Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004
Do they go in a certain order, and popping a wrinkler and rolling the lucky number gets you the next one, or are they separate chances per cookie type with each pop?

Edit: I kiiiind of want to reset for the second time. I held out for 117 HC the first time, and I was planning on going for 300 on my second play-through, but maybe 197 is enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

What perfect timing, I just reset earlier tonight. Turns out with 15,000 chips it takes about 3 minutes to hit 1 billion cps.
I hope running it overnight with wrinklers on doesn't turn out to be a terrible idea!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Shouldn't wrinklers artificially inflate your all time baked number? You're basically getting those cookies added to your score twice.

ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004
I don't think the withered cookies are added when they pump up the wrinkler, just after you pop it.

Edit: I'm letting them accumulate right now to see if there's a maximum. Up to eight wrinklers, withering 40% of my CPS.

Edit 2: They sat there with seven for a while and as soon as I popped those seven there were more, so I think that's the max.

ejstheman fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 29, 2013

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

If you've got Wrinklers going on and you get a blood clot and want to refresh your browser (filthy cheating I realize), you might want to clear the Wrinklers before resetting. I had about 7 that weren't there when the page reloaded, not sure if I got the "interest" or not.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, both the Elder Pledge and Covenant add +10 to your popped Wrinklers when you buy 'em. I guess the question there is whether or not that rolls the die for unlocking the new upgrades or not, and if so does it do it 10 times or just the once?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just racked up over 600 "wrinklers popped" that way and didn't unlock any upgrades, so I think it's safe to say it doesn't count.

Does give the achievements though.

EDIT: Well, that's not enough trials to show that it doesn't roll once, but it almost certainly doesn't roll 10 times.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I've popped 57 wrinklers and haven't gotten a single one of the new cookies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I didn't get my first until over 130.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

New update just popped up saying that it makes wrinklers less useless.

Tsolum
Jun 12, 2013
When did the Grandmapocalypse start making the Grandmas you can buy TERRIFYING? Good lord.

ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004
I assume there's some insane wrinkler-popping achievement that you can only get in a reasonable amount of time by making and breaking the covenant repeatedly.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Tsolum posted:

When did the Grandmapocalypse start making the Grandmas you can buy TERRIFYING? Good lord.

...Which one? :unsmigghh:

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
The last update really increases the amount of Wrinklers you get, maximum constantly since it dropped.

Took me 460 of the things to get all of the cookie types, however.

ejstheman
Feb 11, 2004
So what I'm thinking is that you should in general let wrinklers accumulate until you have one less than the maximum, so that you can pop them as often as possible to get the spooky cookies. Every time the last one appears, pop a different one at random. Once you have all the spooky cookies, let the maximum accumulate and don't bother popping them unless you need cookies to buy something. Does that make sense?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Pretty much. Assuming they can absorb an unlimited number of cookies you now want to be in red cookie mode whenever you're AFK.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
New update... 5% chance now to get the new cookies, not 1%.

Also, Wrinkler math changed

code:
me.sucked+=(((Game.cookiesPs/Game.fps)*Game.cpsSucked)/Game.wrinklers.length);
to
code:
me.sucked+=(((Game.cookiesPs/Game.fps)*Game.cpsSucked));//suck the cookies
He no longer divides it by the number of wrinklers, so that might make them actually BOOST your CPS significantly.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Oh gently caress, it just occurred to me, if I reset then I have to click a few hundred wrinklers to get back up to full capacity. Balls.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

First Halloween cookie after 32 wrigglers.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

So what are the odds of getting a Halloween upgrade when popping a Wrinkler? Because I got my first one after popping only 8 of them, and that sounds different from 1% chance. (Slime Cookies, wheeeee)

[edit]
vvvvvvv Thanks, so 5% basically, decreasing with how many Halloween upgrades you've already unlocked.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 29, 2013

