Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KaneTW posted:

What the loving gently caress happened to 3s

why tera why

You can kick people in 3s now, and have them be replaced with a full HP guy, meaning the matches can go on forever. People are not supposed to be using the kick feature this way, and En Masse has stated they will be banning/suspending anyone who does this, as its incredibly lovely. I can confirm its a ban/suspension, because I've seen people posting about being banned/suspended for doing this.

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/player-vs-player/topics/Would-you-kick-me-?page=4#post-986792

Disclaimer: Don't read further down or up from that post, unless you hate yourself. It's a bunch of pubbies circlejerking about their gear, and how there should be an ilvl 168 requirement for EVERYTHING BG related.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Retro Access posted:

This is what my guild's been doing, because we are fed up with no more challenge existing at pve.

A word of warning though, when you are ranked very high and all of you are ranked very high, it matches you with people with low rank or no rank, aka people who have just hit 30 and have no idea what they are doing. Literally they do not understand instructions at all.

We got 9 of my guild into a run last night (queueing at the exact same time almost always puts you on the same team.)

The other 11 people for the most part just stood unmoving at inner on the defending side and we got slaughtered.

So we switched out just one person (me) for a low ranked alt, because I don't care about rank as you don't get poo poo for being ranked, apart from a crap team.

We did really well.

Another thing that confuses the hell out of me. We always go for the south airship. If we all get into that airship, and we do not get shot down, it's a win.

I always stand on inner during defending, mainly because once again, I do not care about rank. If an airship gets through, we always kill the lot of them before they wreck the crystal.

It is really not hard to do this so I can only wonder why the hell nobody else seems to do it! I mean it's completely obvious that you do not attack the people dropping *from behind*, you attack them from *in front* and backstep your way alongside the attackers all the way to the crystal (slowing them down with glacial retreat in my case.)

I really don't understand the mindset of complaining about level 30s. A friend and I duo queued at level 30 to top 20 with zero crystals (we didn't know they worked in CS!!!), and last season I hit 1420 as a level 50 and I only realized after season ended I didn't have jewelry equipped because I'm a moron. Only classes that don't have their most of their essential skills before level 50 would be Archer/Sorc since they get all their dps skills at or near 60.

Honestly, speaking from the 200+ CS I've played, I can't think of a game where I went "oh we lost cause LEVEL 30 SUB-HUMANNNN SCUMMMMMM. There are so many choke points in defense that people can abuse at any level, especially since tanks exists and any level can man it and do well. You don't even need a full 5 man do to well. Even with just 1 or 2 other people you can form some semblance of organization that's enough to crush 90+% of the people you meet in CS. This season I've only done 2man or 3man queues and we're 16-1.

Regarding airship, it should be shot down 100% of the time. I can't remember letting a mid airship through in the past 60+ game I've played. It's 3 shots that can be fired from 5 different locations. If it makes it 80% of the time the game ends right there.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Man it's reasons like this why I don't touch pvp with a 10 foot pole in mmo's. When gear plays this much of a factor in winning fights, I feel it just ruins that type of game mode.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Wassbix posted:

I really don't understand the mindset of complaining about level 30s. A friend and I duo queued at level 30 to top 20 with zero crystals (we didn't know they worked in CS!!!), and last season I hit 1420 as a level 50 and I only realized after season ended I didn't have jewelry equipped because I'm a moron. Only classes that don't have their most of their essential skills before level 50 would be Archer/Sorc since they get all their dps skills at or near 60.

Honestly, speaking from the 200+ CS I've played, I can't think of a game where I went "oh we lost cause LEVEL 30 SUB-HUMANNNN SCUMMMMMM. There are so many choke points in defense that people can abuse at any level, especially since tanks exists and any level can man it and do well. You don't even need a full 5 man do to well. Even with just 1 or 2 other people you can form some semblance of organization that's enough to crush 90+% of the people you meet in CS. This season I've only done 2man or 3man queues and we're 16-1.

Regarding airship, it should be shot down 100% of the time. I can't remember letting a mid airship through in the past 60+ game I've played. It's 3 shots that can be fired from 5 different locations. If it makes it 80% of the time the game ends right there.

Because many new players to CS do not understand instructions, literally they do not understand what you are saying to them. Just because one 30 read up on how the instance works, does not mean all of them do. You tell them to do something, they just literally stand there. You know it's happening when right off the bat people just scatter in random directions.

