Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think he was supposed to get a vent hood for free too, only he didn't bother verifying it actually existed and/or was appropriate for what he wanted to do

surprise like attracks like and goons dumped thousands on somebody who thought starting a restauraunt in a shed in the middle of nowhere would be as simple as buyin a big pot for boilin tha dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i just remembered where i'd heard dropsy before

quote:

Edema, formerly known as dropsy or hydropsy, is an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the interstitium, which are locations beneath the skin or in one or more cavities of the body.

good name for a game imo

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

TOOT BOOT posted:

doobie's having a meltdown:

For the first time since I started this project I'm feeling like it's not going to happen... It's the curse of the vent hood again.... Not only did it take a lot of my funds to buy it .. Now it's got to be installed ... I don't think I can do it myself..,I called an installer .. It cost more to install than to buy it.. This is ridiculous .. If I don't get this loan that I'm fixing to try for, I could be over before it got started... No need to respond just wanted to say what was on my mind... Having anxiety attach or something... Can barely catch my breath

how the gently caress was this idiot ever going to run a business if he can't get a hot dog stand running with almost $20k in free capital

who cares, why the gently caress are we using a sub forum where these idiots donated $20k because they are stupid as gently caress

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

~*~YOSPOS OFFSITE~*~

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

dur posted:

i just remembered where i'd heard dropsy before

good name for a game imo

and here we can see forums superstar "dur" demonstrate his rockin' disregard for "reading" "threads"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

and here we can see forums superstar "dur" demonstrate his rockin' disregard for "reading" "threads"

yeah i'm real good at that

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

dammit who put a hidden camera in my room

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
this is a kickstarter for a shirt called the... rip off

yes. it is called the ripoff and is very obviously actually a rip off and this goes to show what little sense of irony people on kickstarter have

here's some wishful thinking for in their list of possible challenges:

quote:

Massive demand
There is a chance that we have much more demand than we've anticipated and we are well aware that many campaigns in the past have struggled to keep up with responses. We have a commitment to reply to our supporters within 24 hours. We are fully committed to put the necessary time in the production and distribution in order to maintain our backers satisfied with the delivery time and response from us.

how much will it cost you to get this great thing? well, if youre male then its 15$ but if you want a rip off tank top for women it is 25 dollars. because i guess the shirt is more expensive to make or something? idk its probably rape culture or somethin

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2gzstudios/theocalypse-mythology-and-modern-day-collide-in-th?ref=recently_launched

"we wanted to recreate the 16-bit era RPG appearance we grew up on"
translation: we could only afford RPGmaker

"we turned the rpg battle system on its head by removing individual mana bars and sharing them among your party"
translation: INNOVATION

here's a bunch of :words: that should sell you on it

quote:

Theocalypse is a roleplaying game in the vein of the Persona, SMT, and early Final Fantasy games. Planned as a trilogy, Theocalypse features:

- A Mature Storyline: Theocalypse asks questions about human nature, the nature of power, what separates a man from a god, and other heavy philosophical questions.

- Serious Choices: The decisions you make will shape the world around you, as well as change the way the story concludes. The choices are not black and white, as there’s no such thing as absolute morality. Rather than “good” or “bad” options it’s all shades of grey, and you’ll have to live with the choices you make.

- Combat redefined: A new tactical combat system allows for more strategy and greater depth

- Classes, classes, classes: Each character has access to multiple roles and classes they can use, and no two classes play the same. Customize, strategize, and set up your team to match your play style.

- Mythology in a blender: Mythologies ranging from Native American to Egyptian, Mapuche to Shinto, and many others interact and clash in the world of Theocalypse.

