Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Croccers posted:

I've never been able to make Skate 3 glitch the gently caress out like that. The most I can get it to do it kill the frame-rate and throw objects everywhere when you stack them on top of each other and climb buildings with objects.

If I remember correctly, some Skate 3 glitches are the result of getting into places that are normally off-limits, so what you're seeing is a combination of a buggy engine and collision hulls that didn't really need to be accurate in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx
In Dead Space, the physics engine occasionally throws a fit if your FPS is too high. So, if you've got a high-end computer, and you've got VSync off, things like this tend to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25dMdWEyAMk

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Is it alright to make requests? That Dead Space glitch reminded me of another Dead Space 3 glitch video that I can't find anymore.

I remember this video coming out relatively shortly after the game came out. Basically, while a cutscene was happening enemies were still attacking. Eventually Isaac took enough damage to die and become dismembered, but the cutscene kept playing with him doing scripted things like return fire and toss back a live grenade with a phantom limb, but the moment control came back to the player it went to game over instantly. All the while the player is giving pretty funny commentary. I tried looking, but all the "bug" and "glitch" results are just tutorials for some infinite resource exploit.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Is it alright to make requests? That Dead Space glitch reminded me of another Dead Space 3 glitch video that I can't find anymore.

I remember this video coming out relatively shortly after the game came out. Basically, while a cutscene was happening enemies were still attacking. Eventually Isaac took enough damage to die and become dismembered, but the cutscene kept playing with him doing scripted things like return fire and toss back a live grenade with a phantom limb, but the moment control came back to the player it went to game over instantly. All the while the player is giving pretty funny commentary. I tried looking, but all the "bug" and "glitch" results are just tutorials for some infinite resource exploit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Hx043D_0E

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lamprey Cannon posted:

In Dead Space, the physics engine occasionally throws a fit if your FPS is too high. So, if you've got a high-end computer, and you've got VSync off, things like this tend to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25dMdWEyAMk

I probably would have thought that was part of the game. Reanimated bodies furiously trying to get out.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I had a variant of this happen to me where Carter had no head or arms. Essentially, he was a dead body that everyone was talking to. Oh and the body was able to magically throw my gun back to me. :pseudo:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Being a Fallout game, I wasn't entirely sure whether this was intentional or not until I went back to an earlier save.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

GWBBQ posted:

Being a Fallout game, I wasn't entirely sure whether this was intentional or not until I went back to an earlier save.

I love when NPC names work out like this.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

GWBBQ posted:

Posting Fallout 3 and New Vegas glitches is almost cheating. However I have a couple that are pretty funny.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Double post, but I found a hilarious video featuring Silent hill corruptions.

It gets loud in spots, just FYI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebkjAVjCJ50

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pictured: a raider in Fallout 3 loading his missile launcher as he takes damage.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Pictured: a raider in Fallout 3 loading his missile launcher as he takes damage.

I love how the missile just gets vacuumed up.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I had something similar happen to me in my playthrough of DS3, except this was in the prologue.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Shopkeep: I̪͉͙͉ ͞C҉O̥̗̭̩͘M̸Ḿ͉̳̲̟Ạ͉̩̺̤̝̗N̺̱̮͚̖̮D̸̼͓ ͡Y̲͍O̹̟U͔̙̯͍ ͍̠͎͍̭͠I̘̲̞N͇̦͇̪̝͞ T̴̼͚̗̜̗̼H̝͉͖̦E͎̪̼͍ͅ ҉̯͖̻̺ͅN̢̪͕͉͔̤̝͍A͖̣̮̗̖ͅM͕̻͎Ę̲͚ ̣͙̯̼͈O̥̘F͏ L̕U̝̰̳͟C͖̹͚̞̜I̡̻͚̟͙F̫͖͍̱E͟R̠ ̺T̨O҉̭̯̜̫̜ ̢̰̼̠̗͙͈̻S̬P̠̮͇̪R̶͓͇̳̣̖̦̝E̗̖A̡̬̱̠D̲ ̙͎͖T͇̝̥́H͖͕̮͎̻̯E̱͍̱͍̯ ҉B̹͝L̳̠̦̥̗O̗̬̰̻͔O͏D̫͖͎ ̡͙͍̦͍̘̤O̙̻͔̭̫͙F̼̰̹ ̖͙̣̘͈̻̦͞T̟͈͚̺̩͖H̥͍͙͍̜͙̻E̛̪̯̳̱̝ ̭I̻͚͈̘̝N̳N̕O͏̙̻̦̤͎̞C̦̪͉͙̩͚E̥͈̖N͇̬̜T̻̹̘͙͚̬͡!͈͔͙

