Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Berzerker posted:

Perfect response

"No great loss" is probably the best individual chapter King has ever written. It is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

No love for the Langoliers miniseries? Bronson Pinchot :smith:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

No love for the Langoliers miniseries? Bronson Pinchot :smith:

Not to mention Dean Stockwell as the author insert.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I found a list of Stephen King movies/TV shows/miniseries/short films here. I thought I'd post the ones that I've seen, mostly because I'm curious what I've missed that might be worth watching. I have seen:

1976 - Carrie
1979 - Salem's Lot
1980 - The Shining
1982 - Creepshow
1983 - Cujo
1983 - The Dead Zone
1983 - Christine
1984 - Children of the Corn
1986 - Maximum Overdrive
1986 - Stand By Me
1987 - Creepshow 2
1987 - The Running Man
1989 - Pet Sematary
1990 - Graveyard Shift
1990 - It (TV mini-series)
1990 - Misery
1993 - Needful Things
1994 - The Shawshank Redemption
1994 - The Stand (miniseries)
1995 - The Mangler
1997 - The Shining (TV miniseries)
1999 - The Green Mile
2004 - Salem's Lot (TV miniseries)
2006 - Desperation (TV miniseries)
2006 - Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the stories of Stephen King
2007 - 1408
2007 - The Mist
2013 - Under the Dome (TV series)

I was curious if anyone knows much about these:

1985 - Cat's Eye - I've never seen this, but I'd like to, because Quitters Inc. is in it and that's a great story. Any good?
1987 - A Return to Salem's Lot - I just googled this and it sounds horrible.

I am surprised at the number of short stories that have been adapted into short films but even more surprised at how many short stories have been adapted into full-length movies. Graveyard Shift is a stupid story to begin with. Dragging it out to 90 minutes seems ridiculous.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
Cat's eye is must see, if just for The Ledge alone.

Return to Salem's Lot is... a thing that exists but shouldn't. Don't bother.

uptown
May 16, 2009
Hahahaha holy crap I need to find the Bollywood one. My best friend and I bonded over Stephen King when we first met in high school and watch as many King movies as possible - We even saw the terrible Carrie remake in theatres this Thursday, and have plans for this weekend. I guess I know what we're doing now!

Here's my list of what I've seen...

1979 - Salem's Lot
1980 - The Shining
1983 - Cujo
1983 - Christine
1986 - Maximum Overdrive
1986 - Stand By Me
1987 - A Return to Salem's Lot
1987 - The Running Man
1989 - Pet Sematary
1990 - It (TV mini-series) - I had no idea that this was originally a miniseries! I would love to see IT in theatres.
1990 - Misery
1993 - The Dark Half - not 100% sure if I've seen this or not... I remember lots of sparrows, but maybe I pictured the book vividly?
1993 - Needful Things
1993 - Chinga (episode of The X-files)
1995 - The Langoliers (miniseries)
1998 - Apt Pupil
1999 - The Green Mile
2002 - Rose Red (TV miniseries)
2002 - The Dead Zone (TV Series)
2003 - Dreamcatcher)
2004 - Secret Window
2007 - 1408
2007 - The Mist
2009 - Dolan's Cadillac
2013 - Carrie

Lots that I want to see - Strawberry Spring and Survivor Type especially.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

uptown posted:

Hahahaha holy crap I need to find the Bollywood one.

Wait, go back, what's this about.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ProfessorProf posted:

Wait, go back, what's this about.

In the link I posted: "2007 - No Smoking (Bollywood movie)"

uptown, you should go back and see the original Carrie. It's a good movie.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

http://vimeo.com/m/52236142

This Reaper's Image movie looks kind of rad.

But isn't it DeIver (capital I) not "Dellllver?"

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

uptown posted:

Hahahaha holy crap I need to find the Bollywood one. My best friend and I bonded over Stephen King when we first met in high school and watch as many King movies as possible - We even saw the terrible Carrie remake in theatres this Thursday, and have plans for this weekend. I guess I know what we're doing now!

Here's my list of what I've seen...

