Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Adam Strange posted:

He vacillates between dumb/insightful a lot on there imo. Easily the least consistent of the guys on the podcast.

Oh definitely, and now that I think about it, they kind of carry him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Seneca goes surprisingly far back as a comics blogosphere guy and was easily as poo poo then.

Oh, yeah, duh.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Daniel Clarke:

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Haha that top right panel is killing me. Like FINALLY I meet a girl who is super intrigued and even a little confused, in a sexy way, that I think all my peers are beneath me, despite how much information I can probably tell you about Spider Man???

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010

Humboldt squid posted:

Christopher heart is only scratching the surface of children's drawing book hackery.

God I still cringe everytime I see a Chris Heart book. Truthfully, the Impact how to draw books (yes even draw furries), are very well done. They use artists that are actually in the craft actively outside of how to draw book, and give full credit to them. Also, Imapact has a set on fantasy art that is stunning to look and and pretty comprehensive on the technical aspects. As and art major, I feel confident to say that Impact makes more quality how to draw books than a lot of the publishers out there. that wonder shojo manga book actually has an AWESOME section on using artist markers.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
From the back of the Teen Titans Lost Elseworld

You've never enjoyed anything as much as Nick Cardy enjoyed drawing Wonder Girl. Godspeed Nick.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

From the back of the Teen Titans Lost Elseworld

You've never enjoyed anything as much as Nick Cardy enjoyed drawing Wonder Girl. Godspeed Nick.

(DC) Superheroes.....smiling.....this is something I have never seen in a while (ie in the last 15 years).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

(DC) Superheroes.....smiling.....this is something I have never seen in a while (ie in the last 15 years).

Yeah but one is Donna Troy and trying to explain her backstory causes peoples heads to explode. Wally who no longer exists. Speedy who is a drug addict with a dead daughter and stuck hanging with Jason Todd.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Wait Speedy having a dead daughter is still canon in New 52?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

I am not sure. It might not be now, but that can all change next week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I doubt Arsenal has a kid in the New 52, since families aren't grim or gritty.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I doubt Arsenal has a kid in the New 52, since families aren't grim or gritty.

Well, dead families are pretty grim and gritty.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
But it ages the character.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Goddamnit you babies keep it in the DC bitching thread. We lost a great artist.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

goldenoreos posted:

Nope and for what is worth he never was Speedy, just Arsenal :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's not often that I can say TERRY AUSTIN RUINED THIS! but...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SynthOrange posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a redraw or early draft.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, unless they cut off the borders on the scan, that's not a standard comic board.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Both sides of that look great to me. Is the problem the hair length?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

qntm posted:

Both sides of that look great to me. Is the problem the hair length?

No, he's saying that the pencilled version on the left is so much better than the comic page.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Someone with Photoshop should superimpose them over each other.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Someone with Photoshop should superimpose them over each other.

Using the nose as a reference point:

Definitely not 1:1

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hakkesshu posted:

Using the nose as a reference point:

Definitely not 1:1

The head was completely redrawn and other things were shifted slightly (the right forearm, the left hand, etc) but a lot of it matches up really closely:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Actually. Weren't they inking directly to the board in that timeframe anyway? I really, really doubt that's anything more than a nice reproduction.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
If you need a laugh this week, check out David Finch drawing Forever Evil #3

That panel 2 is seriously the funniest loving thing. Panel 4 being a close second.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Are they really trying to loving recreate the "no more silly faces" moment there?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There was also an Injustice style eyelid/eye coloring gaffe.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Kierena posted:

God I still cringe everytime I see a Chris Heart book. Truthfully, the Impact how to draw books (yes even draw furries), are very well done. They use artists that are actually in the craft actively outside of how to draw book, and give full credit to them. Also, Imapact has a set on fantasy art that is stunning to look and and pretty comprehensive on the technical aspects. As and art major, I feel confident to say that Impact makes more quality how to draw books than a lot of the publishers out there. that wonder shojo manga book actually has an AWESOME section on using artist markers.

Gotta pay props to somebody who builds an entire business empire on "that young man at the store said you'd love this!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This isn't really "bad art" per se, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it since there's not a "Post Nitpicky Bullshit" thread. Anyway, check out this panel from Green Lantern Annual 2:

Notice anything wrong? Your eyes might glance over it the first time, but if you look on the left where it says "Green Lantern", the logo is sideways. How do you gently caress that up? It's a Green Lantern comic, the symbol is on like every page, goddamn. It's not a weird stylistic choice, as Guy's logo on the other side of the page is upright as it should be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

There was also an Injustice style eyelid/eye coloring gaffe.

Good god, Finch's AWFUL

And the editors can't do poo poo, Cold's supposed to be white haired now. :argh:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Guy Davis did some production design for the new Stephen Universe cartoon. It's pretty cool!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

TwoPair posted:

If you need a laugh this week, check out David Finch drawing Forever Evil #3

That panel 2 is seriously the funniest loving thing. Panel 4 being a close second.

Who's that, Uperman?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

TINA TURNER posted:

Who's that, Uperman?

Ultraman

VoidTek
Jul 30, 2002

HAPPYELF WAS RIGHT
The way he's drawn, the whole page generally but Ultraman in particular, just looks to me like something you'd find in a Garth Ennis style EY MATES LOOK HOW FOOKIN DUMB SUPERHEROES ARE book. It looks like it should be a parody, but no, it's meant to be taken completely seriously.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Judgement posted:

The way he's drawn, the whole page generally but Ultraman in particular, just looks to me like something you'd find in a Garth Ennis style EY MATES LOOK HOW FOOKIN DUMB SUPERHEROES ARE book. It looks like it should be a parody, but no, it's meant to be taken completely seriously.

I had the same impression, but mostly regarding that needlessly excessive jaw crushing. Is dislocating Adam's jaw with a big loving punch not ~extreme~ enough for you, DC? Dude's teeth need to pop out like Chiclets?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Luthors under reaction of "yeeesh" is also hilarious. I hate that style of face almost more than the goofy ones above it. The eyes just don't match the rest of the expression and look like they are pasted on.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Bluewater Comics are some pretty low hanging fruit, but I just took a look at the preview for their Christopher Reeve comic out today. It's something wonderful.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Teenage Fansub posted:

Bluewater Comics are some pretty low hanging fruit, but I just took a look at the preview for their Christopher Reeve comic out today. It's something wonderful.

SCRIPT BY
Wikipedia

ART BY:
Google image search
Photoshop filters

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I'm looking for some kind of statement being made in that comic and all I can come up with is, "Christopher Reeve was an actor who made some movies!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm looking for some kind of statement being made in that comic and all I can come up with is, "Christopher Reeve was an actor who made some movies!"

They should of had Byrne write it.