Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Liar Lyre posted:

Great riff. Great movie too (it was my first time watching it).
Anyone look at the goodies yet? I hope the Norman short is one of them.

A Rifftones song, some avatars, a signed picture, and 15% off discount through 10/30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For people who didn't go, they also announced that they'll be releasing the Kickstarter Norman short soon. Also it seems like the one from this live show might have been the last one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Goddamnit, I just checked the goodies page and the Norman short isn't available as part of that :(

Is there any other way to see it? Besides, you know, going to see an encore of the whole event.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"Nice doggie."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Maxwell Lord posted:

"Nice doggie."
That part had me and the rest of my theater laughing the hardest, along with "Sometimes there are raisins!"

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Goddamnit, I just checked the goodies page and the Norman short isn't available as part of that :(

Is there any other way to see it? Besides, you know, going to see an encore of the whole event.

It will probably be released later in pre-recorded form.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Well my dad was kind of a party-pooper. He's a bit hard of hearing, so oftentimes he'd ask me what it was they said that got such a laugh. By the end of the night he was mildly amused, but didn't really bust out in laughter much.

Best lines were anything related to Barbara's catatonia. The young Barack Obama line got roaring laughter in our Massachusetts theater. Wonder how it did in the deep south :v:

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
It got a decent laugh at my theatre in AL.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Neurion posted:

Well my dad was kind of a party-pooper. He's a bit hard of hearing, so oftentimes he'd ask me what it was they said that got such a laugh. By the end of the night he was mildly amused, but didn't really bust out in laughter much.

Best lines were anything related to Barbara's catatonia. The young Barack Obama line got roaring laughter in our Massachusetts theater. Wonder how it did in the deep south :v:

It killed here in my theater here in SW Missouri. Although the guy right in front of me loudly booed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Neurion posted:

I don't know if New Orleans is considered the "deep south", but yeah, it got a ton of laughs at my theater too. And same with the "Kinda messed up to make him ride back there..." line :v:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

I don't know if New Orleans is considered the "deep south", but yeah, it got a ton of laughs at my theater too. And same with the "Kinda messed up to make him ride back there..." line :v:

Savannah here and it got a good laugh. The Bill O'Reilly home game got a bigger laugh.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I have to say that 3 Live Events in like 6 months is pretty impressive. I have an annual "watch bad movies" thing for Christmas with a friend, and she also loved MST3k. I have the MST3k Essentials disk with the Santa Conquers The Martians episode, and we've never gotten around to that one yet. Now that disk will be totally redundant thanks to two of the live shows (got Manos for being a Kickstarter backer).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just remembered the Cranberries joke and the subsequent off-pitch singing of the song and started cracking up :D

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not rifftrax related, but seeing NOTLD again made me realize just how different the feel is between the first movie and the later ones. Zombie films are generally considered apocalyptic; humanity is doomed. In NOTLD, you get the impression that the event was reasonably well contained.

As promised, here's the pictures of all the pre-movie slides. This is brought to you by the feature I didn't realize imgur had until now: the "Generate multiple links" feature. Made formatting a list much, much easier and less time consuming. If I broke some forum rule about pics-per-post, I'll gladly edit this.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MisterBibs posted:

pre-show slide pics
Thanks so much! I missed out on them so this was really helpful :)

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

When's the encore? Not next Thursday I hope, that actually being Halloween and all.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Just came back from the Portland showing with my roommate and she's already jonesing for December 5th. She was still laughing so hard on the way back, we had to stop while she caught her breath. The cellar jokes were a big hit, as was any Barbara dialogue. The "Welcome to the cellar, DICK." got a big laugh from me. Really fun night. :)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah, that line got a lot of guilty laughter in the Bay Area.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TVs Ian posted:

Whyyyyyyyyy don't they do the re-airings on a different night of the week? My wife works late every Thursday, so I can't go to these anymore. I can understand if Thursday is the best day for the live airing, but couldn't they do the repeat on a different day? Not like they need them to show up again...

