Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
"Do yourself a favor and flush it out!"

Any time someone tells me they're pregnant this is the first thing that pops into my head.

However, my absolute favorite bit in the show is Charlie's song at the end of "The Nightman Cometh."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

squeegee posted:

I don't know how many years on this earth I got left... I'm gonna get real weird with it.

Always_Sunny.txt

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

OldSenileGuy posted:

it's either this, or Frank's "your mother was a giant who-are."

That's the best I can do for a phonetic spelling of the way Frank says "whore."

Hoor

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

armoredgorilla posted:

"Ahhhhhh, cat in the wall, huh?" is the best line reading in the show.
Definitely.

HelmetCheese posted:

My whoooooooooore wife. At least that's how I hear it when he drags the word out.
DID YOU BANG MY HOOOOR WIFE? Does anyone else have any illegitimate children with my HOOR wife?!

dinosaursforsale
Jun 10, 2011
I know 'The World Series Defense' is a less popular episode, but the whole exchange between Dee and Mac while they're outside Frank and Charlie's bug-bombed building is one of my favourite scenes of the entire show. Dee's delivery of "oh poo poo, there's stickers!" when reading Mac's letter has me spitting every time.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
My favorite bit is when Dee says "our relationship would be a real home run" and Mac swings an invisible bat and mouths "whoosh"

pincky
Oct 28, 2010
My favorite quote is from "The Gang Gets Invincible" (3x02)

Right at the beginning Charlie's outburst is pitch-perfect

quote:

Everybody argues if a mouse could kill a scorpion

Charlie:

Shut up! Shut up! Oh, my God I don't care!
All we're doing is arguing about the most stupid poo poo. "A rat. A scorpion." I don't care, man!

When did this start happening? When did we start arguing all the time and fighting? This isn't like us!
Look. We're working our asses off in this bar, and we're getting nothing to show for it...
and so we're starting to snip and pick at each other.

And it's bullshit, man. 'Cause guess what. It's a beautiful day outside. Okay? We need to change things up.

Let's go outside. Let's get some fresh air. Let's run around a little bit. You know?

Let's just do something different.

Of course soon followed by my 2nd favorite quote, by Frank

quote:

It's drat bright out here..

The great thing about the Charlie quote is, that it is also applicable to 90% of every online discussion :D

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

pincky posted:

The great thing about the Charlie quote is, that it is also applicable to 90% of every online discussion :D

If I recall correctly, they are then sitting at a picnic table drinking in the same positions they were at the bar?

pincky
Oct 28, 2010

TraderStav posted:

If I recall correctly, they are then sitting at a picnic table drinking in the same positions they were at the bar?
Well, here I would like to quote the above Charlie-Quote.. ;) (Yes, yes they are)

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I like when they get each other fired up for a plan. The chemistry is fantastic. Mac getting Charlie worked up in Mac and Charlie Die always gets me.

Charlie: If we were gonna kill ourselves, it would be awesome, right?
Mac: Yeah. Yeah, if we were gonna kill ourselves, it would be with class, right? I mean, because if we—
Charlie: Of course it would be with class! What do you think, I'm not gonna die with class?
Mac: Maybe some type of explosion?
Charlie: Of course there's gonna be an explosion! You think I'm not gonna explode?
Mac: I'm thinking, Charlie, it would be some kind of blaze of glory.
Charlie: Of course it's gonna be a blaze of glory! I'm going down right now. (squirts lighter fluid on his arm)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

dinosaursforsale posted:

I know 'The World Series Defense' is a less popular episode, but the whole exchange between Dee and Mac while they're outside Frank and Charlie's bug-bombed building is one of my favourite scenes of the entire show. Dee's delivery of "oh poo poo, there's stickers!" when reading Mac's letter has me spitting every time.

It is no such thing. It's the ultimate example of the gang invading normal people's lives. And its terrific.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero

dinosaursforsale posted:

I know 'The World Series Defense' is a less popular episode....

Let the record show that this is a great episode. The cut backs to the courtroom are drat funny. Also the amazing surprise ending to their story.

Almost good enough to be a Shilamayon twist.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
Once of my favorite recurring gags is them making ridiculous poo poo up about Dennis when he's forced to go along with it due to the circumstances. His dick getting blown off by an exploding keg and him being raped by the shusher are the ones I can remember.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

pincky posted:

Then when Charlie does go outside, seasons later...

"TREES? TREES?! EVERYWHERE TREES?!"

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Ok, I gotta admit. The episode "got" me. Although even rewatching the opening minutes I realize how "unfair" the episode is to the audience. While 95% of the episode can more or less be explained by Charlie being arrogant over being smart- it still doesn't explain how he knew what the placebo effect is or hwo he knew it's latin origins. The accent showed it's hand a bit too hand a bit too early I think.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

CaptainHollywood posted:

Ok, I gotta admit. The episode "got" me. Although even rewatching the opening minutes I realize how "unfair" the episode is to the audience. While 95% of the episode can more or less be explained by Charlie being arrogant over being smart- it still doesn't explain how he knew what the placebo effect is or hwo he knew it's latin origins. The accent showed it's hand a bit too hand a bit too early I think.