And heck, by my own experience - took me about 20 matches of CS to understand what the heck people were shouting at me. I went in in a premade and simply elected to follow one other person and eventually learn.

"Go to MID! MID MID MID GO TO MID YOU STUPID FUCKS!" for a very long time I didn't know what "mid" referred to. Just didn't click for a long time.

I could have asked, but I felt embarrassed. I imagine 90% of new people are the same.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Solo queue 3s is really lovely now because of votekicking. I need to play more CS. Wassbix log in bro!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

Solo queue 3s is really lovely now because of votekicking. I need to play more CS. Wassbix log in bro!

What makes you think you're not part of the community I want to make suffer...

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Sorry I missed out on the fun alliance stuff today, had to slay deathly serious internet space dragons. I probably won't be able to play much tomorrow either. It's not like you particularly need me to be present to win in CS, though!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Sorry I missed out on the fun alliance stuff today, had to slay deathly serious internet space dragons. I probably won't be able to play much tomorrow either. It's not like you particularly need me to be present to win in CS, though!

We're probably gonna do some CS at 8pm PST if you want to join us tonight.

Edit: Running the alliance stuff was a tonne of fun last night, felt like I was playing lineage all over (with good combat). We should definitely do it more often. Tricking that one dude into coming out of spawn was pretty funny.

Also helped me understand why the community can't stop whining about CS. MMO players just don't want a fair fight; they want to faceroll you with better gear/numbers and then for you to lay in the ground praising how great they are. In a BG where gear/numbers are equalized, the moment they start losing they all go on a racist tirade about BRs or level 30s, cause it couldn't possible be the fact that they are just rear end at the game (no that's impossible they are the best!). Really makes me want to convince 2-3 friends to play TERA so I can just make a static doom CS 5 man to make it rain tears.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 28, 2013

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

There is nothing quite like the feeling of grinding to dust a 5-man level 60 ~PvP zyrk~ 1200+ rating CS premade beneath the collective bootheels of our sub-60 parties within 3 minutes. :dong:

edit: :stare: wow that is a sentence that I wrote.

Super Space Jam 64 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 29, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

There is nothing quite like the feeling of grinding to dust a 5-man level 60 ~PvP zyrk~ 1200+ rating CS premade beneath the collective bootheels of our sub-60 parties within 3 minutes. :dong:

White people so ungrateful... I get called out for winning the game too quickly during a 3x bonus....

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I made a Baraka sorcerer named White.Mans.Guilt just for you. Looking forward to random useless PvP on the CS walls with it!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

I made a Baraka sorcerer named White.Mans.Guilt just for you. Looking forward to random useless PvP on the CS walls with it!

I might have to level with you, I've wanted to try out a Berserker or a slayer.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Are these CS skybox stomps going on in DGKK? And are there newbies from the Level.Up event that still need gearing in DGKK? I'm thinking of hopping over from NFA since I feel out of place without having +12 god tier gears like everyone has there (I just have +9 steadfast which is good enough for WHHM but I'd love to help newbies gear up). Also, NFA doesn't really seem to do things for the hell of it like these MCHM death runs I'm seeing!

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

I think most of the things people are mentioning about CS are DGKK stuff or people from NFA who have some DGKK characters, also fairly strong on doing things for the hell of it like repeatedly running into alliance PvP with a raid made up of mostly sub-60 characters half trying to complete alliance quests and half to try to kill people. Then breaking out all of the 60s in incomplete or non-PvP gear to try to kill everyone.

I know that there are a couple of people from the levelup event that are about where I am, just starting to get strikeforce and steadfast gear, anyone else either isn't as vocal or is some sort of CS monster with full strikeforce.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
Posting this because I could use some advice/I want to vent, I feel like if I post it anywhere else like e/n where it probably belongs, I'm going to get laughed at because *MMO drama* and if I post it here I'm probably going to get laughed at anyway, but heck if it isn't affecting my life to too much of a negative degree.

I started a guild like, over a year ago because I was sick of how other guild leaders boss you around and try to control you. The guild is pretty big now.

Bout 2 months ago, a dude joins our guild and starts taking over management of stuff, starting up raids etc. At first I'm real grateful for the investment of his time, when I do not have much time. I promote him to officer level, everyone's friends with him, great.