1979 - Salem's Lot
1980 - The Shining
1983 - Cujo
1983 - Christine
1986 - Maximum Overdrive
1986 - Stand By Me
1987 - A Return to Salem's Lot
1987 - The Running Man
1989 - Pet Sematary
1990 - It (TV mini-series) - I had no idea that this was originally a miniseries! I would love to see IT in theatres.
1990 - Misery
1993 - The Dark Half - not 100% sure if I've seen this or not... I remember lots of sparrows, but maybe I pictured the book vividly?
1993 - Needful Things
1993 - Chinga (episode of The X-files)
1995 - The Langoliers (miniseries)
1998 - Apt Pupil
1999 - The Green Mile
2002 - Rose Red (TV miniseries)
2002 - The Dead Zone (TV Series)
2003 - Dreamcatcher)
2004 - Secret Window
2007 - 1408
2007 - The Mist
2009 - Dolan's Cadillac
2013 - Carrie

Lots that I want to see - Strawberry Spring and Survivor Type especially.

There are loads of Dollar Babies, some of which are on YT or other places. The best one is Frank Darabont's student film The Woman in the Room which is on Youtube.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Transistor Rhythm posted:

http://vimeo.com/m/52236142

This Reaper's Image movie looks kind of rad.

But isn't it DeIver (capital I) not "Dellllver?"

That actually doesn't look bad, but its kinda funny watching that trailer because it covered literally everything that is described as happening in the story. If they extended that trailer into a four minute video they would have a very accurate adaptation.

I wonder what they are planing to ad to pad the thing out. I really really hope it isn't anything along the lines of 'Final Destination'.

uptown
May 16, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

In the link I posted: "2007 - No Smoking (Bollywood movie)"

uptown, you should go back and see the original Carrie. It's a good movie.

Whoops, yes, I have also seen the original Carrie a few times. I must have accidentally deleted it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

regulargonzalez posted:

There are loads of Dollar Babies, some of which are on YT or other places. The best one is Frank Darabont's student film The Woman in the Room which is on Youtube.

I really want to see Lunch at the Gotham Cafe.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

juliuspringle posted:

I liked Cell. I just finished Under The Dome and it was pretty decent except for that part where suddenly we're the ghost of dome present looking around the town. I wish he'd gotten into the aftermath of everything once the dome was up though. Started Full Dark, No Stars because I saw it's a story collection and so far 1922 is decent. Gonna reread Cell after I finish Full Dark.

I'm nearly finished with FD, NS and it is indeed a very good collection. Each story has its merits and the whole collection is just as good as Night Shift and Skeleton Crew.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I also liked Full Dark, No Stars. The stories in it are really creepy. A Good Marriage was a fun one. I also liked that the villains were basically all people (or if not they were something that the person did to themselves anyway).

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Helsing posted:

That actually doesn't look bad, but its kinda funny watching that trailer because it covered literally everything that is described as happening in the story. If they extended that trailer into a four minute video they would have a very accurate adaptation.

I wonder what they are planing to ad to pad the thing out. I really really hope it isn't anything along the lines of 'Final Destination'.

In the short story the guy just disappears right? Yea it would be kind of stupid to show him getting hit by a bus Final Destination style.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Didn't King have something to do with the stinker of a movie, "Sleepwalkers?" I remember it having his name attached, but for the life of me I can't figure out what his connection was...

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Edwardian posted:

Didn't King have something to do with the stinker of a movie, "Sleepwalkers?" I remember it having his name attached, but for the life of me I can't figure out what his connection was...

He wrote the screenplay. And had a bit part in it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Brocktoon posted:

He wrote the screenplay. And had a bit part in it.

you mean the Best Cameo of His Career:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohz9AHZw_Ng

His acting is so much better when he's just allowed to be a rube.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Basebf555 posted:

In the short story the guy just disappears right? Yea it would be kind of stupid to show him getting hit by a bus Final Destination style.

I don't even think the ending is that specific. After hearing the story of how anyone who see's the Reaper disappears shortly thereafter, the protagonist looks in the mirror and notices a little black blur in one corner. When he comments on it, the other guy goes 'oh poo poo, you just saw the Reaper.' The protagonist then leaves the room, and the other guy sits there thinking about how after seeing the Reaper someone will simply disappear without a trace. So I don't think you you don't even get to see the guy disappear, its just heavily implied that it is about to happen.

