Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This is why I love person of interest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're trying to keep things a little more under wraps for this years GREATEST EVENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY but they have released a teaser image along with a cast list.

This year its Adam Scott, Catherine O’Hara, Chelsea Peretti, Kathryn Hahn, and Jon Glaser.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Really, Family Ties?

e: nvm Too Close For Comfort

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ufarn posted:

Someone made a show that's better than Homeland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zL106SGZ8
"You're the smartest and the dumbest fuckin' puppet I've ever known."

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ufarn posted:

Someone made a show that's better than Homeland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zL106SGZ8
Clearly kids don't watch Homeland, so did they do all this for random adults to watch on the internet for no reason?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yes they did. Check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PkQRh3QXA

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Josh Lyman posted:

Clearly kids don't watch Homeland, so did they do all this for random adults to watch on the internet for no reason?

They show these things on Sesame Street, presumably because adults often have to watch this stuff with their kids. They've done parodies of Mad Men and True Blood too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Here is one of their most famous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Josh Lyman posted:

Sesame Street has throughout its history tried to make things that both adults and kids would enjoy. They've done subtle and not-so-subtle parodies of all kinds of shows and movies that fly straight over the kids' heads while still teaching them stuff.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Mo0 posted:

Sesame Street has throughout its history tried to make things that both adults and kids would enjoy. They've done subtle and not-so-subtle parodies of all kinds of shows and movies that fly straight over the kids' heads while still teaching them stuff.
Which is smart, as it potentially encourages parents to watch it with their kids, instead of always using the TV as a babysitter.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

You'd think just by sheer numbers of attempts NBC would have managed to make a show in the last few years that wasn't complete poo poo.

I'd seriously buy a book at this point just detailing what the gently caress goes on in their headquarters. You know it's got to be something insane.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would genuinely watch an entire season of Homelamb.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Rarity posted:

Would genuinely watch an entire season of Homelamb.
You're already writing a fanfic OP, aren't you?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Does anyone else here love the show Key and Peele? I was thinking of starting a thread as I didn't see one. Or just a general thread for sketch / comedy shows.

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV

Hollis posted:

Does anyone else here love the show Key and Peele? I was thinking of starting a thread as I didn't see one. Or just a general thread for sketch / comedy shows.

There's a Key and Peele thread, but it doesn't seem to be getting much traffic, for whatever reason :
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3576689

Also Key & Peele appeared in the latest Freddie Wong video and it was great :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHQr0HCIN2w

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Feel free to make a new Key & Peele thread. The OP of the other one did nothing but embed about 20 videos on the first page.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Tonight I started watching a webseries called Suit Up, which is about a crisis manager roped into working for the athletics program for a large southern university. It's sort of Scandal crossed with Friday Night Lights but in college. Storyline was pretty interesting, had some funny moments, and most episodes were 10 - 20 minutes long, and since there are only 10 eps in a season, each season is under two hours. It stars Marc Evan Jackson (Who I may have mentioned in this thread in another project he's in recently. Listen to Thrilling Adventure Hour! :argh: ) and Barry Corbin plays the University President. If you have two hours to kill, give it a try.

Season 1
Season 2

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Hollis posted:

That show is great. Obama anger translator is awesome and meeting the rest of the family translators... too fumy.

Also very happy I don't personally know anyone named Aaron :)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Tonight's @Midnight features Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, and Doug Benson. Comedy Central in two minutes. Go.

EDIT: "Yes! But it was by a bear and now I'm dead."

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 29, 2013

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

DivisionPost posted:

Tonight's @Midnight features Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, and Doug Benson. Comedy Central in two minutes. Go.

EDIT: "Yes! But it was by a bear and now I'm dead."

Kristen Schaal is killing it tonight. And you need the forum post that goes to that.

"Eaten out while on my period. Has this ever happened to anyone before."

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
They should just keep these three as the contestants.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am out of breath from laughing so hard.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tonight's episode seems to be evidence that they should just throw the away a game segment or two on nights that the comics are doing this well. Don't be tied down to the format!

Also, Doug Benson is high as gently caress.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
So glad I stumbled on to that show.

Mirman's crack at Hardwick hosting shows nobody knows about was hilarious.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Mr. Fowl posted:

Tonight's episode seems to be evidence that they should just throw the away a game segment or two on nights that the comics are doing this well. Don't be tied down to the format!

That or just release extended episodes on the web.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 29, 2013

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

YAHH! KRISTEN! :neckbeard:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
My favorite parts, I think, were when they were just playing off each other. Like with Mirman trapped in the red loser light.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'll make a thread tomorrow if nobody else does, but for now, let's see who else is on deck...

TUES: Matt Braunger, Nikki Glaser, Patton Oswalt (!!!)

WED: Scott Aukerman (!!!), Matt Besser, Megan Neuringer

THURS: Steve Agee, Natasha Leggero, Moshe Kasher

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

DivisionPost posted:

I'll make a thread tomorrow if nobody else does, but for now, let's see who else is on deck...

TUES: Matt Braunger, Nikki Glaser, Patton Oswalt (!!!)

WED: Scott Aukerman (!!!), Matt Besser, Megan Neuringer

THURS: Steve Agee, Natasha Leggero, Moshe Kasher

Your exclamation points are well-placed. I am super pumped to see Aukerman on this show.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Crossposting from the Network Programming thread:

You should all be watching Ravenswood.

It's a legitimately creepy show with great performances and solid writing masquerading as a teen drama.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Slamhound posted:

Crossposting from the Network Programming thread:

You should all be watching Ravenswood.

It's a legitimately creepy show with great performances and solid writing masquerading as a teen drama.
Should we also be watching Pretty Little Liars?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I read Ravenswood was PLL without the stupid, and seeing how the stupid is the only thing that makes the original show watching even a little...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

Also, Doug Benson is high as gently caress.

At least he was somewhat functional. He has a bad tendency to get so stoned he can't do anything and then try to perform anyway.

I'm so conflicted about @midnight. I hate Chris Hardwick and think he drags the show way down, but the panel's constant riffing is so good it makes up for it. I think I'm going to keep watching because it's twenty minutes and I can tolerate him for that long.

Also, they need to fix their buzzer wiring. They seem to have them wired up in sequence so that the person on the right always has priority over the person on the left. It's not a real game show, but it would be nice if they could get the whole panel involved more. I've seen this happen a few times so far but this was a really obvious problem with last night's episode.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
PLL is the best show that only approx. 5 people in this subforum are actually watching.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
It's true, PLL is crazy (but the best kind of crazy).

Still not that interested in Ravenswood, though. Caleb is one of the more boring characters to spin off with.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Could be worse.

Could be Toby, King of Two Facial Expressions Max.

(Why COULDN'T it have been stupid Toby, to liberate Spencer from his terrible woodenness.)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

On the cusp of dropping the League again. I'd be interested to see what that writing room is like, because while the cast is always excellent, the writing dives into juvenile (and unfunny) as gently caress and just downright unpleasant every few episodes. I really can't ever recommend it to anyone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I dropped it after the recent episode.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Mu Zeta posted:

I dropped it after the recent episode.

Really? I thought the last episode was the strongest of the season. The only other episode I've really enjoyed this season was the Rafi and Dirty Randy episode but I know that wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Rafi one was the only one I liked.

• Locked thread