Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

nyquil hangover posted:

I honestly can't tell if that is supposed to be pro- or anti-Dawkins.

Does anyone have that "stop calling me Dick Dorkins" tweet? Because it's my favorite.

I should have screencapped it, but a few days back Dawkins was complaining about people using the word "basically". One of the replies was "your basically a dick". Wanted to high five that person through the Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Parkingtigers posted:

I should have screencapped it, but a few days back Dawkins was complaining about people using the word "basically". One of the replies was "your basically a dick". Wanted to high five that person through the Internet.

Lucky for you I have his twitter URL bookmarked for just such an occasion:

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

The main thing that annoys me about the giraffe riddle is that it says 3am. At least on all the ones I've seen. Who the hell calls round for breakfast at three in the morning?

Pineapple Salad
Apr 4, 2012

What a neverending story, Mark!

sugar mouse posted:

The main thing that annoys me about the giraffe riddle is that it says 3am. At least on all the ones I've seen. Who the hell calls round for breakfast at three in the morning?

The first thing I'd open is the door. The second would be my fist to extend my middle finger, because whether it is my parents or the president there is no loving way I'm cooking them breakfast at 3am.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

This exchange is my favorite by far.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

sugar mouse posted:

Who the hell calls round for breakfast at three in the morning?

Sitcom parents?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Pineapple Salad posted:

The first thing I'd open is the door. The second would be my fist to extend my middle finger, because whether it is my parents or the president there is no loving way I'm cooking them breakfast at 3am.
I wanted to respond with "a can of whoop-rear end to whatever son of a bitch wakes me at 3am for breakfast", but then I'd just be encouraging them with any kind of reply. :(

Neither the "eyes" or "door" answer makes sense, though. Are you supposed to have the whole conversation with your parents with them explaining that they want breakfast before you even open the door?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

What? The first thing you opened were your eyes when you woke up, nothing else matters. Why is this confusing? Why are we discussing this?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Wendell posted:

What? The first thing you opened were your eyes when you woke up, nothing else matters. Why is this confusing? Why are we discussing this?

Because the story can imply that you've already been woken when the question is asked.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Yeah because kids killing animals because of perceived homosexuality is really touching and cute, thanks for that.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Links to this article. I'm not entirely sure that "Anna" fell for it, but the "wow" makes it seem like maybe she did.

Tiggum posted:

Update: Cory Ander is Anna Sthesia from the first picture. Farrah Moan is someone else who definitely fell for it.

Normally, I'd be rolling my eyes right along with you. But frankly, when it comes to Sarah Palin it's extremely easy to believe the story if you're not already familiar with the Daily Currant.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

beefart posted:

Yeah because kids killing animals because of perceived homosexuality is really touching and cute, thanks for that.

I don't think it's intended to be touching and cute. It's clearly a joke. A homophobic and not especially funny joke, but a joke nonetheless.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm pretty sure spiders don't mate like that, and Daddy Longlegs aren't spiders anyway!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

jiharlequinade posted:

Normally, I'd be rolling my eyes right along with you. But frankly, when it comes to Sarah Palin it's extremely easy to believe the story if you're not already familiar with the Daily Currant.

Lines like "he would teach them ... how to protest Roman abortion clinics" and "Easter celebrates ... sticking it to all the liberal lefties out there who want to be taking our guns and our freedom" are pretty heavy-handed and should tip you off that it's not genuine.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Eruonen posted:

I don't think it's intended to be touching and cute. It's clearly a joke. A homophobic and not especially funny joke, but a joke nonetheless.

I seriously can't tell if the joke is actually homophobic or if its rather making fun of the state of Texas.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CaptBushido posted:

I seriously can't tell if the joke is actually homophobic or if its rather making fun of the state of Texas.

It is a universal joke. The "true" meaning of the joke changes depending on the audience.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
It is the only universal joke, comedy has peaked, it's all downhill from here.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Knowing that Dawkins was molested as a child by his priest makes this much more depressing than annoying. :smith:

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
:ironicat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
e:^ jesus christ they really are the worst page

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Knowing that Dawkins was molested as a child by his priest makes this much more depressing than annoying. :smith:

I'd have more sympathy for him if his response to it wasn't along the lines of "I turned out fine, grow up other people who were molested"

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Who is Smith a reference to? :confused:

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Amused to Death posted:

I'm late finding this thread, but this these guys were the first thing I expected to find when I showed up. I have not been disappointed.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Amused to Death posted:

I'd have more sympathy for him if his response to it wasn't along the lines of "I turned out fine, grow up other people who were molested"

Yeah, I believed he described getting felt up by a teacher as "mild peadophilia". Might be misremembering that.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I'm pretty sure spiders don't mate like that, and Daddy Longlegs aren't spiders anyway!

Fun fact, there are three different animals in three different parts of the world that are referred to as Daddy Longlegs. The American one is a spider. The British one is a horrible winged long legged thingummy. The third one escapes me at the moment but it's something else entirely.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Snofeld posted:

Fun fact, there are three different animals in three different parts of the world that are referred to as Daddy Longlegs. The American one is a spider. The British one is a horrible winged long legged thingummy. The third one escapes me at the moment but it's something else entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXyRVQN70U

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Dr Snofeld posted:

The third is a harvestman, so kind of like a spider but not quite. (The stupid spindly flying thing that gets all up in your face is a cranefly.) In Britain we actually call all three daddy longlegs, it can get kind of confusing.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Can someone sceencap Funny Man's latest post? The one that's funfacts about the human body. It's... something.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

vaguely posted:

The third is a harvestman, so kind of like a spider but not quite. (The stupid spindly flying thing that gets all up in your face is a cranefly.) In Britain we actually call all three daddy longlegs, it can get kind of confusing.

I don't care what the technical name for a Daddy Longlegs is, the proper name is anything along the lines of "Getawayyouhorriblelittlefuckeryou."

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

beefart posted:

I dunno this seems pretty accurate as homophobia is incredibly childish.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Who is Smith a reference to? :confused:
If you are asking who Sean Smith is, it was forums moderator Vilerat, and they are ranting about Benghazi and using his death as political leverage and being all around terrible people.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Austrian mook posted:

Can someone sceencap Funny Man's latest post? The one that's funfacts about the human body. It's... something.

This one?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Well that's not a joke and I'm not laughing, I feel like I've been cheated.

That being said, I would like to meet those knee-cap less five years old.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I like that 2 of them are the same

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Austrian mook posted:

I like that 2 of them are the same

:confused: Which ones?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ooops! I meant he calls 2 different muscles the largest in your body. And a ton of those funfacts are blatently untrue.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Ooops! I meant he calls 2 different muscles the largest in your body. And a ton of those funfacts are blatently untrue.

He says tongue is strongest and butt is largest.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Senor Candle posted:

I dunno this seems pretty accurate as homophobia is incredibly childish.

Yeah, after reading it a couple of times I realize that I'm a terrible person who is bad at humor.

That being said, I was interpreting it in context of the guy's page as a whole which includes, among other things, MRA poo poo and anti-gay/anti-woman drivel.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

beefart posted:

Yeah, after reading it a couple of times I realize that I'm a terrible person who is bad at humor.

That being said, I was interpreting it in context of the guy's page as a whole which includes, among other things, MRA poo poo and anti-gay/anti-woman drivel.

Oh no I believe it is absolutely homophobic and thinks it's being really clever. It just unintentionally compares their mindset to that of a child.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Amused to Death posted:

... Well, hadn't heard about that yet. That's a pretty recent one. Dawkins really needs to learn when to shut up, he's doing much more harm than good these days. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Apr 2, 2014

• Locked thread