the song of my people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgiDcJi534Y

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
Has anyone else not had their achievements show for Enter The Dominatrix?

I completed the DLC yesterday but when I went back to check, nothing's been unlocked. I never died and I finished it, so I should have at least three, I believe.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
Has anyone found a definitive way around the "app is already running" error? My game doesn't close/crash, it just hangs on a loading screen when I load up a file, but when I have to manually close it, that error window appears. I've tried pretty much everything listed in the guide, multiple times.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Is ETD only available as post game content? I was hoping I could play it with a new save.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Is ETD only available as post game content? I was hoping I could play it with a new save.

I could play it on my pretty early save so I'm guessing you can do it from pretty early.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MassRafTer posted:

From a technical standpoint you at least need Gateway access.

I haven't tested it but you're probably clear to go at that point.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tiggum posted:

I guess a lot of people have probably already done this, but I thought I'd have a look around the Silwater of SR4. Firstly, I avoided the church and went off to see what I could find. Turns out, it was the end of the world.

Speaking of this, has anyone managed to mod in 50's Stilwater? I don't care if it's just like two blocks, I just wanna play around there.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Speaking of this, has anyone managed to mod in 50's Stilwater? I don't care if it's just like two blocks, I just wanna play around there.

Edit: I pasted the wrong URL in here, but The Iron Rose posted the correct one below.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 25, 2013

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I don't think that's the link you meant to, uh, link.

This is though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sir Unimaginative posted:

From a technical standpoint you at least need Gateway access.

I haven't tested it but you're probably clear to go at that point.

That makes sense.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

I don't think that's the link you meant to, uh, link.

This is though.

Haha, yep, that was the one I meant.

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Heres the song as sung by our friendly alien raptor wolverine zombie boss voice from SR3 Steve Blum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEHozI_8LLM

JuHoZ fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 25, 2013

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

StashAugustine posted:

I would love mods for both 50s Stilwater (Thanks goons!) and Stilwater Circa SR2. Also, if I could get to aim my weapons in the overhead method (That you get during Ben's Mission), I would rock that continuously.

I guess it's time to fire this up again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JuHoZ posted:

Heres the song as sung by our friendly alien raptor wolverine zombie boss voice from SR3 Steve Blum!

It is going to be tough not to play this constantly in my sync channel and risk spoiling it for people.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well that was loving insane. I have only one thing to ask Volition, "WUT?"

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
Oh man, I thought someone said the next DLC would be the raptor one. Either they blew their load early or I'm gonna have a very merry Christmas. I'm hoping it's the latter :ohdearsass:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The raptors were cool and all, but my favorite part was the Iron Throne, but made out of dicks.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

JuHoZ posted:

I thought he sounded like Guilmon.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Wiseblood posted:

I thought he sounded like Guilmon.

It's the only other voice Steven J Blum does besides Steven J Blum.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Twitch posted:

The raptors were cool and all, but my favorite part was the Iron Throne, but made out of dicks.

Do the other bosses have as much fun collecting the animals as French Boss does?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Maybe, but Bailey really hams it up in the cheesiest ways vs. Super Gimp. All the more fun if you're wearing the latex superhero sci-fi outfit.

Honestly a bit underwhelmed by the DLC, but it did make me laugh and was enjoyable. A bit weird, but it was still fun to toss furries into cages, watch their 'cutscene' for Paul's death, and listen to the hammy as gently caress dialogue.

Those raptors. :wookie:

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Warmachine posted:

Maybe, but Bailey really hams it up in the cheesiest ways vs. Super Gimp. All the more fun if you're wearing the latex superhero sci-fi outfit.
I loved her delivery on WE RIDE! :black101: going into the chariot race.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

BenRGamer posted:

Well, apparently I've now got a new bug in Saints Row. I can't go in shops, or even the gateway wardrobe. The game just kinda stops and nothing comes up or happens and I have to Control-Alt-Delete out of it.

Edit: Well, it just seems to be clothing shops. It's probably a mod, but I don't remember what mods I got, so I'm just gonna verify my stuff.

