Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
How much would i have to pay this guy to get a Frogdog with NEON RELISH by 2015?

What bank deals in twitter followers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electricsugar
Jan 21, 2008

Tum again?

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Did you see any posts about people donating because they think they're economically revitalizing part of a small town, because I hear there are some pretty good posts about that but I'm not willing to try to search through 80 pages worth of posts to find them.

I saw a couple of pages of goons defending the role of fritos in southern cuisine.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Taffer posted:

Hahahah christ, that chili looks like poison.

I dont think poison looks like that but I understand what youre trying to say

step aside
Sep 21, 2011
Hot dogs man... they changed my life man. Turned me in to an obese manchild that rallies to give tens of thousands to a racist hot dog man.

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

As I walk into Doobie's in ghost dogs bereft
I take a look at my wallet and realize there's nothin' left
Cause I've been slingin them dogs so long,
That I could never foresee how this'd go so wrong.
But I ain't never bunned a dog and then tried to serve it
Me doin any research you know that's unheard of

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Leroy Diplowski posted:

this guy loving kills me.

Please send him 1 pity bundle of hot dog flavored candy so he can see what a successful business model is.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

This poo poo wouldn't have happened if he was making chickencheese. Or goons would have donated double.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

etalian posted:

Sort of the hot dog version of when Congress gets a random rural district the pork barrel contract to build a military plane component?

yeah but your scenario creates jobs, the best case scenario goon version created one job, which turned into probably no job

the net regional economic benefit was one guy on craigslist was finally able to get rid of that vent hood, and the local coke representative thought he made a sale (which will end up not happening)

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 27, 2013

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I donated and this is just depressing. Looking back I was pretty loving stupid, but I can't take any joy in making fun of the guy, even if he is loving up hardcore.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

SixtySix posted:

yeah but your scenario creates jobs, the best case scenario goon version created one job, which turned into probably no job

Did the doobster have a job before he went off chasing the vent hood dragon?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I'm gonna hit up Spike's Junkyard Dogs and have some real loving good hot dogs that look and taste like actual food and aren't served by a dumbass hick motherfuckface, and also I can afford to buy nice things this Christmas because I'm smart.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Did the doobster have a job before he went off chasing the vent hood dragon?

He did but I believe that ended with him telling off his boss for not believing in the doobie dream (seriously)

basically goons literally ruined his life with their idiotic self congratulatory largess

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shine posted:

I'm gonna hit up Spike's Junkyard Dogs and have some real loving good hot dogs that look and taste like actual food and aren't served by a dumbass hick motherfuckface, and also I can afford to buy nice things this Christmas because I'm smart.

:allears: You dress up as MuscleSanta and go carrying thousands of toys between your ripped arms and just flex them into children's waiting arms at orphanages, don't you?

E: Because you're a hero, Shine. Not a grinch.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
Looks like it's going to be a white christmas in reform, AL this year

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
I didn't donate a dime, so I'm allowed and morally obligated to make fun of the hotdog man and also the goon who ruined Christmas

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

He's going to blow his brains out isn't he?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SixtySix posted:

He did but I believe that ended with him telling off his boss for not believing in the doobie dream (seriously)

basically goons literally ruined his life with their idiotic self congratulatory largess
Goons just enabed

lively hood

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

quote:

We'll my only obstacle is my vent hood.. Everything else has fallin into place...but vent hood has used up a lot of money.. So to be sure I have food inventory cost ... Paper cost ect ... I need to get a bank loan for that amount... Getn the loan mite be hard but paying it back will be easy

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So in Claude's mind, his crucial mistake wasnt poor proper planning or research. it the loving fact he didnt ask for more money.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tim Selaty Jr posted:

I didn't donate a dime, so I'm allowed and morally obligated to make fun of the hotdog man and also the goon who ruined Christmas

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

:respek: here is hoping for more hilarious updates.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Limastock posted:

So in Claude's mind, his crucial mistake wasnt poor proper planning or research. it the loving fact he didnt ask for more money.
Technically his original planning was fine, it's just the fact that since he got twice as much as he asked for he figured he could double his ambitions while also not giving a gently caress if he overspent on stuff because hey he's got the extra money.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Wario In Real Life posted:

Technically his original planning was fine, it's just the fact that since he got twice as much as he asked for he figured he could double his ambitions while also not giving a gently caress if he overspent on stuff because hey he's got the extra money.

