Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Some speculate they attended Harvard together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
It's all part of Obama's conspiracy! :tinfoil:
I'm thinking she'll be popping up in pro-Second Amendment screeds next time we have a mass shooting.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Paul MaudDib posted:

I don't get it. It's a stock photo, who cares? Is there supposed to be some sinister implication that Obama knows this person somehow or something?

They're scraping the bottom of the controversy barrel. Actually, they're probably through it and now steadily tunneling towards the center of the Earth.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What I want to know is why Obama killed this girl. What did she know? What is he hiding?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Her replacement doesn't look too happy with the new assignment.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

HootTheOwl posted:

If it ain't a perfect circle, that ain't no shield she's using.

Thanks man. I needed that :synthy:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Wow, it shouldn't really be hard to stay on topic about the website's problems. What the hell are they accomplishing by obsessing about the stock photo?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr Christmas posted:

Wow, it shouldn't really be hard to stay on topic about the website's problems. What the hell are they accomplishing by obsessing about the stock photo?

Tapping into the strategic sexism reserves to keep this hate train chuggin.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Her replacement doesn't look too happy with the new assignment.

Of course The Onion Nails it again.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/people-in-healthcaregov-stock-photos-now-visibly-p,34307/

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dr Christmas posted:

I would be shocked if this whole thing didn't trace back to an overnighter being pulled by roomfull of Breitbart reporters on a bag of unusually high grade cocaine.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Dr Christmas posted:

The 'website still down, Obama poo poo' angle will wear down even the tiny memories of their audience eventually, so time to manufacture something new. It doesn't matter how trivial or stupid it is, the outrage machine needs a steady diet of bullshit. See also earlier this week when the USMC picking out new hats somehow became OBAMA MAKING OUR SOLDIERS LOOK FAGGY.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would be shocked if this whole thing didn't trace back to an overnighter being pulled by roomfull of Breitbart reporters on a bag of unusually high grade cocaine.

You're not far off. Inside Edition (of "gently caress it, do it live!" fame) then ran a story off that late last week.

eta: CNN in one gif right here ->

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I think the single funniest political fact of this year is going to be Republicans unsuccessfully shutting down the government to spite Obamacare...at the exact moment they could've actually had a somewhat valid complaint about it*.

*AKA license to go fuckin' balls out tearing it down in the media

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

You're not far off. Inside Edition (of "gently caress it, do it live!" fame) then ran a story off that late last week.

Kill me now.

This is like one of those fake news segments from Robocop or something; it's surreal.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Somewhere Jon Stewart is smiling.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was half joking when I said that CNN was the worst news network and that they want to be king of poo poo Mountain.

It's loving Monday, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this week is going to be insufferable.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm just gonna throw this here to lighten the mood a bit and add something funny. Triumph at the Presidential debate and loving with FOX News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I46iwLIF1Fo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Joementum posted:

What's actually happening in this gif. I can't parse it. My brain gives up.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Emron posted:

Totally not racist.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I really want to declare crying about a stock photo being changed as some kind of low point for FOX but whenever you think you've dove all the way down all you see "Fox and Friends attempt to roast Marshmallows with plastic forks, hands" as a blinking light at an impossible depth in the darkness.

This is such a a delightful mental image. It brightened my day.

Dare I hope? Did this actually happen? And is there video?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Please don't use the word "reporters" in conjunction with Breitbart.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
http://mediamatters.org/video/2010/11/19/fox-amp-friends-attempt-to-roast-marshmallows-w/173553

Oh and I was wrong, it was a plastic spoon, not a fork.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

ZobarStyl posted:

The 'website still down, Obama poo poo' angle will wear down even the tiny memories of their audience eventually, so time to manufacture something new. It doesn't matter how trivial or stupid it is, the outrage machine needs a steady diet of bullshit. See also earlier this week when the USMC picking out new hats somehow became OBAMA MAKING OUR SOLDIERS LOOK FAGGY.

I keep seeing this story brought up. Wasn't it shown to be fake? (From Duffel Blog iirc)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Barent posted:

UGHHH. "Some speculated that the covergirl-gone-underground was never even real, but some sort of Photoshop “everywoman” composite." I loving hate it when news outlets do this. Some speculated? loving who? At least give some kind of source. I know I know, :foxnews: but still come the gently caress on! At least pretend to have some journalistic integrity.

Fox News is entirely based on "some people are saying" and "allegedly." You don't even need to have sources at that point. "Some people" could be Charlie and Francine from accounting talking to Sam at the water cooler. As long as more than one person said the thing "some people are saying" is a perfectly acceptable way to phrase a statement. But because the program has "news" in the name a lot of people assume that it must be true.

It isn't even really rumors at this point. Just a bunch of poo poo somebody made up.

Some people are saying that Obama is a sentient mug that came to life and is disguising itself as a human. Obama never said he ISN'T a mug so WHAT IS HE HIDING?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sean Hannity had some guest on today that was fairly calmly and methodically taking the piss out of every single argument and soundbite that Hannity was playing about Obamacare.