Then a bunch of people (the people he plays with most to boot) start getting fed up of how bossy he is. Heck, they joined this guild in the first place because I advertise that I'm hands off and won't order people around. I try to have a diplomatic as possible word with him, he gets all defensive. Result: He sequesters himself off in a group in vent with a few new friends and avoids the bulk of us. The people who were just a mite annoyed with him get all upset, because they were huge best buddies with him before apart from this. Because the dude is a Russian immigrant, one of the *very upset people* who is russian too even had a huge heart to heart with him in their native language. He ditches us all like we meant nothing.

Then he starts to get huge ambitions. He wants to be exarch. He does all this point farming til he's number 1 on the board and to cut a long story short, last week he asked me if he could have guild master so he can be exarch. Of course realising this would totally wreck our guild, I say no.

He buggers off to a new guild taking 5 people in the guild with him including the guy who owned our vent. The guy who owned our vent changes admin password, and the 5 people who buggered off to this new "wanna be exarch" guild hang out in the admin channel so we can't enter it and hear their special secrets. I get an earful all day long from the previously upset people about how this is really awkward, upsetting, that they don't want to share a vent. I buy a new vent server because yep it's really awkward, I'm guild master and it's got to the point where I totally lost control.

The problem: The new guild are still acting like they are affiliated with us. Heck, I think they realise that to attain anything they HAVE to be because they only have 6 individual members. Three people in my guild want to be affiliated with them. The three people are hurt, upset and confused that we cut ties. These people keep trying to invite us to raids with the new guild, like "join on me for xyz" without saying who is in the raid. Making a new vent caused one of these three to get very upset. "WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" kinda happy rainbows poo poo.

My problem: I've recognised this guy is really quite dangerous (at least, in terms of the health of my stupid MMO guild), very probably slightly sociopathic and has been using us, is actively using us still, pretends to be friends (like to levels of meeting up in real life) then can ditch us in a heartbeat if we don't agree with how he does things, and he just wants *complete control*. That his guild is comprised of old people from my guild and literally nobody else, and he's trying to suck us dry because it's really hard to get actual *new* members for guilds now from outside.

The people who are upset that we don't want to participate in some sorta alliance who will probably quit guild if we don't all get along: My loving MCHM static.
The people who want totally shot of him but will probably quit guild if this continues: My loving CS static who are all friends in real life so it's not like their opinions can ever be changed.

This is stupidly bugging me to levels of absolute stupidity.

I don't want to lose my MCHM static, I don't want to lose my CS static and most of all I just want to PLAY THE loving GAME.

This is the first MMO I ever played, the first guild I ever led and the first drama I really can't handle (and heck we've seen some major poo poo that we've got past.)

What the flying gently caress do you do in a situation like this?

I suppose what I am saying is I'm really sad that I'm about to lose the only players we have who can do MCHM. My favourite loving dungeon too. I got all my drat quills already, have cleared it 150+ times and still spam that poo poo because I really enjoy it. I am also pretty loving annoyed about the insertion of stupid politics like this into the game system. I hate the loving exarchy poo poo, I hated the vanarchy poo poo and until lately, everyone in this guild has avoided it like the plague and got along swimmingly. It's like they felt like they had to insert poo poo into the game that would purposely cause drama and split people up.

Anyway this is just a rant because I had to get that poo poo off my chest. Yep, I know it's a stupid videogame. Yep I know I should probably remove myself from the situation entirely.

If there is anyone on TR who wants to learn MCHM: I'm free and willing.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Stay GM, tell the splinter guild to gently caress off.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Umm, server transfer to MT? We don't have that poo poo in DGKK. At all.

Also nobody on MT gives a gently caress about Exarch. I'm frankly amazed anyone even cares...

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

WanderingKid posted:

Also nobody on MT gives a gently caress about Exarch. I'm frankly amazed anyone even cares...

WHY IS A PRIEST IN A loving TANK???

I kid.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

yergacheffe posted:

Are these CS skybox stomps going on in DGKK? And are there newbies from the Level.Up event that still need gearing in DGKK? I'm thinking of hopping over from NFA since I feel out of place without having +12 god tier gears like everyone has there (I just have +9 steadfast which is good enough for WHHM but I'd love to help newbies gear up). Also, NFA doesn't really seem to do things for the hell of it like these MCHM death runs I'm seeing!

Yes the CS stomps are DGKK. Talk to Wassbix about it since him and Alex are the masterminds behind much of the cheese abuse that leads to free wins. They can get anyone (regardless of ability) into top 30 across all servers.

Me, Sync and Puda have characters in both DGKK and NFA. NFA is pretty much all geared level 60s. DGKK has about half the number of active players I'd say but we don't really care if you are in poo poo gear or you don't know what you are doing.