And also because the obstacle in his first building existed largely because he burned bridges for the group he needed to do work :v: without a sanitation hookup he couldn't use the site, but for some reason nobody could find that gosh darned hook up.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

Goons just enabed

I disagree. if this dumb ks never got off the ground, wayne would still be working at a regular schlub job that he hates, dreaming of a better life like a normal person. he is now being confronted with the fact that he doesn't know how to run a business, nor improve his family's circumstances in a meaningful way, even with things literally being handed to him.

i would be concerned that his wife and family will lose their faith in him, but since their position seems to be that jesus christ will fill out the necessary paperwork and raise your FICO score if you just pray hard enough (not literally praying on your knees, that's too hard...more like anxiously worrying about it before you mentally turn it over to god), he will probably dodge the blame for this, his latest and most public of fuckups.

nothing that has been posted or revealed here would lead any reasonable person to believe that the original idea would have been successful at all. wayne has consistently demonstrated that he is an ideas man, not the kind if person who would do any sort of due diligence on a business idea. for example:

Deteriorata posted:

His problem was never actually finding the sewer line there and just assuming it would work. It all came unglued because the actual location for his original plan violated a state zoning ordinance of some sort by a couple of feet.

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 27, 2013

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

His problem was never actually finding the sewer line there and just assuming it would work. It all came unglued because the actual location for his original plan violated a state zoning ordinance of some sort by a couple of feet. He then had to abandon that site and scrambled to find a substitute.

Had he only gotten 6k he would have hit the same problem, but without enough funds for any other option.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I made a Doobie Dog today in honor of the man

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You are delusional. His plan was never on the level, we all just took sound monkey at his word because who the gently caress knows why but there is no way this dude was going to make it happen, that much is clear now, not with any amount of money.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's going to blow his brains out isn't he?

Let's hope so.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

His original very good, well researched and organised $6000 plan still didn't include the $8000 cost and installation of the vent hood that he legally needs to operate, and also required him to pay more rent and install a bathroom with that -$2000. That's the unforeseen cost that's sunk this heroic renaissance man.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

His kid is 20.

Maybe it's you.

You're the poor person.

Sorry I assumed because he said he'd just play Legos with his son on Christmas that someone involved was 8. I am poor as hell though, and stupid too. Someone send me some money for a crab shack!

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
I was under the impression that he only needed a vent hood if he wanted to have a fryer, which his original plans didn't include.

Then again my only real knowledge of his original plan comes from SoundMonkey's creepy glowing praise of him in the early parts of this thread, so... http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910&userid=95860

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

His original very good, well researched and organised $6000 plan still didn't include the $8000 cost and installation of the vent hood that he legally needs to operate, and also required him to pay more rent and install a bathroom with that -$2000. That's the unforeseen cost that's sunk this heroic renaissance man.

that's not fair, mr. doobie hotdog did in fact conduct extensive market research on location and cross promotional partnerships with local businesses

Doobie's Kickstarter posted:

We have secured a location on Hy 82 East , in Reform, Al. on the same property as the Mud Hole, a very poplar and very busy antiques and variety store ..our thoughts was his business will bring me business and mine vice versa..

edit: in the interest of total transparency to our backers, by "we have secured this location" we actually mean "we have not secured this location"

Q-sixtysix fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 27, 2013

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Christ, his family is going to have to sell the belts off their very pants to deal with this disaster!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I was under the impression that he only needed a vent hood if he wanted to have a fryer, which his original plans didn't include.

Then again my only real knowledge of his original plan comes from SoundMonkey's creepy glowing praise of him in the early parts of this thread, so... http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910&userid=95860

I figured it out. Sound monkey is Claude. Best scheme since Nigerian banking!

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

nwin posted:

lowtax is actually a haitian orphan :tinfoil:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wonder if Doobie's former boss has heard about what happened yet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nwin posted:

Your excellency I have treasure chest in bank with many valuable gems and a vent hood.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

Your excellency I have treasure chest in bank with many valuable gems and a vent hood.

Ah, see but its the installation where they get ya!

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

Christ, his family is going to have to sell the belts off their very pants to deal with this disaster!

When you can't even tighten your belt in tough times you truly are hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cool Buff Man posted:

electrical cords? how're they going to plug in their swamp cooler?

• Locked thread