Like crushed every answer, even when Hannity moved goalposts or changed the topic entirely, he just owned him on every level. At one point Hannity was literally shouting "YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP! YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP!" over the top of him in the most embarrassingly petulant way possible. It was pretty great.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If I was a mover and shaker right now I would design a massive and fairly difficult alternate-reality-game project involving all kinds of government agency and Obamacare websites' stock photography. They get a massive conspiracy to finally unravel, everyone else gets a month off from this stupid bullshit. Win win.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Joementum posted:

Isn't that CNN's wacky news woman? I just know who she is because the writer of that most loathsome people list really talked about why she should be way up there.

fake e: This is what I mean: http://buffalobeast.com/were-experiencing-technical-difficulties-please-stand-by/

quote:

Btw, do I have to include Adam Lanza? Obviously he perpetrated a literally loathsome and horrific crime, but it feels weird criticizing a guy who was quite clearly out of his mind. And if he’s on the list some other deserving monster who’s sane and purportedly accountable for their actions will have to be bumped–like Jeanne Moos. Really, what is that lady doing? Why? Why does she exist? What is she doing? What the hell does she think she’s doing? Her delivery indicates that she might be aiming for levity (as if the gravitas Wolf Blitzer lends to CNN’s “serious” news coverage demands comic relief), yet she’s never said anything funny. Ever! No one’s ever said, “Oh, you know who makes me laugh? Jeanne Moos!” Not your dad, your aunt, your grandma, nor your uncle who was dropped on his head as an infant–and thinks the late Andy Rooney’s curmudgeon shtick was second in belly-laughs only to the piano stylings of political satirist Mark Russel–has even the remotest idea what in the hell that lady is trying to do! No one! Not even people who think Jay Leno is funny understand what the loving gently caress that loving lady is loving doing! “Oh, brother!” is not a punchline! What the gently caress?! DIE! DIE! DIE!

So what I’m saying is that Jeanne Moos might be far worse than Adam Lanza. Thoughts?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Emron posted:

Looks kind of like she's saying "I (Obama) am not the face of Obamacare *takes off mask*, this is". Or at least that's the only way I can make her body language and her lip movements work.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Was really hoping one of those idiots would catch on fire.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Joementum posted:

Burn our loving media to the ground. Burn it all.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

If Jeanne Moos could read this thread right now she would smugly think your guys' disgust is proof that she's doing her job.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Joementum posted:

How is it that we have a news network whose business model involves actively fomenting bigotry, and CNN still manages to be the worst?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Journalists Jeanette Moos make me wish LF was still around.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Y'all are acting like CNN is actually trying to be a serious, reputable news organization, but failing because of incompetence. But no, they're not actually trying to be a news network. They're trying to be an entertainment network with courtroom and celebrity drama and gossip.

Well at least that's what I think they are trying to do because I don't know what the gently caress.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I had my first old-man moment about two months ago. I wrote an angry "letter to the editor" when I read an overly descriptive article detailing exactly how Hannah Anderson's mother and brother were tortured and killed on CNN.com.

I loving hate CNN so loving much

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

whatis posted:

I had my first old-man moment about two months ago. I wrote an angry "letter to the editor" when I read an overly descriptive article detailing exactly how Hannah Anderson's mother and brother were tortured and killed on CNN.com.

I loving hate CNN so loving much

gently caress you old man. Get with the times, kids don't care about the in depth details of a brutal torture and murder of an innocent family thats MADE UP. It's gotta be real in depth details of a brutal torture and murder of an innocent family or I can't get it up anymore.

gently caress you and your race to the bottom CNN

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Here is Rush beating his chest about how :airquote: right :airquote: he is about the individual mandate. He uses the following Politico article as evidence of his rightness. I think he left out this part:

Politico posted:

Limbaugh’s epiphany on penalty collection restrictions isn’t new. Then-IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman in 2010 said the most obvious way to enforce the fees would be to use tax refunds.
“It is true there will not be a lien or other collection action taken against the taxpayer if they owe the penalty and are not getting an income tax refund,” said Gene King at H&R Block.
The penalties won’t disappear—they’ll simply add up at the IRS over the years. They could start being collected out of any refunds the taxpayer is owed in any subsequent year, King said.
Plus, overdue charges will accrue interest.
The IRS does intend to collect interest on any unpaid penalties, according to industry sources familiar with the issue, although the agency hasn’t issued any official guidance yet. So the sum of the unpaid penalty will keep accruing interest and the liability won’t go away.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/rush-limbaugh-guide-dodging-obamacare-affordable-care-act-tax-penalty-98869.html

Here is one part where Rush loses his poo poo. He attributes the lack of the federal government passing a budget due to leftist incompetence rather than Republican obstruction :laugh:
Here Rush literally yells out that America is DOOMED because idiots believe the lamestream media's characterization of conservatives as racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobes! OH-EM-GEE
You can practically see the vein popping out of his head in this discussion of the cost of Obamacare. The Truth can easily be discovered if you read one webpage or turn on your AM Radios, America!
Rush then apologizes for shrieking at his audience. He would also like to point out that he would never lie to you, dear Americans. Now let's discuss how Obamacare has single handedly dismantled the greatest healthcare system in the world :yum:

By far this was the most entertaining show in a while!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

quiggy posted:

Nope, sorry. It was a class on Arthurian legend so the only real yonic symbol was the grail itself, everything else was dongs as far as the eye can see.

I just read A Once and Future King and liked it a lot, though that may have been the author more than the subject matter. I never read anyone who told a story in the manner T.H. White did. I was looking for some not terrible material on King Arthur to follow it up with, what's good that you recommend? I currently have The Mists of Avalon which seems cool cause it is from the perspective of the women in the stories and I know the author is at least somewhat competent.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ocean Book posted:

I just read A Once and Future King and liked it a lot, though that may have been the author more than the subject matter. I never read anyone who told a story in the manner T.H. White did. I was looking for some not terrible material on King Arthur to follow it up with, what's good that you recommend? I currently have The Mists of Avalon which seems cool cause it is from the perspective of the women in the stories and I know the author is at least somewhat competent.
Avalon High has everyone get reincarnated as high school students and also King Arthur is a girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Ocean Book posted:

Read Steinbeck's adaptation of Mallory.