We'll take you into MCHM as soon as you hit 60, wearing t14 gold fodder and walk you through it. Hilarity often ensues. Yesterday Wassbix and Sync were taking bets on what life %age I would die at during pod phase but in the end I'm happy to report, Wassbix got completely facerolled by Queen instead.

The master has truly become the mastered hahahaha.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

WanderingKid posted:

I still have no clue who the leader of DGKK is still after a month. But hey we did our first Queen hard run!!!!

Amazingly though, we had people for 2 CS groups last night. Which resulted in goon vs goon violence. It was against a Goon 5man and the other premade we dunked the other night vs My friend, Kilo and I. I thought it would be a tight game, but then after airships failed they drove their tanks in. Then we had 5 tanks on midpyre and it was just sorta sad to watch people trying to cap mid. My only regret was that you were not on the other team Wanderingkid....

*pours colt 40 on goon graves*

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

WanderingKid posted:

People who want a feeling of power in a videogame definitely do care.

I'm not a fan of overworld pvp servers basically. I'm not a big fan of pvp. We are doing CS because it's fun, it's well designed and heck, I do not take it all that seriously - albeit I got pretty high ranked.

I would upset a shitton of people if I up and left.

Also - I kinda fear that goon guilds up and die when goons get fed up of the game, and you don't have as big a pool of people to draw on to continue. I already saw that happen pre free 58 event. I had a character in DGKK and I saw everyone leave for another guild because the rest of DGKK was too casual and I'm not casual, I'm just too heavily involved in progression. Albeit not to the point that I need to be well known to everyone and his dog like this dude I'm having issues with.

I didn't want to join No Fun Allowed because I have had huge, huge issues with non casual guilds in the past. So our guild is a mash of heavy no lifer players and casual players none of whom care for notoriety. New dude did not gel with us and caused this, but anyone can weasel their way into any guild with an agenda, buddy up with everyone then turn out to be poisonous. I guess he saw us as an easy mark and thought he could take over because my ad says "I am not interested in bossing you around."

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 30, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Retro Access posted:

I didn't want to join No Fun Allowed because I have had huge, huge issues with non casual guilds in the past. So our guild is a mash of heavy no lifer players and casual players none of whom care for notoriety. New dude did not gel with us and caused this, but anyone can weasel their way into any guild with an agenda, buddy up with everyone then turn out to be poisonous. I guess he saw us as an easy mark and thought he could take over because my ad says "I am not interested in bossing you around."

NFA is like peak casual. They're basically the 4chan equivalent of DGKK.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

WanderingKid posted:

I also do feel like I have to clarify one other thing:

This is the first real drama we've had *internally*.

We have had epic drama caused previously by *outsiders* including one stalker making their way into the guild, having spent some real life money on namechanges and stuff like that.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Goon vs. Goon cs was fun as hell. And we got our first 100% DGKK queen run done last night! That 1.5% debuff miss gave me a heart attack but hey, we still finished. Moreover, that was a really clean run. It really was better than a lot of the quill sell runs I do.

Sync fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 26, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

You can also use mine at kane.cx 64700. PM me if you need admin. I only use it for some PUG raids sometimes so you can use it however much you want!

E: how much do quills go for now?

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

KaneTW posted:

You can also use mine at kane.cx 64700. PM me if you need admin. I only use it for some PUG raids sometimes so you can use it however much you want!

E: how much do quills go for now?

12k. It's barely anything in a 5 man, but I know some people that 3 man it 4 times a day, so they make 16k a day on quills. It's better than letting them build up in your bank I guess, but it isn't worth a whole lot anymore.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Clearly now the real money is in selling CS runs. Only 50k per run sign up now 100% win guaranteed (No Refunds) BUY BUY BUY

Adrenal, I made my strike chest and all my MESes failed pls help.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

There's apparently a market starting up for cubes, actually. I can kind of understand it considering how annoying it is to have to roll against 9 people for them, but I imagine they're incredibly expensive since you have to split profits between 9 people.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

KN20 loot was reasonably cheap back then. 50k for a weapon split amongst ~15

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

So far I've only heard about cube selling happening once, so I'm not actually sure of the price, but that's a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if it was somewhere around 50k.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I'm in the guild with Retro Access and have largely been absent through most of the drama, I didn't know the extent of it until now haha. It's a good guild, better than most Tera guilds go honestly, there's no creepy weirdos and no obnoxious ~*anime*~ people.