- Seamless transitions from episode to episode: Data flags allow you to import your save file from each episode into the subsequent episode, allowing you to keep your choices, levels, and progress throughout the entirety of the Theocalypse trilogy.

bonus points : identify which one is the goon in the opening of their selling video its all of them

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

wow none of these assets mesh even slightly

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i'm the clashing perspectives

e: haha drat i actually like the character art at the top of the page and then i scrolled down to the gameplay screenshot and welp

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Vicas posted:

that actually makes me a little dizzy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Yodzilla posted:

e: haha drat i actually like the character art at the top of the page and then i scrolled down to the gameplay screenshot and welp

same

there is no human being that looks at this:

and goes "yea that's a good style"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
drat you beat me to it but yeah he's a battle scene

good loving lord

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
^^e: hahahah threefer

Yodzilla posted:

i'm the clashing perspectives

the battle screen is the exact same complete mess of perspective and clashing art. i know they've doomed themselves by working in RPGMaker's constraints but if this is anything close to a final design this game is going to hurt to look at

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Why the gently caress are people so obsessed with 16 bit JRPGs, FF6 was good when I was 14 but it's 20 years later

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
im gonna kickstarter some poo poo at the producer level some day and just use that poo poo in my resume

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Why the gently caress are people so obsessed with 16 bit JRPGs, FF6 was good when I was 14 but it's 20 years later

b/c that's what rpgmaker can make and also "nostalgia"

e: i also love how their player battle sprites are nothing like the enemy battle sprites. i guess it's like a 'throwback' to early final fantasy games but it looked bad there and at least those games had artists who could sort of make it work, as opposed to this

Vicas fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 28, 2013

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TOOT BOOT posted:

they can be legit fun if they are done with the fact in mind that we do not live in 1999 anymore so you have to put more into it than nostalgia but unfortunately this is NEVER done and doesn't honestly bear mention outside of my shitposts

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Vicas posted:

anarchy. down with mall bums. don't park in front of monticello. or the capitol building or whatever the gently caress.

GameCube fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 28, 2013

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

shut up and jam: gaiden is the only rpg maker game worth playing

or i guess its game maker which makes it one of two game maker games worth playing

irregardless i am excited for The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
spelunky, gunpoint and hotline miami so four good games

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

hubris.height posted:

im gonna kickstarter some poo poo at the producer level some day and just use that poo poo in my resume

it's me, i'm the clockwork summoner

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Werthog 95 posted:

irregardless
lol you goddamn idiot

or was that a joke??? :iiam:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's me, i'm the clockwork summoner

you mean you're not a BATTLEFIST? :rock:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Vicas posted:

you mean you're not a BATTLEFIST? :rock:
jubst wait until you see my final form, theocalyptic chibi-godling :ssj:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lol you goddamn idiot

i like to use "disirreguardlessly" sometimes

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

hotline miami was gamemaker i think?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

quote:

"When can I get my Sansaire?!" we hear you asking. Very soon!

If everything goes 100% according to plan, we’ll send out the very first units in the last week of November, when we conduct a trial production run to establish our standard operating procedures. If these units meet our standards we'll immediately begin assembly of the main batch.

This is a little later than we were initially hoping. It means that we’ll miss the opportunity for our US backers to celebrate Thanksgiving with a sous vide turkey this year. We thank you for your patience and understanding – we’re doing everything in our power to make the Sansaire high-quality and deliver it to you as soon as possible.

damnit heimerdinger

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Yodzilla posted:

you forgot sexy hiking

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

lol you goddamn idiot

jokes? in YOSPOS? heavens no, i wouldn't dream of it

Dec 26, 2012

hubris.height posted:

"we turned the rpg battle system on its head by removing individual mana bars and sharing them among your party"
translation: INNOVATION

lmao guess they never played smrpg then

or any of the other games that did this exact thing

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Werthog 95 posted:

jokes? in YOSPOS? heavens no, i wouldn't dream of it
it's the kind of joke that's indistinguishable from the genuine article

this is not a very good kind of joke tbh hth cya :tipshat:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

ahmeni posted:

hotline miami was gamemaker i think?

and the guy made 80 or so games before his utterly non-transferable skills were honed enough to make that janky piece of poo poo do anything worthwhile

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sham bam bamina! posted:

any sufficiently advanced joke is indistinguishable from magic - arthur c. fartz

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Honked posted:

and the guy made 80 or so games before his utterly non-transferable skills were honed enough to make that janky piece of poo poo do anything worthwhile

good
fuckin fail early and fail often

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
but enough about indy game development

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Dr. Honked posted:

good for him, i have a lot more respect for someone who does that than someone who releases their lovely failed garbage games in a collection for $15 (*cough*thebasementcollection*cough*)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Sham bam bamina! posted:

are you also the guy who gets mad whenever knuc or skylark makes a post

• Locked thread