I believe Thursdays are the weakest day for theaters (unless there was a new release on a Wednesday) so that is the day these types of things get. Something like boxing or UFC can get priority over movies because they are running Saturdays no matter what, but Rifftrax can go on any day, so it gets Thursday.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Good to know it's official!

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
If I recall correctly this is the first time that both Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic have taken a second shot at a film.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
For those of you who got the MP3 commentary for Starship Troopers as part of the Kickstarter package, did you get the Disembaudio sync list. too? I must have missed it and I don't have the rewards link anymore.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Good to know it's official!

So is the version they're riffing going to be in color?

Edit:vvv Huh. I coulda swore it's black and white. And I just watched it two nights ago :/

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 28, 2013

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

PrinceRandom posted:

Why wouldn't it be, it's always been a color film.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Ballz posted:

When's the encore? Not next Thursday I hope, that actually being Halloween and all.

Yeah, have they made any indication as to when they'll be re-airing it? Fathom Events doesn't list anything for them until December, but that's Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PrinceRandom posted:

Edit:vvv Huh. I coulda swore it's black and white. And I just watched it two nights ago :/

The movie has a really weird color to it, so it looks almost sepia toned. Maybe that was just a problem with the version that they used for MST3K.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this? posted:

The movie has a really weird color to it, so it looks almost sepia toned. Maybe that was just a problem with the version that they used for MST3K.

Or just cheap film stock that hasn't aged well.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Rifftrax just announced they will be releasing the riff for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1 this Friday.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Rifftrax just announced they will be releasing the riff for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1 this Friday.

I just saw that on Facebook after playing Lego Harry Potter (1) for the first time. That's a hell of a coincidence. I hope part 2 follows up quickly so I can marathon the series (again).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Kingdom posted:

Woah, that's their first contemporary feature riff since Breaking Dawn Part 2, huh? That's awesome!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Woah, that's their first contemporary feature riff since Breaking Dawn Part 2, huh? That's awesome!

I think Avengers was after that.

EDIT: We're both wrong. It was Starship Troopers, then Twilight:BD2, then Avengers.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yesssss this is my top most wanted Riff! I love the Harry Potter Riffs. So excited for this!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IUG posted:

I think Avengers was after that.

EDIT: We're both wrong. It was Starship Troopers, then Twilight:BD2, then Avengers.
Haha, whoops, I forgot about the Avengers riff entirely.

Now that I think about it, I don't remember if I even saw that one. Maybe I did...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thank god. I thought they were never going to finish the series.

Which means I never would, either.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Just saw the announcement and yelled out "Yes!" In the middle of this Filipino restaurant. I'm really glad I got my food to go.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Preview clip of the Deathly Hallows 1 riff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-LAen3cZw

From these 2 minutes, it looks like it's gonna be hilarious :D

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Based on that clip, my suspicion has been confirmed.

Each Harry Potter movie got more pale green than the last one, and Deathly Hollows Part 2 is literally just going to be a 2 hour recording of pea soup.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Based on that clip, my suspicion has been confirmed.

Each Harry Potter movie got more pale green than the last one, and Deathly Hollows Part 2 is literally just going to be a 2 hour recording of pea soup.
Yeah there certainly was some weird colorization going on in some of those films, especially the last few.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm a big nerd when it comes to cinematography stuff, especially color palettes (if you want me to bore you to tears, I can tell you how Walter White is alive with color fading to white, while Heisenberg is harsh colors deepening from yellow to red).

I've only ever seen Harry Potter with the Rifftrax, but I what I remember most about the films is that they go from full bright color, to amber, to sickly green as a theme.

And as the series gets darker, so does the color. The whole thing could be summarized by a picture of a spring meadow, an autumnal scene, and winter's pale green grass and dead trees, shrouded in blackness.

</supermechagodzilla>

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Oct 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
There's a great site called Movie Barcode. Its hard to describe exactly what it does, but essentially it gives you a good overview of the color and lighting scheme a movie has.

Here's what the first "Harry Potter" movies looks like through it:

Here's what the last one looks like through it:

EDIT: And here's one that tracks all eight movies:

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 29, 2013

• Locked thread