Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Dobbie is going to get his hotdog shack up and running and then see it suspiciously burn down the next day with a giant insurance claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dobbie is going to get his hotdog shack up and running and then see it suspiciously burn down the next day with a giant insurance claim.

Cause: improperly installed vent hood.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

You should be banned repeatedly.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

lol funny dog ftw :D

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

the money is in the vent hood.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Shoulda ordered the Ouya of hoods, yo.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
We now go live via satellite to DragonReach Ghost's family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_oFE9ovNk

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I want you to understand that what you just did is terrible and shameful.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

I couldn't think of any appropriate text, but I feel the 9/11 reference really sums up the calamity of this event.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tehsid posted:

I couldn't think of any appropriate text, but I feel the 9/11 reference really sums up the calamity of this event.

What the gently caress are you people doing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

tehsid posted:

I couldn't think of any appropriate text,

You couldn't

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Crash into cool with an ice cold coke
Hotdogs not yet available

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

tehsid posted:

I dunno. A giant hotdog sinking into the ocean after colliding with a floating vent hood, while an orchestra of frogs plays "Nearer My God To Thee" would have been more appropriate.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Diet Lime posted:

why can't we have nice things?

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Memes are pretty funny dude

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtWuZm1CmT0

These guys are in Massachusaats, but maybe they knows somebody down south?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Deteriorata posted:

I dunno. A giant hotdog sinking into the ocean after colliding with a floating vent hood, while an orchestra of frogs plays "Nearer My God To Thee" would have been more appropriate.

"Nearer My Dog To Thee", surely?

TX297
Nov 7, 2005

IM A HUGE FAGGOT WHO STEALS BYOB AVATARS.

Debbie Metallica posted:

I want you to understand that what you just did is terrible and shameful.

Oh I'm fully aware of this fact :colbert: I just figure if I could choose any GBS thread to be shamelessly memeful in it's the one with 3 pages of Stone Cold Steve Austin gifs and emptyquoting FYAD superstars. What's another :10bux: if I already blew that kinda mad cash on the hotdog man?

E: I can't even take credit for this. I got bored and kept hitting the 'random' button on reddit despite what a cesspool that place is and just so happened across /r/doge/ "hot doge"

TX297 fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 27, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So are all the dudes who were all "YOU HATERS ARE KILLING A MAN'S DREAM, KILLING IT, SHAME ON YOU" now gonna be all 'ah ha ha I was in on the joke the whole time and only ironically gave a dumb racist money' or what's the protocol?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So are all the dudes who were all "YOU HATERS ARE KILLING A MAN'S DREAM, KILLING IT, SHAME ON YOU" now gonna be all 'ah ha ha I was in on the joke the whole time and only ironically gave a dumb racist money' or what's the protocol?

We need individualised gang tags that display the amount that everyone donated to the Kickstarter project.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

TX297 posted:

Oh I'm fully aware of this fact :colbert: I just figure if I could choose any GBS thread to be shamelessly memeful in it's the one with 3 pages of Stone Cold Steve Austin gifs and emptyquoting FYAD superstars. What's another :10bux: if I already blew that kinda mad cash on the hotdog man?

E: I can't even take credit for this. I got bored and kept hitting the 'random' button on reddit despite what a cesspool that place is and just so happened across /r/doge/ "hot doge"

"The only thing that could make the hot dog meme better was the story of how it came to be posted in this thread," said the many fans of the hot dog meme.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I was reading that thread when he posted that and I hadn't felt any real emotion at all until I saw that post, at which point I experienced intense shame.

Agnostic Prophet
Sep 11, 2001

My vast legion of killer monkey robots take pictures of you while you're sleeping.

Ralp posted:

For the first time since I started this project I'm feeling like it's not going to happen... It's the curse of the vent hood again.... Not only did it take a lot of my funds to buy it .. Now it's got to be installed ... I don't think I can do it myself..,I called an installer .. It cost more to install than to buy it.. This is ridiculous .. If I don't get this loan that I'm fixing to try for, I could be over before it got started... No need to respond just wanted to say what was on my mind... Having anxiety attach or something... Can barely catch my breath

Aw, that's a shame.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You seem to have a very strong emotional stake in this thread, might be time to step away

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Like a relationship: You love him the first week, when he's cooking you romantic hot dog dinners, and then when he turns into a dumbass and misspends your money on poor planning the next week and you break up with him, you get a perverse joy out of seeing him fail.

