Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same place as XP. 3 Star resturant. 100k to get in but if you beat it under par you get easily 1.5-2x that back.

Don't you need to beat the Elite 4 before you can do the 3 star restaurant or Sushi place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Not sure about entry requirements for Le Wow, but the Battle Chateau works pretty well before then with the amulet coin and O-Powers.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rainuwastaken posted:

Not sure about entry requirements for Le Wow, but the Battle Chateau works pretty well before then with the amulet coin and O-Powers.

Also, it has the side benefit of giving you a decadent, bourgeois title of nobility.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

deadly_pudding posted:

Also, it has the side benefit of giving you a decadent, bourgeois title of nobility.

I don't know about you, but being a Duke is the primary benefit, the cash is just for fun.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I don't know about you, but being a Duke is the primary benefit, the cash is just for fun.

I thought the primary benefit was level 65 Audinos.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Techniichan posted:

How do I watch these battles?

Open up your Vs Recorder (in game key item) and search by code.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

astr0man posted:

Open up your Vs Recorder (in game key item) and search by code.

Side note: you get this in the post-game.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

Awesome! :D Perhaps I'll throw together a sand team for the Spec. Def. buff.

Mega Aggron doesn't get a Special Defense boost in sand since it's not a rock type. If you want a Specially Defensive tank on a sand team it's hard to beat Assault Vest Tyranitar who even brings his own sand.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I beat X the first time with Froakie, then played through Y with Chespin and now that I'm playing through my other copy of X with Delphox, I've decided to beat this game on hard/awesome mode: I'm going to use my starter and 5 Pokemon I receive through Wonder Trade. I'm sorry in advance for putting out poo poo Wonder Trades, but I'll put out awesome stuff in X part one later, I promise!

My team is just going to be whatever I get the first time. No switching out, no more catching wild Pokemon (except for the legendary, obviously. And that Lucario that I'll be forced to use for five minutes and then promptly box. I've beaten two gyms so far, but I'm so bored that I have to switch things up.

Looks like the other five are going to be:
Honedge
Gastly
Burmy
Bidoof
another Fennekin

Well, poo poo. Decent type coverage, I guess, with the exception of me running two Fennekin. Oh well.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
I see people mentioning Protean Greninja. How are we supposed to obtain one if we didn't get the ability at the very start of the game?

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

treeboy posted:

I see people mentioning Protean Greninja. How are we supposed to obtain one if we didn't get the ability at the very start of the game?

The Friend Safari in the post-game lets you capture Pokemon with their hidden abilities, and Froakies (well, Frogadiers) are obtainable from there.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

treeboy posted:

Friend Safari pokemon can have their hidden abilities. Protean Frogadiers can be found in water safaris, so people are getting their hands on those and just breeding them like crazy. Males can pass down hidden abilities now too, so it makes things so much easier.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Thanks for the awesome fight Rocky, that was intense.

kangaskhan might be my favourite pokemon now that she mega evolves.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

Mega Aggron doesn't get a Special Defense boost in sand since it's not a rock type. If you want a Specially Defensive tank on a sand team it's hard to beat Assault Vest Tyranitar who even brings his own sand.

How much does the Assault Vest boost SDef by?

M.Aggron + Goomy + Gengar might make an interesting 3v3 team...
Perhaps I should finish the main game before getting into all this.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Solumin posted:

They're consistent with it, at least. There's a girl in Lumiose who said she almost had the $5 million needed to join.
Which I guess means every member of Team Flare (or at least every grunt) paid a cool $5 mil to join.

Also, when they attack the PokeBall factory, they ask the owner to just join Team Flare for $5 mil.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Funkmaster General posted:

Are there any pokemon spinoff games that don't star or at least heavily feature pikachu?

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, far as I can tell, simply have Pikachu as one of the options for starting the game as.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Just to clear it up, I spent a LOT of time doofing around at the Battle Chateau. I didn't seriously expect anything to happen but sometimes RPGs do fun stuff if you beat an unbeatable boss.

Lufia 2 gave you the Gades Blade if you beat Gades. He makes some comment about your strength being impressive, but not quite enough.

Gades Blade had a special power that let you do 8 attacks at half damage (so 4x normal damage) and ridiculous physical attack power. God, I miss that game...

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Are there any pokemon spinoff games that don't star or at least heavily feature pikachu?

Pokemon Snap had Pikachu in it, but I think only in a couple of zones.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Funny thing about mega mawile: A perfect attack mega mawile has the equivalent of 259 base attack out of a possible 255. It actually breaks the normal stat limit.

Unbound posted:

Pokemon Snap had Pikachu in it, but I think only in a couple of zones.

Actually every zone except the last zone that only had mew.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Same place as XP. 3 Star resturant. 100k to get in but if you beat it under par you get easily 1.5-2x that back.

Under par? I thought the restaurants give the best payout if you make par exactly rather than going under it?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I asked in this thread if it were possible to have multiple Pokemon saves if you had more than one SD card. Well, I switched back to my completed game and it says my data is not comparable with this version. Did someone lie to me and end up making me lose all my save data or is there a fix to this

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Under par? I thought the restaurants give the best payout if you make par exactly rather than going under it?

