Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
Has anyone done the Simeon random event?

I remember being in that area a few times early in the game and never saw it. And pparently it disappears after unlocking Trevor so I'll never get it now? Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Has anyone done the Simeon random event?

I remember being in that area a few times early in the game and never saw it. And pparently it disappears after unlocking Trevor so I'll never get it now? Boo.

Yeah. They say it unlocks after Complications, but after restarting twice to get it I can say that this isn't true. The doors remain locked until after you do the first Lester mission, leaving you a tiny window of opportunity to get the mission. In my first game I went back into the store and explored it with the window smashed and never would have thought to go back there. Even when I knew there was a mission there I had to go back and check after every mission because it wasn't opening. I'm convinced they put it there as a dick move.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
What happens in that random event?

Vankwish
Dec 3, 2012

Game Dev

VarXX posted:

That only happens in Multiplayer. If you zoom in in single player, every light is a car

Better yet, get a sniper and go full zoom and point it at a stop light. Shoot the green light (for example) and it will actually break. The stop light will cycle through only red and amber. That's a crazy level of detail.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheRationalRedditor posted:

What happens in that random event?

I went in as Michael and Simeon just says something to the effect of "I can't believe the daddy's boy's father is back, get him!" and some goons try and kill you. Simeon runs out the door and I didn't think to shoot him, but you probably could.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Vankwish posted:

Better yet, get a sniper and go full zoom and point it at a stop light. Shoot the green light (for example) and it will actually break. The stop light will cycle through only red and amber. That's a crazy level of detail.

Can you make it only do green and nothing and cause car crashes?

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Ak Gara posted:

Sadly no. I just tried this (haha) and it seems to cycle the same as if you hadn't shot them out. It doesn't skip the colors you shot, it just shows black. And the drivers still behave as if the ligths were functional.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Have they removed the Hidden Packages? I can't find any of them.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Franklin getting his sociopath on by going to his neighbor's patio and sniping out all the streetlights for the length of straight road at the foot of the hills is a fun way to spend an in-game night.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Crows Turn Off posted:

Have they removed the Hidden Packages? I can't find any of them.
Yeah apparently they removed them all in their "fix the infinite money glitch" attempt.

Vankwish
Dec 3, 2012

Game Dev

Ak Gara posted:

Didn't try that :) I'd be amazed if it worked.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Knuc If U Buck posted:

I went in as Michael and Simeon just says something to the effect of "I can't believe the daddy's boy's father is back, get him!" and some goons try and kill you. Simeon runs out the door and I didn't think to shoot him, but you probably could.

There's a similar one for Franklin as well. Different dialogue, same result.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Does anyone still track the stock market or is there a site that does so? I kind of want to replay single-player but it would be really nice if I had some more money to play around with. Luckily last time I got in on the Pisswasser stock.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I just did the mission "Caida Libre" (the one where you shot down a plane with Michael). About how much time do I have left in terms of main missions? I clocked 21h so far.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

VisAbsoluta posted:

I just did the mission "Caida Libre" (the one where you shot down a plane with Michael). About how much time do I have left in terms of main missions? I clocked 21h so far.

I think I finished the main story plus 95% of the stranger missions between 35-40 hours.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, I'm not sure if Rockstar is trying to be meta as gently caress or simply being assholes due to the absolute lack of cash and unlocks for the different sidemissions and activities. Considering that Rockstar themselves has conditioned GTA players that they'll recieve rewards for finishing activities since GTA 3 I'm pretty stumped with their design for activities in this game.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

VisAbsoluta posted:

If you use Rockstar Social Club, you can go to 'checklist' and see how many missions you have left (don't worry, they're all unspoiled, just boxes with ? in them). Plus, it separates main missions, strangers & freaks missions and random events so it's a good little rundown of what you've done and how much you haven't.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, I'm not sure if Rockstar is trying to be meta as gently caress or simply being assholes due to the absolute lack of cash and unlocks for the different sidemissions and activities. Considering that Rockstar themselves has conditioned GTA players that they'll recieve rewards for finishing activities since GTA 3 I'm pretty stumped with their design for activities in this game.

It's they wanted to force you to not do anything with money until after the story is over. Except once the story is over, there's nothing really grabbing you back into the game. I wanted to collect all the papers and ufo parts but when I load up the game, I'm just going to go to online.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sylphosaurus posted:

Seems like the point of most of the activities is to do them if you think they are fun. More like RDR in that respect. If you want cash thats what the stock market and assassination missions are for, plus you get a ton when you finish the main story.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Earwicker posted:

Seems like the point of most of the activities is to do them if you think they are fun. More like RDR in that respect. If you want cash thats what the stock market and assassination missions are for, plus you get a ton when you finish the main story.
I'm not that bothered about the lack of cash but I was at least hoping for unlocking new vehicles or clothing, which RDR at least gave you.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Ah that stinks, who wouldn't have enjoyed murking him after those hissyfits and chiseling.

orcane posted:

Yeah apparently they removed them all in their "fix the infinite money glitch" attempt.
What's all this about?

lignicolos
Dec 6, 2001

Dick Jones posted:

If I haven't received my $20 Xbux code for pre-ordering through the MS store, should I be concerned at this point?