The reason I could imagine a 'final destination' or 'The Ring' style plot is because if you told the story accurately it would be over in about five minutes. The trailer really does cover everything the story covers. I could imagine them making a movie where they extend the action over a couple days. "Oh no! You saw the Reaper! Now he's cooooming to get yoooooou!"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

you mean the Best Cameo of His Career:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohz9AHZw_Ng

His acting is so much better when he's just allowed to be a rube.

That is awesome, never seen it before.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Edwardian posted:

A stinker? What the gently caress? I love it when dinner puts up a fight!

Stop staring at me, you loving cat.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
His Creepshow segment was pretty bad, but I'll be damned if I dont laught at "Department of Meteors" every Halloween.

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 31, 2013

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

His Creepshow segment was pretty bad, but I'll be damned if I dont laught at "Department of Meteors" every Halloween.

Well, colleges are awfully busy. They need their own department to handle all of that METEORSHIT!

I apologize for nothing and wish to add that Creepshow is an amazing film despite some of its stories.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FreezingInferno posted:

Well, colleges are awfully busy. They need their own department to handle all of that METEORSHIT!

I apologize for nothing and wish to add that Creepshow is an amazing film despite some of its stories.

I like the end of that segment because its one of those creepy King endings where everything is just about to get a lot worse.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Has anyone seen You Can't Kill Stephen King? It looks like a lovely horror spoof, and it was on the shelves at my local video store.

http://influxmagazine.com/you-cant-kill-stephen-king/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64XdWcf8zqQ

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
Creepshow owns, and is one of my all-time favorite standby movies. When my buddy and I were college stoners, we watched it no less than 500 times.

Still to this day, it NEVER gets boring.

I dressed up as Jordy Verrill this Halloween.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Found a friend, Harry! :smug:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Count Chocula posted:

Has anyone seen You Can't Kill Stephen King? It looks like a lovely horror spoof, and it was on the shelves at my local video store.

Sounds interesting, I think I saw a couple characters entering a thinny in the trailer.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

My first time trying to read Stephen King was when I was in my early teenage years when, knowing that my father was a fan of him, I picked up the book Cell while on a flight to some Caribbean country. I don't remember much but I stopped reading it after stuff happened and the terms Pixie Light and Pixie Dark came up referring to people or characters... I'm a bit fuzzy on the book other than that I did not enjoy it. I was young, I did not think about things I read, and to be fair to King did not hold much interest in things.

Fast forward almost a decade and I'm in college watching horror films like mad and finding profound interest in them, mostly in how they present fear and deal with issues of sex, race, and violence. I also have this whole anxiety disorder managed so I can watch things that scare me without it meaning I am crippled in fear, so that is a plus. My girlfriend reads a whole bunch, I've started reading again, and after she read Carrie and we watched the new movie I began thinking a lot about Stephen King and with friends watched the miniseries IT before deciding to read the book itself.

I'm only a little of a ways into the book, but so far it has proven enjoyable to me- and although I know his quality of work varies I'm going to read The Shining next and Full Dark, No Stars because my girlfriend gave it her approval. I think what I like about his movies, and his books (so far, from my limited few chapters) is how he explores the horror of small towns.

A friend of mine from Maine talked to me in school after The Mist came out and I asked him, "Wait, maybe I'm just a confused suburban child but do people really go and gather round each other when the town has issues?" and I've found this Horror of Small Town Culture theme to be in a lot of works I like. Not that I'm against small communities, they are fine, but I think the reason IT is so interesting to me is that it explores a lot of issues that are everywhere but does so in isolated small communities which presents them differently than how I've experienced them.

To speak specifically on IT because I know the Miniseries and a bit of the book, the central idea that the town of Derry is a part of IT is really interesting to me. Not all small towns are composed of bigots, but those that do have a culture of "we don't talk about some things" is a real life horror that makes the book/movie so interesting. The parental neglect and abuse in the movie is the greater horror than IT, and in the book the themes of hate crimes and people just not getting involved in things mirrors real life and once again proves to be more horrifying. The entire second chapter I read is horrifying because of the hate crime, one based on many real events, and the clown at the end is not the gruesome part to me.