That's true, but being under par still gives a better payout than going over it, so it's best to aim low instead of trying to hit it exactly only for something to use Protect on the last turn.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flameingblack posted:

I asked in this thread if it were possible to have multiple Pokemon saves if you had more than one SD card. Well, I switched back to my completed game and it says my data is not comparable with this version. Did someone lie to me and end up making me lose all my save data or is there a fix to this

Someone lied to you. If the save data doesn't match the last data on the card, which is changed every time it saves, it'll throw up invalid messages forever. This and Animal Crossing have some hardcore single save protections.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Let me tell you about luck.

A shiny wingull graced my hoard battle training, and the only thing near it's level was 5 over. As the other wingulls were picked off one-by-one, my level 50 Dedenne dodged 3 Supersonics in a row. Finally the last lucky thing to happen: Critical capture in a premier ball.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Solumin posted:

How much does the Assault Vest boost SDef by?

Assault Vest boosts Special Defense by 50%.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Where in the Pokemon Village is the TM psychic?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Up the waterfall in the northwest corner.

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Up the waterfall on the left

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Apparently Sassy Dittos don't loving exist because I've spent 5 hours trying to catch one and gotten what feels like 2 of everything else so I guess it's time to slap Trevenant with a random Grass poke and pray I get a good nature.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

MustelaFuro posted:

Advice on an adamant regenerator Meinfoo please. I plan on maxing attack EVS, but since he has regenerator should I split the rest of the EVs between HP and Speed or just dump everything into speed?

Anyone?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

I want to say Ranger didn't, but I have literally never played it or looked at it twice?

The mystery Dungeon Series also simply has Pikachu as one of the many possible PC/Party members. At the start you choose 2 of about 20 pokemon to use, and pikachu is one of them. You can go through the whole game without seeing one in the story.
Maybe Pokemon Conquest?
The Stadium esque games (or at least Battle Revolution) didn't give pikachu very high billing, if you count those as spin-offs?

To my knowledge, regenerator is most important for Life Orb and entry hazard damage. Mienshao gets destroyed by actual attacks, so HP is kind of a bust. If you can't outspeed and U-turn out, you're probably just going to get KO-d.
And switching is for chumps.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
See a lot of Timid Protean Froakies. What makes that better than, say, Jolly? Most of his line's moves are physical. The hell would you ever make a special attacker out of him? Yes, his attack is marginally lower, but EV Training takes care of that. Breed for Jolly, train Attack/Speed, and proceed to roll everything you can cover.

That or take the incredibly boring route of Sub/Spikes, I guess. I've never fought one online, I dunno how people are using him.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
O...oh my.

If you keep your hand near your pokemon and s/he swipes at it s/he'll high five it!

Best game...

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ChibiSoma posted:

See a lot of Timid Protean Froakies. What makes that better than, say, Jolly? Most of his line's moves are physical. The hell would you ever make a special attacker out of him? Yes, his attack is marginally lower, but EV Training takes care of that. Breed for Jolly, train Attack/Speed, and proceed to roll everything you can cover.

That or take the incredibly boring route of Sub/Spikes, I guess. I've never fought one online, I dunno how people are using him.

Probably because special moves on average have higher power and neither of Froakie's attacks are really too great without significant EV investment. What could be OHKOs with a fully-focused Special Attack would be 2HKOs with Physical, and 2HKOs for Special would become even weaker.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ChibiSoma posted:

He has access to better Special Moves than physical so I have no idea what you're talking about?

Dude gets Ice Beam and Dark Pulse which by themselves give him huge coverage. Add in Hydro pump and U-turn for safety swaps and focus him Speed First then SpA makes him hit faster than almost everything in the game and hit like a goddamn Mack Truck.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ChibiSoma posted:

Most of his moves are physical, but most of his good moves are special. And his special attack is solidly mediocre while his actual attack is completely below par considering he has no way to boost it outside of a Choice Band.

Scald/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Grass Knot are way the hell better than Night Slash/Water Shureiken/Acrobatics... Rock Tomb? His only good physical moves at all are U-Turn and Waterfall.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

He has access to better Special Moves than physical so I have no idea what you're talking about?

Dude gets Ice Beam and Dark Pulse which by themselves give him huge coverage. Add in Hydro pump and U-turn for safety swaps and focus him Speed First then SpA makes him hit faster than almost everything in the game and hit like a goddamn Mack Truck.

Then from that Naïve or Hasty sound like better fits, his defenses are paper thin anyways and you don't really want to nerf U-Turn that much.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.

ChibiSoma posted:

fuckin' scald man...scald...

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

Gensuki posted:

I want to say Ranger didn't, but I have literally never played it or looked at it twice?

The mystery Dungeon Series also simply has Pikachu as one of the many possible PC/Party members. At the start you choose 2 of about 20 pokemon to use, and pikachu is one of them. You can go through the whole game without seeing one in the story.
Maybe Pokemon Conquest?
The Stadium esque games (or at least Battle Revolution) didn't give pikachu very high billing, if you count those as spin-offs?

To my knowledge, regenerator is most important for Life Orb and entry hazard damage. Mienshao gets destroyed by actual attacks, so HP is kind of a bust. If you can't outspeed and U-turn out, you're probably just going to get KO-d.
And switching is for chumps.

Thank you.

Do Poke Miles reset if not used in a certain amount of time? I had a poo poo load and haven't bought anything yet. I just went to the Poke Mile exchange guy and I now have only 6 Poke miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
Holy crap, someone just Wondertraded me their level 64 Delphox. I hope they meant to do that. They got Anticipation Eevee in return...

Interestingly, Delphox's French name actually fits its cry.

Huge Liability fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 28, 2013

• Locked thread