Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Reese holstering his gun so he can beat up on Simmons felt pure comic book and I loved it.

I like how Simmons always wears his uniform as well. It feels like it's his super villain costume and the fight with 'the man in the suit' really highlighted the comic book feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I love that HR, while suffering few actual losses in manpower, basically got stomped really hard this episode. Their asset they had to take out Carter if they needed to both outed himself and was played to give them false info. By arranging the plan to kidnap the girl to get the tapes, instead they brought the tapes to the attention of Team Irrelevant. Their plan to ambush John ambushing them was actually some kind of double ambush and John basically went there and beat them all up for fun. I mean they thought it was Carter AND John coming so they brought more dudes and then it was just John and he still took them all out.

And yeah, miniFusco has a long road to redemption if he's even gonna take it. He doesn't even know who he is yet, son. Carter still really has to watch herself around him until she tightens the grip some more.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Don't forget they were stupid enough to hold the girl at their drug manufacturing lab, which allowed Team Irrelevant to find and blow it up.

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
Carter's moment was so badass because she's not a comic book character. Reese, Finch, Shaw, Root, are all superheroes/villians. Carter is a regular human being.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I am so conflicted as to whom to root for.
Shaw or, well, Root.

I'm also hoping they're going for the BFF route long term.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Holy loving poo poo this episode! HOLY loving poo poo THE NEXT EPISODE!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bobfromsales posted:

Carter's moment was so badass because she's not a comic book character. Reese, Finch, Shaw, Root, are all superheroes/villians. Carter is a regular human being.

Yeah, I was wondering how this episode could possibly top "I need blood... so I'm taking yours." And then it did.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

PersonofInterest.jpg

Anyway, yeah, Carter's "You work for me now" line was probably the best part of that episode. I will admit that I was a little worried that this season wasn't going to be as good as the first 2. I'm not anymore.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Kruller posted:

I really loved how, in a show full of incredibly badassed moments, including the entire opening sequence of God Mode last season, the absolute hands down most badass moment went to Carter. It's made especially great by the fact that the moment was done by a black woman on network TV, and it was 100% hers. No help, no one encouraging her, no one giving in ear support. Just Joss being hardcore all on her own. Hopefully this is something that more shows do. Women, and especially women of color, acting with their own agency and getting poo poo done that doesn't involve romance or kids or any typical "woman stuff" that TV loves to throw at us.

I also love how Reese and Carter basically are best bros without a hint of romantic chemistry. How often does a show have a straight woman and a straight man drink together purely platonically?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Occupation posted:

I also love how Reese and Carter basically are best bros without a hint of romantic chemistry. How often does a show have a straight woman and a straight man drink together purely platonically?

Elementary is pretty good at this, without the drinks though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

:siren:Tonight's Episode:siren:: Mors Praematura

Synopsis: Freed from her psych ward confinement, Root receives a directive from The Machine that requires Shaw's assistance – by any means necessary – and takes extreme measures to gain her compliance. Also, Reese and Finch look for clues as to why a mild-mannered estate investigator’s number has come up.

Preview

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I have to say... I put this show off for a year or two thinking "Eh, it wasn't getting good reviews so I won't be bothered to watch it."

Having marathoned the seasons up until where we are tonight, I have to say I'm pretty amped for the next episode. To watch where PoI has come from up until this point is ridiculous.

Plus the last 5 minutes of the last episode were awesome. I don't know why I ever doubted Michael Emerson.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gonna try posting ahead of time this week - if you post after the Canadian airing, please at least use spoiler tags. The show doesn't air until 10 EST for your neighbors to the south.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Regy Rusty posted:

Gonna try posting ahead of time this week - if you post after the Canadian airing, please at least use spoiler tags. The show doesn't air until 10 EST for your neighbors to the south.

Yeah, guys, I'm gonna emphasize this. Most people watch this show on the American East Coast. Please be courteous!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, I'm making sure I don't do that again, sorry 'bout that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mughe posted:

I have to say... I put this show off for a year or two thinking "Eh, it wasn't getting good reviews so I won't be bothered to watch it."

Having marathoned the seasons up until where we are tonight, I have to say I'm pretty amped for the next episode. To watch where PoI has come from up until this point is ridiculous.

Plus the last 5 minutes of the last episode were awesome. I don't know why I ever doubted Michael Emerson.

It gets half way decent reviews, it's also a pretty popular show too.

Can't wait for tonights episode, have we had this combination of a team up? I can't think we have on the show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hey it's Charlie! (From Fringe)

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
"Decrypting Tor Network" :tinfoil:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Kirk Acevedo!!!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Hey, sometimes you have a taser and you get bored. Don't judge Shaw like that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Can't believe their kinkshaming shaws taser habit.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I love that fridge. Guns, guns, grenades, milk, guns, guns...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Safety first.

They're adorable together.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Spaghetti and an oxygen tank? I feel like I missed an episode of Mythbusters on that one, does that actually work?

Basket of Kittens
Feb 22, 2008

Across the Rio Grande

Kai Tave posted:

Spaghetti and an oxygen tank? I feel like I missed an episode of Mythbusters on that one, does that actually work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKZtb6dTWSY

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Goddamn Reese is tough!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so the group is called Eternal Vigilance, which of course calls back to the first episode? And now are trying to kill him because he knows info on them.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Democratic murder is a bitch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love it when a plan comes together.

:stare:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah really digging this episode , although I am a little unclear on why Shaw is there and Reese? Why did the machine send Root with Shaw after that guy? When it already sent Reese to save the number of the week?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well that was a badass musical cue to start things off.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Hollis posted:

Yeah really digging this episode , although I am a little unclear on why Shaw is there and Reese?

The Machine is intervening from two angles. It's got Reese and Finch working from the outside by helping the investigator, while it ordered Root to grab Shaw and infiltrate the CIA pickup of his brother.

OHHHHHHHH NUMBER SONG

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hollis posted:

Yeah really digging this episode , although I am a little unclear on why Shaw is there and Reese? Why did the machine send Root with Shaw after that guy? When it already sent Reese to save the number of the week?

Well in reality they're trying to save two different people, it just happens to be from the same situation. It really looks like the Machine is trying to work around the restrictions that Team Irrelevant is willing to work under.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Hollis posted:

Shaw is there because causing a truck accident was also Root's plan to break her and Jason out. And the machine cares about Jason for its general inscrutable machine interest in Vigilance is.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Oh, so they're Anon AND the Tea Party. Things just got nice and clusterfucky.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
^^^They can't be the Tea Party because the guy in charge is black.

Yeah, it seems like Root was telling the truth earlier about there now being a third "classification" of mission that the Machine is putting into motion. Reese and Finch are dealing with the irrelevant number that came up because left unchecked Vigilance would kill him, but Root and Shaw are breaking the brother who got nabbed by the CIA out for some other reason.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Ooooh poo poo, Harold's jealous.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
No way Root stays there, kind of curious if the machine is going to break her out somehow. I can't see locking up one of the machines Assets a good idea at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plus the Machine clearly wanted Jason saved and set up in a specific place with ample resources for whatever else it has planned. If it had just let team irrelevant potentially rescue him they might either have failed, or wouldn't have positioned him the way it wanted.

• Locked thread