Anyhow, I'm obviously new to King and have a lot to read and learn- but so far I'm enjoying his work. I've made a point to take advantage that hardcore used copies are cheap so I can write thoughts in the margins and lend it to my friends to do the same. Seems to be a lot of good and bad in his work, but all of it interesting to talk about.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lurk Ethic posted:

Creepshow owns, and is one of my all-time favorite standby movies. When my buddy and I were college stoners, we watched it no less than 500 times.

Still to this day, it NEVER gets boring.

I dressed up as Jordy Verrill this Halloween.

Jordy Verrill, you lunkhead!

Still my favorite King performance.

I hope you walked around yelling "METEOR poo poo!" all night.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

It is one of my favourite books. Maybe my favourite. I love hearing people's experiences of books as they read so keep this up, young man. I first tried to read It when I was about 12 and that didn't work out because the book was thicker than my chest at that age. I had watched, and loved, the TV movie.

I picked it up again when I was 24 and am gratified that I did. Books mean different things to you depending on what's going on in your life, and what age you are when you read them. Yay books.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 1, 2013

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Found a friend, Harry! :smug:

This is probably the best line in the movie. That vignette is a rare gem between Leslie Nielsen and Ted Danson that not many people know about. Both are probably the best / most recognizable actors in the movie, and the exchanges between them are priceless. This story is probably the strongest, its premise being one of those classic creepy King ideas. What if you were buried up to your neck at the beach, completely submerged in sand and unable to move, while an ocean tide comes in to slowly drown you? It's a shame the ending is so campy. This story comes after two completely goofy vignettes, so it delivers a sucker punch of a legitimately scary idea.

Go see Creepshow, it's worth your time. Where else will you see Ed Harris awkwardly dance to disco music?

quote:

I hope you walked around yelling "METEOR poo poo!" all night.

Haha I would have, but very few people got it. Most thought I was a run-of-the-mill zombie with moss on my face. I'll tell you, though, King's segment is fun enough to quote even when you're alone.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

Ok, holy poo poo. That's the Wicked Good Store in the trailer there (the gas station) and that is unmistakeably Center Lovell, Maine. Which is where Stephen King's summer house (and my family's summer house) is, on Kezar Lake. After being truly shocked by that I did a bit of googling and two of the kids who made the film were Maine kids like me who had houses on Kezar, so it definitely makes sense. Stephen King has always just been a fixture there - it's a tiny town where maybe 700 people live in the summer (and even less in the winter I think) so yeah.

This was where he had the accident, incidentally, right on the main road in town. I mostly remember him from the '90s when we'd go up when I was a kid, and he still was very down-to-earth then and you'd see him around town in this big old truck he drove. After the accident he drove expensive sports cars.

So yeah apparently that film sucks but it *is* legitimately filmed in the tiny town where everyone sort of knows Stephen King and it's always one of those slightly-odd slightly-funny things.

This is the small Maine town on the lake featured in the last Dark Tower book. I mostly just remember that a scene takes place in Dick Beckhardt's cabin and I was legitimately too freaked out to continue, because Dick was this friendly old man who lived next door to us and shared the same cove with us. Meaning when I was a kid I'd always be swimming across the cove with my brother or friends or something to their dock and his wife would give us popsicles. They were very cool we had dinner there all the time... His cabin was actually between ours and the Kings, and I know Dick was friends with Stephen King, partially why he wrote him into the book. He gave a way bigger role to the old caretaker (who was also our caretaker initially before he died) as I recall.

Anyway, yeah. So the town that awful film was made in is all tied up in the worst Dark Tower books, too!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I just saw that John Cusack is starring in the adaption of the Cell. That is a step in the right direction.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

kaworu posted:

Ok, holy poo poo. That's the Wicked Good Store in the trailer there (the gas station) and that is unmistakeably Center Lovell, Maine. Which is where Stephen King's summer house (and my family's summer house) is, on Kezar Lake. After being truly shocked by that I did a bit of googling and two of the kids who made the film were Maine kids like me who had houses on Kezar, so it definitely makes sense. Stephen King has always just been a fixture there - it's a tiny town where maybe 700 people live in the summer (and even less in the winter I think) so yeah.