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Auto-wrinkler clicker:
code:
setInterval(function(){ Game.wrinklers.forEach(function(wrinkler, index, array){ if (wrinkler.sucked > 1) wrinkler.hp = 0; } ) }, 1000);
Wrinkler math is kinda hosed as well.
code:
if (me.sucked>0.5)
{
	Game.Popup('Exploded a wrinkler : found '+Beautify(me.sucked)+' cookies!');
	if (Math.random()<0.05)//halloween cookie drops
        {
		var cookie=choose(['Skull cookies','Ghost cookies','Bat cookies','Slime cookies','Pumpkin cookies','Eyeball cookies','Spider cookies']);
		if (!Game.HasUnlocked(cookie))
		{
			Game.Unlock(cookie);
			Game.Popup('Found : '+cookie+'!');
		}
	}
}
When popping a wrinkler you've got a 5% chance to earn one of the spooky cookies, but it picks from a pool of all cookies. If you've already earned the cookie that was picked that chance is wasted.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Do the Halloween cookies require all new wrinkler clicking on a reset or do they all unlock like the golden cookie upgrades do on a reset, with one acquired?

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.
[[ Please wait, retrieving information... ]]

AlmightyPants posted:

Do the Halloween cookies require all new wrinkler clicking on a reset or do they all unlock like the golden cookie upgrades do on a reset, with one acquired?

Looking at the code, they need to be re-unlocked every time

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Cookie Clicker changelog posted:

New Shadow Achievement:
Just plain lucky: You have 1 chance in 500,000 every second of earning this achievement.

:effort:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

See now he's just being open about how he's loving with us.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just started this game last night. What sort of benchmark should I be going for before my first soft reset for chips?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
The endgame for this is pretty disappointing. The golden cookies are the greatest income source by far and once at the tera-petacookie scale, the game pretty much requires you to watch for them all the time.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zerilan posted:

Just started this game last night. What sort of benchmark should I be going for before my first soft reset for chips?

100-150 is the general concensus from the thread

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.

Whoops, seems i have this one already without noticing :)
I should go play the lottery i guess?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I have 133/135 upgrades, of which 6 are Halloween upgrades. What is the other missing upgrade? Elder Covenant?

[edit]
vvvvvv No I've got that one. I think it's the Sacrificial Rolling Pins, since I haven't bought the Pledge enough times yet.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 29, 2013

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Merijn posted:

I have 133/135 upgrades, of which 6 are Halloween upgrades. What is the other missing upgrade? Elder Covenant?

The last Halloween upgrade and the 2000 chip cookie upgrade, most likely.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I don't know if this is average or lucky, but I got one cookie last night when the drop rate was total poo poo, and then this morning before work I kind of idly clicked maybe 20-30 wrinklers and got 3 more. They're not so bad, although sitting around not getting gold cookies in a reset is gonna be a bitch.

This is why I say he's loving with us, he gives us fast research finally but then also makes it so that we have to sit around with red cookies just as long to get the 140% base cps that comes with it.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Edit: Nevermind

Brutakas fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 29, 2013

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
After leaving the game up overnight, and while at school, I came back to have cookie production multipliers able to be bought. I think when there is a Wrinkler by every open spot, and one spawns, it counts as popping one or something and opens up the ability to buy the cookie upgrade.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just now up over 1 billion CPS. What all does the grandmapocalypse do? I just got to One Mind on the upgrade list and not sure if I should go ahead and get it yet or not.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Zerilan posted:

Just now up over 1 billion CPS. What all does the grandmapocalypse do? I just got to One Mind on the upgrade list and not sure if I should go ahead and get it yet or not.

It makes you more cookies. Reason enough to click it, the world be damned.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Zerilan posted:

What all does the grandmapocalypse do? I just got to One Mind on the upgrade list and not sure if I should go ahead and get it yet or not.

Just follow your avatar's advice :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I actually named the file grandmaaaargh.png. :gonk:

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
43 wrinkles to get the first halloween cookie great....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

FailAtMagic posted:

43 wrinkles to get the first halloween cookie great....

It took me about 500 to get all of them.

• Locked thread