Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Chibisoma is the gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
It still blows me away that someone could give that much of a poo poo about their ships in a webcomic. Best part is the idea that 'sinking ships' is not only bad, but something that makes you a bad writer. If your characters don't get together in the exact relationships your fans want you are obviously horrible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

IronicDongz posted:

It still blows me away that someone could give that much of a poo poo about their ships in a webcomic. Best part is the idea that 'sinking ships' is not only bad, but something that makes you a bad writer. If your characters don't get together in the exact relationships your fans want you are obviously horrible.

A non-negligible portion of the people who disapprove of Kat and Paz's relationship are Annie/Kat shippers who are frothing at the mouth that their perfect TruePairing is being disturbed by an interloper who's going to steal Kat's first kiss(!!!!!) from Antimony.

I am sadly not joking.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
It's only just dawned on me that that is what 'sinking ships' means. I thought it was just another way of saying 'burning your bridges' or something.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
You get people all over like Tumblr and poo poo saying "stop shaming shippers it's just harmless fun don't take that away from them" like dude if it was really harmless fun we wouldn't object to it, these people take it way too seriously.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Lurdiak posted:

A non-negligible portion of the people who disapprove of Kat and Paz's relationship are Annie/Kat shippers who are frothing at the mouth that their perfect TruePairing is being disturbed by an interloper who's going to steal Kat's first kiss(!!!!!) from Antimony.

I am sadly not joking.

Well they're way too late for that.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=255

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Dr. Buttass posted:

You get people all over like Tumblr and poo poo saying "stop shaming shippers it's just harmless fun don't take that away from them" like dude if it was really harmless fun we wouldn't object to it, these people take it way too seriously.

Eh, I don't know that shipping in and of itself is necessarily a bad thing, but being a creepy obsessive weirdo definitely is. I leave it up to the reader to decide whether they find a correlation between the two.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 28, 2013

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Making fun of shippers is no more or less harmless than shipping.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Can we just have a gentleman's agreement to not have shipping derails in this thread?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Razorwired posted:

Can we just have a gentleman's agreement to not have shipping derails in this thread?

Only when Chibisoma stops being funny.

never

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Only when Chibisoma stops being funny.

never

What you actually mean is years ago. His corpse gets marched out every time anybody does anything in any context. Within the comic and without.

And that thing where people fake post using his original post, swapping out words was never funny.

It was loving ages ago, let the idiot rest.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
So do they like her hair, or...?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH NO KAT what have you done?!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Paz looks awfully pleased in the last panel. I think she's pretty ok with you calling her a friend Kat.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Fecha posted:

So do they like her hair, or...?

They're vetting the intruder. If she uses Scissorbot then she knows proper procedure and can be implemented in roster of trusted organics. However, some people have been asking Boxbot to perform grooming tasks. By extensions this makes them terrible.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Razorwired posted:

They're vetting the intruder. If she uses Scissorbot then she knows proper procedure and can be implemented in roster of trusted organics. However, some people have been asking Boxbot to perform grooming tasks. By extensions this makes them terrible.
I think it'd be blatantly obvious if she had gone to Boxbot for a haircut.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
You know, I started off thinking the S-series guys were a bunch of creepy jerks, but they're growing on me.

Best security force ever. "Ma'am, I'm gonna need to see some ID and oh my god those shoes are just darling where did you get them?"

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Tupperwarez posted:

You know, I started off thinking the S-series guys were a bunch of creepy jerks, but they're growing on me.

Best security force ever. "Ma'am, I'm gonna need to see some ID and oh my god those shoes are just darling where did you get them?"

So basically, the S-bots are both Creator and Fashion Police. :downsrim:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You're right to say "friends" for now, Kat; those robots are just such gossiping hens.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

You're right to say "friends" for now, Kat; those robots are just such gossiping hens.

Well from what we've seen, one could assume gossip is something that happens in the robot society.
I am certain that the laser cows gossip like crazy.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Kikas posted:

Well from what we've seen, one could assume gossip is something that happens in the robot society.

Cut the ladies some slack, they have to stand around in a field all day lasering stuff. Of course they're going to get bored and chatty.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Spikey posted:

Well they're way too late for that.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=255
I know that comic says Kat never saw him again, but I wonder if Annie will run into Alistair and his folks while she's mediuming.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Splicer posted:

I know that comic says Kat never saw him again, but I wonder if Annie will run into Alistair and his folks while she's mediuming.

It's the forest.

They've probably already been eaten :smith:.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
The middle panel is perfect if you read the Seraphs' lines in the voice of slightly less high-strung Daleks

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jeez Kat, you worry too drat much. They just wanted to stealthily ask for a good hairdresser disguised as a security check.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
When I first read it this morning I had a crazy theory due to barely being awake that seems less likely now but whatever: The robots have Kat and Paz "marry" and their "ceremony" involves tying them together with a thread.

The only bit of that I don't think is insane is that the "Thread" bit of all this won't be severed, despite Kat being awkward as all hell.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Oooh, shiny:

http://gunnerkrigg.tumblr.com/post/65337043953/i-always-wanted-to-make-one-of-these-they-came

quote:

I always wanted to make one of these! They came out really great.

These will be available first at Thought Bubble in Leeds on November 23-24.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well now I know what I'm getting myself for x-mas.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I really want two of those. I hope they will be available online before Christmas.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I need one of those for my leather jacket. Gotta accessorize, after all.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!
I know it's flair, but I want it.

E: your license to print money arrived Tom. You know what to do.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 28, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
There any plans for a Forest Pin?

I mean, I prefer the court symbol but, y'know.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Oh god so many flashbacks to awkward teenage agonies. Is she my Girlfriend yet? At all? Ever? Just Friend? Is she hanging out with me out of pity?

:negative:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Kikas posted:

When you get something that disseminates information as well as a robot (and I'm frankly amazed at how well they do that, considering) it's hard to tell the difference between "gossip" and "keeping people up to date".

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

There any plans for a Forest Pin?

I mean, I prefer the court symbol but, y'know.

The only thing I want more than a Court pin is a Forest pin.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Combed Thunderclap posted:

The only thing I want more than a Court pin is a Forest pin.

The Forest strikes me as less a "lapel pin" and more a "ritual scarification" sort of place.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
The Forest Pin is actually just a safety pin jammed through a candy wrapper. A fairy has scrawled "Fat Jerk" on it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I spent the last few minutes refreshing the page but then I remembered it was only Tuesday. :smith:

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
That happens to me, sometimes. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

SynthOrange posted:

I spent the last few minutes refreshing the page but then I remembered it was only Tuesday. :smith:

For a brief, drowsy second this morning I thought the page was a new page because I had slightly forgot like the first half of it :(