Ergo, is it not possible both to enjoy the idea of helping a man achieve his dream, and then when the dream is squandered, enjoy watching it all burn down?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is there a timeline summary of this guy's mismanagement of his Kickstarter funds?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Heath posted:

Is there a timeline summary of this guy's mismanagement of his Kickstarter funds?

Having read 90% of the thread, didn't he simply try to go too big too fast?

The money isn't 'gone' perse, he just doesn't have enough set aside for his grandiose :krad: hotdog palace

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

quote:

Wayne,

1st piece of advice – with a brick and motar operation, have 6 months overhead on hand (read – CASH) prior to starting the operation. 95% of the restaurant business failures are due to undercapitalization – not bad product. That’s the beauty of a cart – low…low….low overhead!

Good Luck!
Mark

Comment from Wayne's thread on hot dog profits dot com from before SA discovered him. He even responded to it, so it's not like nobody tried to warn him. Guess he knew better than to let someone throw filthy hot dog water on his dreams.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
If he would just cook his hotdogs over a couple bitcoin miners this whole disaster could be averted.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

Comment from Wayne's thread on hot dog profits dot com from before SA discovered him. He even responded to it, so it's not like nobody tried to warn him. Guess he knew better than to let someone throw filthy hot dog water on his dreams.

Also the cart system is a way to build name recognition, customer base and also test the whole market concept before moving on to the risker brick mortar phase.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
The saddest part of this story hasn't happened yet. It's the part where his father tosses in his 10K nest egg just to buy the hood, and Doobies still goes under because he can't afford inspections. We will have actively done net harm and the father will die on the street because we tried to play God. meanwhile hot dogs remain gross.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

meanwhile hot dogs remain gross.

i loving hate you

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The saddest part of this story hasn't happened yet. It's the part where his father tosses in his 10K nest egg just to buy the hood, and Doobies still goes under because he can't afford inspections. We will have actively done net harm and the father will die on the street because we tried to play God. meanwhile hot dogs remain gross.

If I remember from one Goon's Beowulf prose on The Vent Hood, it is the most difficult hurdle to overcome when opening a restaurant and has stopped many projects in their tracks. What would it take, how much would it take, and could anything be done to slay the barrier of the vent hood and end the saga of The Vent Hood on a happy note?

Seems like it will take more than father and son to figure this out.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Guys, we should've listened to Steve Austin. FYAD wasn't making fun of it as much as they were just sounding a prophetic warning. It was only 7bux, but I feel really guilty for giving Doobie any money now.

Also, he keeps sharing Dropsy on Twitter. :bang: And I still have to put the doghouse somewhere in my game. Maybe I'll give it little angel wings or something.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"No need to respond, thanks for the 14 grand"

gently caress you claude

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

Guys, we should've listened to Steve Austin. FYAD wasn't making fun of it as much as they were just sounding a prophetic warning. It was only 7bux, but I feel really guilty for giving Doobie any money now.

Also, he keeps sharing Dropsy on Twitter. :bang: And I still have to put the doghouse somewhere in my game. Maybe I'll give it little angel wings or something.

Now I'm expecting an elaborate vent hood puzzle in the Dropsy videogame.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Supernorn posted:

A vent-based optional side quest which at first glance seems like it will bring great rewards but if you accept the quest it crashes the game and wipes the save file. The second run through is exactly the same except it has no Christmas.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Supernorn posted:

In all seriousness, it was originally only going to be a little static background on the outskirts of a city. Now it's going to be a static backdrop in a distant parallax layer in a secret area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TX297
Nov 7, 2005

IM A HUGE FAGGOT WHO STEALS BYOB AVATARS.

SpoopyMonkey posted:

I was reading that thread when he posted that and I hadn't felt any real emotion at all until I saw that post, at which point I experienced intense shame.

• Locked thread