I haven't gotten mine either.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Ah that stinks, who wouldn't have enjoyed murking him after those hissyfits and chiseling.

What's all this about?

You used to be able to pick up packages, switch characters, and switch back to see the package again. You could keep picking them up as long as you had patience and they would disappear finally when you left the area. I heard that they fixed this is one of the early patches, so I'm not sure why they would be totally gone now.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Ror posted:

You used to be able to pick up packages, switch characters, and switch back to see the package again. You could keep picking them up as long as you had patience and they would disappear finally when you left the area. I heard that they fixed this is one of the early patches, so I'm not sure why they would be totally gone now.

I'm surprised R* cared so much, it's not as if you can break the game by having too much money too early in the story. You get way, way more from the Assassination missions if you play the stock market right anyway.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ror posted:

Seems insane that they would remove items required to get 100%. Also, that FREE REAL ESTATE bug is still in SP. :roflolmao:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Seems insane that they would remove items required to get 100%. Also, that FREE REAL ESTATE bug is still in SP. :roflolmao:
The money cases aren't required for 100%, in fact they don't show up anywhere on any "things to do" list in game or on RSC. When they said they fixed the infinite money glitch I guess everyone assumed they'd just let you pick them up once, then they're gone - but maybe that didn't work and they'd rather take away the money completely than letting players have money before they're done with the game.

I have to check the free properties glitch again, if what you say is true. Not that it matters much but it would be nice to buy Trevor's airstrip so you can do the drug running missions without being almost broke afterwards (having the 150k or having just the 5/7k every run is quite a difference at that point in the game).

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

orcane posted:

The money cases aren't required for 100%, in fact they don't show up anywhere on any "things to do" list in game or on RSC. When they said they fixed the infinite money glitch I guess everyone assumed they'd just let you pick them up once, then they're gone - but maybe that didn't work and they'd rather take away the money completely than letting players have money before they're done with the game.
I thought he was referring to the "hidden packages" as in the classic GTA sense, not the undersea briefcases.

It still works, I tested it on the golf course yesterday after becoming a billionaire thanks to a monthlong investment in Pisswasser! :xd:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's the money cases they removed. All the collectibles which count for 100% are still there (and none of those give any money).

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Still no iFruit on Android.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Tell me more...

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

monkeytennis posted:

Tell me more...
Right after you buy something from a Dynasty8 sign (before the cutscene plays), immediately go into the pause menu and replay any mission to completion. Choose "Masks" because it's the shortest one in the game at 15 seconds. When you get back to your restore point you will own the property and have all the money it should have cost. You need to be able to afford it in the first place, however.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

It's funny you all mention that, I tried it last night just to be sure it hadn't been patched and it's still good to go.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Right after you buy something from a Dynasty8 sign (before the cutscene plays), immediately go into the pause menu and replay any mission to completion. Choose "Masks" because it's the shortest one in the game at 15 seconds. When you get back to your restore point you will own the property and have all the money it should have cost. You need to be able to afford it in the first place, however.

Should auto-save be on or off when doing this?

edit: also confirming it works. I play with auto-sve off.

much later edit: I'm convinced that doing this glitch bugged out Trevor's McKenzie Airfield property and now I can't do the missions. Be careful with this glitch :shobon:

HotCheetoChallenge fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 27, 2013

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Thanks for saving me a bunch of money!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Can you just kill yourself over and over again to skip the 10 day Epsilon thing?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Can you just kill yourself over and over again to skip the 10 day Epsilon thing?

You can definitely sleep through it, don't know about dying.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

I'm dying here

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Okay seriously how do I trigger Trevor's arms race missions. I bought the mackenzie airfield but there is never anyone or anything there, day or night.
edit: I bought it at least a few weeks ago (game time). Missions should have popped up by now :ohdear:

HotCheetoChallenge fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Oct 27, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm dying here
That was my intent!!

lady blue shanghai posted:

Okay seriously how do I trigger Trevor's arms race missions. I bought the mackenzie airfield but there is never anyone or anything there, day or night.
edit: I bought it at least a few weeks ago (game time). Missions should have popped up by now :ohdear:
You have to enter the plane in the hangar or the dune buggy for air/land deliveries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

You have to enter the plane in the hangar or the dune buggy for air/land deliveries.

They are never, ever there. I googled this and found almost nothing - just one thread on gamefaqs where a guy claimed that if you do the free properties glitch, the hangar is bugged. If that's the case then LOL goodbye 100%. I made it to 93%.

Has anyone here done the free properties glitch, and still been able to do Trevor's arms missions?

• Locked thread