I thought the placebo thing did get explained, he was listening to an audiobook that mentioned it

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Ekusukariba posted:

I thought the placebo thing did get explained, he was listening to an audiobook that mentioned it

Even still. The fact that Charlie "understood" and "considered" it just felt like an easy way to lie to the audience from there.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Charlie can't read, he's not a complete idiot. Placebo effect is a pretty common phrase that most people know. I don't think we've really had any problems remembering anything he's heard as well, so him remembering it from the audio book isn't too far out there.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I think we can all agree that this is the best quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNdERWR3id0

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

TraderStav posted:

That's one of my favorite moments in the show. It opens up at 10am, with them at the bar which is covered in beers. Then it cuts to them outside at a picnic table, also covered in beers and still bitching.

dinosaursforsale
Jun 10, 2011
Another favourite moment, and one I've not seen mentioned in this thread, is in 'Who Got Dee Pregnant' - when Frank is introduced in his Spiderman (not Man-Spider) costume, and he throws his little arms out and goes "FIZZ! FIZZ!"

It's the little things. :allears:

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
So was it supposed to be obvious that the piercing noise in Charlie's ears was Dee's rat disruptor thing (he's King of the Rats, after all) and everyone already knew this, or am I insane?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Charlie is probably not as stupid as he usually acts, he's just illiterate and is constantly put down by the gang, not to mention constant substance abuse, he's probably only a bit less intelligent than Dennis maybe a bit more than Mac. The pills convinced him he was ultra intelligent, and he also sobered up for a few days, so he genuinely appeared more intelligent than he usually does.

His actual intelligence didn't increase it all but he was compelled to act less stupid. That's how I see it.

Stupid science bitches.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Oops! I dropped my MONSTER CONDOM that I use for my MAGNUM DONG!

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Super Aggro Crag posted:

That episode was awesome.

Mac: And you know what happens with Tokyo drifting? It leads to bickering, which of course leads to karate.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Charlie is probably not as stupid as he usually acts, he's just illiterate and is constantly put down by the gang, not to mention constant substance abuse, he's probably only a bit less intelligent than Dennis maybe a bit more than Mac.

Dennis is well-spoken, but he's just as big a dummy as Mac and Charlie.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Doobie Keebler posted:

I like when they get each other fired up for a plan. The chemistry is fantastic. Mac getting Charlie worked up in Mac and Charlie Die always gets me.

Charlie: If we were gonna kill ourselves, it would be awesome, right?
Mac: Yeah. Yeah, if we were gonna kill ourselves, it would be with class, right? I mean, because if we—
Charlie: Of course it would be with class! What do you think, I'm not gonna die with class?
Mac: Maybe some type of explosion?
Charlie: Of course there's gonna be an explosion! You think I'm not gonna explode?
Mac: I'm thinking, Charlie, it would be some kind of blaze of glory.
Charlie: Of course it's gonna be a blaze of glory! I'm going down right now. (squirts lighter fluid on his arm)
"You know maybe, instead of running away from this baby thing.."
- "Oh my god let's run right at the baby!"
"Run right at the baby!"
- "AND RUN HIM OVER AND BASH HIM THE STUPID NERD!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTRtJe-x1E&t=48s

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

False :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-Bk0F5be8

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think this is all the convincing I need that they don't actually have a script for Always Sunny, they just turn up and see where it goes.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Preview of this week's episode:

(SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202315067066870

Oh. My. God.

I love weddings... THEY'RE ALWAYS SUCH A BLAAAAAAAAST!

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Zsinjeh posted:

"You know maybe, instead of running away from this baby thing.."
- "Oh my god let's run right at the baby!"
"Run right at the baby!"
- "AND RUN HIM OVER AND BASH HIM THE STUPID NERD!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juTRtJe-x1E&t=48s
I've watched every blooper reel so many times, everything is so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0F_Jah_R4&t=111s

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

ShadyNasty posted:

Preview of this week's episode:

(SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202315067066870

Oh. My. God.

I love weddings... THEY'RE ALWAYS SUCH A BLAAAAAAAAST!

Charlie's Wig :allears:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

And Dee's...everything

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I was going to post this one. But really any line is a blast.

But first season should be represented: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPm1Zy6lBus

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Speaking of favorite moments and the glory that will be this weeks episode, one of my all time favorite moments is when Dennis is beating up Frank in Lethal Weapon 5 and just mutters, "Lazarus!" under his breath.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The person that died was YOUR wife.

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Here's hoping for another gratuitous Frank sex scene...

:gonk:

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

E the Shaggy posted:

Oh god that's a priceless line.

Turns out someone... tapped the tainted water supply!

Also Dave Foleys line: That's odd, because you're a janitor...

ShaqDiesel fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 29, 2013

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

E the Shaggy posted:

That's might be my favorite line of the whole series. Just because we used to make movies in university for Engineering week, and they all had exactly this level of exposition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

ShadyNasty posted:

Here's hoping for another gratuitous Frank sex scene...

:gonk:

Always Sunny is the only tv show where I wish my tv/computer had an UNSEE button, and it's always because of Frank.

I love Frank so, so much.