This was where he had the accident, incidentally, right on the main road in town. I mostly remember him from the '90s when we'd go up when I was a kid, and he still was very down-to-earth then and you'd see him around town in this big old truck he drove. After the accident he drove expensive sports cars.

So yeah apparently that film sucks but it *is* legitimately filmed in the tiny town where everyone sort of knows Stephen King and it's always one of those slightly-odd slightly-funny things.

This is the small Maine town on the lake featured in the last Dark Tower book. I mostly just remember that a scene takes place in Dick Beckhardt's cabin and I was legitimately too freaked out to continue, because Dick was this friendly old man who lived next door to us and shared the same cove with us. Meaning when I was a kid I'd always be swimming across the cove with my brother or friends or something to their dock and his wife would give us popsicles. They were very cool we had dinner there all the time... His cabin was actually between ours and the Kings, and I know Dick was friends with Stephen King, partially why he wrote him into the book. He gave a way bigger role to the old caretaker (who was also our caretaker initially before he died) as I recall.

Anyway, yeah. So the town that awful film was made in is all tied up in the worst Dark Tower books, too!

This is great! Tell me more about stuff like this, please. One of the weird things about Stephen King, at least from the standpoint of horror/weird fiction/sci-fi/fantasy, is that the genuinely seems to be A Good Dude. Like everything I hear or read or see about him makes him sound like a nice guy who loves the Red Sox and classic rock and who you could genuinely hang out with. Most of my other favorite writers are kinda prickly and weird, and King's biggest New England horror inspiration, Lovecraft, was just a horrible person all around. I know part of that is a persona SK has built up but I think it goes a long way to why I excuse his authorial tics like adding self-inserts to every book.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just popping in to say that there were some serious problems with the later DT books, but the King self-insert worked GREAT for me. When Roland did the hypnotism trick and King went under, I got legit goosebumps.
Sorry it bugged you guys, but I really enjoyed it.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just popping in to say that there were some serious problems with the later DT books, but the King self-insert worked GREAT for me. When Roland did the hypnotism trick and King went under, I got legit goosebumps.
Sorry it bugged you guys, but I really enjoyed it.

The entire cabin portion is one of my favorite parts of DT. That cabin is like me de-facto "cabin in the woods" in my imagination/dreams. I really dug the self-insert storyline.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

rypakal posted:

The entire cabin portion is one of my favorite parts of DT. That cabin is like me de-facto "cabin in the woods" in my imagination/dreams. I really dug the self-insert storyline.
Well, that makes two of us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off
Today, after finishing up the last 50 pages or so of this thread, I finished Desperation, which handily marks me having read all of King's published works - Bachman Books, all the collected short stories, the old, hard to find ones like Rage, The egregious Eyes of the Dragon, and yes, nonfiction, On Writing, and most recently Doctor Sleep - everything, except.

Except the 6 last Dark Tower books. I can't help but wonder, as a 30 year old playing catch-up since devouring King books good and bad, and several mediocre ones, if I want to read them. So many older tales don't need or allude to the Dark Tower, then later seem only to focus on the Pennywise/Derry idea that Something Bad Got In, but don't need to go past that. I caught a lot of hints, I saw a lot of supporting story over the last dozen books, but I've only read the pre-revised The Gunslinger, and nothing else Dark Tower. I don't really remember much of The Gunslinger, as it was about 2006 when I read it, and I honestly can't say it grabbed me the way It, The Shining, or The Stand did.

Am I nuts? Am I crazy to like this big, big mythology better unfulfilled? I'm told several times that what I will read in the last 6 DT books will not live up to expectations, or handily tie everything in the World together - which doesn't shock me, as tying everything up in a neat little bow is not the King way.

So, advise me here, as I feel like I'm in a unique position to do this either way. Do I want to read the next 6 DT books? I've got everything else under my belt, now. Would you go back and unread them, just having the idea that it all ties in somehow, or do you want to see the gears and guts of it all? I kind of want to, and I kind of worry it would be a mistake to do so.