Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the beat marches on...forza roma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I like this new Roma

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

When they come back to win they can sell another t-shirt about it.

Like "Apache NO 10" or whatever poo poo Tevez wears?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Michael Bradley owns

Roma winning would be rad

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I love Cuadrado.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Congratulations to Roma for their 4th Scudetto, btw.

E: 4th, not 3rd

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 27, 2013

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS5jEOvpps8

Poor Tiziano :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
This season was God trying to get Tiziano to calm down a little but it appears it's had the opposite effect.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
When was the last time a team had 9 wins in a row at the start of the season in Serie A?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

El Hefe posted:

When was the last time a team had 9 wins in a row at the start of the season in Serie A?

Never. Juve had the previous best with 8 wins.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope Roma can keep it up then, I had hopes for Napoli last season but it wasn't meant to be.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Watching AC Milan is like watching United. Some sort of karma going on here I'm sure.

Michael Bradley's a real pleasure to watch in Italy.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This week-end has been brutal for me, every team I support in every league/sport lost

The most heart-wrenching, though most expected one, was Milan....

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It will be really interesting to see if Roma can keep Rudi Garcia after this season.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

De Rossi deserves to finally win the Scudetto. Same with Totti winning it again

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mapei's 11m to Sassuolo is insane. That's like the transfer budget of a mid-table club.

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012
Watching Lazio-Cagliari , it's like the invested time fallacy all over again.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Mapei's 11m to Sassuolo is insane. That's like the transfer budget of a mid-table club.

Wow I didn't even see that at first. Incredible. They've been their sponsor forever, though, at least since their past seasons in Serie B.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

canepazzo posted:

I was just about to say the same thing. That's a lot of tile floor money going to a club that might only play four seasons in Serie A (shamelessly stolen joke).

Also bear in mind that next year Roma gets a new sponsor and a big Nike deal (though given their owners' Boston roots I'm kind of surprised Warrior isn't doing their kit next year), so ROMA CARES won't be around for much longer.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

I was just about to say the same thing. That's a lot of tile floor money going to a club that might only play four seasons in Serie A (shamelessly stolen joke).

Also bear in mind that next year Roma gets a new sponsor and a big Nike deal (though given their owners' Boston roots I'm kind of surprised Warrior isn't doing their kit next year), so ROMA CARES won't be around for much longer.

gently caress Warrior.

I'm shocked at how small the sponsorships are to be honest.

Also give Fiorentina an Adidas or Nike deal. TIA.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Soulex posted:

gently caress Warrior.

I'm shocked at how small the sponsorships are to be honest.

Also give Fiorentina an Adidas or Nike deal. TIA.

Hey, Warrior make good hockey sticks and their home jerseys for Liverpool aren't bad. (Everything else, though, you have a point. )

Also the lack of sponsor money coming in has to be due to the fact that the Italian league has become less of A Global Thing in the past few years, as Spain and especially England have taken its place as the leagues to watch overseas, which means that bigger global sponsors will go there first. It's bad because there's less money in Serie A/no Nintendo Viola shirt, but on the other hand there's no place for Mister Potato or Official Paint Partner jokes like there are in the Premier League threads and it allows those of us that watch this league to be smug shits about how good it is.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

Hey, Warrior make good hockey sticks and their home jerseys for Liverpool aren't bad. (Everything else, though, you have a point. )

Also the lack of sponsor money coming in has to be due to the fact that the Italian league has become less of A Global Thing in the past few years, as Spain and especially England have taken its place as the leagues to watch overseas, which means that bigger global sponsors will go there first. It's bad because there's less money in Serie A/no Nintendo Viola shirt, but on the other hand there's no place for Mister Potato or Official Paint Partner jokes like there are in the Premier League threads and it allows those of us that watch this league to be smug shits about how good it is.

It also explains why Roma and Lazio among others in the past can afford to go without a shirt sponsor. And why Sassuolo managed to pick up Schelotto and Floro Flores without thinking about their salaries.

Here's a totally real table :suicide:

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Title contenders AC Milan off to a "slow start." :negative:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

If Roma win I want this recreated. And whoever defaces it this time gets their balls chopped off

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

That would be Lazio target No 1.

They really should make 2. For Totti and De Rossi. Even thought Totti is racist (?) i still respect the poo poo out of him.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
What is Rudi Garcia's secret?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

CisSTAR 19 posted:

He's not Zeman.

Silvestre has injured himself again and is out of the midweek match against Lazio. That leaves us with two first team center backs, one is poo poo and the other has no top flight games in his Milan career :thumbsup:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

CisSTAR 19 posted:

tl;dr version:

Before Totti got hurt he was basically recreating Spalletti's tactics, but with more fluidity between defense, midfield, and attack and less of an emphasis on the counter-attack (which is like all Spaletti did). Now that Borriello is starting they've found the goals harder to come by because he leads the line instead of the wingers and wont drop into the midfield like Totti.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 28, 2013

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mynameisjohn posted:

tl;dr version:

Before Totti got hurt he was basically recreating Spalletti's tactics, but with more fluidity between defense, midfield, and attack and less of an emphasis on the counter-attack (which is like all Spaletti did). Now that Borriello is starting they've found the goals harder to come by because he leads the line instead of the wingers and wont drop into the midfield like Totti.

I wonder if they need to put Ljajic in the middle as he seems a much more creative player than Borriello. Of course that leaves a wing lacking but I think it may be worth it. I know someone in here suggested it before.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

I wonder if they need to put Ljajic in the middle as he seems a much more creative player than Borriello. Of course that leaves a wing lacking but I think it may be worth it. I know someone in here suggested it before.

I'm not sure how he'll do as a center player to be honest.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I'm not sure how he'll do as a center player to be honest.

Yeah, I don't know how well he'd work out but I think it'd be worth a try if Roma find themselves *gasp* drawing a match.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah it would work way better when Gervinho is (hopefully) back next week. One of the front three needs to be a "playmaker" or whatever and you really don't want to rely on Marquinho to start in a big away match. If Gervinho is fit for the next match, I don't think a front three of him, Ljajic, and Florenzi is out of the question with all three of them rotating positions throughout the match. Borriello has been poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah, I don't know how well he'd work out but I think it'd be worth a try if Roma find themselves *gasp* drawing a match.

In all honesty, I don't want the fun to stop for them. Roma or Fiorentina this year is my preferred. It was Napoli, but recently they seem to be falling apart.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

In all honesty, I don't want the fun to stop for them. Roma or Fiorentina this year is my preferred. It was Napoli, but recently they seem to be falling apart.

Since Milan isn't winning poo poo I mostly just want someone other than Juventus or Inter to take it, which seems to be working out so far. Napoli would be great, so would Roma.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Galliani telling Birsa to gently caress off during the Parma match, it's like I was speaking through him!

http://video.gazzetta.it/galliani-ma-vaff-birsa-va/ffb0e926-3f2f-11e3-8c96-e6502305071f

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Balotelli was apparently in a car accident last night. He's 'unhurt' supposedly. We'll see on Wednesday.

Speaking of, Fiorentina vs Napoli is going to be a knock down match hopefully.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why was Handanovic subbed off in Inter v. Atalanta?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Why was Handanovic subbed off in Inter v. Atalanta?

Some kind injury on his kidneys or abs. Maybe he had the shits iunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Gah, we always suck at Bergamo

• Locked thread