I'm having the same problem, no mods and I even tried verifying game cache then deleting and reinstalling the whole game. No luck. Nevermind, the reinstall didn't clear out old mods I'd forgotten about.

Verizian fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 25, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really want to buy the season pass now but it's Deep Silver weekend on Steam :( SR4 is 33% off but the DLC isn't. I'm incredibly busy from Sunday to Friday. Someone tell me it won't go on sale at all and give me an excuse to buy it right now.

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

It probably won't, Enter the Dominatrix got released like 3 days ago.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So can you replay Enter the Dominatrix? Looks like I beat it, but the mission to start it is back in my mission log...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

I really want to buy the season pass now but it's Deep Silver weekend on Steam :( SR4 is 33% off but the DLC isn't. I'm incredibly busy from Sunday to Friday. Someone tell me it won't go on sale at all and give me an excuse to buy it right now.

Just wait, if there's an SR IV day (there likely will be) it may have a sale that goes along with the increased discount on the main game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Medullah posted:

So can you replay Enter the Dominatrix? Looks like I beat it, but the mission to start it is back in my mission log...

Yes, you can replay any of the missions, I assume because of missable achievements.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
So uh, found a bug. Do NOT hit E to dismount while riding the raptor. My character and the raptor both disappeared, the camera started doing strange things, then the game crashed.

Apart from that, great DLC! I had a big grin on my face from start to finish and that ending was simply amazing. Not sure why I couldn't use my Buff power, though!

Edit: Changed my spoiler tag to help people avoid the bug without spoiling anything.

AccountingNightmare fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 27, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

IcePhoenix posted:

Yes, you can replay any of the missions, I assume because of missable achievements.

Sweet. Is there a mod out there that lets you replay old missions yet?

I really do love the style of this game...any other DLC that showed "rough sketches" of a fight with a giant cyclops and tried to pass it off as legit would infuriate me. Here it made me laugh at the ridiculousness "That was really awesome, too bad we couldn't afford to show it!

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I just played the DLC. Wow. Really ballsy of Volition to make this DLC. I liked how it went for a mocumentary/DVD commentary style. I didn't like Zimos that much in SR3 but his return got a chuckle out of me and while I was shooting down some S&M workers, he jumped right into the fray, Penetrator swinging wildly as he struck some targets down himself so that won me over.

I liked that there's more help from Super Homies when fighting the Dominatrix. I had to shoot down aircrafts and someone TK'ed one up and launched it straight into the air while I fired a rocket at it. :hellyeah:

I haven't touched the game in months so turning around during the turret sections felt a little sluggish, but that's probably due to using a controller. Also, because the game focuses on simulating a computer environment and its glitches, there's parts where I'm not sure if the game was meant to look broken like when the audio desyncs during combat or some sound clips like explosions not even happening when I blow stuff up. I liked how the Zinyak fight ends almost the same way the first time you fight him in the main game. I still can't tell what was funnier between the music while escaping the simulation or Donnie's Wookie cry.

I got some questions for the achievements:

-For the chariot race, do I also have to kill the furry racers? Those guys are bullet sponges and took forever to blow up.
-When I'm cruising through Paul, do I have to destroy the red cells and the all small black things as well as the green cells to get the achievement?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Action Tortoise posted:

I got some questions for the achievements:

-For the chariot race, do I also have to kill the furry racers? Those guys are bullet sponges and took forever to blow up.
-When I'm cruising through Paul, do I have to destroy the red cells and the all small black things as well as the green cells to get the achievement?

Can't help you with the second, but as for the first, yes, you do. I recommend bringing the Disintegration Rifle along.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I still can't play it because I'm still at the "did you try turning it off and on again?" stage (i.e. validating the cache) with Steam support. :argh:

(This is regarding buying the DLC myself after I had the base game gifted.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleRobit
Jun 14, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

-When I'm cruising through Paul, do I have to destroy the red cells and the all small black things as well as the green cells to get the achievement?[/spoiler]

Just focus on destroying the large green spheres, you'll get the achievement.

• Locked thread