If dude is able to poach people from our guild, then those people who are leaving have had thoughts or were unhappy in our guild already. I had no idea the guy was only in guild for 2 months, that's barely enough time to really know what a person is like. Word of advice, never ever give anyone a position of leadership that wants it.

I think that people in the "other guild" are allowed to be friends with people in our guild and our people are allowed to go on runs with their friends. Now I'd take issue if they wanted our guild members to go raiding during our raid times, but if it's outside of regularly scheduled raid times, our guild members can do whatever the gently caress they want.

As far as vent goes, it's the guy's vent, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. We got our own, for our people to use. If our guild members want to hang out on theirs, then they can go hog wild. I don't know who the 3 people are in guild who are upset at this, but they cut ties with us the moment they left and you need to tell the 3 people that. However do let them know that they're not forbidden or anything like that to associate with "the other guild". We were all friends at one point and really just had a divergence of goals.

On a personal note to Retro Access, I think the main issue stems from two things: Having a lot of guild activity being started on vent/voice comms which leads to the same people getting to participate and everyone else left to their own devices. Secondly, there isn't any urging towards training/activities for new guild members to do. If my old guild didn't teach me how to do WHHM, I would have never gone on a run with the guild because I wouldn't know what to do. I've never done MCHM and only got to run SJG once by chance (ironically the guy that left is the one that showed me how to do it). There's no calls in guild to really do anything.

I've been playing less and less because there's nothing really for me to do. I really think you need to be more inclusive to all the other guild members and to be quite frank, start setting up times for events to happen, doesn't necessarily have to be you that does it, but someone does. That's what I liked about Mit honestly, he made stuff happen for those that aren't in any sort of static. We're not a goon guild with 300+ members where poo poo can start on the fly at all times of the day, a schedule needs to be set up so people can expect a guild activity to happen.

I've been playing GW2 again and god I really miss playing in a large goon guild.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 30, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I just realized the 100% DGKK Queen run had a non-DGKK priest. The run is null and void and we are all frauds :negative:. Now we must re-run MCHM and you get to suffer (again!) with me as I configure Windows 8 ("why is my esc key now an alt-tab button???")

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Lyer posted:

I'm in the guild with Retro Access and have largely been absent through most of the drama, I didn't know the extent of it until now haha. It's a good guild, better than most Tera guilds go honestly, there's no creepy weirdos and no obnoxious ~*anime*~ people.

If dude is able to poach people from our guild, then those people who are leaving have had thoughts or were unhappy in our guild already. I had no idea the guy was only in guild for 2 months, that's barely enough time to really know what a person is like. Word of advice, never ever give anyone a position of leadership that wants it.

I think that people in the "other guild" are allowed to be friends with people in our guild and our people are allowed to go on runs with their friends. Now I'd take issue if they wanted our guild members to go raiding during our raid times, but if it's outside of regularly scheduled raid times, our guild members can do whatever the gently caress they want.

As far as vent goes, it's the guy's vent, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. We got our own, for our people to use. If our guild members want to hang out on theirs, then they can go hog wild. I don't know who the 3 people are in guild who are upset at this, but they cut ties with us the moment they left and you need to tell the 3 people that. However do let them know that they're not forbidden or anything like that to associate with "the other guild". We were all friends at one point and really just had a divergence of goals.

On a personal note to Retro Access, I think the main issue stems from two things: Having a lot of guild activity being started on vent/voice comms which leads to the same people getting to participate and everyone else left to their own devices. Secondly, there isn't any urging towards training/activities for new guild members to do. I've never done MCHM and only got to run SJG once by chance (ironically the guy that left is the one that showed me how to do it). There's no calls in guild to really do anything.

I've been playing less and less because there's nothing really for me to do. I really think you need to be more inclusive to all the other guild members and to be quite frank, start setting up times for events to happen, doesn't necessarily have to be you that does it, but someone does. That's what I liked about Mit honestly, he made stuff happen for those that aren't in any sort of static. We're not a goon guild with 300+ members where poo poo can start on the fly at all times of the day, a schedule needs to be set up so people can expect a guild activity to happen.

I've been playing GW2 again and god I really miss playing in a large goon guild.

The thing is, there has been loads of urging and training, you just come online later than us. :(

I go to bed around 11pm est so I gave him leadership so he could set up his stuff after I'm asleep. MCHM, we do it, that core static is only 4 strong and we've been training up a 5th pulled from guild as and when we can.