Link: Dude, I just wanna buy a shield...

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I love how the missile just gets vacuumed up.

...Backwards, if I'm looking at it right.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Friar Zucchini posted:

...Backwards, if I'm looking at it right.

I didn't look at it that close until you brought it up, but no. It's a break-action launcher. It's getting swooped up into the open forward bit that's facing the camera.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Didn't want this thread to die.

I found this one for the schadenfreude thread, but figured it fits better here. It's Family Feud for the SNES and it was programmed with a weird text parser. See, when you give your answer, it doesn't just compare it to a pre-entered answer. It scans your answer from left to right and only counts the letters that match the correct answer (as long as they're in the right order). If the answer is BANKER, your answer could be any drat thing you want, as long as your answer contains the letters B-A-N-K-E-R in that order. This guy gave some great answers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5tyMXXDPX4

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
This is the best Family Feud autocorrect. (Starts at 00:47)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Another amazing Vinesauce corruption video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MV9s_eC3o

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Farecoal posted:

Another amazing Vinesauce corruption video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MV9s_eC3o

Yes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't think forced glitches are as funny as the naturally occuring ones :shobon:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
This was fixed before the final release, but in the Thief 2: The Metal Age demo there was a very entertaining glitch with the Rope Arrows. Normally you'd shoot one into wood, the rope would unravel, you'd jump on to grab it, and climb up into an area you might not otherwise be able to reach. But in the demo there was a hard to predict glitch that would occasionally cause you to be sent flying very far and very fast. Since the demo level was set almost entirely on the rooftops of the city this tended to launch you off buildings and down to your death in the alley below.

You could also force some major glitches by taking the copy of the unfinished level from the demo's directory and switching it out with the finished one and loading it into the full game. Particle effects were no longer temporary and as a result water arrows would create never ending 'fountains' going upwards when they hit, well, anything. All arrows would stick in anything so you could shoot an arrow into steel and then go pick it up -- only to find that while you got the arrow in your inventory it doesn't actually disappear in game. So you could get infinite special arrows! Pretty much nothing worked quite right so you were left to just cause chaos.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Zzulu posted:

I don't think forced glitches are as funny as the naturally occuring ones :shobon:

But sometimes they were naturally occurring, because you'd kick your console out of frustration :D

I'm sorry but watching those two dudes do advanced yoga moves while having a conversation is hilarious. Just what I needed when sick.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

A simple physics anomaly in Oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovy9xRgyI94

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Unbelievable comic timing, haha.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

It seems to be turning into an Elder Scrolls tradition. The best is when you kill someone with a ranged attack and they fly off while their sword just stays there, spinning like something out of a Looney Tunes short.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Zzulu posted:

I wish I knew how to cause and retain the musical glitches from forced corruptions. I've never laughed harder than at some of the music from Vinny's Mario corruptions.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
In GTA V, if you get into a taxi while on the phone, the taxi driver just kind of stares at you with big, soulless, empty eyes until you hang up. It's hilarious and slightly terrifying.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's two doors in The Stanley Parable that if you're quick, you can back into them as they're closing. If you're fast enough, you can end up trapped on the wrong side of them forever. If you're not, they'll get stuck on you. One of them will then open if you click on it and remain open for the rest of the run, the other will just remain stuck forever and you'll have to start over. Sure, it's not that funny by itself, but given the nature of the game... I dunno, I found it pretty amusing.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Dabir posted:

There's two doors in The Stanley Parable that if you're quick, you can back into them as they're closing. If you're fast enough, you can end up trapped on the wrong side of them forever. If you're not, they'll get stuck on you. One of them will then open if you click on it and remain open for the rest of the run, the other will just remain stuck forever and you'll have to start over. Sure, it's not that funny by itself, but given the nature of the game... I dunno, I found it pretty amusing.

I assume you're talking about the doors in the boss's office? This unlocks a secret ending.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Since it's a Source engine game, you can climb onto some small objects by walking at one of their corners. It was actually pretty easy to get out of bounds in the monitor room by doing that, it's just a shame there isn't like an easter egg by breaking the game like that.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

miscellaneous14 posted:

Since it's a Source engine game, you can climb onto some small objects by walking at one of their corners. It was actually pretty easy to get out of bounds in the monitor room by doing that, it's just a shame there isn't like an easter egg by breaking the game like that.

Well, jumping on chairs does lead to an easter egg on one occasion. Of course, with a game like this, it's impossible to tell what's a glitch, what's on purpose, and what's just poorly implemented.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

miscellaneous14 posted:

It's intentional. There's a speedrun achievement that you can only get by stepping up on the railways and going on the bridges before you're intended to.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HellCopter posted:

I assume you're talking about the doors in the boss's office? This unlocks a secret ending.

I didn't even know about that one! The one I was thinking of is the exit from the corridor between the meeting room and the stairs, back up fast enough and you can get trapped in that corridor. Doesn't seem to do anything except leave you stuck with the broom closet ending.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
In GTA V I went for the time-honored tradition of picking up a hooker and doing things in a car. During the act Franklin switched to a standing neutral pose clipping through the car while the lady was still rubbing up against him.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

I didn't even know about that one! The one I was thinking of is the exit from the corridor between the meeting room and the stairs, back up fast enough and you can get trapped in that corridor. Doesn't seem to do anything except leave you stuck with the broom closet ending.

The game spawns you in one of six or seven different office layouts every time you pick restart. If you quit and boot up the game, there's one office layout that's always first. That's the only office layout that's possible to get to the "secret ending", all the others close the door on you before you get there.

There's good reason to believe it's just cut content though, and accidentally left in the game.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Suspicious Dish posted:

The game spawns you in one of six or seven different office layouts every time you pick restart. If you quit and boot up the game, there's one office layout that's always first. That's the only office layout that's possible to get to the "secret ending", all the others close the door on you before you get there.

There's good reason to believe it's just cut content though, and accidentally left in the game.

And there's just as good a reason to believe that the ending simply has an extra layer of depth.

What I'm getting at is that The Stanley Parable might be the opposite of this thread. Because you can (almost) never be sure.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

So a buddy of mine picked up WWE 14 last night and brought it over. It's been a long time since I've played a wrestling game and I've heard they've gone downhill a bit.

This happened in the very first match:
http://youtu.be/gCmWfqUa_QQ

I'm sorry about the quality, all I had to record it was my crappy camera phone. But you get the idea.

Several Goblins has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Aug 21, 2014

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Wreath of Barbs posted:

So a buddy of mine picked up WWE 14 last night and brought it over. It's been a long time since I've played a wrestling game and I've heard they've gone downhill a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLOrHR60AM

I'm sorry about the quality, all I had to record it was my crappy camera phone. But you get the idea.

The fact that seems to be Sin Cara makes it even funnier to me. Did anything in special trigger the glitch or did it just happen out of nowhere?

Hopeford has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Oct 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Wreath of Barbs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLOrHR60AM

Ahahahaha

gently caress this game...so hard. Just UGH.