The schedule for WHHM happened right at 8pm est and less and less have wanted to do it so I enforced running it last night and recruited some more people (we very fortunately pulled some pugs who had been previously playing with some other guildies in CS a lot.) Everyone drifted off into other stuff is the problem, and it's not just been Mit with the alliance stuff, it's been me and the CS stuff/early mchms. We all got our gear, stopped doing WHHM, and now we're back to doing it at a set time for the sake of new members. MCHM is another thing we've pulled several people into and that is why I'm scared to death of losing them.

I did have a word with them, did tell them that they are welcome to play with Mit and co but please don't try to trick the 5 people especially who had this major falling out with him into the groups because it's just causing terrible poo poo that I've had an earful of constantly.

I do feel very split between 2 groups but I also do feel that he was being manipulative because of the huge friendly friendly stuff he does and says then says something entirely different later on. I haven't said bad poo poo about this to the MCHM people because it just won't work - he really comes across as hugely helpful, friendly and nice to basically everyone and not looking like the bad guy is putting me in a really bad position.

He would have left anyway, was leaving anyway because of alliance and you know, I do wish people had kept quiet about their feelings towards him because he was never going to be persuaded. I asked them not to say poo poo, they did say a lot and it did cause even more trouble. And it alienated the people who see him as a friend.

At any rate we are planning WHHM for tonight at 10pm as there is no nexus. Nobody else has left and the people in MCHM are apparently sticking around.

BTW if you join a raid and I'm in it and we don't have a tank, I'm only in it to help out. If any dps needs to drop, I will drop for those that need gear, always - just bear that in mind too. I've been trying to get a run for you and several others, but if it's real late - technically I should be in bed.

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 30, 2013

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Does anyone have a list of possible lancer macros/tricks and such? I'm just so rear end on my lancer and I actually wanna sorta get stuff figured out and practice it a bit.

I mean last night I spent 3 minutes fumbling around to kill Sync in CS and I felt like a completely bumbling oaf.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Wassbix posted:

felt like a completely bumbling oaf.

You looked like one too :smuggo:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Sync posted:

You looked like one too :smuggo:

Ty for ur donation of 15 ratings!!!

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Wassbix posted:

I'll make sure I'm thinking about this next time we run queen while I leave jellies on top of you and laugh as you get dunked.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Wassbix posted:

:smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug::smug:

Lyer posted:

...We're not a goon guild with 300+ members where poo poo can start on the fly at all times of the day...

There are like 12 of us that play at most. The guild is close to 300 members but the vast majority of those haven't come online in months. DGKK is long past the MMO goon guild red giant phase.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
This is a picture I want to post in the official forum in all the CS whining threads about pre-mades/crystals/level 30s

2nd week of Tera ~ duoing with my friend (He's newtlysium)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
Very relieved everything has calmed down. First drama free night in days in vent with everyone on the two sides talking thanks to the hugely boring timewaster that was the Halloween party that left us all chatting to kill time while we wait for the GMs to stop faffing around (the guild won in two categories in the costume party so people showed up for support.)

I may take the very kind offer of using the goon server.

This guild used to somewhat affiliate ourselves with DGKK. Way back when we were learning MCHM we were manipulating queue to run it with a lancer in DGKK who wanted to learn.

I can still do that if we're lacking members for a run (I don't think pugs even bother queueing MCHM to date. I've never failed at a cross server queue.)

Proportion, if you want to learn MCHM, or perhaps MCNM first (advisable) just ask -it's something we have to organise because out of the four of us who set up training runs, only one person still needs quills and doesn't see them as massive priority (Dannesk). The other two aren't always online, because of big schedules.

I'm still looking for somebody to organise stuff after when I go to bed.

Therein lies the problem. I'd love to organise a huge guild, but it's hard on me because I'm not always around. You have the very real issue of - it's not tied to Something Awful so people won't reign in the drama quite as hard (no risk of exposure/lack of funds due to a potential ban on forum.) The bulk of the players in the guild are professionals in their 30s- right up to 50s so I'm surprised this sort of thing has happened at all.

I always pretty much thought this was a rather big guild - by comparison to the rest of the server. Guilds on Tera tend to be small and there's only a couple of big zerg guilds. We're definitely in the top few, when alliance hit and we *all* did it we were always ranked near top, which was only attainable through lots of members - pre Wonderholme, the bulk of players did alliance quests.

Sing like a girl fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 31, 2013

• Locked thread